Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter
@jlumfox10

PROSECUTION RESPONDS: Madison Co. Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood says Means & Vallow were separated due to COVID-19 outbreak. Now public visitation room is used for attorney/client meetings. State learned 1 conversation between LV/MM was recorded but it’s now erased. #fox10phoenix

1:51 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

REQUEST FOR DISCOVERY: Update on Lori Vallow case as attorney files another request for discovery to include police communication on case and autopsy/tox reports on Charles Vallow, Alex Cox, Tammy Daybell & Joseph Ryan among dozens of other pieces of evidence. #fox10phoenix

1:25 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
It was interesting reading through the list of names on the bottom of page 3. Recognized some of them and didn’t others. Interested to know their relation to the case(s). Might be something to keep me occupied during quarantine. Glad Justin posted this. MOO

It was interesting reading through the list of names on the bottom of page 3. Recognized some of them and didn’t others. Interested to know their relation to the case(s). Might be something to keep me occupied during quarantine. Glad Justin posted this. MOO

I was thinking the same thing. I am curious why ZP name wasn't listed.

Justin Lum Fox 10 @jlumfox10
9m

Mark Means wants the discovery within 15 days of 4/2/20. He asks for all records on Charles Vallow including emails, dating/romantic website info & financial records. Also asks for all records on Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow. #fox10phoenix

This immediately jumped out at me, as I was reading through all of this. I am confused why all of this is being asked for, since this has nothing to do with the missing kids. This looks like a misdirection to me.

Would the state be required to release this info. that is not related to the charges, or could they tell defense to go suck an egg?

I am purely speculating, but I have a hunch I might be right. To frame this right, remember when:

- CV caught Lori sending TD a letter that supposedly came from him, using his computer that was at home.

- Also, remember how Lori accused him of cheating, this is why she claimed she kicked him out.

Now, who's to say Lori didn't set up a few "fake dating accounts" for Charles, and pretended to be him. So having her lawyer asking for this info. would then make a lot of sense.

She would play the "victim card", and say that he is a bad man, he was even cheating on her. I assume she thinks that this would drum up sympathy from the jury. I am willing to bet, she makes sure that her lawyer tries to pick women that have been cheated on to end up in the jury.

She obviously would also know that they will definitely find this digital trail, because she was the one that actually created it. Bonus, CV is dead so he can't refute it even if he wanted to. The only other potential witnesses are the kids, they are conveniently missing too.

If I am right, she is a very evil women. JMO

MOO

[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing. I am curious why ZP name wasn't listed.
Yes, also curious as to why some names aren’t listed. Such as ZP like you mentioned. Wonder if there’s more to that or not. Inquiring minds want to know.

This immediately jumped out at me, as I was reading through all of this. I am confused why all of this is being asked for, since this has nothing to do with the missing kids. This looks like a misdirection to me.

Would the state be required to release this info. that is not related to the charges, or could they tell defense to go suck an egg?

I am purely speculating, but I have a hunch I might be right. To frame this right, remember when:

- CV caught Lori sending TD a letter that supposedly came from him, using his computer that was at home.

- Also, remember how Lori accused him of cheating, this is why she claimed she kicked him out.

Now, who's to say Lori didn't set up a few "fake dating accounts" for Charles, and pretended to be him. So having her lawyer asking for this info. would then make a lot of sense.

She would play the "victim card", and say that he is a bad man, he was even cheating on her. I assume she thinks that this would drum up sympathy from the jury. I am willing to bet, she makes sure that her lawyer tries to pick women that have been cheated on to end up in the jury.

She obviously would also know that they will definitely find this digital trail, because she was the one that actually created it. Bonus, CV is dead so he can't refute it even if he wanted to. The only other potential witnesses are the kids, they are conveniently missing too.

MOO
Yes, Charles stated in his divorce petition that when he returned to the house from his business trip at the end of Jan 2019 Lori had removed his computer. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if she signed him up to a dating site using his computer.

moo

I find it odd that he has just tacked on a list of names at the bottom of the page that doesn't seem to tally with any of the specific numbered points on that page. I notice Chad's name isn't on the list, but I can't work out the relevance of that without knowing what he is looking for in relation to these people anyway.

moo

It sounds to me as if Means is unprepared and his strategy will be to ask for another continuance because the volume of files expected (how does he know how many pages and gigabytes it will be?) will take many months to deal with, and that is another reason to lower bail because she will be held for an excessive length of time before her prelim. I don't know if he wants her to skip bail so that his problem disappears that way.

I think the state should just say no to the additional discovery request, get on with the prelim on the basis of the charges laid. Even if she was released on bail he would have the same problem of not being able to meet her due to isolating rules with the virus. Sounds like he's better off with the screen provided in the jail.

Delay tactics and a lawyer running around like a headless chicken. moo

MOO

CV found an email written to CD by LVD using a fake account pretending to be CV, right? Then CV forwarded that email to AdC and said that it wasn't written by him and he had found TD email info and was going to tell her.
Or did I miss an email that was sent to TD from a fake CV account??

It looks like the lawyer just searched through MSM accounts and grabbed every name that popped up. I mean, Tammy Daybell's sister, who once talked to a reporter about years-old events?
That is on commonality I can find. Those are people who have publicly spoken out against CD and LVD. Do they need to see all the evidence to line her story up? It still doesn't make sense why some other common names were not mentioned. SS hasn't said anything or even been seen without ZP, yet SS was mentioned. Also, there is name on there that I have I am not sure how she is related to this case and I am wondering if it is okay we ask about them on here???

Nothing to do with.current charges???

At first blush it does appear to be a huge overreach, a stall tactic, verging on possible harassment. However, it looks like it follows the Idaho Criminal Rule 16 bullet list very closely. It looks kind of reasonable to me up through item 11, because it seems to be limited to the charges presently on the table.

Starting at item 12, it appears to go off the rails completely. Maybe it is allowed if more charges are expected? No clue, but that's my take.

IANAL

CV found an email written to CD by LVD using a fake account pretending to be CV, right? Then CV forwarded that email to AdC and said that it wasn't written by him and he had found TD email info and was going to tell her.
Or did I miss an email that was sent to TD from a fake CV account??

That is on commonality I can find. Those are people who have publicly spoken out against CD and LVD. Do they need to see all the evidence to line her story up? It still doesn't make sense why some other common names were not mentioned. SS hasn't said anything or even been seen without ZP, yet SS was mentioned. Also, there is name on there that I have I am not sure how she is related to this case and I am wondering if it is okay we ask about them on here???

Yes, you're correct. I mixed up the initials, too many to keep track of.

It was the letter that Lori sent to Chad pretending to be Charles. Then CV caught her red-handed. That's what got me thinking she probably set up some dating sites for him too, pretending to be him too.

At first blush it does appear to be a huge overreach, a stall tactic, verging on possible harassment. However, it looks like it follows the Idaho Criminal Rule 16 bullet list very closely. It looks kind of reasonable to me up through item 11, because it seems to be limited to the charges presently on the table.

Starting at item 12, it appears to go off the rails completely. Maybe it is allowed if more charges are expected? No clue, but that's my take.

IANAL

Seems like a reasonable strategy--if you don't ask, they don't have to give it to you, so you ask for everything and maybe they'll give it to you.

A while back I asked why, in the discovery docs already provided, there were no interviews with LV's parents, and a WS lawyer noted that perhaps they refused to cooperate. They are notably absent from this second discovery request, as is ZP, who might also have refused to cooperate. No need to ask for discovery if a plaintiff's attorney knows those parties have not granted interviews. MOO.

Last edited:
Can her attorney request discovery on cases she isn't charged in? Such as TD's autopsy? Jmo

Nothing to do with.current charges???

Anything related to the “bigger picture” of why LE thinks Lori disappeared the kids, or related to whatever tale Lori’s lawyer plans to spin, is discoverable.

For example, if TD was murdered, that’s obviously relevant to the missing kids. Perhaps the kids are missing because Lori wanted to marry Chad without extra baggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper