Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori Vallow, mother of missing Idaho kids, arrested in Hawaii; held on $5 million bail

Posting this as it lists the charges.

I couldn't copy pasta the CBS listed charges above but this is from Metro.uk see link below. I especially like the 28 years bit.

"Vallow has been charged with two felony counts of desertion and nonsupport of dependent children and could face up to 28 years in prison if found guilty."

Read more: Cult mom Lori Vallow arrested in Hawaii over missing kids | Metro News

Twitter: Metro (@MetroUK) | Twitter | Facebook: Metro

Last edited:
Zillow seems to think that Chad's Salem house is only worth about 5% of that bail... so not enough. One would think he'd want to save that extremity for himself, never mind what his poor deluded children would think of it, especially the ones living there!

Did any other property ownership ever turn up for any of them?
Of course, there's always the random wealthy benefactor option... if they exist.

I think Zillow is usually close. However, the assessed value of his home for tax purposes is about $60,000 lower than Zillow. Search Daybell here: Fremont County, Idaho, Terms and Conditions

That says the total Assessed Value (home and land) for 2019 is: $ 204,54.

Also, since Chad and Tammy only moved there in 2015, Chad might not have enough equity built up to even take out a second mortgage.

Finally, according to a list I found this morning Chad didn't pay his property taxes for the 2nd half of 2019 (page 239): http://www.co.fremont.id.us/departments/treasurer/unpaidlisting.pdf
They were due on Dec 20th with a 2 percent late charge applied immediately after non-payment and interest of 1 percent per month started January 1st. It's only 686.73 due currently and can be paid online: Fremont County Treasurer
So Chad can't claim he was out of state and unable to get back to pay.
I think he's actually broke and has been living on credit cards in Kauai. That or he doesn't give a flying fig about the house and left it for his kids to handle. MOO.

in my searching...no other property for Chad. He sold the UT house to Tammy's parents, and bought only the Salem house. I,for one, have always thought there is some $$$ person behind this all. But I know these type of $$$ people know exactly how to protect themselves from being discovered. And that may be to let Lori go down... Will be interesting if any "clues" to $$$ people come out of Lori's mouth.
Personally I don't believe that there's a rich backer involved. IMO it's mostly Lori, Chad and their mini cult. Some groups and people they were associating with quickly tried to distance themselves from their beliefs, because they want to stay in business.

This thread is moving sooo fast.

But last night I went through the timeline with my partner.

My partner is not a police officer but works closely with them. No inside information. Sorry. However is trained highly in quite a few areas.

The major thing my partner said was how many signs of domestic violence LVD shows.

Now we all think of domestic violence (DV) as physical battering. But it is actually all about control of others. Manipulation and coerstion. Its actually mental games in which sometimes violence plays a roll. Most notably when someone goes out of their way to make another person feel a certain way. Its not accidental but methodical.

my partner highlighted some examples to support DV accusation against LVD.
- taking away JJ clothing
- taking away Bailey's harness
- cancelling CV flight
- removing CV car from airport
- isolating TR
- not telling CR where they were going
- tellin CV she no longer cared for him or JJ
- telling the police stories to get CV into legal issues moo
- using TR money to give to CR instead of doing it herself
- selling JJ dog

The list goes on. Individually might be seen as an isolated incident. But my partner is trained in spotting DV and says that LVD shows all the signs of major signs of a domestic abuser.

MOO MOO MOO MOOOOOOOO

RSBM

Wouldn't LE have been easily able to check the obvious ones already?
and even the not so obvious... There are enough family members in this fight who could mention name after name of possibilities. I would think someone in the LE community is doing as much if not more research that we are!!

RSBM

Wouldn't LE have been easily able to check the obvious ones already?
and even the not so obvious... There are enough family members in this fight who could mention name after name of possibilities. I would think someone in the LE community is doing as much if not more research that we are!!
I don't think we know who saw Tylee last on 9/8 but LE seems to thinks that's the date. Maybe there was something she was doing (on SMS maybe) on a daily basis that stopped and that's where they get the date from idk jmo
wasn't there a siting of Tylee dropping JJ off at school the day or so before....? Please correct if wrong.

Let's just say: I don't believe in coincidences. If Law Enforcement are looking into Joe Ryan's death they have kept that mum. I'm not sure what they can do, since he was cremated, but it needs to be looked into IMO. Joe's autopsy report indicated that samples were taken to be "held" for toxicology but there was no indication they ever did toxicology in the report. I don't know if those sample would have been saved this long for a non-suspicious death.

Imagine if Joe's death was foul play-- then the person(s) responsible got away with it and would feel empowered to do it again. And again. And again. It would almost seem from that individual's perspective that he/she has godlike powers. Sound like anyone we know? I would not be surprised by anything at this point. :eek::mad::(

MOO.
i get really sad when thinking about JR (male JR!). LVD made his life miserable, and he seemed to just be protecting his daughter with the multitude of custody battles. His sister is a good voice for him, but who else is out there, who knows more? Why was it so many days before he was found? Just as with Tammy, I hope this notoriety brings out more truth-swelling and truth-telling to honor these folks who died in her wake.

Idaho mother of missing children arrested on Kauai

Kauai police PC at 2pm. (approx 9 hrs time)

"She has since been charged with two felony counts of desertion, nonsupport of dependent children, resisting or obstructing officers, criminal solicitation to commit a crime and contempt of court.

“First of all, we wish to thank the public for the massive outpouring of concern regarding this case,” said Kauai Chief of Police Todd G. Raybuck. “We also want to thank everyone for their patience while investigators worked diligently to comprehensively gather everything they needed in order to obtain this arrest warrant.”

Rexburg Police Department has been conducting an investigation on the matter and in December sought assistance from the Kauai Police Department to locate Vallow and her husband Chad Daybell, on Kauai.

Daybell was not arrested.

Vallow will be attending a hearing on Kauai at a date yet to be determined and can fight her extradition to Idaho. Kauai police said it will most likely be Friday morning. Kauai police will hold a press conference at KPD’s headquarters in Lihue at 2 p.m. tomorrow."

I completely forgot to look for this in last night's arrest excitement.

Letters reveal Alex Cox's intense focus on Lori Vallow's ex-husband, even while behind bars

"He was really obsessed and almost fixated with this desire to get [Joseph Ryan]," said Tracy.

Tracy said Cox sent her four letters, and in the letters, he usually found a way to mention his ex-brother in law.

---

FOX 10 has reported that that Cox served 90 days in jail for assaulting the father of Tylee Ryan. Now, Cox's best friend said he seems obsessed with Lori's ex-husband, details of which were revealed in letters from his cell.
OMG... this is so revealing on so many counts. Truly unbelievable how long this spider has been spinning her webs. AND JANIS??? There really are multiple entries on Ancestry indicating she died (in the 80s)... many of us discussed this threads ago ... I know one person did indicate she was alive, and I know that Ancestry can be screwy...but there were more than one indication that she had passed.

I think we will learn that the trigger was the completion of certain orders in conjunction with the non-compliance by Lori in the child welfare case whose docket we haven't seen. With the courts closed on Monday due to President's Day I expect the application for the arrest warrant occurred on the first available day. I would think if there was some other trigger, such as it became known there were arrangements to leave U.S. jurisdiction that then there would not have been a two day delay between the issuing of the arrest warrant and serving it.

Agree! Also think the electronics seized in the search warrant helped connect a lot of dots for supporting evidence. I know it seems like a lifetime ago to us but it's only been four weeks. Enough time to follow up on leads and track their movements. The FBI was probably very helpful in extracting that data.

I don't think she can be bailed out in HI only in ID. Because this is an extradition HI has to hold her until ID gets custody of her within a certain amount of time. If that's the case would she fight it? She prob thinks she can get bailed out so I would think she would want to go back to ID right away. Jmo not 100 percent sure on this

Eta: if going through a bondsman the (10 percent) 500k is not refundable but if someone puts up the full 5 million then it is refundable as long as she shows up to court. Is this correct?That's what I got out of reading someone's previous post on bailing out info.

Last edited:
OMG... this is so revealing on so many counts. Truly unbelievable how long this spider has been spinning her webs. AND JANIS??? There really are multiple entries on Ancestry indicating she died (in the 80s)... many of us discussed this threads ago ... I know one person did indicate she was alive, and I know that Ancestry can be screwy...but there were more than one indication that she had passed.
hmmm... wonder if anyone from SSI is watching websleuths. just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth