Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if Tylee were deceased, Lori might have been using Tylee's phone to try to make it appear that Tylee was still alive. But then why tell Rexburg PD that Lori's been dead since a year before her father died?

Jmo
Good question. I guess they wanted to keep the illusion for the people that knew Tylee.

Lori didn't tell the police that her daughter has been dead. She and Chad told that to (unknown) family members after they got married. Chad also told other people that Lori had no minor children.

This..."off grid"...combined with further posts shortly after regarding the possible number of followers, it has me re-thinking hiding or stashing the kids. What if they are not off grid but rather on an alternate grid? Not in an underground bunker or a cave but in a house in a little remote town. If there are hundreds of followers it could be a whole community with schools and stores and a temple and even their own versions of social media to interact with each other to make it feel normal.

Far fetched, I know. I guess I want to imagine JJ out playing with the kid next door, somewhere.

I don't think it is necessarily far-fetched. That would not be too hard to do. I live in a "subdivision" with about 8 or 10 houses on very large (several acre) lots. There is a gate from the highway and a private driveway/road system leading to the house. None of the houses are visible from the main private road. It's very remote and private because several of the houses are not occupied most of the time. One of my neighbors, for example is a cargo ship captain and is only around about 1 month out of every 3-4. Some of the houses including the captain's are offered as vacation rentals so it is not unusual to see strangers. I'm not "offgrid" because I could not live without the internet. But everyone has their own water supply and some people have their own solar so they don't need an electric connection.

Before I moved here, I'm told there was a human trafficking stash house in the neighborhood that was eventually raided by the feds. It had been used for years and no one knew. Even the police were clueless. So I know these places exist and I'm sure a place like Idaho or Montana would offer similar opportunities because of remoteness.

We are 1 fallen tree or landslide from being cut off from the rest of the island for possibly several days. The entire state is one longshoremans' strike from being out of supplies within a week (and that almost happened recently). I'm not worried about the end of the world at all. But I do keep a well-stocked pantry. And that led me to researching how to keep food stored without it going bad. And that led me to a lot of LDS sites online as you can imagine. I never stumbled on AVOW though but I did find a lot of good helpful information! I also realized there are some seriously paranoid people out there!

This..."off grid"...combined with further posts shortly after regarding the possible number of followers, it has me re-thinking hiding or stashing the kids. What if they are not off grid but rather on an alternate grid? Not in an underground bunker or a cave but in a house in a little remote town. If there are hundreds of followers it could be a whole community with schools and stores and a temple and even their own versions of social media to interact with each other to make it feel normal.

Far fetched, I know. I guess I want to imagine JJ out playing with the kid next door, somewhere.

I don't think it is necessarily far-fetched. That would not be too hard to do. I live in a "subdivision" with about 8 or 10 houses on very large (several acre) lots. There is a gate from the highway and a private driveway/road system leading to the house. None of the houses are visible from the main private road. It's very remote and private because several of the houses are not occupied most of the time. One of my neighbors, for example is a cargo ship captain and is only around about 1 month out of every 3-4. Some of the houses including the captain's are offered as vacation rentals so it is not unusual to see strangers. I'm not "offgrid" because I could not live without the internet. But everyone has their own water supply and some people have their own solar so they don't need an electric connection.

Before I moved here, I'm told there was a human trafficking stash house in the neighborhood that was eventually raided by the feds. It had been used for years and no one knew. Even the police were clueless. So I know these places exist and I'm sure a place like Idaho or Montana would offer similar opportunities because of remoteness.

We are 1 fallen tree or landslide from being cut off from the rest of the island for possibly several days. The entire state is one longshoremans' strike from being out of supplies within a week (and that almost happened recently). When a hurricane hit a couple of years ago part of the island was cut of and without power for months! I'm not worried about the end of the world at all. But I do keep a well-stocked pantry. And that led me to researching how to keep food stored without it going bad. And that led me to a lot of LDS sites online as you can imagine. I never stumbled on AVOW though but I did find a lot of good helpful information! I also realized there are some seriously paranoid people out there!

Why would they keep Tylee's phone in the storage unit, when it was traceable? Same with using it as a burner phone. IMO it would make more sense to buy a new burner phone. There would be no need to hide it and it could not be traced back to Lori.

The police must know the location of Tylee's phone every time it was used. I think Lori kept it to keep the appearance that Tylee was still with her. I wonder if she planned to use it in Hawaii as well.

Burner phones are traceable as well if you use them to contact others not using burner phones or to move money around in bank accounts connected to you. The difference is that Tylee's phone would already have access to Tylee's bank account, email, etc without the need to set up a new security login on a new phone and change all the passwords or use new email accounts. If Lori comes under investigation for a financial crime such as the theft of the money from Charles business account in Jan 2019, where is the probable cause going to come from to search for Tylee's phone hidden in a storage unit? They would take Lori's devices first I think. If Tylee's father left her a large sum of money (I think it was around $75,000?) and that money is being accessed by someone else using Tylee's phone it might become difficult to prove who was accessing the money. If Lori got a burner phone and started accessing Tylee's money then that would be more obvious and easier to prove it was Lori and not Tylee making the transactions and exactly when that started happening. And conveniently, someone could pretend to be Tylee and send texts with the phone number her family and friends already have and it's difficult to prove it wasn't Tylee. MOO.

ETA: Of course the big flaw in this plan to use Tylee's device is that Lori doesn't seem to have considered what would happen when people noticed Tylee was missing. Lori seems to think she can tell people Tylee is away at college and it would be believed. Sadly, it has almost worked because we don't know exactly when Tylee was last seen. But the search for Tylee and JJ has seemingly put the spotlight on other shady activities. I don't think the POI's expected this much publicity nor the amount of LE effort that has come about. We're not currently privy to many things LE knows but we know they have gotten multiple warrants that they would not be able to get without some probable cause. IMHO, the children being missing so long has given probable cause to investigate other possible crimes.

Last edited:
There has got to be some additional angles on video from that storage unit that are much clearer. Not only from the inside, but from the outside of the building. I'm wondering why they have not been released...
Sorry I must be losing it. So what we need is a blown up copy of the pic of "Alex" at the storage location on the 2nd Oct, to examine against any other pics we have of him, to work out if it is him or not. If that doesn't work we need to get Nate to obtain that Gilbert surveillance footage next. It is the key to this.

Burner phones are traceable as well if you use them to contact others not using burner phones or to move money around in bank accounts connected to you. The difference is that Tylee's phone would already have access to Tylee's bank account, email, etc without the need to set up a new security login on a new phone and change all the passwords or use new email accounts. If Lori comes under investigation for a financial crime such as the theft of the money from Charles business account in Jan 2019, where is the probable cause going to come from to search for Tylee's phone hidden in a storage unit? They would take Lori's devices first I think. If Tylee's father left her a large sum of money (I think it was around $75,000?) and that money is being accessed by someone else using Tylee's phone it might become difficult to prove who was accessing the money. If Lori got a burner phone and started accessing Tylee's money then that would be more obvious and easier to prove it was Lori and not Tylee making the transactions and exactly when that started happening. And conveniently, someone could pretend to be Tylee and send texts with the phone number her family and friends already have and it's difficult to prove it wasn't Tylee. MOO.

ETA: Of course the big flaw in this plan to use Tylee's device is that Lori doesn't seem to have considered what would happen when people noticed Tylee was missing. Lori seems to think she can tell people Tylee is away at college and it would be believed. Sadly, it has almost worked because we don't know exactly when Tylee was last seen. But the search for Tylee and JJ has seemingly put the spotlight on other shady activities. I don't think the POI's expected this much publicity nor the amount of LE effort that has come about. We're not currently privy to many things LE knows but we know they have gotten multiple warrants that they would not be able to get without so probable cause. IMHO, the children being missing so has given probable cause to investigate other possible crimes.
Lori could have continued to use Tylee's phone for sending money to Colby and for impersonating Tylee to her friends and family. She would not need to hide the phone for that. For other activities (so far we don't know what those might have been) she could have got herself a new phone. Some people involved in nefarious activity keep several devices. I have no idea how she accessed the money she stole from Charles (IMO she spent it all before moving to Rexburg) and Joseph. I think there was another, presently unknown reason for frequent visits to the storage unit.

I totally hear you. In the Colorado floods everyone but 60 ppl evacuated our little community. What were left were 50% preppers. We had a comm mtg every other day until the roads opened up and i got to see those ppl in action. They had the other 50% scared the mexican cartels were going to somehow make their way to the mountain comm and "rob everyone's empty house cuz mtn ppl are known to possess guns". They were almost laughable if they weren't so darn scary. Wanted all of us to wear orange safety vests when we walked our dogs to look like guards. Mind you the roads were impassable.

There has got to be some additional angles on video from that storage unit that are much clearer. Not only from the inside, but from the outside of the building. I'm wondering why they have not been released...
Agreed, there is more and better footage that LE hasn't released. Even what they have released is essentially redacted by editing out the time stamp. I believe the video footage from outside the building is clearer than inside and LE know who was there and when. MOO

Impassable
I totally hear you. In the Colorado floods everyone but 60 ppl evacuated our little community. What were left were 50% preppers. We had a comm mtg every other day until the roads opened up and i got to see those ppl in action. They had the other 50% scared the mexican cartels were going to somehow make their way to the mountain comm and "rob everyone's empty house cuz mtn ppl are known to possess guns". They were almost laughable if they weren't so darn scary. Wanted all of us to wear orange safety vests when we walked our dogs to look like guards. Mind you the roads were impassable.
roads won't keep the people in black helicopters out!

I don't think it is necessarily far-fetched.

RBSM

What you outlined here isn't far-fetched at all. It would essentially be hiding in plain sight. But the number of houses and therefore people you'd be able to have in your compound/community would have a practical limit. You'd also have some potential issues in that you'd probably want to do what you could to limit people inside the community to those that are part of your group which, is someone decides to leave, could be problematic. But I can certainly see how this could work and in the mountain west with so many rural areas I could see it being fairly easy.

Utah. Where Tammy was exhumed? Jmo
Yes. I think technically there are 4 states that we know of that have open LE involvement.
Arizona (Gilbert & Chandler PD)
Idaho (Rexburg and FC Sheriff)
Utah (Med Examiner)
Hawaii (serving warrants, watching closely)

There are interested parties in TX and LA but I don't know of any active LE involvement there. I would be surprised if TX is not doing some forensic accounting regarding CV/LV. We also know the FBI to be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member