Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been continued Niner, no date set, JA said he would talk to the lawyers representing the parties (the church and the DHW) to see whether agreement could be reached and if another hearing might not even be needed.

Thank you! Guess I'll wait for @montegrl - to let us know when the next hearings for the both of them are. No hurry - by the way montegrl! Since you already looked it up yesterday... Maybe I'll be back in a week or so - to bug you about them! :D

The issue of competency and disqualification of MM is interesting. What if LVD still wants MM? Is she competent to make that decision regarding her attorney? If not, then it sets up an appeal issue, that the defendant is represented by an attorney of his/her choice. Even indigent, the defendant has the right to choose his attorney.

This game has been played for over a decade now in Miami, for the Nubia Barahona murder. The defendant has been incarcerated in the jail for over a decade, stalling the trial.

Do you mean this snowflake?
flocon-10.gif

link: Smiley Winter, Snow (2) ¯\(°:°)-^ SmilChat : Animated Smiley 3D, smilie, happy face, small, big, large

Any news on "what" happened with the motions hearing yesterday? Maybe a next court date? TIA! :)
Thank you!!!

We go live tonight at an earlier time of 9:00 PM.EASTERN with our guest Kirk Nurmi. Mr. Nurmi will discuss the latest in the Vallow case. He also will tell us about his amazing journey to lose weight and get healthy.
PS. Wrong date on thumbnail. In process of fixing to today's date of 12/30

Plenty to unpack here. My favorites are:
1) "February 20, 2020 Vallow was arrested... Vallow was represented by Sean Bartholik; however Bartholik notified the state that in the event Vallow was charged with a crime he would not represent her."

A criminal defense lawyer who stands by his client unless they need criminal defense is as useful as....

2) On or about May 1, 2021 Chad said on a recorded call he was going to "eventually" go with "the other guy", meaning Prior. Imagine being "the other guy" in a death penalty case when the A-team is a divorce mediator who has not once been in criminal court.

When the books and documentaries come out I am going to be interested in how Lori, Chad, Melani, the Cox family, etc came up with the clown show of defense attorneys involved here. No disrespect to attorneys, I just want to know how they picked the ones they did (thinking specifically of Means, Garrett Smith, Robert Jarvis) so I can avoid that kind of decision making if I ever need an attorney.

Last edited:
The issue of competency and disqualification of MM is interesting. What if LVD still wants MM? Is she competent to make that decision regarding her attorney? If not, then it sets up an appeal issue, that the defendant is represented by an attorney of his/her choice. Even indigent, the defendant has the right to choose his attorney.

This game has been played for over a decade now in Miami, for the Nubia Barahona murder. The defendant has been incarcerated in the jail for over a decade, stalling the trial.
I had a different take on the order. I think that regardless what the defendant wants, the court has an overiding obligation to ensure that the D receives effective counsel. The court has made clear in this instance that MM is not effective counsel for more than one reason. I quite liked the way the order was set out, it will be hard for MM to appeal against this decision (if he can).

I hope MM will stay away from this case, file no disgruntled complaints or motions related to his former client, and stop visiting LVD until after the trial. This shouldn't be too much to ask of him, is it?! I hope the future brings fair trials (or trial) serving justice for Tylee and JJ.

I hope MM will stay away from this case, file no disgruntled complaints or motions related to his former client, and stop visiting LVD until after the trial. This shouldn't be too much to ask of him, is it?! I hope the future brings fair trials (or trial) serving justice for Tylee and JJ.

In this instance, with LVD being in "treatment", her clinical team can make decisions regarding her approved visitors and phone calls. I am going to guess that MM will not be "approved". And since he is no longer her "attorney of record", zero access or contact.

Both Lori Hellis and Scott Riesch mentioned that MM may be under investigation by the Idaho Bar Assn due to his incompetence, unethical behavior, and shenanigans with the possibility of losing his license. Granted, MM's been real quiet lately but he's a loose cannon so nothing would surprise me, license or no license.

I’m pretty sure he’s been sitting on a book. I pity the poor editor thereof.

I'd take a first editing pass! Any word processor I use has Spell Check and Grammar Check turned on...good advice for anyone, anywhere, writing in English IMHO.

I've edited submissions for community-based family history books. Yup. Spell Check and Grammar Check are your friends. I've been responsible for producing all sorts of material at a 3rd grade reading level.

Yeah, that should be adequate prep for this eventual MM book....

jmho ymmv lrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member