Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so sad for all the Daybell children because they've got the wool pulled right over their eyes. It wasn't the aunt (on either side: Tammy's sister or Matt's wife) that was calling for the further investigation into the suspicious death. They may have raised suspicions, but in the end it was Gilbert PD who called about Tammy's death because Lori, Alex, and Chad (as is evident by his helping at the storage unit Oct 2) played a part in shooting Lori's nephew Brandon. Police were looking into it, Brandon mentioned Chad Daybell. Tammy died during the Gilbert PD investigation. Gilbert PD called Fremont County. All the Daybell kids are crying unfair exhumation. As the Springville City cemetery spokesman mentioned on the news a few nights ago, it was all above board, witnesses and everything. Notice was not required because it would have hindered the investigation. Sorry it happened to cause grief to the Daybell children.

Indeed, Lori's attorneys are googling their defense as fast as they can. Once/ and if this goes Federal, and I think it will, they will be buried. I don't see this team lasting till May 21.

ETA: Perhaps there is a Youtube tutorial for Federal cases. :)
I agree. I think they are going to realize they are in over their head....when more charges come, when they begin to see the discovery evidence and when realize first hand their client isn't capable of honesty and is perhaps delusional. I realize they may not ask her if the children are alive, but once she is caught lying to them, they will be in a weak position to defend her. Defense attorneys are best when they know the truth. Sadly this case is prime for a celebrity pro bono lawyer - I hope that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
So how many days is Chad caught on storage cam? Was he putting the kids stuff in the units too?
Chad was there on Oct 2, Oct 28 putting bikes in the unit, and Nov 24 placing the last Home Depot box full of the kids' stuff! Yes, he was there and knew of the existence of the kids. No doubt.

Garna Mejia KSL on Twitter
#UPDATE: #LoriVallow’s attorney, Mark Means, response to disqualify #JudgeEddins saying he is presiding over #Vallow’s civil child protection action which poses a “conflict.”
@KSL5TV

Funny they both quote the same code section but Means puts the “...” in his motion leaving out parts not helpful to his cause. Then of course now they claim conflict. Bloody amateurs.

Here is the full code section:

(2) Time for Filing. A motion for disqualification without cause must be filed within seven days after service of a written notice setting the action for status conference, pre-trial conference, trial or for hearing on the first contested motion, or within 14 days after the service of a written notice specifying who the presiding judge or magistrate to the action will be, whichever occurs first. The motion must be filed before the commencement of a status conference, a pre-trial conference, a contested proceeding or trial in the action.

Last edited:
If any of them were to be extradited to AZ, this is one of the times I wish Joe Arpiao’s tents city jail was still open. Although, I have heard that Maricopa County jails are pretty bad in general. CD would have a tough time in the tent city jail. Unless...this is the tent city he had visions of and gathering people.

Garna Mejia KSL on Twitter
#UPDATE: #LoriVallow’s attorney, Mark Means, response to disqualify #JudgeEddins saying he is presiding over #Vallow’s civil child protection action which poses a “conflict.”
@KSL5TV

From Gardener yesterday: "From the link, the documents filed: https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com...cation-Pursuant-to-Idaho-Criminal-Rule-25.pdf"

I'm confused. The paperwork filed by Attorney Means yesterday was to disqualify the judge without cause. Today Means is saying the judge should be disqualified because the judge is "biased or prejudiced." Which is it, without cause or due to bias? If the motion filed yesterday to disqualify without cause is the law (again, from Gardener yesterday: Idaho Criminal Rule 25: I.C.R. 25. Disqualification of Judge. | Supreme Court) why not just stick with the motion filed yesterday? Why bother with a new motion to accomplish the same thing?

I agree. I think they are going to realize they are in over their head....when more charges come, when they begin to see the discovery evidence and when realize first hand their client isn't capable of honesty and is perhaps delusional. I realize they may not ask her if the children are alive, but once she is caught lying to them, they will be in a weak position to defend her. Defense attorneys are best when they know the truth. Sadly this case is prime for a celebrity pro bono lawyer - I hope that doesn't happen.
It seems like the failed attempt to murder Brandon is what really connected the dots for LE on what was going on. I wonder if that attempt didn’t happen if we would be discussing this case at all right now? MOO

From Gardener yesterday: "From the link, the documents filed: https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com...cation-Pursuant-to-Idaho-Criminal-Rule-25.pdf"

I'm confused. The paperwork filed by Attorney Means yesterday was to disqualify the judge without cause. Today Means is saying the judge should be disqualified because the judge is "biased or prejudiced." Which is it, without cause or due to bias? If the motion filed yesterday to disqualify without cause is the law (again, from Gardener yesterday: Idaho Criminal Rule 25: I.C.R. 25. Disqualification of Judge. | Supreme Court) why not just stick with the motion filed yesterday? Why bother with a new motion to accomplish the same thing?
The prosecutors objected on the basis that they were out of time for the 'without cause' motion because the matter was already contested by that date. So defense responded with a new filing for disqualification 'with cause'.

Just one more time I hate being right. Though... let me think David M. Hunt is the other possible magistrate judge in Rexburg. Brand new guy too (appointed Nov 2019).

Hmm. Brand new guy, so possibly not as battle hardened as the more experienced judge. Wonder if they know that and it is part of their thinking. (Assuming the judge isn't involved with AVOW, et al.) But as has been pointed out, this is just for the preliminary hearing. Odds of it not going to the next step seem slim, regardless of who the judge is.

MOO

I think it would be wonderful if the judge sets a hearing and let’s them argue the contested motions. If Lori is paying a flat fee it eats into her counsels time and if she’s paying by the hour, better yet! Oh the joy of watching the defense attorneys flail around trying to prove her so called “innocence”.

Hmm. Brand new guy, so possibly not as battle hardened as the more experienced judge. Wonder if they know that and it is part of their thinking. (Assuming the judge isn't involved with AVOW, et al.) But as has been pointed out, this is just for the preliminary hearing. Odds of it not going to the next step seem slim, regardless of who the judge is.

MOO
Also, Bartholick interviewed for the same position and wasn't appointed. If they do go that route, will Bartholick have to recuse himself as Chad's atty.?

Hah. So one mystery solved. Alex couldn't be in two places at once. But he was not on video on Oct 2nd. It was Chad in the locker on Oct 2nd, not Alex. So Melani's lawyer who claimed Melani recognized Alex as the man on video in the locker better think again of what he is saying.
"A closer look at enhanced video recently obtained by EastIdahoNews.com shows it likely wasn’t Cox but Chad Daybell, her now-husband, based on the man’s walk, looks and mannerisms."
Enhanced video shows who visited Lori Daybell's storage unit the same day her relative was shot at in Arizona | East Idaho News

2 Oct 2019, 1:28 pm – Lori returns to her Rexburg storage unit with a man (Possibly Alex) in a white Ford F-150 that matches the description of AC’s truck (East Idaho News).

Is the latest report from Nate enough to change the timeline for the next revision? It seems we know now on Oct 2 she was in her Nissan Rogue and not the F-150, it was likely Chad, and the timestamp on the camera was wrong, it was 2:28.

ETA: Also Oct 1, Oct 6, Oct 16...not as significant as the events on Oct 2 but we have reason to believe the timestamps in the timeline might be incorrect by 1 hour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member