Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Charles never filed to be a legal guardian of Tylee, then that might explain the omission.

I am not a legal guardian of my SD (a minor). I can pay for her therapy, but since I am not a legal guardian, I have no rights to any consultation from said therapist for this reason (which is fine by me).
That makes sense especially considering the complex nature of the custody battle between Lori, JR, CV, and CW. Moo.

I have a question for the legal eagles: On page 2, lines 9-10 of Charles Vallow's 15 February 2019 divorce petition, it states: "Parties have one (1) minor child in common, namely: Joshua Jaxon Vallow ("JJ")" On lines 10-11 of page 3 it states "(the parties have emancipated children along with JJ)" This appears to assert something I wasn't aware of: Tylee was an emancipated minor.

So my question is: Under Idaho law, can you be charged with abandonment of an emancipated minor?

I am no legal eagle, but I think that is referring to Colby. NOT TR.

I agree, and that line is not very specific. What is the technical definition of "minor" in AZ? "Children" is plural so it's maybe referring to more than one? The definition for emancipation varies by state as well. Usually it means they have become self supporting and live on their own. TR did not appear to be doing either. Yet, in that small section TR is not mentioned specifically. It could be that she had yet another status? CV and LVD did both adopt JJ. But LVD was apparently the sole custodian of TR after JR "died". I think to be a child in "common" CV might have had to technically adopt TR to have been considered "in common".

Colby once said in an interview that he was emancipated from the family, but I couldn’t be certain if he meant that he was independent of Lori’s fringe freak show or he meant that he had legally emancipated from her guardianship as a teen. I’m now inclined to believe it was the latter, and I’m wondering if Tylee followed suit and emancipated at 16, the minimum age in Arizona.

I imagine that Tylee would have been mentioned in the petition if she were a minor in the eyes of the law.

I’d hate to think that Lori’s claim that she had no minor children is half true if Tylee is emancipated and JJ is not her biological son.

I think emancipated in this context needs a definition, because I wouldn't assume it means released completely from the care/obligations of both parents. It seems to have a very specific meaning, imo, and I would guess that Lori had engineered something with Tylee's verbal agreement - recent to the goings on in late 2018/2019 - to take away Charles' parental authority over Tylee. That is just my hunch. I think the text in bold is salient:

"Mother told Father that she did not want anything to do with him or the children (the parties have emancipated children along with JJ) and that Father could have them because she had a more important mission to carry out."

It seems to me, that whatever emacipated meant here, it didn't mean not provided with shelter and necessities, and that whatever it did refer to was revoked or nullified by Lori when she said Charles could have the children (Tylee and JJ). I suspect it meant something like an informal agreement about which parent Tylee stayed with when they separated, Charles would not fight for custody of her. 'Emancipated' is not congruent with Lori saying she did not want anything to do with either of them, or handing over having them. One has to have something to be able to hand it over. 'More important mission' also reveals the relinquishing of a responsibility/duty.

The fact that 16-year-old Tylee (not very long after her 16th birthday too) went with Lori to the Gilbert house, Alex's, and the hotel, and then to Hawaii, and then to Houston, and then back to Chandler, and then to Rexburg, shows that she was not fully emancipated, imo.

It's interesting to think that Lori might try to use this argument in respect to fighting some of the charges, but I don't think it would succeed, unless there is evidence that Tylee was living independently of both parents at the time Charles petitioned for divorce.

Also I've just noticed that the section of text that I extracted from the petition (above) is written under the heading of "legal-decision making". I think that further clarifies the context in regards to the subject of emancipation.

All moo - not a legal expert.

Well, I'm as confused as anybody. Charles seems, from all I've read and seen, to have been a decent and humane individual and it seems very odd that after caring for Tylee for roughly 13 years he would omit her from a legal action designed to protect JJ -- unless the system gave him no choice.

Colby Ryan would also have been 16 during Charles and Lori's marriage. If he emancipated himself then, and Tylee also emancipated herself at age 16, then the phrase "the parties have emancipated children along with JJ" could be true if interpreted as "in addition to the dependent child JJ, the parties have children who were once dependent but who emancipated themselves when they reached age 16. One of these children is now an adult."

I do hope a lawyer would chime in on all this.

I don’t know whether Tylee was emancipated legally or not, but as for the divorce petition there would have been no legal purpose to mention her, as she was not legally CV’s child at any time as far as we know.

I can relate. My Psychologist strongly suspected that my ex had BPD and Narcissism. I was never able to officially confirm, since she claimed that she had "no problems" it was always me. Fortunately, she is halfway around the world now. The thought of seeing her face to face terrifies me to this day, and it's been over a decade.

I've noticed some other things about Lori, that really makes one wonder, I am very curious what she will be officially diagnosed with. One of the other observations that I noticed about Lori that sticks out, to me at least, is the following:

Ever since her first husband she has always been taken care of, and has never had to work or fend for herself. If we knew more about her childhood, and her first 3 husbands, I am sure that would give us a better picture of her in general.

Snipped .....

Just wanted to point out that, at one point in her life, Lori was a reasonably successful colorist/stylist at a salon with a good reputation. Some of the time that she worked, she was married and some of the time, she was single. I couldn't speak to whether she "had to" work but she definitely did work.

Mods: Pls Delete, sorry. Couldn't find a way to cancel a post.

Well, I'm as confused as anybody. Charles seems, from all I've read and seen, to have been a decent and humane individual and it seems very odd that after caring for Tylee for roughly 13 years he would omit her from a legal action designed to protect JJ -- unless the system gave him no choice.

Colby Ryan would also have been 16 during Charles and Lori's marriage. If he emancipated himself then, and Tylee also emancipated herself at age 16, then the phrase "the parties have emancipated children along with JJ" could be true if interpreted as "in addition to the dependent child JJ, the parties have children who were once dependent but who emancipated themselves when they reached age 16. One of these children is now an adult."

I do hope a lawyer would chime in on all this.
If Tylee were emancipated, could she collect SS benefits?

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

REQUEST FOR DISCOVERY: Update on Lori Vallow case as attorney files another request for discovery to include police communication on case and autopsy/tox reports on Charles Vallow, Alex Cox, Tammy Daybell & Joseph Ryan among dozens of other pieces of evidence. #fox10phoenix

1:25 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Attachments

• p1.png
    p1.png
    641.5 KB · Views: 34
  • p2.png
    p2.png
    829.7 KB · Views: 24
  • p3.png
    p3.png
    624.2 KB · Views: 24
  • p4.png
    p4.png
    446.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

REQUEST FOR DISCOVERY: Update on Lori Vallow case as attorney files another request for discovery to include police communication on case and autopsy/tox reports on Charles Vallow, Alex Cox, Tammy Daybell & Joseph Ryan among dozens of other pieces of evidence. #fox10phoenix

1:25 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Can her attorney request discovery on cases she isn't charged in? Such as TD's autopsy? Jmo

404 error.

Just checked the link, works on my end, at least.

This is the name of the article:

Rethinking Asperger's: Understanding the DSM-5 Diagnosis by Introducing Sheldon Cooper

You could try to google it. Hope that helps.

Here’s declaration in support of defendant’s bond reduction. Paragraph 5 - Means says on 3/30 he met w/ Vallow, separated by a glass wall, speaking over phone. He goes onto say that he had to pass sensitive docs through detention officer from his side to her’s. #fox10phoenix

Here’s declaration in support of defendant’s bond reduction. Paragraph 5 - Means says on 3/30 he met w/ Vallow, separated by a glass wall, speaking over phone. He goes onto say that he had to pass sensitive docs through detention officer from his side to her’s. #fox10phoenix

So, basically he wants bond reduced due to coronavirus restrictions. Jmo

Snipped .....

Just wanted to point out that, at one point in her life, Lori was a reasonably successful colorist/stylist at a salon with a good reputation. Some of the time that she worked, she was married and some of the time, she was single. I couldn't speak to whether she "had to" work but she definitely did work.

That's true. We don't know a lot about that, nor her first 3 husbands. From what we've seen recently she hasn't been worried about money.

Previously, we can only speculate. I may have taken my speculation to far. Honestly, I forgot about her working at a salon in the past, I've been so hyperfocused on what has been going on recently.

That is one of the questions I too am wondering, if she ever "had to work"?

MOO

The least this attorney could do is spelled Tammy Daybell's name correctly!

EVBxIG_UcAAygXd

Here is her obituary for reference:
Obituary for Tamara Michelle Daybell at Flamm Funeral Home
6687788_fbs.jpg

Tamara Michelle Daybell
May 04, 1970 - October 19, 2019
Tamara "Tammy" Douglas Daybell passed away peacefully in her sleep on Saturday, October 19, 2019 in Salem, Idaho. She was born May 4, 1970 in Pasadena, California to Ronald and Phyllis Cooper Douglas. She enjoyed growing up in South Pasadena and Anaheim in southern California with her Cooper cousins and living close to Disneyland. She and all her siblings were chartered members of the mentally gifted students at Cerritos Elementary School, enabling her to develop creative thinking skills she used through the rest of her life. She loved putting on “family” shows that she produced and directed, corralling any family members she could. It was a happy childhood with many memories, including trips to the beach, camping at Elfin Forest, and Calico Ghost Town.

When Tammy was 13, she moved with her family to Springville, Utah. She was an excellent student, and she played the drums and clarinet in the Springville High School Band. She was the Yearbook Editor her senior year. Most of all, she was known for her friendly smile and kindness to everyone. Tammy shared a love of books and reading with her family. She created her own library lending books to her siblings with actual library cards and fines when they weren’t returned on time. She loved classic musical movies and learned the songs and words, then she and her siblings would reenact them. Hilarious!

During the summer following her freshman year at Brigham Young University, she met Chad Daybell. They quickly fell in love and were married on March 9, 1990 in the Manti Temple. While Chad continued his schooling, Tammy supported the family by working as the secretary for Springville’s Parks Department. As part of her job, she typed thousands of handwritten burial records into a computer database. This helped spark her interest in Family History, which later would become her favorite hobby. Throughout her life she submitted more than 100,000 names for temple ordinance work. She even managed to teach her computer-challenged mother to learn and join in the gathering of family history – a miracle!

After Chad graduated and took a job in Ogden, Utah, Tammy became a full-time homemaker and mother as their family began to grow. She loved her children deeply and encouraged them in countless ways. She often took the children to the public library and helped them develop a passion for reading. The family returned to Springville, where Tammy later became the computer teacher at Art City Elementary.

Tammy was a computer genius who also had a talent for graphic arts. In 2004, she and Chad founded Spring Creek Book Company, and Tammy wore many hats as their company grew, juggling her role as Chief Financial Officer with designing book covers. She was the true backbone of the company, and she was proud of the dozens of books the company published over the years.

In 2015, the family moved to Salem, Idaho and she became the assistant librarian at Madison Middle School. She later became the librarian at Central Elementary School in Sugar City, Idaho. She was treasured and loved by the staff and students alike.

She served in numerous capacities in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, including as Stake Girls Camp Director and as Young Women President. She also served in Relief Society and Primary presidencies. She loved the women and girls she was privileged to serve with.

Tammy’s true focus throughout her life was her family, from serving a delicious dinner each Sunday to remembering every birthday and holiday with gifts. She also loved all sorts of animals, but she especially loved Indian runner ducks. She also raised pigeons, chickens, cats, and rabbits, knowing each one by name. She loved gardening, cooking, and playing games with the family. Her laugh will be remembered and cherished.

Tammy is survived by her husband and five children: Garth Daybell, Emma (Joseph) Murray, Seth (Makayla) Daybell, Leah (Adam) Murphy, and Mark Daybell, who is serving an LDS mission in Johannesburg, South Africa. She was a doting grandma to Chase Murray and Jordan Murphy, with a third grandson, Oliver Daybell, on the way.

She is also survived by her parents Ron and Phyllis Douglas, and four siblings: Michael (Kiffon) Douglas, Samantha (Jason) Gwilliam, Matthew (Cherylyn) Douglas, and Benjamin (Kelsie) Douglas, and numerous nieces and nephews who loved her dearly.

Funeral services will be held Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 11 a.m. in the Spring Creek 6th Ward Chapel located at 860 East 200 North in Springville, Utah. A viewing will be held on Monday evening from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at that location. Interment will be in the Springville Evergreen Cemetery.

A memorial service will also be held Wednesday, October 23, at 1 p.m. in the Henry’s Fork Stake Center, 2001 North 3000 West in Rexburg, Idaho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member