Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This behavior seems unprofessional. Shouldn't he save discrediting the witnesses for the court room? Mocking their names seems like a personal attack. Does he want thrown off the case? Or is this just a ploy to draw draw attention to himself or the case during this time of quiet? Is he creating some content for a book he might be writing? I really don't understand why a professional attorney would do that. Jmo

I vote for the "creating a book" idea. Who better to have a chance to do that, down the road!!! Probably worth enough to be working pro-bono now.

Yes. LVD is a "victim". Everyone else has done these terrible things. Poor LVD.

And for MM to be disrespectful to the Woodcocks, that won't work well for LVD if MM tries to make the Woodcocks into the "evildoers".

This type of media chit reminds me of the gal who Jodi Arias befriended in jail and attended her trial and was a t ro ll on social media attacking folks at Jodi's direction. Just this past month saw a 20/20 or ?? on her update these days and as Paul Harvey would say... the rest of the story.

I feel as if Lori directed him to do such?

SMDH

LVD reminds me of Jodi Arias.

Saw a motion today, for "Change of Venue". Good luck. We knew that was coming. Even if granted, a few counties isn't going to make much difference here. Idaho folks, culture, SES, religious beliefs, doesn't change much no matter what county. Pretty homogeneous crowd. And believe me, everyone has heard about this case.

Chad Daybell's attorney asks to move trial from Fremont County | East Idaho News

Saw a motion today, for "Change of Venue". Good luck. We knew that was coming. Even if granted, a few counties isn't going to make much difference here. Idaho folks, culture, SES, religious beliefs, doesn't change much no matter what county. Pretty homogeneous crowd. And believe me, everyone has heard about this case.

Chad Daybell's attorney asks to move trial from Fremont County | East Idaho News

I don't know where they possibly think they can "venue change" to. You would think their best decision right now would be to lay low. I guess MM has other ideas lol. Jmo

While Rexburg is reportedly 95% Mormon, the percentage for Idaho is only 26. It shouldn't be difficult to find a religiously diverse area if that's what they are looking for. How about a place with a much bigger jury pool, like Boise? People might have heard about the case, but they don't necessarily know details or actors involved.

While Rexburg is reportedly 95% Mormon, the percentage for Idaho is only 26. It shouldn't be difficult to find a religiously diverse area if that's what they are looking for. How about a place with a much bigger jury pool, like Boise? People might have heard about the case, but they don't necessarily know details or actors involved.

I don't see how they can justify picking a county, what, 300 miles away? Yes, Boise is far different from Rexburg. Culturally. That won't happen.

I noticed that too, it almost seems like he's doing it on purpose. Disgusting.
My first thought was that he was using his phone and didn't bother to double check to see if spellcheck had changed any words. A lot of people don't--or at least enough for there to be many many Youtube videos of messages gone horribly wrong.

Or he's just mean-spirited. Or both.

IMO, moving the trial away from more-religious Rexburg INCREASES the likelihood of conviction. There will be no way to avoid the religious undertones (scripture sparring between Lori and MG via phone call), which will absolutely come off as nutty to others. My worry in Rexburg was that some quiet believer of Chad'so out-there doctrines might be chosen for the jury, causing a hung jury later. Remember how Chad's brother's wife talked about how many people supported and believed Chad, even after they raised concerns? It only takes one fruitcake to screw this up. So I am totally in favor of moving the trial...anything to decrease the argument for a new trial later down the road, after they have been convicted! I have family in Rexburg. They will vouch that there are a lot of people who have some weird ideas up there! Most are lovely people, but definitely a few weirdos to be found. No wonder Chad moved there to begin with.

IMO, moving the trial away from more-religious Rexburg INCREASES the likelihood of conviction. There will be no way to avoid the religious undertones (scripture sparring between Lori and MG via phone call), which will absolutely come off as nutty to others. My worry in Rexburg was that some quiet believer of Chad'so out-there doctrines might be chosen for the jury, causing a hung jury later. Remember how Chad's brother's wife talked about how many people supported and believed Chad, even after they raised concerns? It only takes one fruitcake to screw this up. So I am totally in favor of moving the trial...anything to decrease the argument for a new trial later down the road, after they have been convicted! I have family in Rexburg. They will vouch that there are a lot of people who have some weird ideas up there! Most are lovely people, but definitely a few weirdos to be found. No wonder Chad moved there to begin with.
Thankfully their beliefs are not on trial.

why do you think that, Mickey? How far away do you think Means would be looking for anyway?

They usually just go the next county over. Means doesn't get to pick, or Pryor. It won't make much difference. That area is heavily religious, with BYU Idaho there.

Even with conservative beliefs in the area, it won't help him much. I am interested in General Conference in October, for LDS. It will be interesting, I bet that "false prophets" will be addressed.

Thank you for the correction. It looks like I was referring to marital testimonial privilege, specifically the case where a witness spouse alone can invoke it (in California for example). Both spouses can claim privilege when it comes to confidential marital communications.

Idaho rules:
I.R.E. 504. Husband-Wife Privilege. | Supreme Court

I know that the conversation has moved on to the change of venue motion, but I want to weigh in on spousal privilege.

Based on the Idaho statute linked by indicolite22, IMO, spousal privilege wouldn’t apply to any of the current or future charges we’ve been discussing. If I’m understanding it correctly, exception (1) to spousal privilege is for anything related to children. It does not matter whose children. Exception (2) is for crimes committed against the other spouse or someone living in the household of either spouse; it also applies to crimes committed against a third person, if said crimes occurred during the course of committing crimes against the other spouse or a person living in the household of either spouse.

This would mean that there’s no spousal privilege for crimes related to JJ, Tylee, TD, or CV. And IMO, if Alex was murdered, the lawyers would have to fight that one out. At the time of his death, he didn’t reside with Lori. However, I would argue that the murder of a third person (Alex) was committed during the course of attempting to cover up the murders of JJ, Tylee, TD, or CV—all of whom were household members of a spouse.

JMO and IANAL

I know that the conversation has moved on to the change of venue motion, but I want to weigh in on spousal privilege.

Based on the Idaho statute linked by indicolite22, IMO, spousal privilege wouldn’t apply to any of the current or future charges we’ve been discussing. If I’m understanding it correctly, exception (1) to spousal privilege is for anything related to children. It does not matter whose children. Exception (2) is for crimes committed against the other spouse or someone living in the household of either spouse; it also applies to crimes committed against a third person, if said crimes occurred during the course of committing crimes against the other spouse or a person living in the household of either spouse.

This would mean that there’s no spousal privilege for crimes related to JJ, Tylee, TD, or CV. And IMO, if Alex was murdered, the lawyers would have to fight that one out. At the time of his death, he didn’t reside with Lori. However, I would argue that the murder of a third person (Alex) was committed during the course of attempting to cover up the murders of JJ, Tylee, TD, or CV—all of whom were household members of a spouse.

JMO and IANAL

I think you are right.... however, the way the privilege is worded, it does not seem to depend on whether the crimes were committed during the marriage- so, hypothetically, if X and Y get married in 2020 and x says "you know I committed a murder 5 yrs go" the communication could still be privileged, even if the murder preceded the marriage. FWIW.

Last edited:
Before they moved to Rexford I wonder if Tylee knew Chad was married. And once she found out I wonder if she was OK with it. Could the motive for killing her been as simple as preventing her from disclosing the affair?

I know it would seem not since Chad and Lori apparently were comfortable walking around holding hands, but they were smug enough to believe they wouldn’t be caught. A teenager who could rat on them might be a different story.

I feel this is going to be the toughest and most difficult aspect to prove of the entire sordid tale. I have no idea whom Tylee could possibly have confided in because from what we've heard and seen, it seems as if she confided in... nobody. She had no classmates because she was homeschooled; she fought Charles; she didn't know Aunt Annie all that well; it seems she talked to Colby, but had many limitations on those discussions... it seems odd, however, that she would have not spoken to SOMEone, because nobody could have dealt with all this on their own, even while the parents of Tylee's known friends say "Lori was always an ideal mother, and my kid loved going over to their house." My hope is that the silent FBI can uncover proof that Tylee belonged to a message board a la WS, and was in fact talking to lots of people under quasi-anonymity, because otherwise I don't see how we're going to get to learn anything about Tylee's role in the, for want of a more delicate term, latter days of her own life :(

Attachment will be the comment Mark Means made.

Nate Eaton - Reporter

Mark Means, Lori Vallow Daybell’s attorney, has updated his post. Kay Woodcock tells me she and Larry were wearing microphones on their drive over to the courthouse (they are working on a documentary) and took them off when they got out of their truck. She says they never tried to wear them into the courthouse. “Means is trying to make us the bad guys. Maybe he’ll make Tylee and JJ the bad guys in the courtroom to make it appear like Lori had a reason to murder them,” Kay says.

Good on Kay!! I am filled with approval and admiration; largely because I wouldn't put it past Means to do such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay