Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I personally was in contact with Chad was probably Tammy's funeral, and for some family members about a week after remarrying (I heard about him marrying Lori exactly 2 weeks after Tammy's funeral). He included nothing about kids and said he would never visit the family in Utah or something like that. We were all pretty upset by that, because it felt disrespectful to Tammy's memory to instantly detach from the family. At the time he was in Hawaii and apparently told his parents they were free to visit, though I don't know if they did. No one knew he planned to remarry, and we were all in disbelief at the fact that he would remarry 2 weeks after Tammy's death. (I wanted to add: this marriage, if actually officiated, must have been a civil marriage. Getting a temple marriage for your first marriage is enough of a process as it is, let alone this being a 2nd or 5th/6th marriage.)

The kids seem to in large part be defending their father, not his actions. They've been hooked up with a lawyer by Chad (I assume the same one as him, I don't know though) and have gone deleting social media posts and blocking family members on social media. I personally evaded the ban hammer from all but 1 of them, so I've seen most of their Facebook feeds and what relates (and more importantly what doesn't) to recent discoveries. It at first sounded like they were upset that people would suggest their dad could have anything to do with the missing kids, and one cousin-in-law of mine is recounted as saying "Blocking all the two-faced people right now" just before blocking the entire Douglas side of the family. But now they're mostly silent, sending maybe an image with text indirectly suggesting that the truth isn't always out there to see.

Do you know if Chad had spent much time in Hawaii prior to this trip?

Hm. I have nothing to go on, so sheer speculation and questions.

Can anyone speculate where Lori was from 9/23 until her and Chad were married? LE finding plane tickets would be lovely. I'm wondering if she left for Hawaii ahead of Chad. Lots of cliffs there. JMO

Any thoughts on who would want Alex dead? I mean, why would LV and CD not use him as the fall guy for all these deaths? Or, was he going to turn on one of them about Tammy's death?
Also, re: Stacy, I wonder if there would be purpose in exhuming her body (if she was not cremated)? If Alex killed her and he is now dead perhaps there would be no point in revisiting her death.

Thank you. So was that Stacy, right? The one that Alex 'found' dead while he was using her credit cards?
You are welcome
Yes, Stacey Cope. I am not sure if Alex “ found” her dead. But, that would not surprise me. It seems like poor Alex potentially did a lot of Lori’s bad deeds. I have to wonder why Alex felt he needed to do these things for LV. Or maybe it was just for money.

Just rambling

IMO

Hm. I have nothing to go on, so sheer speculation and questions.

Can anyone speculate where Lori was from 9/23 until her and Chad were married? LE finding plane tickets would be lovely. I'm wondering if she left for Hawaii ahead of Chad. Lots of cliffs there. JMO

They wouldn't need plane tickets, since 9/11, flight manifests have to be reported. Anyone can be looked up now. And since you can only fly to Hawaii with government ID, unless Chad and Lori have found some very sophisticated and expensive forgeries, I would think that they are still here.

Another point from the youtube show, per Charles' sister, Charles was paying a lot of bills for Lori's extended family members when he was still alive. Charles' sister originally liked Lori when they first met, believed Lori was a devoted mother. Toward the end of the marriage, sister was trying to convince Charles to leave Lori for good. Lori, according to sister, left Charles and JJ for two months and went off somewhere (not sure where Taylee was at that time). Sister was convinced Lori was "messing around." But Charles was totally enamored with Lori. Even though he was kind of scared (or cautious) of Alex.

They wouldn't need plane tickets, since 9/11, flight manifests have to be reported. Anyone can be looked up now. And since you can only fly to Hawaii with government ID, unless Chad and Lori have found some very sophisticated and expensive forgeries, I would think that they are still here.

I'm not talking about now, though. I'm wondering when Lori went to Hawaii. The trip where her and Chad got married. JMO.

I wonder how long it took to get a death certificate for Tammy? Looks like it was a requirement to get married in Hawaii if getting married in Hawaii is true.
BBM

Kauai Marriage License | Kauai.com
  • There are no state residence or U.S. citizenship requirements.
  • Blood tests are not required.
  • The legal age to marry is 18 years for both males and females.
  • Males or females of 16 or 17 years of age who wish to marry require the written consent of both parents, legal guardian, or the family court. The parents or legal guardian do not have to be residents of the state. Consent forms may be obtained from a marriage license agent. Males or females of 15 years of age who wish to marry require the written consent of both parents or legal guardian, and the written approval of a judge of the family court. The parents or legal guardian do not have to be residents of the state. Consent forms may be obtained from a marriage license agent.
  • Proof of age is required. A certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented for anyone 18 years of age or under. A valid I.D. or driver’s license may be presented for anyone 19 years of age or over.
  • If previously married, proof of original divorce decree or death certificate needs to be presented to the marriage agent by the applicant if the divorce or death was final within 30 days of applying for a marriage license. NO FAXES ARE ACCEPTED.
I'm guessing they ignored that. The state isn't going to do a record search on every couple. They could have easily said neither had been married before, or lied about his wife's date of death.

Here is the Statement from the "Preparing A People" website about the situation with Chad and Lori:

https://www.preparingapeople.com

Statement:

Statement on Recent News Events

December, 26, 2019

We are a small multi-media company (Color My Media) that has provided services to a variety of clients for about 7 years. "Preparing A People" was a series of lecture events focusing on self-reliance and personal preparation, that provided several LDS speakers and authors an educational forum. Associated with these events were podcasts, videos and websites used to advertise and distribute some of their content.

Chad Daybell was an author and began publishing books under the name of "Spring Creek Book Company." He spoke at some of the "Preparing A People" events, but had no ownership in it, nor was he a founder. Mr. Daybell was simply one of many speakers at the events. His last speaking engagement was back in February of 2019, in Boise, Idaho. Like all of our speakers, we helped promote the events by interviewing and podcasting interviews with our speakers, including, but in no way exclusively so, Mr. Daybell.

The majority of our work in 2019 has been contract video editing work for other companies, and had nothing to do with Mr. Daybell.

We decided in early Spring of 2019 to close out our Preparing A People commitments and moved back to Utah from Rexburg, Idaho to work with clients based in the Utah area. None of this had anything to do with Mr.Daybell.

While out of the country on a family trip, we were deeply saddened to learn of the sudden death of Tammy Daybell, the wife of Mr. Daybell.

We, Michael and Nancy James, own Color My Media, and the Preparing A People website and again, for clarity, Mr. Daybell had no ownership or founding interest in any of our business's.

We were shocked by the reports about Mr. Daybell and the missing children. Like everyone, we are deeply disturbed over media reports involving Mr. Daybell and his new wife Lori Vallow and her 2 missing children. Lori Vallow appeared on some podcasts submitted by our podcast network partners. We learned of the missing children Fri. Dec. 20, 2019. along with everyone else.

In light of concerning media reports and ongoing criminal investigations regarding the recent death of Lori Vallow's previous husband in Arizona, and the sudden death of Mr. Daybell's previous wife in Idaho, along with the unknown whereabouts of Chad and Lori, we feel it inappropriate to promote any media content that featured or contained references to either Chad Daybell or Lori Vallow.

We are cooperating with law enforcement, and ask anybody who has information that could assist investigators in Arizona or Idaho to please contact them. We ask for prayers on behalf of the missing kids and ask that the truth of whatever happened will be brought to light soon.

We are also amazed at the lack of journalistic standards by several news sources. "Preparing A People" is part of a media company that films speakers on a variety of topics not affiliated with any specific religion. It is not a "group" and is not a "Cult" or something you join, but has educational lecture events that can be attended or watched on video. We have provided multi-media services for a wide variety of other events and clients. Mr. Daybell did not start, own or control any part of our media company. He was also not paid to speak at our events. We also do not share any of Chad Daybell's or Lori Vallow's beliefs if they are contrary to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Michael & Nancy James

Color My Media & Preparing A People
I love how they make a point of saying they were out of the country when Tammy died.

Maybe this went over my head in the thread but I'm looking at Rexburg out of curiosity. It's like 98% Mormon. Rexburg's temple is impressive. IF Chad was excommunicated, it must have been rough (or not) to be in a community that no matter where you look, you get a reminder. JMO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191227-094123_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191227-094123_Samsung Internet.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 47
Maybe this went over my head in the thread but I'm looking at Rexburg out of curiosity. It's like 98% Mormon. Rexburg's temple is impressive. IF Chad was excommunicated, it must have been rough (or not) to be in a community that no matter where you look, you get a reminder. JMO.

Extremely Mormon and although a college town, that college is BYU-Idaho, so (in theory) not a whole lot of partying and some of the other things going on that you'd expect in a college town.

As others have said, if he was excommunicated, the church doesn't announce it in any way, so it may not be that widely known. But I think there is some question as to whether or not he was. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member