Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope so. Initially I was worried if their cases were separate they could just point the blame at each other and both go free now im worried the cases are being joined because maybe there isnt strong enough evidence

I would think that the two bodies found on CD’s property and the mountain of evidence LE has regarding the concealment is enough. Remember they are not yet charged with murder.

Maybe Woods’ strategy is to have Chad and Lori defend the current charges & use the information CD & LV provide as further basis for the murder charges (coming). I think Wood will then augment his case using their own words. It will be hard for CD & LV to dispute Wood if they provide him with enough direct testimony given sworn under oath.

I agree this is the time one of them should flip on the other. However given CD & LV haven’t seen each other since February I think this absence from each other only has further increased their “devotion “ to each other as they feel it is “them against the world”. Thus as much as I’d like to see one throw the other under the bus, those two are probably still locked in their own bubble.

I think that major “cracks” in their resolve will emerge as more info about the concealment is released through discovery. Somehow the DA will then file murder charges around Christmas or so to build pressure on both of them. Lori may also be charged in CV’s murder by then.

The perfect storm.

I still believe Chad will flip on Lori. He has 5 living children whose psychological well being he should be worried about. Lori has nothing. A clueless family, dead kids, dead husbands, drifter, grifter and murderer.

Anyone have any idea how LV is paying her attorney fees? Chad is probably using Tammy’s life insurance proceeds for his defense. Is Lori using Tylee’s trust money from her dad Ryan?

These two disgust me. I hope the next time we see Lori she has 2” gray roots for a tricolor effect ( blonde, brunette and gray). Chad looks like he has lost a lot of weight.

I would think that the two bodies found on CD’s property and the mountain of evidence LE has regarding the concealment is enough. Remember they are not yet charged with murder.

Maybe Woods’ strategy is to have Chad and Lori defend the current charges & use the information CD & LV provide as further basis for the murder charges (coming). I think Wood will then augment his case using their own words. It will be hard for CD & LV to dispute Wood if they provide him with enough direct testimony given sworn under oath.

I agree this is the time one of them should flip on the other. However given CD & LV haven’t seen each other since February I think this absence from each other only has further increased their “devotion “ to each other as they feel it is “them against the world”. Thus as much as I’d like to see one throw the other under the bus, those two are probably still locked in their own bubble.

I think that major “cracks” in their resolve will emerge as more info about the concealment is released through discovery. Somehow the DA will then file murder charges around Christmas or so to build pressure on both of them. Lori may also be charged in CV’s murder by then.

The perfect storm.

I still believe Chad will flip on Lori. He has 5 living children whose psychological well being he should be worried about. Lori has nothing. A clueless family, dead kids, dead husbands, drifter, grifter and murderer.

Anyone have any idea how LV is paying her attorney fees? Chad is probably using Tammy’s life insurance proceeds for his defense. Is Lori using Tylee’s trust money from her dad Ryan?

These two disgust me. I hope the next time we see Lori she has 2” gray roots for a tricolor effect ( blonde, brunette and gray). Chad looks like he has lost a lot of weight.
If Lori's and Chad's cases are combined into one, then flipping on each other won't be possible. I was under the impression that one trial = common defense strategy. Scott Reisch said on his show that he expects for the judge(s) to join the cases. Defense can ask for separate trials if they intend to accuse the other party or use a divergent defense.

I'm not sure that they can be tried for murder later on the same evidence (and not more) as the current charges. That could fall under double jeopardy rule.

Last edited:
Yes, I think Chad is the weaker character of the two, and if anyone flips it will be him. Also (apart from his weird books, etc) he seems to have been pretty harmless until he met Lori.
His books got Lori interested in the first place. Then he built a doctrine that justified murder. I'm not sure if he made up the zombie part before or after meeting Lori.

If Lori's and Chad's cases are combined into one, then flipping on each other won't be possible. I was under the impression that one trial = common defense strategy. Scott Reisch said on his show that he expects for the judge(s) to join the cases. Defense can ask for separate trials if they intend to accuse the other party or use a divergent defense.

i think it will be more of a cut throat defence strategy rather than "flipping"

Under a cut throat strategy, CD might attempt to minimise his involvement for example - that is different from him saying "Lori did it"

Also this stuff matters a lot more if/when murder charges drop.

IMO it is fanciful for CD to create any daylight on the current conspiracy, but on murder charges maybe he can try to claim his involvement was only concealment.

That's where i'd be going.

I don't know much about US plea deals.

Is flipping very likely? Like would the state offer CD a deal in the first place? Maybe if he pleads to Tammy then he only gets conspiracy on the kids?

The other issue with it, is that LV knows so much about what Chadders did.

I'm not sure that they can be tried for murder later on the same evidence (and not more) as the current charges. That could fall under double jeopardy rule.

And what is so great about that, is that if they do want to separate the trials, they will have to give specifics to the court as it is an affirmative motion. Meaning they have to give specific reasons and outline why. That then will lead to all of us knowing what the defense is going to do for at least one of them. This is one case that is a new one as to potential strategies. The Dan Markel case had a Magnabua and Garcia,(one hung jury, the other guilty- and the one that was hung had significantly better legal representation in court in my opinion) but this one may be different.

Last edited:
IMO CD has no realistic defence on the conspiracy charge because the bodies are on his property, and he ran off to Hawaii with LD, pretending the kids were safe.

He'd need to testify that she somehow deceived him - but IMO that is more in play for the murders.

e.g he wasn't present when Alex killed the kids, and LV lied about what happened.

It's thin sauce but hey

Is flipping very likely? Like would the state offer CD a deal in the first place? Maybe if he pleads to Tammy then he only gets conspiracy on the kids?

Yes, if he flips he can expect all of his secrets that he told Lori to be outed some way during the trial by her defense attorney. It will be a smear campaign for sure and perhaps lots of motion in limine and side bars to keep it out?

Is it going to be a surprise to her, or is that why she did not show the last time she was supposed to be in court with Chad, as she might have an inkling of such?

Plea deals are the bread and butter of criminal law. Not sure if either will go for it here, but doing so could get a huge reduction it the length of their sentence. Technically tbeir married and cant testify against each other due to spousal privilege but there is an expectation to the rule when a spouses child is murdered, but im not sure if they use thst here.

Before I start my ramble, I have to make clear this case breaks my heart and like so many other posters I am sickened as to the state the children were found in particular Tylee. My question is brutal I mean no offence to anyone. Please don't read if you are easily offended.

Considering the reported state of Tylees remains at the place where she was eventually found, there must surely be another Crime Scene with some forensic evidence (sorry for this) or was she just killed burned and shovelled without any thought and then dug into the ground hence the state of her remains. I hope to god the Law Enforcement collected every spade shovel and garden tool available form the CD and linked neighbouring properties.

As for JJ from the reported amount of duct tape, plastic how he was bound I am now of the opinion. he was put to bed on a sheet of plastic whilst asleep, he was bound with duct tape wrapped up in the plastic suffocated, passed away and was removed to his resting place in his plastic prison. I am not quite sure of the skills of cadaver dogs in such a situation and if they would pick up a scent in apartment 175, 107.

Once again I am sorry for having such thoughts I am just trying to think all things through and the possibilities.

I personally wouldn't put anything past this motley crew and think they are all complicit whether it be Providing Alibis, Physical Murder, Digging Graves, Burning Bonfires, Recording Phone Calls.

As far as I am concerned all of these people are the scum of the earth. Sorry I am so flipping cross and annoyed.

As always
MingyMoo

Last edited:
Plea deals are the bread and butter of criminal law. Not sure if either will go for it here, but doing so could get a huge reduction it the length of their sentence. Technically tbeir married and cant testify against each other due to spousal privilege but there is an expectation to the rule when a spouses child is murdered, but im not sure if they use thst here.

In addition to the exceptions because there are children murdered and other reasons, all of this happened before they were married. And the evidence they have after they were married and went to Hawaii, it's going to be a forensics anyway.

They have zero protection pretty much for what their charges are now and potentially in the future.

ETA Moo

Last edited:
Spousal privilege means that they don't have to testify against each other, not that they can't. It doesn't seem to apply to this case anyway.

Question? Does having a joint trial mean there is one defence attorney or two. does this mean Mr Prior and Mr Means work together or separate. As for being run over by a bus I really do have to question where that came from interestingly Mr Means tagline
DON'T GET THROWN UNDER THE BUS
I feel myself disappearing off into conspiracy land down lots of rabbit holes never to return.

As always
MingyMoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members