Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate Eaton - Reporter
54 mins ·
On Oct. 3, Chad was working outside and he came in to tell Tammy that her deceased Grandma Cooper had visited him. Grandma Cooper told Chad that Tammy needed to go see her parents in Springville, Utah.

REXBURG — A lot happened in the Daybell investigation over the course of eight weeks last fall. Crucial events occurred in eastern Idaho during September and October that are key points in the investigation against Chad and Lori Daybell. Chad was arrested June 9 on two felony counts of destruction...

A closer look at two pivotal months in the Daybell investigation | East Idaho News

OCT. 3 — Lori returns to the storage facility with a different man, likely Alex, and they remove the tire and car seat from the locker.

That same day, family members tell EastIdahoNews.com that Chad was working outside and he came in to tell Tammy that her deceased grandmother Cooper had visited him. He claims Grandma Cooper told him that Tammy needed to go see her parents in Springville, Utah. Tammy had mentioned to Chad earlier in the week that she wanted to see her family, but she was hesitant to go. Tammy always traveled with Chad or the children, but after her husband told her about his vision, she got in the car the next day and drove to Springville by herself.

OCT. 4 — Tammy arrives in Springville in the evening and has dinner with her parents. She spends the night at her sister’s house.

OCT. 5 — Tammy wakes up around 9 a.m. and drives back to Rexburg.
So on the night AxC is at Lori's apartment in the middle of the night. Does the neighbor's ring doorbell camera catch any activity?

I actually think they won’t bring murder charges before the hearing. I think they’re taking their time because they can flush out Means potential murder defense by observing what he brings on the desertion charges. They also might be waiting to see if one of them cracks or another in their circle cracks and flips. The prosecution doesn’t need to be in a hurry. She’s already in jail and they can learn a lot from the prelim. We’ll see but I think it would be sound strategy to continue with desertion case.

I am wondering if either of their lawyers are qualified for death penalty cases... I can say without a doubt that I would NOT want MM as my lawyer in any type of case, but 10000% not if my life was on the line.... however, these are exactly the lawyers these 2 deserve.

Another thing in the article, which had some interesting info I didn't know, was that in the gun incident, which by the way I think was a real gun and not paintball gun, the shooter actually shot at her. Did the gun just jam? Why no bullet casings?
I totally agree. Something went wrong there, but there’s no way it was a paintball gun. I think it’s possible the would be shooter had built some sort of homemade suppressor (silencer), and it caused the gun to jam or something.

I’ll try to find that one so I can differentiate between the two. Thank you :)
Documents: Tammy Daybell was still alive when children's remains buried on Idaho property
From this article dated Monday June 22nd:
Tammy and Chad Daybell sent messages to each other on Sept. 9 – on the day before the last sighting of Tylee Ryan. They read as followed:

• Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m. – “Well, I've had an interesting morning! felt should bum all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While did so, spotted big raccoon along the fence. hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!”
  • Chad to Tammy at 11:56 a.m. – “Gonna shower now and then go write for while at BYU. Love you!”
  • Tammy to Chad at 2:47 p.m. – “Good for you!”

Is this the story about the raccoon? Jmo

Edit: Here’s another article from east Idaho news. Documents detail horrific manner JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan were found in Chad Daybell's yard | East Idaho News

This is from that article:
Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m.: Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!

Chad to Tammy at 11:56 a.m.: Gonna shower now and then go write for a while at BYU. Love you!

Tammy to Chad at 2:47 p.m.: Good for you!

Chad to Tammy at 2:48 pm: I’m back home now

Ball wrote the following about the exchange:

“I found the text suspicious because raccoons are normally nocturnal animals and are not regularly out during the day. It should be noted that from interviewing neighbors of Chad Daybell, we are aware that in mid-July of 2019, Garth Daybell, Chad’s son, told their neighbors that Chad had shot a raccoon out of a tree on their property during the day. Garth told (a neighbor) about the raccoon in response to a question from (a neighbor) about hearing a gunshot. (Neighbors) informed me that the fire pit in the back of the Daybell property was hardly ever used until the last few months.”

Edit again: deleted my questions

Last edited:
Documents: Tammy Daybell was still alive when children's remains buried on Idaho property
Tammy and Chad Daybell sent messages to each other on Sept. 9 – on the day before the last sighting of Tylee Ryan. They read as followed:

• Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m. – “Well, I've had an interesting morning! felt should bum all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While did so, spotted big raccoon along the fence. hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!”
  • Chad to Tammy at 11:56 a.m. – “Gonna shower now and then go write for while at BYU. Love you!”

Those text messages were the same day Tylee was buried on the property. The sighting of the raccoon that Chad's son is talking about was June/Julyish of last summer. I wish I could link it, but I cannot remember at all what the source was for that. Sorry! MOO Garth was at work on the September day.

Those text messages were the same day Tylee was buried on the property. The sighting of the raccoon that Chad's son is talking about was June/Julyish of last summer. I wish I could link it, but I cannot remember at all what the source was for that. Sorry! MOO Garth was at work on the September day.
I think I found it from east Idaho news. Thank you :)

Respectfully snipped by me...

Does anyone have thoughts about TD's text to Chad? If I said "good for you" in a text reply to the text Chad sent, it would be a sarcastic tone because I'm mad about something. She also didn't reply "love you too". I wonder if she suspected anything at that point?

Edit: Here’s another article from east Idaho news. Documents detail horrific manner JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan were found in Chad Daybell's yard | East Idaho News

This is from that article:
Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m.: Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!

Chad to Tammy at 11:56 a.m.: Gonna shower now and then go write for a while at BYU. Love you!

Tammy to Chad at 2:47 p.m.: Good for you!

Chad to Tammy at 2:48 pm: I’m back home now

Ball wrote the following about the exchange:

“I found the text suspicious because raccoons are normally nocturnal animals and are not regularly out during the day. It should be noted that from interviewing neighbors of Chad Daybell, we are aware that in mid-July of 2019, Garth Daybell, Chad’s son, told their neighbors that Chad had shot a raccoon out of a tree on their property during the day. Garth told (a neighbor) about the raccoon in response to a question from (a neighbor) about hearing a gunshot. (Neighbors) informed me that the fire pit in the back of the Daybell property was hardly ever used until the last few months.”

Edit again: deleted my questions
Was the raccoon story from July ever actually backed up? If they dug up the pet cemetery did they find the raccoon too? Would there have then been two raccoons? The one from July and then again the one from September? Probably nothing there but feels like an odd story especially to brag about. All jmo

Does anyone have thoughts about TD's text to Chad? If I said "good for you" in a text reply to the text Chad sent, it would be a sarcastic tone because I'm mad about something. She also didn't reply "love you too". I wonder if she suspected anything at that point?
Had she not put the exclamation point, I’d be open to it being sarcastic. I think she was being encouraging though.

It was in the probable cause affidavit and it was mid-July.

clause 21
06/10/2020 Probable Cause Affidavit of Detective Ron Ball

ADMIN NOTE:

We have received some concerns from members regarding information from Annie's social media as it pertains to the possible sexual assault of Colby.

Normally WS would not allow such sensitive information as it relates to a victim of SA. In this case it is being allowed due to the therapist's suggestion / impression that Colby was possibly coached by Lori.

I definitely would say something like that if I was irked. Idk about not saying I love you too. Sometimes I don’t respond back to that but it doesn’t mean I’m irritated or frustrated with anyone or anything.

Definitely possible Tammy suspected something was going on with him because with how long she knew Chad and looking at how fast things followed suit after she passed it only makes sense something was amiss prior.

All jmo

SALEM — Rexburg Police executed a search warrant at Chad Daybell’s home Monday afternoon.

Officers in marked and unmarked vehicles arrived around 1:15 p.m. and showed some paperwork to Daybell’s son-in-law, who has been living at the home with his family, witnesses say. Police went into the house and were seen in the backyard with cameras. It’s unknown what officers are looking for, and Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood declined to comment on the warrant.

The scene Monday is dramatically different than when a search warrant was served June 9 at the same house. Dozens of officers were on the scene and roads were closed for two days as Daybell’s property was excavated. Police discovered the remains of Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan during their search.

Police executing search warrant at Chad Daybell's home | East Idaho News

I think it's the arrest affadavit. Let me look.

Oh, it's found. I'm sorry I should have linked it long ago. I'm half asleep here.

SALEM — Rexburg Police executed a search warrant at Chad Daybell’s home Monday afternoon.

Officers in marked and unmarked vehicles arrived around 1:15 p.m. and showed some paperwork to Daybell’s son-in-law, who has been living at the home with his family, witnesses say. Police went into the house and were seen in the backyard with cameras. It’s unknown what officers are looking for, and Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood declined to comment on the warrant.

The scene Monday is dramatically different than when a search warrant was served June 9 at the same house. Dozens of officers were on the scene and roads were closed for two days as Daybell’s property was excavated. Police discovered the remains of Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan during their search.

I just saw this and posted about it. What are they looking for?

I just saw this and posted about it. What are they looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah