Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s exhausting just reading about their family life, to be honest. I would have having so much chaos and constant change in my life. It seems like they have no real attachments to items given the speed in which they up and move states so quickly. They must have to leave almost everything behind.

Hopefully someone can answer this. What was Charles’ job? I assume he was decently comfortable financially, but how did he make his money?
Not sure exactly what Charles' job was, but it required him to travel 3 days a week. And per his sister, he was well off. Per his sister, he was financially supporting a lot of Lori's extended family members. Sister said he was a "golden goose" for Lori's family.

Anybody who knew user name/password, or had a device that was logged into venmo, could have send that payment. In fact I am not sure how/why 17 year old supposedly unemployed girl would be sending a payment to her older, adult brother to begin with.
For medicine IIRC. Seems odd for a kid to send to her adult sibling. Makes me think it was Lori. Doesn’t Tylee need to have credit or debit cards to pay people on Venmo?

I am not sure if anyone has ever shared the archived version of chads website. I will and also copy the "about me" section.
This grab is from April 5, 2001. Wayback Machine

Hello there!
Thanks for visiting my website. I must first give proper credit to my wife, Tammy, the “Webmaster” who designed these pages. Without her, I’d still be trying to get the computer working, much less write a novel on it. We hope to make this a fun journey for you to discover behind-the-scenes information about The Emma Trilogy. We are eager to hear from you, and we’ll post your reviews and questions on the site.

I thought I’d let you know a bit about me. I was born in 1968, in Provo, Utah to Jack and Sheila Chesnut Daybell. My father was serving in the Navy during the Vietnam War, and we lived in San Diego for nearly two years. Since then I’ve always felt a bond to San Diego, including cheering for the San Diego Padres, despite their mediocrity.

I am the oldest of five children, and Paul, Matt, Brad and Becky have been wonderful siblings. Our neighborhood had many vacant fields, and we had a great time exploring them as we grew up. We also had plenty of friends around if we wanted to play baseball, basketball or football.

I had aspirations to be a professional athlete, but my youthful growth spurts seemed humorously timed. I’m now 6’3”, but I didn’t really grow at all during seventh or eighth grades and soon found myself as one of the shortest kids in school. Then the following summer I sprouted six inches, which left me rather uncoordinated. l played on Springville High's junior varsity baseball team, but I certainly didn't dazzle anyone.When it comes to my books, I guess I identify more with the clumsy teenage Emma, rather than with the athletic Doug. My younger brothers all excelled in sports, so there is some real-life basis for "An Errand for Emma."

However, my mission to New Jersey is the foundation for Doug’s experiences in "Doug's Dilemma." Every missionary event in that novel is based on an actual occurrence. It was a crazy two years, but extremely fulfilling. The Spanish-speaking people are fun-loving and upbeat, no matter what obstacles they face. I made many dear friends there that I’m still close to and admire. I came home a more compassionate person after my experiences there.

My post-mission plans included staying single for a long time so I could get through school. So naturally, within 15 days of arriving home I attended a singles ward volleyball game and met my future wife, Tammy Douglas, who is the daughter of Ron and Phyllis Douglas.

Tammy was working as the Springville Parks Department secretary at the time of our first date. I would be starting school at BYU in less than a month and needed a job. Tammy knew of an opening for a part-time cemetery worker, and while it wasn’t a job I’d ever considered, it offered a flexible schedule and a chance to see Tammy several times a day. Little did we know the role that job would eventually play in our lives. Tammy and I were married seven months later.

I worked at the cemetery for two years, then accepted the position of Assistant City Editor for BYU’s newspaper, The Daily Universe. The following semester I served as City Editor, and then graduated in April 1992.

Following graduation I took a job as a copy editor and headline writer with the Standard-Examiner in Ogden, Utah, and it was a good experience. We lived in the suburb of Washington Terrace and made some good friends, and I grew close to some of the best and brightest co-workers I'd ever had. But Tammy and I both felt a yearning to have our children grow up near their grandparents.

One night my brothers told me that Springville’s cemetery sexton was going to retire. It felt like the timing was right to make a move, so I applied for the position and was hired. So I went from writing headlines to digging graves. It paid better, and allowed us to move back to Springville.

In late 1997, two years after I became the sexton, I was shoveling snow at the cemetery when I felt the prompting, “It’s time to write your books.” This came as a complete surprise to me. I’d written some family histories, but I’d never been able to come up with a plot for a book. But almost immediately after receiving the prompting, the entire plot of “An Errand for Emma” poured into my head. I wrote it within a few months, and it was published about a year after that initial prompting.

When it came time to write another book, I was undecided about the topic, but my prayers were answered one day as the plot to “Doug’s Dilemma” filled my head, as well as the plot for “Escape to Zion.” I’m very grateful for the hand of the Lord in this project, and I hope I’ve done an adequate job with the material I’ve been given.

I recently took the opportunity to become the manager of Access Computer Products’ Provo office. I was reluctant to leave the cemetery, but the change allows me to spend more time with my family. So that is my current occupation, along with my continued writing efforts.

Tammy and I now have five children -- Garth, Emma, Seth, Leah and Mark. We still live in Springville, and it will be interesting to see if our daughter Emma turns out anything like the character she inspired. Thanks for visiting, and I hope you enjoy your journey here!

Not sure exactly what Charles' job was, but it required him to travel 3 days a week. And per his sister, he was well off. Per his sister, he was financially supporting a lot of Lori's extended family members. Sister said he was a "golden goose" for Lori's family.
I bet some of them were angry at Alex for shutting down the gravy train.

Don't know about Chad, but Julie claims to have had a bunch of visions. Claims she saw Tammy's spirit and Tammy is happy, claims that children (Joshua and Tylee) are alive, and Tylee is taking care of Joshua.
Right. A 17 year old teen is taking care of her brother while both are hidden where, Julie?!

Tammy's spirit is happy? Oh really now.....

A little behind the scenes of who is who on one of his novels. apologies if it has been shared. I skimmed some of the book shares early on. An Errand for Emma - Behind the Scenes
http://www.cdaybell.com/emmafacts.html
Listing just a couple here:
Emma --
The title character is based on my oldest daughter, who is still more than a decade away from being the age of her fictional alter-ego. My daughter has been known to take a few spills, but the most memorable one occurred when she was only 18 months old. We still lived in Ogden, and we’d been playing in the backyard. Emma had fallen several times, so I told her to go in the house before she hurt herself. As she approached the back steps she tripped and hit her forehead squarely on the bottom concrete
The Daltons --
This fictional family is actually just a mirror image of my Daybell family line. If you begin with my daughter Emma at the head of the pedigree chart, the genealogy matches, except that I named myself Mark (after a close friend) and my wife Tammy goes by her middle name Michelle. Everyone else is referred to by his or her actual first name, including my parents, Jack and Sheila. I wrote it this way so if the book didn’t ever sell, at least my children and other family members would have a vivid -- although slightly fictionalized -- family history to read.
step, opening a huge, bloody gash that took several stitches to close. She still has that scar, and that’s how Emma’s method of time travel was hatched.

Not sure that Charles was the only source of gravy. Unless I have the wrong people as parents, Alex, along with the parents are trustees of a trust called - Cox Children's Irrevocable Trust.
Well, I don't know how much money this trust pays (if it's correct trust) but supposedly Lori was working as a hairdresser before she married Charles.

Venmo: how the payment app exposes our private lives

Here's an article about Venmo. I had never heard about it before but a lot of info could be gleaned from it by LE by the look of it.
Just by looking at Tylee’s payments, I did find one connection to someone in Idaho. She paid for something on July 30. The girl in the photo has a sticker on her mirror for a coffee chain here in the PNW. The sticker lists the location as one in Idaho Falls. So maybe she did make it to Idaho and made a friend? I didn’t sleuth the girl, just the sticker on her mirror so she may not live in Idaho at all, idk. But Venmo is weird. It’s like PayPal and social media had a baby.

Sharing this for the timeline purposes of Chad's life and jobs. BBM

One Foot in the Grave - Behind the Scenes
It is hard to write a whole lot about the "Behind the Scenes" of "One Foot in the Grave" because the entire book is a peek at cemetery life. Here's some facts I don't reveal in the book, though.

I was the cemetery sexton for the city of Springville, Utah, from December 1995 to April 2000. I also worked at the cemetery part-time from August 1989 to August 1991, at which time went into the newspaper business for a few years as a reporter and editor. After a few years of grueling schedules and deadline pressures, I decided that digging graves was more enjoyable. So when the previous sexton retired, I jumped at the chance to replace him.

The stories in the book actually happened, and the names are all accurate except for two or three people who still visit the cemetery every day. I altered their names to protect them from embarrassment. I will soon begin heavily promoting the book as Halloween approaches. The one place I won't be promoting it is in Springville itself. I still live in Springville, and frankly, my neighbors might not find the book as funny as everyone else does.

Edited to Add
One Foot in the Grave - Behind the Scenes
A later version includes this tidbit as well on this page.

Here's a story that was in the first draft of the book, but for whatever reason it got trimmed out. I like it, though, even though it brings back bad memories. I call it: "Two strikes is enough."
I didn’t start working at the cemetery until I was out of high school, but my friends and I took dates there twice. Both turned out memorably.
The first one was after a school dance, and for some reason my friend Mark pulled into the cemetery. We got out of the car for a minute, but we didn’t get nervous -- until a police car came squealing up behind us.
The cop really raked Mark over the coals. The cop made us feel as if we’d broken every law on the books. The fun was over and we took our dates home. But six months later I tried it with another batch of friends, with even less success.
It was a triple date, and when we parked the car the three guys hopped out of the car and ran off through the cemetery, leaving the girls behind. The girls screamed a bit at being left alone, but then one of them wisely slid over into the driver’s seat and drove away! That wasn’t what we’d planned.
The girls eventually came back for us after a stop at a convenience store where they told everyone what they’d done. But even worse, as I saw the girls drive off, I started running after the car. Bad mistake. I failed to see a three-foot-high sprinkler pipe in my path, but my crotch didn’t fail to miss it. Yeow!
I had barely begun to recover when the girls returned a few minutes later. (Of course, my friends thought my little accident was hilarious.) In my mind, that was two strikes on cemetery dates, and I never had the courage to find out what a third date there would bring. Strike three would likely kill me.

My thoughts.....I personally find it quite weird that a supposed deeply religious guy seems to relish in talking about old girlfriends in his books or pages. This isn't the first "story" i have read of such. His almost bragging type personality that i am seeing on these archived pages is giving me more insight. It almost seems to paint a different persona of him to me. One that I can, for whatever reason, see having an affair.

Last edited:
Not sure that Charles was the only source of gravy. Unless I have the wrong people as parents, Alex, along with the parents are trustees of a trust called - Cox Children's Irrevocable Trust.

interesting. Though it doesn’t mean this trust was a source of funds for them. My grandpa had a trust and turns out he sold all of the stuff in it and essentially gave it to Nigerian princes before he died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee