Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all are a bunch of great thinkers!

1. Chad can't flip on LVD, because she probably knows the "goods" on TD. That is brilliant. Interesting.
2. Where was Tylee killed? If cadaver dogs never "hit" on anything in the condo/apartment, how was she killed, and where?
3. Alex will no doubt be dragged through the mud here. "AC did it, he was the killer". Okay, but the conspiracy is the key.

We may think that LVD and CD are not going to serve enough time in prison, but I don't see them as being eligible for any type of early release program.

Plus, I still believe that federal charges are pending against LVD, and possibly CD, for fraud, using the Social Security benefit money for JJ and Tylee.

Spousal privilege means that they don't have to testify against each other, not that they can't. It doesn't seem to apply to this case anyway.
Well technical the statue requires the spouses permission to testify, but it wouldnt matter given the exception. I didn't see any legislative notes on step parents so im not sure if that can make a difference. Id have to do a deeper dive on it

Tylee is on record as having been defiant, or at least dismissive, toward Lori when accused of being a zombie. (“Not me, Mom!”) I’m sure that went over like a lead balloon. But cheese, if ever mother murdered a teenager for talking back, the world’s population would be 6, not 6 billion.
The thing is, I believe there's a really big chance that Lori just talked freely in front of both Tylee and JJ about that stuff. JJ probably didn't care, but Tylee probably did catch some weird stuff. I think it's very much possible that Tylee knew what would happen to "zombies". I'm not sure if they ever talked about Charles being a "zombie", but she knew he died and how he died. It wouldn't surprise me either if Lori talked and talked and talked so much trash about her father, maybe even saying he was a zombie too. Her father was also dead. So... her reaction really does break my heart because there's a big chance she was aware to some extent about what was going on.

Well technical the statue requires the spouses permission to testify, but it wouldnt matter given the exception. I didn't see any legislative notes on step parents so im not sure if that can make a difference. Id have to do a deeper dive on it

Chad has never been a stepparent, the children were murdered and buried in his backyard prior to LVD and CD getting married. Technical matter? Jmo

i think it will be more of a cut throat defence strategy rather than "flipping"

Under a cut throat strategy, CD might attempt to minimise his involvement for example - that is different from him saying "Lori did it"

Also this stuff matters a lot more if/when murder charges drop.

IMO it is fanciful for CD to create any daylight on the current conspiracy, but on murder charges maybe he can try to claim his involvement was only concealment.

That's where i'd be going.

I’m thinking between now and January a mountain of activity will be going on each side. I am also thinking one may flip on the other before January.

Prior is no fool. He’s ready to fight for his client. MM, not so much. Prior will present every bloody alternative to Chad to protect him from murder charges. Chad could always say he didn’t know. He could stick to that story. The burden is on the state.

I can’t see how Lori could defend herself. She’s the kids mother. Then CV’s statement on police body cam discussing LV’s mental health and break with reality is available & goodness knows what else LE has.

Thanks for the information on possible double jeopardy. I learn a lot from this forum!

And by January the possibility of murder charges filed against LV. Lots of pressure on both parties.

Do we know where Chad was when the murders likely occurred?

If he was at his home, and Alex likely did the physical act. then that helps Chad with those charges

Plea deals are the bread and butter of criminal law. Not sure if either will go for it here, but doing so could get a huge reduction it the length of their sentence. Technically tbeir married and cant testify against each other due to spousal privilege but there is an expectation to the rule when a spouses child is murdered, but im not sure if they use thst here.

I think I read that in many US states that the law regarding husband/wife testimony issue is being challenged in certain charges but I could be wrong. If I remember the source I will cite it otherwise just throwing it out there.

Thank you for the correction. It looks like I was referring to marital testimonial privilege, specifically the case where a witness spouse alone can invoke it (in California for example). Both spouses can claim privilege when it comes to confidential marital communications.

Idaho rules:
I.R.E. 504. Husband-Wife Privilege. | Supreme Court

Last edited:
Yes, the difference in treatment of the bodies has been addressed a few times on the thread. IIRC the prevailing theory was that the perps learned from Tylee's case that it takes too long to burn a body so they didn't try again with JJ. Another possibility is that JJ's body was smaller and easier to conceal. IMO there could have been resentment towards Tylee if she confronted Lori about anything, especially related to Chad and their beliefs. It's also possible that they tried to cover up a violent manner of death by burning. Some people might speculate that a ritual was involved, but I don't find that likely.

ETA: I wonder if Tylee knew the true reason why they were moving to Rexburg. Not the part about being murdered, of course. I mean Lori's attraction to Chad.

And, we are not clear on exactly WHERE either death actually took place.

Careful not to put the cart before the horse. There are no murder charges yet filed- only conspiracy. I am curious why desecration of remains charges weren’t filed but suspect that will come with the murder charges (I hope soon!). There has been no mention of desecration or murder yet in any filing, I don’t think.

The charges they currently face are not huge criminal offenses. LE is building their case for many serious charges to come.

No one really has to show their hands yet(the defense attorneys) until the facts are out and right now there are little to no facts that we, the general public, are privy to.

It’ll be so interesting to watch how justice for those children comes about after these despicable acts committed by those despicable people.

Chad has never been a stepparent, the children were murdered and buried in his backyard prior to LVD and CD getting married. Technical matter? Jmo
Yeah, I was just pondering how it would play out if LV would be able to testify under the exclusion, but CD was still barred due to privilege. Granted LV would have to want to testify and it only would apply to communication after they were married so it may not come it play at all. the law nerd in me is fascinated by the numerous ways the cases being joined could play out based on all these little things. not trying to drag anyone down the rabbit hole with me lol

Spousal privilege means that they don't have to testify against each other, not that they can't. It doesn't seem to apply to this case anyway.

I personally feel that they are still living their "love affair" in prison. Given all they know about everything and each other, I don't think either one has anything going for them except the fantasy of each other.

Question? Does having a joint trial mean there is one defence attorney or two. does this mean Mr Prior and Mr Means work together or separate. As for being run over by a bus I really do have to question where that came from interestingly Mr Means tagline
DON'T GET THROWN UNDER THE BUS
I feel myself disappearing off into conspiracy land down lots of rabbit holes never to return.

As always
MingyMoo

The kate magbanua and sigfredo garcia trial comes to mind, they both had separate lawyers.

I have deleted my post due to being outside of any WS remit.

Last edited:
Just recently, when the judge put out the unusual statement about a plea, I had suspicions that CD mould flip but one thing just struck me. LV is a habitual, pathological liar and if she took the stand, any opposing lawyer(s) would tear her credibilty to shreds. I can't see her being worthwhile in that role at all. On the other hand, CD has also been shown to be a liar and would face the same thing. I suppose one could make an argement that it could work with strong, supporting evidence, but would a jury believe either one of them in cross examination?

Another part of the equation could be that if the prosecution feels they have such an air-tight case, they wouldn't need either of them to flip and allow the prosecution to go for the greatest extent of the law and punishment.

Jeeeeesh, this case is so crazy and complicated, it seems I change my mind daily with half this stuff.

So my next question would be why would CD describe LV as an empty nester? . Here is the question WHY would you need to do that,? what would you gain by doing so? So I am a thick but I always say follow the money. If she is an empty nester therefore any life insurance LV may of held if any will go to the NOK. (No Kids) hey ho he gets any life insurance of new wife
BBM. They described Lori as an empty nester to third parties. Chad knew that she had minor children at least since late 2018 when he rated them on light/darkness scale. They lied to other people because the children were never coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4