Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question? Does having a joint trial mean there is one defence attorney or two. does this mean Mr Prior and Mr Means work together or separate. As for being run over by a bus I really do have to question where that came from interestingly Mr Means tagline
DON'T GET THROWN UNDER THE BUS
I feel myself disappearing off into conspiracy land down lots of rabbit holes never to return.

As always
MingyMoo
Each defendant is entitled to their own attorney. I would also imagine that there would be conflict if 1 attorney represented both clients (but I do know that this can be waived).

Opinion of a former federal prosecutor:

Rahmani said that joining the two cases could make it more likely for Lori and Chad to be convicted, adding: 'But the prosecution case is very strong even if Lori and Chad are tried separately.'

The veteran prosecutor said he fully expects attorneys for both defendants to oppose the joinder motion.

If they do request separate trials, Rahmani said the judge is likely to comply.

Idaho prosecutor asks judge to try Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell's cases TOGETHER | Daily Mail Online

Plea deals are the bread and butter of criminal law. Not sure if either will go for it here, but doing so could get a huge reduction it the length of their sentence. Technically tbeir married and cant testify against each other due to spousal privilege but there is an expectation to the rule when a spouses child is murdered, but im not sure if they use thst here.

I thought it was said on past threads here that the spouses can testify against each other in the cases of their murdered children....anyone else remember this?

IF they are tried together....they are asked all these questions and for each answer the take the 5th Amendment....how do you think this will play out?

also...in case I missed it would there be 1 or 2 sets of jury members?

thanks

Suggestion for the moderators: Can we put the relevant Idaho law on a general information page? Things like spousal privilege, conflict of interest, death penalty, life without parole, etc.? It seems we revisit these topics on a weekly basis.

Just a suggestion.

I’d like to know more about Double Jeopardy. My very basic understanding is that, regardless of acquittal or conviction, a person can’t be tried twice for substantially the same crime. Will evidence presented in this case be excluded from being presented in any future murder case against Lori and Chad?

Can these two deluded souls each choose to represent themselves? They're both megalomaniacs.
That would be the kiss of death for any outside chance they'd have in getting off. I can just see Rob Wood saying to LV that her kids were found in grisly condition and buried on her husband's property.
LV's sheepish, squeaky reply, "That's great."

Plea deals are the bread and butter of criminal law. Not sure if either will go for it here, but doing so could get a huge reduction it the length of their sentence. Technically tbeir married and cant testify against each other due to spousal privilege but there is an expectation to the rule when a spouses child is murdered, but im not sure if they use thst here.

Spousal privilege doesn’t apply when the murder of minor children is concerned.

Yes, you are correct and he never was their step father!

This is going to be an interesting court case. I hope it stays professional and not turn into a circus.

In the famous phone call between CD and LVD, when she is already in prison and he is in his truck while his property is being searched, he says: "you will have to talk to Mr. Means." Does this suggest that he selected her attorney? Am I reading too much into that?

I wonder if there is going to be any affirmative defense, or just both of them choosing to remain silent. I also cannot imagine their facial expressions if both of them are in the same court room for three weeks. IMO

This is the part that concerns me as well.

I'm of the opposite opinion regarding double jeopardy. I think evidence in different cases/charges can be used but they can't be retried on "same charges" more than once. (i.e. If charged/tried for conspiracy and found innocent, they cannot be charged with conspiracy again). But, IANAL so I could be wrong... maybe some specific evidence can't be admissable? Maybe an actual attorney will set us straight :)

The thing is, I believe there's a really big chance that Lori just talked freely in front of both Tylee and JJ about that stuff. JJ probably didn't care, but Tylee probably did catch some weird stuff. I think it's very much possible that Tylee knew what would happen to "zombies". I'm not sure if they ever talked about Charles being a "zombie", but she knew he died and how he died. It wouldn't surprise me either if Lori talked and talked and talked so much trash about her father, maybe even saying he was a zombie too. Her father was also dead. So... her reaction really does break my heart because there's a big chance she was aware to some extent about what was going on.
Iirc, cv sent Tylee a link to information on the internet warning her about these fringe beliefs. He gave her a heads up, but likely neither suspected Tylee would be in mortal danger. At 16, and sheltered away from peers, and a bit of internalized obligation to look after JJ; it would be very difficult for young Tylee to likely recognize her mother would readily allow her to be killed until it was too late. MOO

Question? Does having a joint trial mean there is one defence attorney or two. does this mean Mr Prior and Mr Means work together or separate. As for being run over by a bus I really do have to question where that came from interestingly Mr Means tagline
DON'T GET THROWN UNDER THE BUS
I feel myself disappearing off into conspiracy land down lots of rabbit holes never to return.

As always
MingyMoo

from the web site:

"He is an honors graduated from the University..." too busy to proof read his own bio, I guess....It is a nice looking bus if you are into modern vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4