Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she produces the kids, they are safe, and she has a good story I think she could get off on everything. But at this point if she does not produce the kids I think she is going to be locked up for a long time.

If, as I suspect, she is hiding them from family, lying to police acting on a family request might technically be illegal but she will not be punished for it. At $5 million bail this chick is going to be locked up for months awaiting trial. Unless she is convicted of a major felony her "time served" will cover anything else. I think only the felony charges are important here.
With the charges at hand, producing the children would likely remove the felonies. The misdemeanors would remain as they are independent acts and are not mitigated by returning the children. The State would want their pound of flesh for the shenanigans.

I still expect that the child welfare case will produce a custody order for the State and that could rapidly turn into yet another pair of felonies for custodial interference if this particular action does not yield the whereabouts of the children.

At this moment, there seems to be at least one person that could be a small amount of legal trouble if it turns out they did act in furtherance of the solicitation by Lori. It won't amount to anything if it is Alex since he is dead but I suspect the Solicitation charge arose based on something discovered on the electronic devices that were recovered in Hawaii.

So this is at least an answer to those of us who have expressed frustration over the past 5 weeks, saying: "why can't they charge her with something?" "Isn't she guilty of ____?"

All the legal experts answered: "No. She's really not guilty of anything other than contempt of court". So I guess these charges are something, but they're not a lot..

BIB

er... no?

I've argued all along that there was at least circumstantial evidence of a felony crime. I think what we all agreed on is she cannot be extradited on the contempt charge.

But seeing as she will be extradited on the other charges, she can now face the contempt one as well ;)

Now all that said, there are tactical reasons why LE might not have rushed into these charges, if they may need to bring a murder rap down the line.

One wonders with all the national TV coverage, whether political pressure increased to haul this sociopath in on whatever they can make stick, and try to ratchet up from there.

With the charges at hand, producing the children would likely remove the felonies. The misdemeanors would remain as they are independent acts and are not mitigated by returning the children. The State would want their pound of flesh for the shenanigans.

I still expect that the child welfare case will produce a custody order for the State and that could rapidly turn into yet another pair of felonies for custodial interference if this particular action does not yield the whereabouts of the children.

At this moment, there seems to be at least one person that could be a small amount of legal trouble if it turns out they did act in furtherance of the solicitation by Lori. It won't amount to anything if it is Alex since he is dead but I suspect the Solicitation charge arose based on something discovered on the electronic devices that were recovered in Hawaii.

Yes - because if Mum is in jail, and no one knows who is looking after the kids, the kids are clearly at risk.

$5 million is a high bail, considering the charges, and coming up with 10% could be a challenge. Idaho does allow for property bonds...what is the value of Chad’s home? MOO

Section 19-2909 – Idaho State Legislature
Nowhere near $500,000. I remember it being mentioned Chad sold the Springville house to Tammy's parents, and bought the Salem one and it was only about $120k IIRC. I can't see Chad or Lori raising that.
Anyone seen a higher bail amount than this?
Great news waking up to this. I wonder if anyone else is quaking in their boots?

BIB

er... no?

I've argued all along that there was at least circumstantial evidence of a felony crime. I think what we all agreed on is she cannot be extradited on the contempt charge.

But seeing as she will be extradited on the other charges, she can now face the contempt one as well ;)

Now all that said, there are tactical reasons why LE might not have rushed into these charges, if they may need to bring a murder rap down the line.

One wonders with all the national TV coverage, whether political pressure increased to haul this sociopath in on whatever they can make stick, and try to ratchet up from there.

Yes, getting rid of the kids would be a felony whether she abandoned them or killed them. She is going to have to answer for that or sit in jail in Idaho, no doubt. But IF (capital letters for emphasis) she has stashed the kids away for safety from family, even if her reasons are unfounded, she has not committed the felonies and will get off. She may still be guilty of the misdemeanors. If so, she will serve at most 1 year, probably far less. The contempt and resisting may be moot if she were protecting from family that had contacted LE.

This just in from Justin: Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

Lori Vallow set to appear in court in Kauai tomorrow morning 2/21. Kauai County Prosecuting Attorney Justin Kollar says she can choose to be represented by council, waive extradition hearing or proceed w/ hearing. Extradition hearing would be a couple weeks later.
----------

(I think that should be "counsel" not council.)
I expect she'll fight extradition. Anything to stay in Hawaii for as long as possible and avoid real world accountability. As evidenced by her previous contempt of court actions. MOO.

One of the reasons I doubt the cult narrative a bit. There has to be a third actor. According to the real estate guy who lives next to Lori and Chad and helped arrange their condo rental, they signed a long term lease and bought furniture at no small expense for their place in Princeton on the island, and then they weren't seen much and kept to themselves. That doesn't sound like a doomsday couple; if that were the case, why not rent a furnished place for a few months and wait for death? Instead Lori and Chad rented a long term unit and bought furniture. Doesn't sound like someone awaiting the end of days.

I agree

The problem with these rabbit hole cases is it is easy to turn facts on the periphery of the case into 'castle in the air" theories. So where the kids are missing and no one knows where they are and LE can't find them, chances are they are not stashed with a death cult.

But on the other hand, once you get into one specific case, and away from making historical assumptions, the case can easily turn on its own bizarre and internal logic. So what might seem highly unlikely from the outside, is actually correct where all the facts point in that direction.

We just don't know enough about their motivations as we only have a few fragments of conversations to go on.

But in criminal cases, we infer intention from actions - and IMO there are strong pointers we can rely on, including a couple you identified there.

The fact that their scheme to start again in Hawaii doesn't make overall sense should not be surprising to anyone who has followed other sociopath cases down the years!

I can see three options:
- she lets them extradite without a fight,
- Chad is spending this evening finding her a Hawaiian attorney to fight extradition, in addition to talking to bondsman and likely not having much luck, or
- she'll claim they've spent all their money and she needs a Hawaiian public defender to help her fight extradition.

87029297_141812627297661_5862972732358000640_o.jpg

MUG SHOT ! HEHEHE... she looks FURIOUS.
Source: Kaua'i Police Department
Holy evil...:confused: It’s like her face is melting.

“Go ahead! Ask me where my kids are one more time. I will set you on fire with my eyes.”

Thank goodness no more pictures of her frolicking in Hawaii gazing at that doofus Chad like he was sexy Jesus incarnate.

I expect she'll fight extradition. Anything to stay in Hawaii for as long as possible and avoid real world accountability. As evidenced by her previous contempt of court actions. MOO.

She might take the hearing, but in reality "fighting" is going to over swiftly unless she goes into full lawyer mode. Does she have the money for that? And if she does, she probably needs to save her resources for her felony trial.

BIB

er... no?

Yes, getting rid of the kids would be a felony whether she abandoned them or killed them. She is going to have to answer for that or sit in jail in Idaho, no doubt. But IF (capital letters for emphasis) she has stashed the kids away for safety from family, even if her reasons are unfounded, she has not committed the felonies and will get off. She may still be guilty of the misdemeanors. If so, she will serve at most 1 year, probably far less. The contempt and resisting may be moot if she were protecting from family that had contacted LE.
Yea, I do think police found a witness who says Lori solicited him or her (or possibly a third party) to do something not exactly legal.
It's undoubtedly Chad given the date.

Zillow seems to think that Chad's Salem house is only worth about 5% of that bail... so not enough. One would think he'd want to save that extremity for himself, never mind what his poor deluded children would think of it, especially the ones living there!

Did any other property ownership ever turn up for any of them?
Of course, there's always the random wealthy benefactor option... if they exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3