Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I've listened to CR's interview, this struck me indeed - wouldn't the first question to your siblings and mother who came by to say farewell before moving be "Where are you going?" At least town..? He said he did not talk much to his mother in the past few months, but I can't imagine not asking her when she is standing right in front of him and he knows they are moving from the town. JMO
This has also always struck me as odd, but I have rationalized this, as much of Lori’s relationships, as completely dysfunctional. Why were no questions ever asked of Colby regarding his maternal grandparents and normal uncle (Lori’s other brother) during his interviews? There were clearly boundaries set either by LE and Colby or both. Why? Something is very wrong in Lori’s family and nobody is talking. At all.

Also, why can’t Alex’s employer be named? I can’t see what difference it would make and might actually help find the kids if we could narrow down routes and States. How regularly was Alex even working? A search shows he sold a home in AZ in around 2017. Not sure if that was profit or loss for him. Was he living on this money? Did the Rexburg Townhomes do any background checks on anyone?

About Lori’s statements to LE in November when they first showed up asking about the kids: She told them they were with the actual person who called in the complaint – KW – and someone who she had avoided talking to for months. It takes a lot of arrogance to think they would just accept that and not follow up – but then again, history might have emboldened her. The investigation into CV’s death was a joke but LE pretty much took Lori at her word. So, maybe she really thought she could bluff her way out. When it didn’t work, she (and Chad) tried to get MG to cover for her.

Here’s my question: why not just say the kids were with HER parents? Surely she’d have a better chance of them lying for her than MG.

There’s something off here. I understand that LE have likely checked all of Lori’s relatives’ homes by now – but what if they couldn’t find some of them? What if they are MIA due to their own legal problems?
It was Alex (conveniently now dead) who said JJ was with KW. Chad said he saw JJ in apartment 107 (Alex's ) in October and Lori said he was with MG at the movie Frozen. Both Chad and Lori rang MG to say he was with her. When LE finally got hold of her she said he had not been at her house for a couple of months, which would be September. So hopefully Chad has now been questioned further about his sighting of JJ in October. That seems to now be the last sighting of JJ.

I can't believe iv'e only just started following this case over the past few day's, This is absoutley freaking nuts! wish i had started following a long time ago. That alex guy using his sisters credit card after she died in 1998 aswell what the hell this is beyond creepy, who knows just how far back and how deep into other family members this goes.

She could maintain that and it would be up to the jury to decide what happened based on the totality of the evidence the state puts on. The state can challenge her, using ballistics experts and timings and diagrams, and using all the statements made at the time. So if she tries to change something in her story (commonly referred to as tailoring) it will not be credible unless she has a very convincing argument as to why she changed her story for example. The video of her laughing when she returned to the scene is another damning piece of the puzzle. What did she do as regards the mcdonalds breakfast she told Charles to get for JJ for example? Is that another errand she ran increasing the time Alex did not calll 911? Is that why she wanted her purse, seconds after she saw Charles shot to death, and if so that is quite the cool and quick calculation. Where was Bailey?

So many questions. MOO
I think Bailey must have been in the car with JJ when CV first took him out to the car before he returned for his phone. I am guessing Bailey went to school with JJ. We also know that JJ didn't realise what had happened to his father which supports him and Bailey possibly being in the car. Then Tylee and Lori going out to the car to take him to school presumably getting breakfast on the way. JMO.

This has also always struck me as odd, but I have rationalized this, as much of Lori’s relationships, as completely dysfunctional. Why were no questions ever asked of Colby regarding his maternal grandparents and normal uncle (Lori’s other brother) during his interviews? There were clearly boundaries set either by LE and Colby or both. Why? Something is very wrong in Lori’s family and nobody is talking. At all.

Also, why can’t Alex’s employer be named? I can’t see what difference it would make and might actually help find the kids if we could narrow down routes and States. How regularly was Alex even working? A search shows he sold a home in AZ in around 2017. Not sure if that was profit or loss for him. Was he living on this money? Did the Rexburg Townhomes do any background checks on anyone?
It has been stated who he worked for but I have forgotten. I'll try and Google to see if it rings a bell. He was doing routes across several states IIRC.

Anyone remember this news report from Feb 4 2020 ?

" Chandler police say the evidence points to self-defense, but acknowledge the situation remains under investigation. "We have various pieces of evidence we still have to go through," said Sgt. Jason McClimans."

"In our police report and in our investigation at this point, we are not aware of any motive or any financial thing with Lori Vallow, with regard to our case," said McClimans.

CBS 5 Investigates Exclusive: Charles Vallow had 'substantial' life insurance policy

So, it appears (sometime between Feb 4 and few days ago) they discovered evidence to indict Lori soon? I'm glad but it sure is strange. (IMO)
Perhaps they thought she knew beforehand she was no longer the beneficiary as they were separated. They say they were "not aware" of any financial motive. Perhaps they checked the policy and found Lori was not the beneficiary and thought that meant no financial motive. What it actually meant was she had what she believed, at the time, to be a financial motive till she discovered the beneficiary change after Charles was dead.

Anyone remember this news report from Feb 4 2020 ?

" Chandler police say the evidence points to self-defense, but acknowledge the situation remains under investigation. "We have various pieces of evidence we still have to go through," said Sgt. Jason McClimans."

"In our police report and in our investigation at this point, we are not aware of any motive or any financial thing with Lori Vallow, with regard to our case," said McClimans.

CBS 5 Investigates Exclusive: Charles Vallow had 'substantial' life insurance policy

So, it appears (sometime between Feb 4 and few days ago) they discovered evidence to indict Lori soon? I'm glad but it sure is strange. (IMO)

The tragic irony of AxC’s self defense claim is that it was in CV’s home. That alone paints a picture of disgust for me as to how he and his sister operate. A man’s home is his castle, yet CV is not alive to fight back. Terribly sad. MOO

Perhaps they thought she knew beforehand she was no longer the beneficiary as they were separated. They say they were "not aware" of any financial motive. Perhaps they checked the policy and found Lori was not the beneficiary and thought that meant no financial motive. What it actually meant was she had what she believed, at the time, to be a financial motive till she discovered the beneficiary change after Charles was dead.

I feel quite certain Kay shared the text message she received (late July) from Lori, “Five kids and no money and his sister gets everything” with Chandler police before Feb 2020... which indicates Lori was surprised/angered by the fact she was not the recipient. Thus, I believe Sgt McClimans of Chandler PD should have known before Feb 4, 2020 there was certainly indication of financial motive. Again, that's jmo.

I feel quite certain Kay shared the text message she received (late July) from Lori, “Five kids and no money and his sister gets everything” with Chandler police before Feb 2020... which indicates Lori was surprised/angered by the fact she was not the recipient. Thus, I believe Sgt McClimans of Chandler PD should have known before Feb 4, 2020 there was certainly indication of financial motive. Again, that's jmo.
I guess you don't have a link stating KW shared that info before 4 Feb 2020. I cannot remember when we became aware of that text. It does appear Chandler LE may have changed there mind based on the recent email we have seen though.

I guess you don't have a link stating KW shared that info before 4 Feb 2020. I cannot remember when we became aware of that text. It does appear Chandler LE may have changed there mind based on the recent email we have seen though.
ETA here is one link about the email. I'll see if I can find the link to the actual copy of the email also.

LEAKED email shows police ‘getting closer’ to charging ‘Cult Mom’ Lori Vallow in shooting death of ex-husband

Here is the link to Justin Lum tweet showing the email.

Justin Lum Fox 10 (@jlumfox10) on Twitter

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
Mar 26

EXCLUSIVE: Email obtained from Chandler PD detective says investigators “are getting closer to getting Lori indicted for her involvement in Charles (Vallow’s) death.” It’s been 8 months since he was shot & killed by LV’s brother Alex Cox who claimed self-defense. Cox died 12/12.

Show this thread

I have also found the link about when the "5 kids and no money text" went public. This is dated 12th Feb which is after the 4th Feb police statement that states no financial motive.

‘5 KIDS & NO Money and HIS SISTER GETS EVERYTHING!’ ‘Cult’ mom Lori Vallow’s FURIOUS TEXT after discovering she loses MILLION DOLLAR LIFE INSURANCE ON DEAD HUBBY [Exclusive] | News Break

Last edited:
I have a question about Charles and Lori Vallow's business. I found their web page on the Internet Archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20181028175810/https://www.riteplanninggroup.com/

And it lists offices in California, Texas, and Hawaii. The two phone numbers given are Hawaii and a mobile in Orange County, CA. Does anyone know who what was in CA?
This was Charles insurance/retirement planning business AFAIK. He travelled a lot with it which could explain the three separate offices and phone numbers.

Last edited:
This was Charles insurance/retirement planning business AFAIK. He travelled a lot with it which could explain the three separate offices and phone numbers.

Right. Curiously, I'm having a hard time finding any business registrations for R.I.T.E Planning Group. All the businesses come up under Charles's variant names (Leland Charles Vallow, Charles Leland Vallow, Leland Anthony "Charles" Vallow) are defunct.

The divorce papers mentioned "contract representatives" in CA that were owed $22K and were evidently stiffed out of it. It seems odd than none of them have gone after Lori for their money. I wonder what other assets Lori and Charles held jointly that could have been part of a financial motive, what the name of the jointly owned company was, and where it was registered. And does she have access to that money now.

ETA here is one link about the email. I'll see if I can find the link to the actual copy of the email also.

LEAKED email shows police ‘getting closer’ to charging ‘Cult Mom’ Lori Vallow in shooting death of ex-husband

Here is the link to Justin Lum tweet showing the email.

Justin Lum Fox 10 (@jlumfox10) on Twitter

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
Mar 26

EXCLUSIVE: Email obtained from Chandler PD detective says investigators “are getting closer to getting Lori indicted for her involvement in Charles (Vallow’s) death.” It’s been 8 months since he was shot & killed by LV’s brother Alex Cox who claimed self-defense. Cox died 12/12.

Show this thread

I have also found the link about when the "5 kids and no money text" went public. This is dated 12th Feb which is after the 4th Feb police statement that states no financial motive.

‘5 KIDS & NO Money and HIS SISTER GETS EVERYTHING!’ ‘Cult’ mom Lori Vallow’s FURIOUS TEXT after discovering she loses MILLION DOLLAR LIFE INSURANCE ON DEAD HUBBY [Exclusive] | News Break

No, I have no link to prove exactly when Kay might have provided the text to LE. But, I thought it would have been prudent for Chandler PD to review LV's communications (email, text, etc) when looking for the children (back in 2019), and/or doing further investigation into Charles' death. Maybe they overlooked it?

Last edited:
Right. Curiously, I'm having a hard time finding any business registrations for R.I.T.E Planning Group. All the businesses come up under Charles's variant names (Leland Charles Vallow, Charles Leland Vallow, Leland Anthony "Charles" Vallow) are defunct.

The divorce papers mentioned "contract representatives" in CA that were owed $22K and were evidently stiffed out of it. It seems odd than none of them have gone after Lori for their money. I wonder what other assets Lori and Charles held jointly that could have been part of a financial motive, what the name of the jointly owned company was, and where it was registered. And does she have access to that money now.

That's interesting, possibly KW, Charles's executor, paid those"contract representatives" in CA that were owed $22K and were evidently stiffed out of it" and that's why they didn't go after Lori IMO

This photo is from the exact spot that Tylee's last photo was taken. You can see the bubbling hot spring in the foreground behind the kids... in this photo, you have a clearer shot. There is a path that goes to the hot spring mesa in the background, so there are people seen up there. This is the backside of Old Faithful, across from the main lodge, along the path that encircles it. Taken just a couple months before they went there.
EUT2-sEU8AA8bls

Speaking as a First Responder, CPR would help at that point by keeping oxygen circulating to the body and brain till medics arrive. That is the point of it.
Which with the feces, causes me to suspect that by the time this call was made, AxC was already dead. What if it happened like this, and can it be disproven by the call or otherwise:
1) Either AxC ODs on a drug OR he takes poison (intentionally or not).
2) He staggers to the bathroom and dies, collapsing on the floor as both ZP and JL witness.
3) ZP leaves and tells JL to call 911 in a few minutes and that she would be right back.
4) JL calls 911 and is relaying what he saw minutes before, but now there is feces all over because AxC is dead.
5) ZP comes back just as EMTs arrive.

In this way, it looks like ZP was not home when he died. When toxicology finds the cause, she can claim innocence because she wasnt home. JL doesnt even know the guy so he also gets cleared. It goes down as a suicide or yet someone else is suspected (like an unknown person that doesnt exist).

This photo is from the exact spot that Tylee's last photo was taken. You can see the bubbling hot spring in the foreground behind the kids... in this photo, you have a clearer shot. There is a path that goes to the hot spring mesa in the background, so there are people seen up there. This is the backside of Old Faithful, across from the main lodge, along the path that encircles it. Taken just a couple months before they went there.
EUT2-sEU8AA8bls
That particular spring isnt one that is sulfuric acid? Just boiling water? If she were pushed into it, wouldnt that leave obvious evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicank