Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure whether it was shown here, but I'd guess that's the right ballpark and you're correct, it would cost 500,000 to get a $5 million bail bond. So if Chad owned (free and clear with no mortgage) four houses just like the one we're aware of then he could trade them to a bail bondsman for the 5 million bond, at least in theory. Since the world is ending in 5 months this might make sense to do, but unfortunately he doesn't have those 4 houses and odds are the one he does have isn't mortgage free.
BBM.
Ha! The best part is, the world is ending for them - at least, the world as they know it.

And won't they WISH it were really ending in 5 months, instead of spending the rest of their miserable lives in jail.

Last edited:
I guess they could have easily told JJ that Tylee went back to Arizona or something. JJ believed his father wasn't dead but was just traveling. So it wouldn't be hard to tell him something like this about Tylee.

I think the first lie they tried to tell about Tylee is that she went away to college. We were just discussing this before the news of Lori's arrest broke (BBM):

"They played everyday almost, until he said he was moving to his grandmother's," Bernard said.

Just a week after they moved in, JJ told Seth's son that he and his sister would be leaving soon.

"They told my son that, 'Oh yeah, we're going to go visit my grandmother.' We didn't know where that was. I said, 'Oh, okay,' and I understood because school was about to start. The semester was about to start and she was going to school, from what I understood," Bernard said.

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8

"Just a week after they moved in" would have been around Sept 7th-- it could have been Sept 8th when Tylee was last seen by the neighbor. So the first lie about JJ was that he went to live with his grandma and the first lie about Tylee is she was away in college at BYU. Both these lies began shortly before the kids disappeared. I believe that means we have evidence of premeditation of the crimes. Lori also varied which campus of BYU she said Tylee was attending depending on who she was talking to. Lori told JJ's service dog trainer in AZ when he came to pick up Bailey that her daughter was already in college at BYU in Rexburg and that was why they were moving there. IIRC, they told either JJ's grandparents or her aunt that Tylee was going to BYU-Hawaii. And it seems from the above the neighbor didn't know where Tylee went to college but assumed it was near grandma where JJ was going. Either way, the lie about Tylee going to college started back in August. MOO.

That's what I mean, she went missing on the 8th, JJ on the 23rd, not a good sign they weren't seen together after the 8th at his school. siblings of autistic kids are often the ones that drop them off and pick them up. I am more worried for them now knowing that during that time they weren't seen together.

@Gardener1850 and I were discussing earlier that per the neighbor, Alex moved into his own apartment in the Rexburg complex on or about Sep 7th. Sadly, I don't think these two events happening in such close proximity are unrelated.

That's a huge - and excellent question. It's what makes us all so uncomfortable about this case. HOW could a mother do anything she's done?

It's typical of a cult, however. And Chad is a cult leader. By accounts of people who knew her before him (and he was hidden in her life for quite a while!) - she was a good mother before him. Then, she totally changed. It made no sense to anyone.

It makes some sense if you follow cults, sadly.

Hopefully, they will BOTH spend the rest of their miserable lives in jail.

I'm still not entirely sure what we're looking at is a cult, so much as a very closely affiliated group of loony birds who are to varying degrees, REALLY into Mormon fanfiction. I've been to the AVOW and uh... Other Chad Daybell-related forums, and while there is crazy prepper and scam stuff going on, the cult evidence is debatable.

Here's the cult checklist doctors and researches use to identify cults.

AVOW doesn't seem to have unquestionable loyalty to either Lori or Chad so much as the idea of prepping for the end times in general. They focus on making money but getting new members doesn't seem to be such a priority. The AVOW members don't seem to be encouraging socializing only with other members, nor does it seem to try and plan relationships for people. They do dodge taxes and encourage unethical activity though, and they are elitist.

MOO, I just don't quite know what we're looking at...

You are a normal human being - she is not. Now the fact that she 'turned' so completely from being a good mom according to her friend is frightening. How can that happen? Is she under some spell or what the heck?

It's possible she was just a good actress and played her part well. The cult crap inflated her sense of self to the point where she didn't see the point of pretending any longer. Also, it's possible she had always been horrible when others weren't around as witnesses. Plenty of terrible parents do that.

Can we post legal docs about the arrest here?
I always get confused as to what we can and cant post so figured I should ask before just posting it.
Its the press release from the Prosecuting attorney office document

I'm still not entirely sure what we're looking at is a cult, so much as a very closely affiliated group of loony birds who are to varying degrees, REALLY into Mormon fanfiction. I've been to the AVOW and uh... Other Chad Daybell-related forums, and while there is crazy prepper and scam stuff going on, the cult evidence is debatable.

Here's the cult checklist doctors and researches use to identify cults.

AVOW doesn't seem to have unquestionable loyalty to either Lori or Chad so much as the idea of prepping for the end times in general. They focus on making money but getting new members doesn't seem to be such a priority. The AVOW members don't seem to be encouraging socializing only with other members, nor does it seem to try and plan relationships for people. They do dodge taxes and encourage unethical activity though, and they are elitist.

MOO, I just don't quite know what we're looking at...
I've never thought that the whole of AVOW was involved in this, but a subset of them that have connections to AVOW. I've said that from the start. It's a subset of a subset of a subset.

Do we think she's going to try to fight the extradition to Idaho? Or will she waive that right tomorrow? Also, do we have a time for the hearing tomorrow? HI is 5 hours behind me, so I just wanna know if I'll be home or at work.

I am so glad to see news of her arrest and pictures of the missing kids being shared by all the major news outlets and affiliates. Maybe it will generate more tips regarding sitings of the children, even if it was months ago.

I'm not sure whether it was shown here, but I'd guess that's the right ballpark and you're correct, it would cost 500,000 to get a $5 million bail bond. So if Chad owned (free and clear with no mortgage) four houses just like the one we're aware of then he could trade them to a bail bondsman for the 5 million bond, at least in theory. Since the world is ending in 5 months this might make sense to do, but unfortunately he doesn't have those 4 houses and odds are the one he does have isn't mortgage free.
Can you imagine Chad Kicking his two kids and new grandchild out of their family home in order to bail Lori out?

Chad turning on Lori might be the only chance Chad has to retain some of his "followers" and get his life partially back. But I don't see that happening anytime soon due to one little issue yet to be resolved: Tammy. We'll see Chad arrested long before we see him testify against Lori.

MOO.

If he were smart, he would take that baggie of money and buy himself his own criminal attorney before Bartholick asks for that huge retainer to defend Lori. There will be nothing left for him but a public defender.

Do we think she's going to try to fight the extradition to Idaho? Or will she waive that right tomorrow? Also, do we have a time for the hearing tomorrow? HI is 5 hours behind me, so I just wanna know if I'll be home or at work.

Lori might try to fight the extradition, but it would be a real waste of time and money both for her and the court. I can't imagine that any judge in Hawaii would have any incentive to send a middle finger to the courts in Idaho, over this case of all things, so it would pretty much just be Lori and her lawyer (if any) buying for time.

If her actions so far of ignoring the court order to produce the kids is any indication of future behavior, she'll fight extradition and continue refusing to cooperate with LE in finding JJ and Tylee. MOO.

From the Prosecuting Attorney's Office regarding the Press release
87023989_176879313734940_4177965154132033536_n.jpg

The jokes on Lori if she believed that. We had a long conversation on this topic in the threads previously. IIRC, many fail to understand that Idaho (the state charging her) is the one who pays for extradition from Hawaii. It can be done for misdemeanors with a signature from the governor of Idaho. But Lori has just been charged with at least 2 felonies so previous discussion of extradition for misdemeanors is largely irrelevant. I'm not sure the governor has any role to play now. MOO.
Maybe they have federal fraud charges against Lori? If she were receiving a check from a government agency for JJ because of his disability And cashing the checks to use for purposes other than JJs care that is federal fraud case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShayGonCray