Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the FBI is involved because of multiple jurisdictions and missing children, can local LEOs request Con Air delivery?
I read where they DO assist State govts, so it's possible. I don't think she is so notorious as to garner her own flight, such as what Michael Avenatti got. My money is on a commercial flight, I guess we'll see soon enough! :D

Sociopathy, is likely the product of childhood trauma and physical, emotional abuse. Because sociopathy appears to be learned rather than innate, sociopaths are capable of empathy in certain limited circumstances but not in others, and with a few individuals but not others.

Most serial killers are survivors of childhood trauma.

Most killers of children are also survivors of childhood trauma.

Lori is obviously responsible for some heinous acts. I see no remorse in her. People are not born this way but become this way through their environment. Unless she has brain damage?

It would be very unusual for her to be a killer and not have suffered some sort of abuse, neglect, or trauma during her childhood.

Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)

And your niece did not turn out to be a murderer; there are other factors at play; however, making this sort of statement does admit that environmental factors are at play. Childhood trauma is a very good indicator of issues later in life. Very few murderers had a good upbringing without any sort of serious stressor, childhood abuse or neglect.

Please do not correlate ACEs with sociopathy or violent adult behavior. It's a stigma I run into a lot and it sucks to have people assume that. I have an ACEs score of 7 out of 8 and I do not have a violent bone in my body. ACEs can cause a increased chance of health issues as an adult, such as COPD and diabetes. It can increase the chances that an adult will be the victim of violent crime or human trafficking. It increases likelihood of suicidal ideation, depression, anxiety, and PTSD. There is no direct causal link between high ACEs scores and violent, sociopathic behavior.

Yes, childhood trauma and abuse can cause a person to become a sociopath or a psychopath. But ACEs and childhood trauma are not the same thing. ACEs measure things like parents having mental illness, a parent that is incarcerated, not having access to adequate food, etc. They're childhood adversities and are not always traumatic.

I suffered severe abuse and trauma from a young age. I'm not a sociopath. I'm actually an empath with severe complex PTSD, fibromyalgia, ADHD, anxiety, PCOS and depression (all of which are a result of said abuse).

I think people on this forum have been throwing around mental health/mental illness speculation a little too freely and it seems to have a tendency to go along with incorrect stereotypes or just flat out incorrect information about various mental illnesses. JMO.

(I am not attacking you or anything and I am def not defending Lori or Chad or anyone else who has done wrong. I just feel very strongly about this and have experienced first hand the discrimination that can come about due to belief in incorrect information about mental illnesses.)

One point Dempey made last week in court regarding the fact LV wasn't a flight risk was because she had a residence (rented or otherwise). Since then Chad cancelled the lease and has reportedly been staying in a hotel. So, today that "she has a residence" is no longer valid. Despite the fact Hawaii doesn't usually set such high bail amounts... What other logical legal points are there to argue to reduce the bail amount??

Hi all , just thinking about this case and it hit me...could Chads "visions" have involved an eruption at Yellowstone ? Hence the kids being placed there as some kind of offering....know it sounds crazy but ...they are crazy
This case just keeps getting crazier by the day. All this stuff about the doomsday cult they were obviously creating is CRAZY.

How did they enter Yellowstone with Tylee and J.J., then leave with just J.J., and no one, not even J.J., was alarmed?? He's out playing in front of the house two weeks later?

It may just be an arbitrary date that is back far enough to be sure to get whatever is pertinent, but imagine if there is something from back in August? Not Lori so much, but Chad or (even more so) both of them. If they'd stayed there together or even in separate rooms, but at the same time, that would seem to indicate something. MOO.
IMO. Because there is an open case for CV's homicide which occurred in July? Just a guess.

Can she say something if she gets verified?
Thanks but it is just something I came across in sleuthing but on Reddit and Facebook. I don't have any insider links to anyone. But this information was sent to Justin and Nate. It explains a question we were asking. LE has to know about this connection. As it seems relevant to Time Line.

Hmmm... A hard no. By all accounts, she was a good mother to Colby and Tylee up until 2018 when she thought she was god and flipped out. There is no evidence at all of any trauma to her besides the normal life events that many people experience.
The same could have been said about Ted Bundy and countless other serial killers.

Thanks but it is just something I came across in sleuthing but on Reddit and Facebook. I don't have any insider links to anyone. But this information was sent to Justin and Nate. It explains a question we were asking. LE has to know about this connection. As it seems relevant to Time Line.

BBM. What's the question we were asking?

Not only he lied, he asked others to lie to police for him. Lying to his own parents that Lori didn't have minor kids seemed strange. What was the purpose of that?
Well, he wasn't lying that time? The plan was apparently, to dispose of them before the blissful blessings of taking their vows on the beach in paradise, and the dirty deeds were done... dirt cheap.

Another hard no. Showing no remorse would be signs of a sociopath. "Born that way" That said, the high rate of murders in our inner cities is a complete different set of circumstances, ie: drug dealing gang members, often in the section 8 areas with single parent homes. So yeah, those are dysfunctional. Those folks don't generally disappear their paycheck tho, aka their kids.
Psychopathy is related to a physiological defect that results in the underdevelopment of the part of the brain responsible for impulse control and emotions. Sociopathy, on the other hand, is more likely the product of childhood trauma and physical, emotional abuse.

BBM

How to Tell a Sociopath from a Psychopath

I'd like to think the judge is aware of a lot of details about the case that we as the public are not privy too. The current charges are serious enough to hold her. Since it's common knowledge the bail will likely be reduced in ID, and it appears she will be extradited very soon, I don't see it being dropped a dime.
Let's hope so; however, i believe judges are only allowed to take into consideration the evidence presented, not other things that they are aware of.

The same could have been said about Ted Bundy and countless other serial killers.
So are you saying Chad had a trauma filled childhood as well? Do you not see how he is neck deep and implicated in the murders and conspiracies to commit more?

I think greed and lust were bigger influences to these creeps than any kiddy trauma.

Now that I look at it closely the reporter's facial expressions (of confusion and disbelief at what Chad is saying/not saying) are wonderful as well (my comments/observations below):

View attachment 234664

Are the kids OK? Do I see a smirk from Chad? Duper's delight?

View attachment 234665

Chad continues his poker-faced expression while Marcus stares him down...

View attachment 234666

Then Chad inexplicably offers his hand to Marcus and Marcus looks confused as to why he is shaking his hand... (I'm confused too Marcus!)

View attachment 234667

Marcus still in a state of confusion and concern, inquisitively asks --anything you want to say about your wife? Chad continues his grimace/poker face expression where he pulls his lips inward-- sign of a bluff or holding back, IMO.

View attachment 234669

"Just grateful for any support... " What support are you talking about Chad? Do you think Marcus is a fan of yours? Is that why you shook his hand? :confused:o_O:rolleyes:

"We just have to wait for the legal process to work through." Uh, Chad? No you don't. You could tell where the kids are and this would go away more quickly. You could urge Lori to confess and confess yourself if you had a part in any crimes. Justice would be swift but there might be some mercy in it for you and Lori. But "waiting" for the legal process makes it sound like you have no choice and no options. Very clever there Chad. Nice try. We see through you. The Emperor Has No Clothes. MOO.

Good Morning America on Twitter

Couple of reactions to this

1. I think the handshake is an attempt to end the interview. He does the same thing with part opening the car door (barrier/exit). He is trying to exit an uncomfortable situation, but lacks the assertiveness just to say so

2. He appears to lack confidence. Doesn't speak clearly. Not assertive.

Apart from the bizarreness of the failure to answer re the kids, I get the impression of someone way out of his depth.

How did they enter Yellowstone with Tylee and J.J., then leave with just J.J., and no one, not even J.J., was alarmed?? He's out playing in front of the house two weeks later?

To be clear, LE hasn't said that they saw them leave without Tylee. They said only that Tylee hasn't been seen since. That could mean that they don't have a camera that caught them leaving Yellowstone or whatever picture they got wasn't sufficient for them to see everyone in the car, so they don't know. We've theorized that she might not have left Yellowstone since it apparently can't be proven for sure one way or another. MOO

I could certainly see that he wasn’t as confident without Lori.

100% agree

I think you can see dear Chad's natural reaction is to be open / conversational - which places him at a big disadvantage with an aggressive journalist because his oral skills are just not up to the situation.

He appears apologetic, lacks any assertiveness in his statements.

This is a man in deep *advertiser censored*

Certainly most survivors of childhood trauma do not go on to become killers; however, killers do seem to have experienced quite a great deal of childhood trauma. Even if she did, she is not excused from what she does. Trauma can lead to mental illness and criminal activity and there are studies on its prevalence based upon how much is experienced in life. Indeed, the changes for mental illness, drug abuse, criminal activity, disease, etc. go up the more adverse experiences a child has. The goal is to better understand Lori; not to dismiss her actions. In better understanding her unconscious motivations, we can begin to think about what she would do with the children. There's way more than "she is a spoiled brat who is used to things being handed to her." If that is our only guideline, we would never understand her behavior.

Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
I’m not disputing what you’re saying as I’ve read quite a lot about it and understand that it’s true. However there’s a lot of people that have gone through abuse, childhood trauma and some pretty horrific life changing events that don’t go on to become killers. Even those who haven’t accessed counselling and therapy. They may be scarred by the events that happened to them but they still function, work and become good parents without furthering the abuse cycle.

To me and IMO it’s too easy to say that she may have MH issues, may have suffered abuse as it justifies or excuses her actions. We all make choices and have to face the consequences of our actions. What makes some survivors of abuse killers when it doesn’t to others? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member