Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know this, too. It seems his bear-constant presence at the facility holding LV could be for more than carrying out lawyerly duties.

NEAR-constant. Sorry I didn’t catch that in time to edit properly.

Nate Eaton - Reporter
star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favorites · 57 mins ·
I just received word from my attorney that John Prior has withdrawn my subpoena in the Daybell case.

Good news.

Interesting and thoughtful comments about ‘softening’ Lori. Masks have made it very difficult for me to read people, so this is JMO: to me it looks like Lori is still laughing at the proceedings and holding her head too high for someone who has murdered her children and husband(s). And Chad, looking like some evil Jolly Giant at day camp? Somebody really needs to set these 2 right.

Interesting and thoughtful comments about ‘softening’ Lori. Masks have made it very difficult for me to read people, so this is JMO: to me it looks like Lori is still laughing at the proceedings and holding her head too high for someone who has murdered her children and husband(s). And Chad, looking like some evil Jolly Giant at day camp? Somebody really needs to set these 2 right.
Also good insights!

I'm appreciating everyone's reactions and ideas.

jmo

Just thinking about how busy LV was for the past years that we are aware of- moving from one state to another, multiple marriages and divorces, Chad, murders, financial schemes, organizing a cult, vacations, etc. almost like a manic frenzy of energy required to live her lifestyle. Now imagine her just sitting in jail, cut off from all her weird scheming, networking activities. Her world has become tiny. She’s not really in control of her life anymore. Her personality thrived on that weird lifestyle, and now it’s gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if she has had a genuine breakdown after being locked up for a year. Maybe not because she’s realized what she’s done, but because her high-energy behavior has been cut off.

Interesting insights, especially about the efforts to soften Lori in the eyes of others.

jmo

I remember all the little things Casey Anthony’s team did to make her look smaller, slight, not strong. Jodi Arias…she was all over….first wanted make up for an interview behind bars then looks old and dowdy, tries to look like. Lawyer….all the tricks in the book.

It appears that LVD is no stranger to being evaluated by a Psychologist. o_O

According to court paperwork, the psychologist, David R. Poole, said, "Mrs. Vallow is a devout Mormon who has mentioned to me that death would be an option before giving Tylee to her father, Joseph Ryan, even for a visit. These are real and serious concerns."

Phoenix PD releases details on how third ex-husband of Lori Vallow was found dead

I remember Casey Anthony's team lowering her chair so she'd look frail and small. And that I barely recognized Jodi Arias after her schoolmarm make over. And who could forget how OJ's defense team redid OJ's entire house before the jury visited it? They lit the fireplaces so the home would be warm and inviting. They also replaced the pictures he had on the walls with pictures of his mother, grandmother and his daughter, Arnelle. They put a huge reproduction of a Norman Rockwell painting in a prominent place. It was the famous painting, Rockwell did, of a little girl starting her first day at an integrated school. They hung other civil rights art up, too. But, the Norman Rockwell painting is the one I remember.

It seems a lot of staging needs to go into putting together a narrative to soften the image of a defendant charged with doing the worst of the worst.

According to court paperwork, the psychologist, David R. Poole, said, "Mrs. Vallow is a devout Mormon who has mentioned to me that death would be an option before giving Tylee to her father, Joseph Ryan, even for a visit. These are real and serious concerns."

Phoenix PD releases details on how third ex-husband of Lori Vallow was found dead

Plus the friend (I think April?) who said Lori started talking out loud about it "maybe" being better to drive the kids off a cliff so they could avoid the end of the world.

These are pretty clear statements, and even show a pattern.

Just thinking about how busy LV was for the past years that we are aware of- moving from one state to another, multiple marriages and divorces, Chad, murders, financial schemes, organizing a cult, vacations, etc. almost like a manic frenzy of energy required to live her lifestyle. Now imagine her just sitting in jail, cut off from all her weird scheming, networking activities. Her world has become tiny. She’s not really in control of her life anymore. Her personality thrived on that weird lifestyle, and now it’s gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if she has had a genuine breakdown after being locked up for a year. Maybe not because she’s realized what she’s done, but because her high-energy behavior has been cut off.
I totally agree. At the very least, I think that LVD has had at a serious personality disorder for all of her adult life. Her oldest child, Colby, recounted in a interview with Keith Morrison, how when he was young and it was just the two of them, life was constant chaos. The thing he loved most about CV was the stability and calm he brought to family life. On her own she lurches from crisis to crisis. Reports on her jail activities include reading and rereading CDs books and the Book of Mormon, singing, dancing (this reminds me that she had Chad create a room for her to dance alone in. Also isn't it hard to dance in a jail cell?),writing to Chad, (Can they write to each other? I know once they are convicted authorities can cut off contact, but I don't about pre trial). I am guessing she has just gone into her head. Who knows what all that crazy disordered thinking can do to a brain when it has no outlet? It was devastating enough when she was out in the world creating chaos.

Last edited:

I found that report chilling. Poole picked up on a lot of the same behavior she was doing up until she got arrested.

Thank you! That is very interesting to know. Also I thought if medication has been stated, then interview or retesting would change that outcome.
I remember about ordering so many tests by professionals that was brought up in another murder trial some time ago. I did forget that.

Will MM sit on on all the re-interviews in the same room, same table, and beable to object to any questions? Can LV look at MM for direction if she can answer the question?

OR Can MM sit and observe through a two mirror window and ask questions that may have to be preapproved by MM?

edited to fix a typing goof up…sorry.
This level of testing is usually the wheelhouse of psychologists, and I am not a psychologist, but my best guess is that it’s not standardized to have someone else in the room. There are specific rules about how to state a question and how many time you can repeat it (much less, non verbal cues from someone else in the room). It’s possible though he could observe through a one way mirror?? Basically, it is important to keep in mind the courts goal of having her “competent to stand trial” including “participate in her own defense”. The goal is not making her free from psychiatric symptoms or resolving a delusional disorder. The bar to competency is pretty low. Basically, you have to understand the charges against you and the consequences of the choices available. You can believe you were abducted by aliens; but if you understand that you are accused of shoplifting and you understand what shoplifting is, the possible sentencing, plea deals, defense strategies (I paid…I was at home) you are competent to stand trial. No need to re-do any standardized test.

anyone looking into Tylee's dad's death?

Joe's sister started a petition to try to get the case reopened. Recently it was re-closed. When they found him, he was so badly decomposed, there was not much to evaluate and then he was cremated.

I haven’t watched it yet but I’m glad at least some members of the Cox family have common sense and recognize evil when they see it. I feel so sorry for them getting dragged into this mess. Wasn’t that nice of Janis?? I guess she knew exactly what Lori and Alex were capable of. I hope those family members who “nurtured” and supported Lori realize how many lives they’ve help to destroy. IMO they’re no better than Lori.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic about Janis being nice or not. in the interview, Zac says the grandparents took Lori's side and he and his father fell out with them after Charles' death.

I just don't get this "she changed" thing.

Oh if only we could talk to Joe Ryan............ or husband's number one and two. I am sure they are trying hard to stay under rocks, but oh how I wish....

ITA. She has always strong religious beliefs. It was noted in the custody court papers when Tylee was a little girl. it was evident she was abusive to Tylee and Colby from those papers. I know the Cox family would like to blame Chad, but they are clearly in denial.

Was there a life insurance policy on Alex?

I do remember reading somewhere something about Zeluma and going thru probate for Alex’s things. But I’m not sure if it was life insurance or belongings or what it was. And I don’t remember where I read it. Maybe someone on WS can help us out with this one. MOO
There was enough of something that Zulema filed probate using her maiden name for his "estate". She couldn't file for something as small as clothing or his car, right ?

But was not stopped. She just kept right on doing her thing. So many agencies dropped the ball. Any one of them might have prevented this tragedy. Ugh. :(

Yes, and that's the tragedy. There were many agencies that could have stepped in and lives would have been changed and or saved. Just imagine if Joe had gotten full custody of Tylee. Maybe they would both be alive today.

"Yes, and that's the tragedy. There were many agencies that could have stepped in and lives would have been changed and or saved. Just imagine if Joe had gotten full custody of Tylee. Maybe they would both be alive today." (QUOTE)

They probably would be, almost certainly. Tylee would be enjoying her break now, after her first year in college. Driving around in her jeep, meeting friends, etc. It breaks my heart.

Woodcocks in Idaho when Lori Vallow Daybell found unfit for trial

They
(the Woodcocks) are disappointed the case against Lori is stayed until the issue of her fitness to stand trial is resolved.

“It’s dragging it out. Her incompetency filing today all that’s stalling us getting his body back and it’s just torturous. It really is,” said Kay. They hope to have a local service for J.J. when possible.

The Woodcocks say they will return to Idaho for Chad Daybell’s arraignment on June 9.

Plus the friend (I think April?) who said Lori started talking out loud about it "maybe" being better to drive the kids off a cliff so they could avoid the end of the world.

These are pretty clear statements, and even show a pattern.
The thing I find frustrating about these comments "death would be an option before giving Tylee to her father" and "better to drive the kids off a cliff" is that they aren't clear, to me. She doesn't say whose death, do we presume it to be Joe's? Or Tylee's? I don't think, if someone proposed that Tylee be given to her dad she said "death would be an option before that happens" , especially without the interviewer asking whose death she means, so it needs more clarity. She mentions the kids going off a cliff in a car, but doesn't say drive 'us all' off a cliff. She might have had in mind drugging the kids and releasing the handbrake. Afterall, we know she revelled in the thought of the 'end times' and gathering mates to survive it with, and I've seen no evidence that she had the mindset of such devotion to her kids that she wanted to die with them. I would want to know if I was evaluating her, if either of these original statements in their absolutely accurate forms, showed a propensity for murder. That's what she was hinting at when she talked about Nephi and the scriptures in relation to Joe, around the time she met MG.

MOO

Last edited:
I totally agree. At the very least, I think that LVD has had at a serious personality disorder for all of her adult life. Her oldest child, Colby, recounted in a interview with Keith Morrison, how when he was young and it was just the two of them, life was constant chaos. The thing he loved most about CV was the stability and calm he brought to family life. On her own she lurches from crisis to crisis. Reports on her jail activities include reading and rereading CDs books and the Book of Mormon, singing, dancing (this reminds me that she had Chad create a room for her to dance alone in. Also isn't it hard to dance in a jail cell?),writing to Chad, (Can they write to each other? I know once they are convicted authorities can cut off contact, but I don't about pre trial). I am guessing she has just gone into her head. Who knows what all that crazy disordered thinking can do to a brain when it has no outlet? It was devastating enough when she was out in the world creating chaos.
Sociopaths are chaotic. Thrive on high risk. Can not tolerate boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876