Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know strokes take a terrible toll. Both my sisters and my brother had strokes. One sister and one brother lived for a couple years afterward but their quality of life wasn’t the same and they were, of course, afraid. My other sister didn’t make it past ten days. A severe blow to me. But I have seen first hand what it does. My nephew had a severe stroke at an early age and will never be the same physically. People do not understand how common strokes are. Your words to them are very wise. I pray you live a very long, healthy life and will be stroke free from here on. Many people do. Glad you are here!

Duplicate post.

Dr. Matthias diagnoses Lori with BPD and speculates that she was probably sexually abused earlier in life. Then he quotes C.P. Malmquist's book "Homicide: A Psychiatric Perspective" on the topic of BPD: "In the midst of poorly regulated anxiety, depressive states and rage emerge, with the possibility of acting on the murderous rage". The book continues to list characteristics of BPD, which include guilt and depression on one side and manipulation and exploitation on the other. I've yet to see any expression of guilt or depression on Lori's part.

ETA: One of his speculations is also that due to her volatile personality, Lori would turn on Chad first.

The one issue that I have with the BPD diagnosis, and others in the DSM-V, is the constant referral to "sexual abuse as a child".

I will just leave that there.

No, the question was if Tammy had kept a journal.
Oh dear, I’m sorry! Yes, I think it’s quite likely Tammy kept a journal. Would Chad have burned it? Or was it on her computer? Did LE acquire it for some reason? I believe that in spite of CD’s overreaches, and her acquiescing to them (by giving up playing FarmVille, e.g.) she seems to have been a pretty conventional Mormon wife and mother.

Sorry about your siblings and nephew having had strokes. Sometimes there is a genetic factor involved. My daughter, me, my mother, maternal aunt, 2 1st cousins, and maternal grandmother have/had a blood clotting disorder, Factor 5 Leiden. we first learned of the condition when my 21 yr. old daughter was hospitalized with 3 pulmonary embolisms. She is now 40 and did have deep vein thrombosis that were brought on with pregnancy hormones. Her 1st PE’s were brought on by carrying the Factor 5 gene and taking birth control pills.
Oh my. I had never heard of that Factor 5 gene. Your family has really suffered. Makes me wonder now if my family had something like that. I am the last one left. When I was in my 20’s I began having severe migraines and my dad had a stroke that left him blind and he also had migraines. For that reason, I was told to never take birth control pills. I’m sorry your daughter went through that.

The one issue that I have with the BPD diagnosis, and others in the DSM-V, is the constant referral to "sexual abuse as a child".

I will just leave that there.
I have to add that with every diagnosis now, comes the term “sexual abuse as a child”. I don’t buy that. Another word I’m tired of hearing is when someone refers to the murderer as “victim”.

I have to add that with every diagnosis now, comes the term “sexual abuse as a child”. I don’t buy that. Another word I’m tired of hearing is when someone refers to the murderer as “victim”.
Me too. And “poor parenting”. We all know people who had horrendous parents and some of us probably were even raised by one. It’s not an excuse for bad behavior.

I think your entire post is spot on. And while I question whether JJ was killed on Sunday when LV had houseguests, I have no doubt they murdered and buried him in the next day or two.

Painfully ironic it happened close to (or perhaps even on) Tylee’s birthday. But you’re right—JJ probably knew it was going to be Tylees birthday and expected to see her. They didn’t want anyone saying Tylees name out loud ever again.

I had a "it just came to me" moment. I wonder if Lori justified killing JJ by thinking that she was sending him to Tylee for her birthday. The "disturbed reality" that was referred to by Dr. Matthias.

Last edited:
Has this Dr Matthias met with Lori to diagnose her?
No, he hasn't. He quotes available facts/documents, including several court documents from the past involving Lori that surfaced recently and even information from Charles' ex-wife. There have been quite a few other (online) assessments of Lori's personality by various experts.

Last edited:
No, he didn't. He quotes available facts/documents, including several court documents from the past involving Lori that surfaced recently and even information from Charles' ex-wife. There have been quite a few other assessments of Lori's personality by various experts.

Oh, I know. You know me, though. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member