Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I think technically there are 4 states that we know of that have open LE involvement.
Arizona (Gilbert & Chandler PD)
Idaho (Rexburg and FC Sheriff)
Utah (Med Examiner)
Hawaii (serving warrants, watching closely)

There are interested parties in TX and LA but I don't know of any active LE involvement there. I would be surprised if TX is not doing some forensic accounting regarding CV/LV. We also know the FBI to be involved.
Harris County, Texas has Charles' probate going through and KVW, Charles' sister, is executor of his estate and is also applying for Guardianship of JJ. She lives in Louisiana.

If he defaulted on his lease, it is typical for the landlord to process an eviction through the courts, not only to regain legal possession of the property, but also so that they can have the judgement filed for the default amount and if needed, to potentially garnish wages.
Exactly. He took off, landlord needed to get property back. That's how it's done here. :) moo.

I hope he gets that petty little legal snafu sorted and is quickly on his way back soon to the life he..... No, wait, that won't be happening.

Why not express love for his kids and grandkids? The people who are presumably not involved in this 'mess.'

If this was a press release aimed at the whole world, that would make sense. On a super-secret forum that presumably his kids can't see, that would seem pointless to me. MOO

Reading through the timeline again (until my eyes started to pop out), found a few things that jumped out at me this time.

August 2014 – Chad’s mom rents a large cabin in Island Park, Idaho for an extended family vacation trip. On this Idaho trip Chad hears a voice say “You’ll live here soon.” (Chad's Blog 14- Following the path to . . .Idaho? | cdaybell.com ).

Island Park is approx. 52 miles or 56 min. From Rexburg. Does that have any meaning?

ETA - reading the actual statement in his blog, it appears that he means Rexburg. 14- Following the path to . . .Idaho? | cdaybell.com
“On the way to the cabin, we stopped at a gas station in the town of St. Anthony, north of Rexburg. As I filled the van with gas, I looked south back over the valley. A voice simply said, “You’ll live here soon.””

27 Dec 2019 – An anonymous friend says Lori became obsessed with Chad's books about 4 years ago. Friend says she can't wrap her head around what's happening; remembers Lori as amazing mother who devoted herself to Tylee and Joshua;

"She would fly her daughter's friend from Arizona to come see her just so that she would have a better week. I mean she's like mother of the year here," she remembered.

But now she realizes there may have been red flags, "She was 100% into the end of times, the end of the world and she would tell me no you really gotta start preparing for the end of the world. You gotta start getting your stuff together. She would order stuff all the time

BBM What stuff? Prepper stuff? Food, ammo, etc.? Where did that stuff go?

Just more questions, speculation.

Last edited:
I have always wondered if the timing of late September meant something more to the story.

In the words of Big Dan Teague, "You don't say much my friend, but when you do it's to the point, and I salute you for it."

I've wondered if Tylee's 17th birthday had any legal or financial significance that could be prevented or nullified if she no longer was able to express agency.

A few days ago someone mentioned the possibility that Joseph Ryan could have established a trust that Tylee could control at age 17. Is there anything else like that, that Lori would not want Tylee controlling instead of herself? What would she have the right to do or access at age 17 that she couldn't at 16?

This is such incredible work, thank you @Gardener1850. I don't know if this is any help for the timeline but there was an eviction proceeding against Alex in San Tan Valley's Pioneer Justice Court in Sept of 2019. The court action was filed by Freo Arizona dba as Progress Residential.

The complaint was filed on 9/26 and the Proof of Service on 10/1. I would really love to know if that Summons was delivered to Alex in person or certified mail because he was MIA. A judgement was entered on 10/4, A Writ of Restitution requested (Sheriff/constable eviction) on 10/15 and served on 10/22.

Any Arizona landlords or attorneys out there that can answer this one? Would a Writ be served if Alex had already vacated the property or is that necessary because Alex left items behind in the home that needed to be removed? Because if it's the latter, there's a missed opportunity by LE in that curbside trash. MOO

View attachment 233456
You have probably come across this concerning evictions in Arizona

WRIT OF RESTITUTION
After an eviction, if the tenant does not leave on their own, the landlord can get a writ of restitution order from the court. For eviction judgments of immediate and irreparable breach , the landlord can get a writ of restitution the next court day.
It does seem, based on the docket that the Writ was granted fairly quickly - Request filed on 10/15 and granted on 10/17. Without knowing the Justice Court dates that the court is open (i.e. not open on 10/16) it could be that the latter case - immediate and irreparable breach - is what the claim was.

This case is frustrating. Did the police take a cadaver dog to sniff the unit for scent of decay?

I can't find the original letter link now but there are some strange things about the letter. It reads like something a 4th grader wrote, I mean like was AC maybe mentally-disabled? I don't mean that in an offensive way, only that if he was that would change a lot. I would no longer see him as the mastermind, it might explain why he did some of the things he did, and so forth. In the curb interview he did not sound like a dullard but he sure does in the letter.

Also, why would he be asking Lori to ask "Janis" for Joe's plate and address? Obviously the implication is that someone in jail could carry out the dirty work but why would it be Janis to get that info? Yes, I know who Janis is. But why her? And the second line says "Mir would you do me a favor..." except I don't think the first word is Mir. What is it?

Awesome find! That means that the many totes in the storage unit for much of Oct could simply be Alex's belongings that he was removing from the home he was being evicted from, perhaps little by little on multiple trips back and forth between ID and AZ? Unless he already had the townhouse next to Lori? I can't recall if we know when he first rented his own Rexburg townhouse. I know I don't have specifics in the timeline-- I only have that he moved to Rexburg with Lori, the kids and a friend in early Sept.
MOO.

The neighbor in Rexburg said it was a week. Lori moved in around Sept 1st right? That would put Alex in his own place about Sept 7th.

"Her brother, Alex Cox, lived with Vallow for a week before getting his own apartment in the same complex."

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8

I can't find the original letter link now but there are some strange things about the letter. It reads like something a 4th grader wrote, I mean like was AC maybe mentally-disabled? I don't mean that in an offensive way, only that if he was that would change a lot. I would no longer see him as the mastermind, it might explain why he did some of the things he did, and so forth. In the curb interview he did not sound like a dullard but he sure does in the letter.

Also, why would he be asking Lori to ask "Janis" for Joe's plate and address? Obviously the implication is that someone in jail could carry out the dirty work but why would it be Janis to get that info? Yes, I know who Janis is. But why her? And the second line says "Mir would you do me a favor..." except I don't think the first word is Mir. What is it?
Letter wasn't sent to Lori. And I don't think anybody here ever claimed AC was the mastermind.

My theory is pretty simple. I think they were keeping Tylee's device hidden in the storage unit in October and taking it out whenever they needed to make a transaction of some sort. Every time there is some activity on Tylee's device seems to be after a trip to the storage unit. But for what purpose would they keep it hidden there? Well I'm not sure, but there are many details of Tylee's device activity that we don't know. What if Tylee's device was being used to move money around? Or to communicate messages to certain people? Lori took Tylee's phone to Hawaii with her and had it in Kauai. Why?? That seems like a pretty incriminating thing to have when Tylee is no where to be found. I think that rather than get a burner phone, low-tech-Lori was using Tylee's phone for activity she didn't want others to know about. And from time to time maybe she ended up answering text messages sent to Tylee or sent CR money through Tylee's phone. MOO.
That’s more or less what I gleaned when you hi lighted It in red and being a senior investigator for many years, I go with my gut instinct which is usually pretty good and this is what my gut says too

I don't think the letter is to Lori, rather it's from a friend. Edit: TO a friend!

Also... I think it would be okay to conclude now, based on the letter Justin posted, that Janis (Alex and Lori's mom) was still alive in 2008. That would eliminate as Lori's mother any other woman named Janis who did not live until 2008. If, for instance, a woman named Janis died in 2003, she could not be Alex and Lori's mom. ;)

Exactly. He took off, landlord needed to get property back. That's how it's done here. :) moo.

The two things I wanted to try and figure out was if he was served personally or by certified mail and if he left anything behind that had to be tossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46