Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if he flips he can expect all of his secrets that he told Lori to be outed some way during the trial by her defense attorney. It will be a smear campaign for sure and perhaps lots of motion in limine and side bars to keep it out?

Is it going to be a surprise to her, or is that why she did not show the last time she was supposed to be in court with Chad, as she might have an inkling of such?
Unless Means is an even bigger moran than we think, after watching Prior during Chad’s preliminary hearing he knows Chad’s preparing to throw her under a great big bus. And he’s told Lori. She knows. I expect she’d now like to gouge his eyes out w/her bare hands.

Unless Means is an even bigger moran than we think, after watching Prior during Chad’s preliminary hearing he knows Chad’s preparing to throw her under a great big bus. And he’s told Lori. She knows. I expect she’d now like to gouge his eyes out w/her bare hands.
And I have no doublt that she could do that,without a thought.

I’d like to know more about Double Jeopardy. My very basic understanding is that, regardless of acquittal or conviction, a person can’t be tried twice for substantially the same crime. Will evidence presented in this case be excluded from being presented in any future murder case against Lori and Chad?

The opinion of a lawyer I heard on the WS podcast was that you can't be tried again on substantially the same set of facts. This is to prevent the prosecution from bringing multiple sets of proceedings in relation to the same transaction - that would be unfair on defendants who would have to spend yet more years defending themselves over again for essentially the same matter

So all the crimes need to be charged in one set of proceedings.

Suggestion for the moderators: Can we put the relevant Idaho law on a general information page? Things like spousal privilege, conflict of interest, death penalty, life without parole, etc.? It seems we revisit these topics on a weekly basis.

Just a suggestion.

Great idea - especially for crimes that will run over multiple years.

We had this a lot on the pistorius trial and the appeals, where statutes and case law had been analysed, then the same question would come up again and it is actually quite difficult to find your own posts from months or years ago

I am posting this not knowing Chad's exact movements around the times of the burials and the likely dates the kids were murdered, and of course where they were murdered.

But if CD was not actually physically present when AC killed the kids, his best bet is likely to plead to the conspiracy as an accessory after the fact. So he helped with the coverup, but was not physically involved in the murders.

If CD actually was directly involved with the murders, this still might be his best bet.

But if for example, law enforcement have mobile evidence placing him at LVs at the likely times, this might explain why he won't be offered that kind of plea deal to flip. He'll have to plead to murder for a "better" deal - but surely that would still be a heavy sentence.

IMO CD is a key part of the murder conspiracy - which makes a plea unlikely.

His best chance is probably the cut throat defence

In the famous phone call between CD and LVD, when she is already in prison and he is in his truck while his property is being searched, he says: "you will have to talk to Mr. Means." Does this suggest that he selected her attorney? Am I reading too much into that?

I wonder if there is going to be any affirmative defense, or just both of them choosing to remain silent. I also cannot imagine their facial expressions if both of them are in the same court room for three weeks. IMO
Well, MM was already Lori's attorney, so yes, I think you may be reading too much into that. I hope they are not tried together and I am really hoping that the prosecutor only filed the motion to join proceedings because he wants to see where the defence is going to go. If the defence do not oppose the motion, I think tose two will draw strength from each other just by being in the same room. Nate did an interview a week or so ago, and during that interiew he mentioned that Chad and Lori were still very much together (according to his source).

If that is the case, then Prior will oppose the cases being joined. The question for me, is whether the prosectution will call the co-defendant to give evidence against the other defendant. Now, that would be interesting! Another question I have is if the cases are tried separately, if it strategically better to go first or last?

If that is the case, then Prior will oppose the cases being joined. The question for me, is whether the prosectution will call the co-defendant to give evidence against the other defendant. Now, that would be interesting! Another question I have is if the cases are tried separately, if it strategically better to go first or last?

I find it strange that the trials would be separated.

They are basically a single conspiracy with the same evidence. But I get the US has different rules.

Plea deals are the bread and butter of criminal law. Not sure if either will go for it here, but doing so could get a huge reduction it the length of their sentence. Technically tbeir married and cant testify against each other due to spousal privilege but there is an expectation to the rule when a spouses child is murdered, but im not sure if they use thst here.

I have another issue with spousal privilege. Besides the issue of minor children. I'm not a lawyer but I don't think it applies at all. They were not married to each other during any of the crimes or suspected crimes. It's a bit hard to claim spousal privilege when they weren't spouses. Jmo

I.R.E. 504. Husband-Wife Privilege. | Supreme Court

I have another issue with spousal privilege. Besides the issue of minor children. I'm not a lawyer but I don't think it applies at all. They were not married to each other during any of the crimes or suspected crimes. It's a bit hard to claim spousal privilege when they weren't spouses. Jmo

I.R.E. 504. Husband-Wife Privilege. | Supreme Court
Don't forget, Chad told LE he didn't even know Lori that well when they were already married. I can't wait to hear his desparate attempt to try to distance himself from her in a court room.

Attachment will be the comment Mark Means made.

Nate Eaton - Reporter

Mark Means, Lori Vallow Daybell’s attorney, has updated his post. Kay Woodcock tells me she and Larry were wearing microphones on their drive over to the courthouse (they are working on a documentary) and took them off when they got out of their truck. She says they never tried to wear them into the courthouse. “Means is trying to make us the bad guys. Maybe he’ll make Tylee and JJ the bad guys in the courtroom to make it appear like Lori had a reason to murder them,” Kay says.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200904-141417_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200904-141417_Facebook.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 71
Means' reply: https://twitter.com/MeansLaw/status/1301959207839649792

EhF8_1_VgAUq079

ETA: His latest point seems to be that potential witnesses shouldn't be doing paid interviews. He initially accused the Woodcocks of trying to smuggle recording devices into Chad's preliminary hearing.

Last edited:
So Means decides to pick on the two most dignified, heroic, and sympathetic individuals in this horrible affair. Well, if you ever wondered about Lori's ability to cast spells, here's one before your very eyes :)

MM's twitter. Spells Woodcocks wood *advertiser censored* in several tweets. How disrespectful.

Mark Means Law

@MeansLaw

·
2h

To clarify my previous tweet the wood *advertiser censored* were seen just outside (not far from entry way of court house) removing what appeared to be wires and recording devices in the presence of police agency possible agencies. https://instagram.com/p/CEuMar8HGVh/?igshid=gh9sqlt5fri6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay