Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yes then? However, surely sealing has to be done by a LDS official doesn't it?

I'm behind a few pages, apparently I am not alone thinking they snuck off and did their own sealing.

To answer your question. It definitely would not be recognized by the official church.

I think both Chad and Lori think that they are god/goddess, so why would a pesky thing like that stop them? MOO

Hi, a newbie here.

Have lurked from almost the beginning in this thread. But came for reasons that may be slightly different.

By inclination, I'm not a sleuther. I'll probably never go to any other WS threads. I came here because I noticed there was talk about Chad Daybell.

I perked up my ears on this case because over a decade ago I had just finished writing a series of academic papers on Mormon last days beliefs/speculations/ideas, particularly on how these beliefs might relate to current-day politics and ideas about particular places within the world. I happened to notice that Daybell was apparently just beginning to be involved in this much older genre. One of my most enlightening tasks (and discouraging at the same time, as someone who has never been into this stuff), was to compare LDS novels about the end times to evangelical Christian novels about the same topic (particularly the Left Behind series).

I never ended up reading Daybell, as that particular episode of my academic career ended just before I noticed his involvement in these kinds of things. I had thought that the most significant thing that would emerge from this genre was the election of Chris Stewart as a US congressperson from Utah. Stewart, unlike Daybell, was generally accepted within mainstream Mormonism (he had the imprimatur of Deseret Book, for example) and his series of novels about the last days seems to have been one of the things (in addition to his Air Force career) that put him on the map for election from Utah. Unfortunately, this Daybell case now is a second case where these last-days writings for an LDS audience helped to propel someone to greater fame.

I will stress that I am not an insider in this particular missing-children/etc case. My interest comes from three things:

a) being someone with social science/humanistic training who has long been interested in applying this training to understanding the LDS community

b) being an active LDS member

c) having some proximity to many of the places involved through life experience (Arizona, Utah, Hawaii, Idaho), though nothing that would give me any personal insight into the people involved in this case

I've been impressed by the discussion here on Websleuths, particularly in sorting out some of the distinctive LDS elements that may provide context to the case. I've seen many discussions elsewhere in which people on the differing sides of the LDS/non-LDS divide are unable to productively listen and talk to each other. Thankfully, that hasn't been the case here.

I do occasionally have a slightly different perspective than some of the other LDS commenters here, and so while I don't expect to be a frequent commenter, there are some things that have been floating around the discussion (esp. today) that I'd like to give my perspective on. So if you're not interested in this type of perspective, please just ignore me from now on.

BBM. I notice some temples rent clothes. Could she just rent something appropriate?
Yes, not everyone wears their wedding dress to be sealed in, however the garments that one wears after being endowed, prior to sealing would prohibit a lot of Lori's clothing standards... no midrift, nothing above the knee, no low cut... no shoulders showing... all of that would be outside the standards of the garment as it's a lot like a t shirt and knee length shorts in covering. Some choose to ignore wearing them and stop doing so if it cramps their style, even if they aren't supposed to.

I'm being prompted to write that when KW said the last time she face-timed with JJ, it was clear that someone was giving off-screen prompts for him to end the call very quickly, which he did. This prompts me to believe that these off-screen promptings were to keep him from revealing something...like just the move to Idaho, or...what?

Btw, I'd like an answer to my question...and I mean promptly.

Last edited:
I just realized why it seems such a foreign concept to me. For background: I'm a non-denominational Christian (I've been in several different churches over the years) currently living in the Southeast US. In my religious circles it wouldn't be at all strange to hear someone say "I feel like God is leading me to do X" or "I've prayed about it and I feel lead to do X" but it's never acceptable (at least in my culture) for someone to tell another person outright "God told me to tell you that you should do X". I would run the other way from anyone who says something like that. They are either putting themselves in the place of God or claiming to have some special revelation about MY personal situation without me even asking their opinion? No way. I simply can't wrap my mind around why Jessica was so easily drawn in by a man telling her that he was "prompted" to tell her she should come work for him. I agree, tresir2012, that this prompting stuff sounds like a way to get others to do what you want under a cloak of spirituality.

Posting links for reference in case anyone is lost on what we are discussing:

A look at the religious circle surrounding Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

Exactly.

Pretty sure my husband (most husbands) would know better than to tell me that he was prompted to tell me (...or anyone) to stop playing FarmVille (or Websleuths....or anything.) He knows I'd laugh, because he would obviously be joking.

That's the cool thing abut promptings -- they're for you, not for the rest of the people. You get a prompting, and you get a prompting and you get a prompting! And that's how three people get promptings. Feel free to sit around doing nothing (or actively disregarding if you prefer) until you seek your own guidance and receive your very own personal prompting. I don't have that many original ideas, so sometimes my personal promptings align with others, but again, these are personal experiences.

I honestly think that job offer was posed in a somewhat abusive way (as was the FarmVille prompting.). Phrasing it that way suggested that the job-seeker (or the FarmVille player) was off base if she didn't receive the same prompting.

So, out of curiosity; if Chad had actually said something like "I felt led to offer you this job", you would still think it weird?

You didn't ask me, but I think that phrasing is exactly the same.

Hi, a newbie here.

Have lurked from almost the beginning in this thread. But came for reasons that may be slightly different.

By inclination, I'm not a sleuther. I'll probably never go to any other WS threads. I came here because I noticed there was talk about Chad Daybell.

I perked up my ears on this case because over a decade ago I had just finished writing a series of academic papers on Mormon last days beliefs/speculations/ideas, particularly on how these beliefs might relate to current-day politics and ideas about particular places within the world. I happened to notice that Daybell was apparently just beginning to be involved in this much older genre. One of my most enlightening tasks (and discouraging at the same time, as someone who has never been into this stuff), was to compare LDS novels about the end times to evangelical Christian novels about the same topic (particularly the Left Behind series).

I never ended up reading Daybell, as that particular episode of my academic career ended just before I noticed his involvement in these kinds of things. I had thought that the most significant thing that would emerge from this genre was the election of Chris Stewart as a US congressperson from Utah. Stewart, unlike Daybell, was generally accepted within mainstream Mormonism (he had the imprimatur of Deseret Book, for example) and his series of novels about the last days seems to have been one of the things (in addition to his Air Force career) that put him on the map for election from Utah. Unfortunately, this Daybell case now is a second case where these last-days writings for an LDS audience helped to propel someone to greater fame.

I will stress that I am not an insider in this particular missing-children/etc case. My interest comes from three things:

a) being someone with social science/humanistic training who has long been interested in applying this training to understanding the LDS community

c) having some proximity to many of the places involved through life experience (Arizona, Utah, Hawaii, Idaho), though nothing that would give me any personal insight into the people involved in this case

I've been impressed by the discussion here on Websleuths, particularly in sorting out some of the distinctive LDS elements that may provide context to the case. I've seen many discussions elsewhere in which people on the differing sides of the LDS/non-LDS divide are unable to productively listen and talk to each other. Thankfully, that hasn't been the case here.

I do occasionally have a slightly different perspective than some of the other LDS commenters here, and so while I don't expect to be a frequent commenter, there are some things that have been floating around the discussion (esp. today) that I'd like to give my perspective on. So if you're not interested in this type of perspective, please just ignore me from now on.

I'm glad you were prompted or moved to comment. :) I'm curious what you have to say and eagerly awaiting your perspectives. MOO.

So - the concept of Lori and Chad having the marriage "sealed" has been promoted by one (or both) of them, in order to give their message and their posturing more importance? "Because our marriage was sealed, everything that we are preaching to you is true, and real, and straight from God."
Is that it?

Tylee is young beautiful and blonde, they probably kept her and married her off, does anyone else think this is possible? Why would they have let the dog go and not get rid of him too ?

My best guess. Most dogs have tracking chips installed. I am betting this one definitely had a chip installed. If the dog was with JJ, and they were both alive, Police would have already found them. I wish that would have happened. MOO

My best guess. Most dogs have tracking chips installed. I am betting this one definitely had a chip installed. If the dog was with JJ, and they were both alive, Police would have already found them. I wish that would have happened. MOO
Dog's microchip is not GPS device. It needs to be scanned by a scanner with a dog present. You are not going to be able to remotely find the dog just because the dog is microchipped.
"Pet microchips are not tracking devices and do not work like global positioning devices (GPS). They are radio-frequency identification (RFID) implants that provide permanent ID for your pet."
Pet Microchip FAQs | Petfinder

Thank you for posting. I know so little about the LDS’s beliefs. There seems to be such a focus on the end of times, LDS-type novels, sealed marriages, etc. LDS forum members have been very good about educating us.

Hi, a newbie here.

That's the official stance of the Church. When you go down the rabbit hole though, that doesn't seem to be as apparent. It has to do with a lot of different moving parts. You have contradictions depending on whose account you read, missing scriptures, added scriptures, the hole goes deep. lol

You start looking into it we may not see you for a week or two.

- MOO

Nobody has seen ANYONE who is following this case since December 23, 2019. We are not missing, we're just present elsewhere.

BINGO! I thought the same thing when I saw those coordinates. GO Kauai peeps! I seriously have to get to this island someday.

I've been to Hawaii but not Kauai, and this case has done nothing but give me a big case of the promptings to go. :cool::p:D

Wishing an old school friend of Lori's would come out of the woodwork and share their memories of knowing her growing up. I cannot believe she suddenly changed in these last years - her personality would be the same as it always was. The only thing we can't take away from her is her physical looks - she is a good looking woman and I think she used this to her advantage from an early age.

I can tell you from personal experience, highly functional BPD women are chameleons. My family thought I was over exaggerating for years about the domestic abuse I was going through. She was a master of putting on a mask in public, and that's who people thought she was.

They know how to act in public, and how to use that to their advantage. That mask only starts to slip when you live with that person on an extended basis. It's downright scary.

It would not surprise me that her oldest son was brainwashed, and thought that their home life was perfectly normal. It is a very destructive environment to be around.

These people use brainwashing tactics on their victims, and it is extremely effective.

MOO

That's the official stance of the Church. When you go down the rabbit hole though, that doesn't seem to be as apparent. It has to do with a lot of different moving parts. You have contradictions depending on whose account you read, missing scriptures, added scriptures, the hole goes deep. lol

You start looking into it we may not see you for a week or two.

- MOO
ha! Thanks for the "perfect visual" for me....and for the opportunity for a real laugh!!!

It was in the group text message LVD sent the boys. I am attaching just the one page that CV's son pleads for LVD to call him back. I understand CR was lied to about a number of things going back as far as early 2019 (possibly further) in regards to the relationship between LVD & CV. I understand he was also lied to as to what happened when CV was shot. It may not have been CR's responsibility to inform CV's 2 other son's what happened, but they were his step-brothers, and since one of them called him and LV was not returning calls to me it would have been the right thing to do. That's my only point and if it were me I'd have certainly stepped up. Yes, I absolutely think CR was a victim in this and my heart breaks for him. I imagine he is suffering from terrible guilt blaming himself in some small way, if he would have done this, done that, not believed Lori's lies he could have possibly prevented things. I just thank God he was not sucked into this madness or he, his wife and baby girl could be missing too. JMHO and I hope it's ok to share this text, they were posted in news reports, so they are public knowledge.

Thanks, I do remember reading that one now that you post it. I believe it's OK to post as long as we link to the MSM source. Here's the link: Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

To me, the son calling CR and CR not answering the phone isn't the same thing as CR not calling them back. There are many reason not to answer a phone call. However, now that I read that again the son says first that he hasn't heard from Colby or Tylee, as if it would be normal to hear from them on other days/with other situations. I wonder if Lori had told Colby and Tylee something to isolate all the kids from one another? It seems like that was her pattern-- keep people separated and they can't compare the stories they've been told. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste