Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't say that at all. It says that this investigation "could have ties" to those in AZ, but makes it pretty clear the warrant was primarily investigating Tammy's death and also is "connected" to the missing kids.

I was referring to the portion of the article that states "On Saturday, Rexburg Assistant Chief Gary Hagen referred requests for information about the warrant from the Arizona Republic to the Fremont County sheriff, saying "it was their warrant and in their jurisdiction pertaining to their suspicious death case."

It doesn't say that at all. It says that this investigation "could have ties" to those in AZ, but makes it pretty clear the warrant was primarily investigating Tammy's death and also is "connected" to the missing kids.

It is confusing. "On Saturday, Rexburg Assistant Chief Gary Hagen referred requests for information about the warrant from the Arizona Republic to the Fremont County sheriff, saying "it was their warrant and in their jurisdiction pertaining to their suspicious death case."" I was reading it that the warrant was from Arizona, but it might be referring to Fremont County rather than Arizona.

Yep I saw it too but LE seem to know the kids are not with Lori and Chad and the lawyer speaking for them also seems to indicate they are alive. He wouldn't get paid otherwise right? MOO.

i was thinking they set up their statement with the lawyer back in Dec., paid him (or had someone pay him) then quickly relocated.
I really wanted to ask the lawyer (well, a lot of things, but also) if he told Lori her brother has died!
What about Melani - is nobody in her town or her family asking after her? now that her beloved uncle (that helped her try to get her kids only a few short months ago and that she had a double Vegas wedding with) is dead...the entire Cox family doesn’t care to even have a memorial for him?

Everyone, please welcome our latest verified member, RexburgSleuth.

RexburgSleuth is now verified as "Daybell Family Friend".

This means RexburgSleuth does not need to provide links to back up what he is saying. RexburgSleuth can post about personal experiences with the Daybell family members.

You are welcome to ask questions of RexburgSleuth but please keep in mind he is not required to answer. If your question is not answered please do not demand an answer or become argumentative. You must be polite and carry on a mature conversation.

It is up to you whether you or not to believe what RexburgSleuth posts. If you choose not to believe then please scroll by and do not start arguing.

We are very grateful to our members who are willing to become verified. It is one of the many things that sets Websleuths apart from all the other true crime discussion on the Internet.

In general please remember that short of hiring a private detective we verify as best we can with the tools we have. However, I feel confidant RexburgSleuth is being completely truthful and is a friend of the Daybell family. Thank you RexburgSleuth!

Thank you,
Tricia

I am curious how the different law enforcement agencies have worked together (or not) w/FBI and how much info they have and not released.

Yes, I'm reading it the same way.

There's more going on in Arizona that we know about. This is the part I was looking for. Deaths, plural, in Arizona, while Alex was still alive. (Red by me) And this doesn't appear to be connected to JJ, either.

“To my knowledge, he was responding like anybody would whose spouse had just passed away. That’s why the deputies didn’t suspect anything suspicious,” Humphries said.

A few days later, Humphries said his office was alerted by detectives in Arizona about the other deaths. Tammy’s body was exhumed from the Springville Evergreen Cemetary and an autopsy was performed. Investigators are waiting for autopsy lab results, which could take a few more weeks.

My theory is that AZ LE were still quietly investigating CV's death while publicly saying "no charges will be filed at this time as it appears to be self-defense"-- Not a direct quote but a paraphrase by me. The key part of the phrasing is that they can always decide to file charges later. LE would have investigated Lori and found out all about Joe Ryan's 2018 death pretty easily. I think they are still investigating that death as well even though they have not said so to the media. Lori and Alex suddenly moving to Idaho would have peaked AZ LE's interest in investigating them even more, but they would need to get AZ LE involved. I imagine it going somewhat like this-- AZ LE calls Fremont County looking for info on Chad Daybell (maybe they had info from JJ's grandmother/CV's sister that Lori was suspected of having an affair with Chad) and ID LE reveals that Chad's wife just died. The two agencies share info on the deaths and determine Tammy's death needs a 2nd look. MOO.

Last edited:
I am giving the benefit of the doubt that since the story was published in January, they are referring to Charles and Alex, as they are mentioned in the article. It would be nice for them to have published a date that they were notified by Arizona vs just saying "a few days".

Have we even heard from Lori's parents? Have they ever said that they were not in contact with JJ or Tylee? I've never heard anything from them to know one way or the other. As far as I've seen they aren't offering any information.
I've assumed that the Vallow grandparents request for a welfare check is what started the ball rolling. That would have started in Arizona, since the grandparents hadn't heard from JJ since August and he was living in Arizona at the time. Arizona LE would have traced the family to Idaho and requested the check. That was carried out Nov. 26th. And Chad was at the apt. when they showed up, as Lori's new husband, so that was how he ended up being looked into, at least that is my guess--because the two take off and disappear when LE return the next day. Then LE looking for the children, find that Chad's wife had died just a couple of weeks earlier. But, now I see this claim that the tip to look into Tammy's death came 'just a few days after her death' to the Arizona LE? Who could have known that, except for family or friends of Chad? I don't believe his family even knew her so this would be very surprising and throws more complexity to this saga.

Interesting, this case really needs a huge whiteboard, with all of the dates, people, places, events, in order to see the whole picture. There are so many other layers here, that I think we are missing to see the whole picture.

I am giving the benefit of the doubt that since the story was published in January, they are referring to Charles and Alex, as they are mentioned in the article. It would be nice for them to have published a date that they were notified by Arizona vs just saying "a few days".

Possible I suppose, but Tammy was exhumed on Dec. 11 and Alex didn't die until Dec. 12. Since the information between AZ to ID was what caused the exhumation, it isn't likely to mean Alex.

Could also be a typo or mistake, as well.

Thank you for becoming verified @RexburgSleuth !

Please don't feel like you have to answer any questions here. If you think answering a certain question may reveal who you are or may compromise the investigation, please don't hesitate to tell us you prefer not to answer.

That said, I do have some questions. :D

I am interested in something I think you said about where Chad was for Thanksgiving. Was he with his kids? Did he go to church that weekend? I'm also curious if Chad was home for Christmas, if you know anything about that holiday.

Thanks again for being here and for getting verified! :)

I was referring to the portion of the article that states "On Saturday, Rexburg Assistant Chief Gary Hagen referred requests for information about the warrant from the Arizona Republic to the Fremont County sheriff, saying "it was their warrant and in their jurisdiction pertaining to their suspicious death case."

Look at the very bottom of the article. While from the associated press and the site is called AZ Central, the story originated at the Arizona Republic newspaper. Someone from the Arizona Repubic called Rexburg PD and asked Chief Hagen about the warrant. He referred them to the FCSO. Imagine a comma after warrant in the area you bolded above.

The first place I saw the Rogue mentioned was in the comments of Rexburg PD's first public FB post about the case. So, maybe the person who posted it here simply copied it from there? I haven't seen the Rogue verified by anyone. Whatever vehicles they own or have owned, there's a reason LE hasn't shared the info--presumably because they think (or know) public knowledge of the vehicles will not be any help toward the case.

Now, was it in MSM or not, that a vehicle of Alex's was given/lent to another family member? Was it in a GH video? I'm not sure this part was in MSM, but it was available on Go Fund Me that said family member was in need of a car/money for a car as of August 7 (no longer active so details aren't viewable now, though the main pic and title are viewable if you search using said family member's wife's name). So, I'm wondering if that's why Alex was driving the Jeep (if that was in fact the case), and later had the new Kia (either as a rental or new purchase/lease)--because his own vehicle was with that other family member. But then, it seems his truck was likely the one they were packing up in Rexburg before Thanksgiving, so did he get it back?

Okay, that makes sense. And it means the comment about the warrant does refer to Fremont County, not Arizona LE.

It is confusing. "On Saturday, Rexburg Assistant Chief Gary Hagen referred requests for information about the warrant from the Arizona Republic to the Fremont County sheriff, saying "it was their warrant and in their jurisdiction pertaining to their suspicious death case."" I was reading it that the warrant was from Arizona, but it might be referring to Fremont County rather than Arizona.

I think what may be confusing things is the name of the newspaper-- "Arizona Republic" is the name of the news source reporting on the story. The way I'm reading it is AZ Republic News asked Rexburg Sheriff for comment about Tammy's death and Rexburg said to check with Fremont County Sheriff since she died in Fremont County, ID. "It was their warrant" is referring to Fremont County. MOO.

I think what may be confusing things is the name of the newspaper-- "Arizona Republic" is the name of the news source reporting on the story. The way I'm reading it is AZ Republic News asked Rexburg Sheriff for comment about Tammy's death and Rexburg said to check with Fremont County Sheriff since she died in Fremont County, ID. "It was their warrant" is referring to Fremont County. MOO.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member