Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM for focus.

But he's been prompted!

I believe that 'prompting' is one key to his getting away with erratic or self-indulgent actions, among those who might otherwise question his judgment or even his character. 'To be prompted' is a magical concept! It turns a whim or desire into a vision from God!

I'm considering trying this myself. :D

But seriously, this claim on the will of a higher power is a pretty classic form of manipulation.
You've confused the word prompting with something else. It has nothing to do with God's vision. Being promoted means feeling encouraged or persuaded to do something.

I was trying to get to the askfm account and can’t. Do I need an app? @tealrose ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #5

I think that askfm website may be banned here-- that's why the link is showing stars.
Enter tylee ryan site:ask fm into Google (add a period between ask and fm instead of a space) and you will find her account. The questions all say "over a year ago" but when you hover over that it says the specific date and time she answered. They are all from Apr 15, 2014. I didn't see anything especially relevant there. MOO.

What happened to Lori between 9/3 (when she enrolled JJ in school) and 9/24 (when she withdrew JJ from school) that caused her to seemingly change her mind about JJ being at school? Though it's not out of the question, to me it seems odd that in just 14 school days (or less) she came to the conclusion that enrolling JJ had been a mistake, that Kennedy was not the place for him, and/or that JJ should be homeschooled instead.

If removing JJ so quickly wasn't due to her dissatisfaction with the school, maybe it was that during this period of time Lori (and possibly CD) outlined a plan (or the next part of one) which prompted Lori to go into action. After all, Lori and CD's decision to get married was either made after TD died on 10/19, or it was made before.

Even if the decision to get married was made before JJ was removed from school on 9/24 (and that's a big if as it could imply a conspiracy, and as of now there's been no evidence that TD's death was even a homicide, let alone the result of a conspiracy), Lori still could have waited until after TD's death (but before the wedding, or trip) before removing JJ from school. Why was she in such a rush? Again, it could just be that for whatever reason she wanted JJ out of the school environment and at home, but it just seems odd to me.

As I mentioned before, I wonder if it's possible that between 9/3 and 9/24 Lori (with or w/o CD) developed a plan for the children's relocation/disappearance, and resolved that that plan should be carried out sooner rather than later. More speculation (and one degree further removed), but among other things, this plan could have included: having the children stay with someone in the cult (or group) in some state like ID or UT (where CD knew people), or having the children stay with someone in AZ (where both Lori and Alex knew people), or something more nefarious.

Possibly connecting the dots... We don't know for a fact that Alex was back in AZ on 10/2 (though some suspect he was involved in the attempted shooting of BB in Gilbert AZ that day), but IF he was, he either had to have traveled from ID to AZ by car or plane (or I suppose by bus or train, but I think those options less likely ). I mention this because IF Alex travelled from ID to AZ in this time period, the specific dates and method of his travel might be relevant to locating the children, especially when you consider that JJ was withdrawn from school on 9/24 and that the children have not been seen or heard from since.

I'm sure LE is keeping many things close to the vest, but I wonder if they have been able to determine whether or not Alex made this trip, and if he did, whether he travelled by air or car, and whether the children were possibly with him. Certainly you'd think they'd know if it was by air, as they could check flight manifests. And they may even have checked out the ground scenario as well, seeking video and cc receipts from places along the most probable routes. Again, just speculation. Hoping to help locate the children. MOO

Obviously, he is not really a prophet... Missing from his blog posts is what he does or how he reacts when his visions don't come true. Because that would paint him in a negative light. It seems like he reacts by ignoring the incorrect vision and doing what he wants regardless of the false prediction. For example, at one point he said he wasn't going to release his new book until after there was a major earthquake in the Western US (BBM):

Here’s an update on my writing projects. I’m close to finishing “Reclaiming Liberty,” but as I explained several months ago, two key events must happen before it is released: the U.S. presidential election and a major earthquake in the western United States. (One down, one to go.)

The specific details of the earthquake are essential to the back stories of some new characters, so I must wait before releasing the book. If the earthquake doesn’t come for a while, I’m perfectly fine with that as well!

Meanwhile, I have felt prompted to release a short autobiography entitled “Living on the Edge of Heaven” that discusses my two near-death experiences and my interactions with relatives on the other side of the veil. I hope you’ll find the book to be interesting and enlightening. More details to come soon!

This entry was posted in All Posts on March 7, 2017.

cdaybell.com | The Official Website for Chad Daybell

He released his autobiography in May 2017. A little over a year later on June 27, 2018 he announces the release of "Reclaiming Liberty" and doesn't mention any earthquake happening. I looked to see if there was an earthquake that fit the time period and I didn't see any that I would call "major".

I think Chad does whatever he wants to do, when he wants to do it. I think he knew how long it would take him to write the final book and he gambled that there would be an earthquake within the year. When there wasn't any major earthquake he published the book anyway-- because the reality is probably that he needed whatever little revenue the book may bring in. I don't think he got wealthy from his writing, but he was trying to cash in on any of his fans who believe his visions to be real. MOO.

As for his children and his visions about Tammy's manner of death being wrong-- people who strongly want to believe in Chad may point out that he got it partially right-- Tammy died after all! (Obviously I don't believe Chad can see the future but his children and his followers may really believe he predicted it). This is all so very dangerous. This is how cult leaders get control over people who believe in them. MOO.

I believe the earthquake he is referencing here (that has not yet happened) is the "Wasatch Wake Up" based on what I heard him say on an unspecified podcast. Wasatch Fault - Wikipedia

Here is local reporting on seismic activity in Utah.
‘Unusual’ amount of seismic activity prompts warning about earthquake preparedness

I believe the earthquake he is referencing here (that has not yet happened) is the "Wasatch Wake Up" based on what I heard him say on an unspecified podcast. Wasatch Fault - Wikipedia

Here is local reporting on seismic activity in Utah.
‘Unusual’ amount of seismic activity prompts warning about earthquake preparedness

They have been harping on the "Wasatch Fault" earthquake scenario for over 50 years. I remember being terrorized about this in Sunday school, and LDS seminary classes.
(Note, for non-LDS, "Seminary" is release time from school in Utah, to attend an hour of church classes, during school hours).

No major earthquake in SLC the last 50 plus but when it happens, they will all say that they "predicted" it.

To me, the timing points more to Alex committing suicide, after he heard about the kids being publicly missing (maybe nothing to do with Tammy’s exhumation).
He moved with Lori to Rexburg. If kids went missing in September, he would presumably know full well they were missing. So why exactly would he kill himself in December over it?

That's really the only thing that I cant wrap my head around if its a custody thing and the kids are in hiding. I suppose Chad could just say he had to lie to protect the kids and all would be forgiven, but there are way too many ways to go about it rather than saying the kids are dead or nonexistent.
There was no active custody battle for the children, as confirmed by the police. Both of their fathers are dead. Nobody to fight for custody.

There was no active custody battle for the children, as confirmed by the police. Both of their fathers are dead. Nobody to fight for custody.
There is not a custody battle, but what about the battle for Charles' estate/insurance. Whoever has JJ would have access to this money? I'm assuming Charles left money to his children? MOO

Maybe Lori gave up on this money since she was supposedly left off Charles Life insurance and started looking at Tammy's policy as an option? MOO

In my opinion, Chad used his claims of visions to manipulate his family (and possibly other people) into doing what he wanted them to do. When Tammy was playing some game several hours a day he didn't want her playing, he claimed to have had a conversation with a spirit of Tammy's grandma and grandma wanted Tammy to stop playing this game and do family genealogy instead. He wrote about having this vision and how grandma wanted Tammy to stop playing the game. He likely used the same technique many times on Tammy and the children. They probably believed him to be a visionary.

They have been harping on the "Wasatch Fault" earthquake scenario for over 50 years. I remember being terrorized about this in Sunday school, and LDS seminary classes.
(Note, for non-LDS, "Seminary" is release time from school in Utah, to attend an hour of church classes, during school hours).

No major earthquake in SLC the last 50 plus but when it happens, they will all say that they "predicted" it.

Eventually they'll be right.

There is not a custody battle, but what about the battle for Charles' estate/insurance. Whoever has JJ would have access to this money? I'm assuming Charles left money to his children? MOO
If there were some battle for insurance, somebody has to have JJ to have access to this money. How is JJ missing going to allow access to the money for anyone?

If there were some battle for insurance, somebody has to have JJ to have access to this money. How is JJ missing going to allow access to the money for anyone?
I'm not sure how all the money works, but could Lori have had access to this money without JJ since she technically has custody? She might tell people, the grandparents want JJ because they want the money? MOO Lots of speculation!

I'm not sure how all the money works, but could Lori have had access to this money without JJ since she technically has custody? She might tell people, the grandparents want JJ because they want the money? MOO Lots of speculation!
How would she access the money if she doesn't actually have JJ? If Charles left money to JJ, how would Lori be able to get the money if she can't produce JJ?

There was no active custody battle, but KW had been trying to get in contact with Lori or JJ after the shooting but felt Lori was dodging her. Perhaps Lori was afraid that JJ would be taken from her due to the documentation Charles submitted about her mental instability. Coupled with the adoption being from a member of Charles's family, with him dead she might have felt it would be enough to let someone on Charles's side of the family to call for at least temporary custody. Only theorizing because it seems she took Tylee to hawaii in part to prevent JR from getting his legally appointed parenting time. She waited out the courts once, she might have tried it again. When the welfare check came in, I'm sure she knew who initiated it. If she thought that KW was trying to get custody of JJ (based on what Charles had told her about Lori) the check might have confirmed those fears and initiated her hiding of the kids. All speculation of course. I think I really just want them to be OK somewhere.

Lump sum insurance payout divided between the surviving 3 children? I don't know if the insurance has paid out yet... and I don't have knowledge how dividing up an estate works. MOO
The key word here is "surviving." If the kid isn't there, how would he get any payment?

There was no active custody battle, but KW had been trying to get in contact with Lori or JJ after the shooting but felt Lori was dodging her. Perhaps Lori was afraid that JJ would be taken from her due to the documentation Charles submitted about her mental instability. Coupled with the adoption being from a member of Charles's family, with him dead she might have felt it would be enough to let someone on Charles's side of the family to call for at least temporary custody. Only theorizing because it seems she took Tylee to hawaii in part to prevent JR from getting his legally appointed parenting time. She waited out the courts once, she might have tried it again. When the welfare check came in, I'm sure she knew who initiated it. If she thought that KW was trying to get custody of JJ (based on what Charles had told her about Lori) the check might have confirmed those fears and initiated her hiding of the kids. All speculation of course. I think I really just want them to be OK somewhere.
Welfare check was on November 26. Kids hasn't been seen since the end of September. Since kids were already missing long before welfare check, how could welfare check initiate her hiding the kids?

If it was worded that it would go to the estate, or if the insurance company didn't want to pay, there could be legal issues, but otherwise it just goes to the beneficiary and there's not a lot to fight about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141