Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly - they may well have it.

Not everything gets exhibited - especially at this stage. I mean they also say where LV lived, hotels checked into etc - none of that stuff is exhibited at this point and most likely none of it will be at issue in the main trial.
And I still keep coming back to a thought that another poster had seen... LE report saying "the last time JJ was seen alive" rather than "the last time he was seen". That may really be something important that we do not know yet.

Folks in Utah-last night there was a sit down interview on KSL with Dr. Erik D. Christensen, M.D. – Chief Medical Examiner in Utah. He talked about exhumation of Tammy and the backlog in Utah for toxicology results. The lead in to this story/interview was that Tammy’s results would be released soon. This pulled me into the room to watch

I just went to look for it to post, and the interview is gone now. Not on the website, not on YouTube. Did anyone else see it? Why would they pull it?
Probably LE will not want that released while LVD is contesting the extradition.

After we have seen the multiple videos from Lori’s older son and the pain he has felt and is feeling; I can’t imagine the pain that Chad’s kids must be feeling. He abandoned them - even though they are adults - for a new marriage and frolicking in the sand. That isn’t where the pain would come from exclusively though. How could they have felt reading about Chad lying about knowing his wife, lying about her phone number, trying to run from the cops... I can’t imagine how confusing this must be for them. How horrifying. My heart goes out to the other victims of this horrifying case.

Yup. Me too, but since I was a housewife for years, my benefits were non existent. So she was entitled to the husbands’ ( any husband of ten years plus) survivor benefits provided she did not remarry before 60.

Apologize for this fly by question for the thread. I noticed the judge called her Ms/Mrs Vallow. therefore, she and Chad aren't legally married, or did she just not change her name (and Perhaps Chad is Mr. Vallow... like her brother took his wife's name when he married her and we have seen the documents of? :p;) )

I agree - they choose September 8 deliberately for all the reasons you stated. Part of the plan.

MOO -Back tracking a bit here and thinking out loud, I think there was a trigger event for Lori. Her thinking became very dark during her January 2019 visit to Kauai. She was described as manic at this point, disorganized. She left abruptly. It’s clear that some sort of plan is being put into motion upon her return.It’s hard to armchair classify her-she could be a sociopath, psychopath or bipolar. There are too many events to be considered coincidental. Screws became loose and then fell out.

She lived like a nomad, as did Alex and maybe now MBP. Lori travels light. Even when things go wrong - police visit in November-they were ready. PREPARED.

I am curious what both her and Alex’s childhoods were like. Two apples like this, it points to something.

And Chad. Does he realize now that all his tales of veils and visions have essentially tumbled into madness? Does he believe his own hype deep inside? Being tolerant of everyone’s beliefs-do the folks behind the AVOW paywall truly support child murder? Surely they must have some skepticism about Chad’s innocence in all of this.

None of this is speculative anymore. Crimes have been committed and potential heinous crimes have been committed. Even those who disagree with our societal norms must certainly agree that you can’t murder children.

Well, IMO there's the "surely Chad could never have believed all or much of this, and assuredly it's all a grab for money" cynical option.

Then again, there's the "friends-on-Dateline" theory, who may be old friends, but they were certainly well aware of and giving credence to Chad believing in Chad's weird "My life as a cemetery sexton" (not its real title); and all of whatever it says about "life from beyond the veil". IIRC, they said this because they said he'd said similar stuff on his missions.

So true! He probably never had his car searched and impounded by LEO. Probably never had to visit Tammy in jail, or talk about bail hearings. Arrange for high priced attorneys.

Boring is right!o_O

Or watch Tammy be handcuffed in front of him. (No offense Tammy!)

i know you are not asking me that question, but it applies to me too. I am VERY curious about the connections to and possible response from the church. Before this case, I never had an idea of the preponderance of the End-of-Days people, activities etc. I was aware of lots of teaching/how to/reasons to do the 72 hour/12 month survival kits. I could see positive reasoning for anyone to consider, actually, but it is so much work! There seems to be are a lot of MLM groups out there marketing them. And there are so many of these specifically marketed as LDS. So that alone, begs the question of "who is just making money" off of fear. So with this specific case, it has been an amazing information gathering exercise, for me anyway. On other sites, the amount of discord, fighting factions, often saying they have more power than the Mainstream LDS. Phrases like "the actual Church will not raise the Warning", and "there are so many heads on this beast because if you cut off one head, two more grow". IF I were Mormon, I think I would really WANT the Church to address it, or speak...not absolutely specifically to the Daybells but to what is happening out there. Everyone wanted/expected the Catholic Church to speak out about sexual abuse...and they have tried. But with the CC, it was really more of a straight forward, "right and wrong". In this case, I would think that the LDS Church has some real problems with how to identify what is "right or wrong", but they must be aware that they could have a lot of concerned and troubled followers. And the abuse of "visions", "callings" to cover up crimes is just downright awful. I feel relatively certain this probably does happen often enough in everyday living within any religious community....but the blatancy of the lies and the coverups are just beyond the pale. I hope the Church will help i guess.........

No; that's an excellent point.

And when you say "the Church", that also reminds me that LOTS of people hope for the Pope to say something in particular publicly about things in dispute in the Catholic Church.

Lots of them.

We certainly don't have to rely upon "what would the Baptists do", especially since I couldn't name you the head of the IFB, for example. :)

If there is one thing I have learned in a decade of following the Knox, Pistorius, Watts, McStay trials amongst others, it is usually futile to deep dive on stuff before the substantive evidence is produced at trial.

Like there has been so much discussion over the jeep shooting, then we find out LE claim very detailed knowledge of the vehicle involved. Will it stack up and what is it based on? That is what we have a trial for!
Yes, you are right on this. But we are all here for a reason, and it is still valuable, interesting, and fun, quite honestly, to try to find out before we do get there... I, for one, was rather bored with the Dateline show, because, we here , KNOW SO MUCH MORE. .. i guess this is just the nature of the sleuthing beast...and why we all like each other, without knowing each other!!!! (in other words, I have never done this before, and find it fascinating!!!!)

I imagine it is hard for all of you that know the ones involved in this case. I hope the truth comes out everywhere sooner than later for all involved.
Cases like this make me, an outsider, even question my impressions or beliefs about people and erase the naivety that exists beforehand which allowed trust. Sadly, I see these situation as similar to those where people are able to hide affairs, devious behaviors etc. Personally, I’ve been shocked into awareness of many people’s so called “double lives”. My naivety is gone. I am glad you and all the insiders are here to help us understand and learn.

@Jankee I am wondering if you can fill in some timeline gaps for me.

From the dateline show we learned that Lori and Tylee were in Hawaii in Jan/feb 2019. From Colby’s interview we learned that LV was at his daughters birth in Feb 2019. From CV’s shooting we learned that Tylee had the bat for when she stayed at her brothers house- Alex. I assumed she was talking about the time frame of Jan/Feb but now I’m not sure. Do you know when Tylee would have stayed with Alex and why?

You are not alone! I've spent countless nights crying, doubting my own ability to "read" people, feeling helpless. Mostly, the sadness, heaviness in my heart is the hardest thing to put in check and go about my daily routine.

When she goes to Idaho is the most likely time for him to disappear. He can easily get a ticket with a stopover and simply leave in a rental car. Or maybe just buy a ticket to South America. Or buy a boat and live off the grid for a few months.

Hawaii is the US, no need to wait for him to travel to Idaho. Just issue an arrest warrant now.
I believe we read upthread (maybe many pages ago) Hawaii will not extradite if the warrant leads to death penalty or life imprisonment. Wisely, LE is not going to press that right now.

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
23h

Replying to
@jlumfox10
WHERE’S TYLEE: RPD searches Lori’s iCloud & found picture of Tylee Ryan at Yellowstone Park on 9/8/19. That is last known sighting of Tylee who went to the park w/ Lori, Alex & JJ. Surveillance there confirms Tylee visited. Also - Chad & Lori flew from LA to Kauai on 12/1.

From Justin's tweet, it seems that this picture of Tylee is from Yellowstone? If so, does that mean a friend of hers was also there? That would potentially mean that nothing nefarious happened to her on this particular trip, or the other girl would have surely noticed/said something.

Or, did he just include a random pic? If so, nevermind. I haven't followed this case in its entirety so apologies if it is just a media pic.

Why did Lori need to hire a babysitter for JJ on 9/19? I think typically Tylee would be available to watch him. The fact that Lori needed a babysitter on 9/19 indicates to me that Tylee was probably gone by at least that date.

So I think Tylee disappeared between 9/8 and 9/18. Although it's certainly possible, I am not of the opinion that it happened on 9/8 - only because JJ was present (I think..) and would have been a witness, and because I think there are many much more remote and secluded places outside the park (unless you are hiking deep back country) than there are inside the park. In addition, I believe the main roads of the park are heavily surveilled.

If JJ however was not present that day, I'd probably feel differently (but would still suggest that if something happened to Tylee that day, it probably happened west of the park). I have driven the road leaving West Yellowstone and heading down the mountains (the route you would take if returning to Rexburg). It is a long, winding, isolated, tiring drive.

Has anybody been able to confirm whether JJ was on the 9/8 trip to the park?

Nate Eaton - Reporter
Lori Daybell was booked into the Kauai Community Correctional Center yesterday afternoon. A woman tells me she spotted Chad Daybell at the First Hawaiian Bank in Princeville around 4:30 p.m. Was he trying to get money to post the $5 million bond? No idea. A defendant is usually required to pay a bail bondsman 10% of the bail amount - so Chad would need $500,000. The bail bondsman then secures the rest of the amount in the form of collateral. If Chad can get the money, Lori could be released - but she can’t leave the US as she would have to turn in her passports (her attorney says she doesn’t have any).
87261711_2925871217433058_7712065365714403328_n.jpg

WHERE’S TYLEE: RPD searches Lori’s iCloud & found picture of Tylee Ryan at Yellowstone Park on 9/8/19. From Justin's tweet, it seems that this picture of Tylee is from Yellowstone? If so, does that mean a friend of hers was also there? That would potentially mean that nothing nefarious happened to her on this particular trip, or the other girl would have surely noticed/said something.

Or, did he just include a random pic? If so, nevermind. I haven't followed this case in its entirety so apologies if it is just a media pic.
RSBM
Based on what Justin said in his comments below the tweet, that was a random pic he had on file. We haven’t seen the Yellowstone pic yet. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks in Utah-last night there was a sit down interview on KSL with Dr. Erik D. Christensen, M.D. – Chief Medical Examiner in Utah. He talked about exhumation of Tammy and the backlog in Utah for toxicology results. The lead in to this story/interview was that Tammy’s results would be released soon. This pulled me into the room to watch

I just went to look for it to post, and the interview is gone now. Not on the website, not on YouTube. Did anyone else see it? Why would they pull it?

I saw it and was going to post it. But it is poof!

Nate Eaton - Reporter
Lori Daybell was booked into the Kauai Community Correctional Center yesterday afternoon. A woman tells me she spotted Chad Daybell at the First Hawaiian Bank in Princeville around 4:30 p.m. Was he trying to get money to post the $5 million bond? No idea. A defendant is usually required to pay a bail bondsman 10% of the bail amount - so Chad would need $500,000. The bail bondsman then secures the rest of the amount in the form of collateral. If Chad can get the money, Lori could be released - but she can’t leave the US as she would have to turn in her passports (her attorney says she doesn’t have any).
87261711_2925871217433058_7712065365714403328_n.jpg
I recall someone mentioning, yesterday, that bondmen in HI were uniting to not serve Chad... was that just "tongue in cheek" and I took it seriously?

From the criminal complaint, it appears that on 11/26 after leaving the town home, RPD tried to contact MG to see if JJ was with her. I assume they left a message.

Also on 11/26 (I assume sometime soon after RPD had left the town home) both Lori and Chad made phone calls to MG asking her to lie to LE (to say that JJ was with her) in the event LE contacted her inquiring about JJ.

Then, after being asked by RPD on 11/26 to follow up, Gilbert PD went to MG's residence, but found she was not home. I assume this visit was on 11/27. Later (that same day?) however, Gilbert PD was able to speak to MG by phone. During the phone conversation, MG reported that JJ was not with her and that he had not been at her residence in several months. But it appears she neglected to mention the calls she'd received from Lori and Chad (possibly) just the night before.

On 12/6 MG finally contacted RPD to report the phone calls she had received from Lori and Chad on 11/26 in which they requested that she lie for them.

Why, during her phone conversation with Gilbert PD on 11/27, did MG not tell them about the phone calls she had received from Lori and Chad (possibly) just the night before? And why did MG wait until 12/6 before reporting the calls to RPD? Talk about delaying investigators in their search for the kids..

I can certainly understand that MG may have been afraid for her safety if she didn't comply with Lori and Chad's request that she lie. But given that MG probably knew LE would eventually learn of the calls, shouldn't she have also been worried about it appearing in the future that she had been complicit in Lori and Chad's deception (and that she also in the future could possibly face obstruction charges)?

Did MG contact RPD when she did because it was the right thing to do, or because she was less (or possibly more?) afraid than she had been on 11/27, or because she realized the ship was starting to take on water?
Maybe MG acquired additional information or advice from other people that made her go to the police. Did she have more contact with Lori?

You know, at this point, when you have missing kids, all possibilities should be explored. After all, based on the search warrant out of Hawaii, they had plane tickets to Mexico. MOO
The plane tickets to Mexico are interesting in light of the fact that during court proceedings Friday, the prosecution asked the court that LVD be required to surrender any passport. Defense counsel responded that LVD has no passport, to which the prosecution responded it would validate that information, then further requested of the court that should she obtain one, it be surrendered. I believe there is a passport agency office on Kauai, but there might be one perceived to be more discreet one located on a quieter Island somewhere.

Doesn't matter what song and dance defense counsel wants to put on, she is absolutely a flight risk, and if she's allowed to flee she will go somewhere and fight extradition wherever she's at and we may never learn the fate of these two children. She's got a long-standing pattern: whenever the self-inflicted consequences of her choices is more than she wants to deal with, she runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member