Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, maybe it’s my inexperience. To me it seems the easiest way to get caught. And if I was a child of his they would have to first accept that dad was responsible or have doubts, I think, in order to consider him burying them in the yard.

what I honestly don’t get is emma moving in. Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38
Why? It seems strange. Is she moving in with her family or alone I would wonder. Maybe it’s purely a financial decision.

I don't know if Chad was moving out or not, so who knows. But IF he was, it doesn't strike me as odd that Emma was moving in. It was the family home, even if for only 5 years. I live in my late father in law's house. It sat empty for 2 or 3 years (totally different situation obviously) until I informed my husband we should buy it, remodel, and move in. Jmo

When you listen to this interview, at the 4:00 minute mark, Lori's mother makes a very revealing remark. Instead of saying "we love them very much", she uses past tense "we loved them very much". This interview was before the children were found. I think Lori's mom,in trying to defend her daughter, made a huge slip up!!

A slip-up in terms of what she actually believed (i.e. that they were already dead), but not necessarily anything she knew for certain. Either way, I agree, that's very telling.

I’ve received permission from mods to post this video.

I hadn’t seen this until recently but it is informative for a couple reasons. In this old YouTube video from what looks like to be Alex’s account posted 10 years ago. He refers to himself as gay. He also talks about tazing what he called his “pedophile brother in law”.

If true this would further indicate the possibility of a sham of a marriage between AC and ZP. Could also be the reason Lori called him a “disgrace to the family” as LDS typically do not approve of this.

To me, it also indicates that he could be further controlled by Lori and or Chad if this was used against him. Who knows what kind of “atoning” they required him to do.
Interesting. But, to be fair, that was said as a joke.

Again, he was in his fifties, never married as far as I can tell (until his marriage to ZP that lasted about two weeks), no kids. I'd say that's very unusual for a Mormon male.
Were they born into LDS?

I disagree. I know it’s just opinions we are sharing here, but I’ll give mine.

who would think the kids would be buried on their own property? Not me! I can’t imagine even if you thought he was guilty you would not think they were buried there. I’m sure chad came up with something really believable for whatever disturbance was made there. Ex- building a fire pit, burning branches, burying dead dog, burying raccoon, etc. I can’t imagine thinking he buried the kids there myself, and I definitely couldn’t if I was a child supporting my father. Heck we never even broached that idea here so who would have thought of it... unless there was some questionable behavior or thoughts already going on that didn’t fit the narrative.

I just stick with technology being the informant. Someone could need protected because they didn’t mean to give off slight questions that investigators knew what they meant, but the unintentional tipster did not.

Or maybe there was surveillance? Maybe surveillance was put up at chads house and he was found to repeatedly “check the site”.
BBM- and JMO but I think this is more likely how LE knew to dig in his back yard.
Between surveillance and him wanting to put the Mobile home back there perhaps made them aware that the kids could be buried there.
JMO

DNA tests usually take a while. But bodies that are bones absolutely can be identified, and very quickly, by dental records. JJ had rather unique looking teeth. I am assuming both kids have been to dentists, and that police had the records ready for comparison.

Even if you have access to a modern crime lab? I know it's not "instant" like on TV, but surely you could get results within 24 hours?

Anybody with forensics experience that can comment on that?

Can you imagine his survivor's guilt? Jmo
My heart is broken for the wake of people left by this destruction.

Small sidebar: my dad was an abuser and when he passed, I didn’t feel one ounce of sadness. I felt relief in knowing he’d never hurt anyone I loved again. But I still carry the trauma with me.

Imo this is what will be for those who survived or escaped Lori. They will be forever changed and live with the hurt and trauma. I won’t pretend I know this kind of hurt because this is beyond what I experienced. But I hope they can all get to a good place and receive the grief counseling they need. This is a long road ahead for them. May justice be served quickly.

All jmo

I have a question if any knows the answer or has some thoughts. We’re still waiting on autopsy results and I would think it would include waiting on toxicology. But then I wondered, is it necessary to have a lot of tissue samples for toxicology and can any tissue sample be used? Can those tests be run on skeletal remains?
Ok that was 2 questions but as far as toxicology is concerned and taking into consideration the condition of the remains and the length of time that has most likely passed from the murders it seems like there may not be a lot to test from. Jmo
ETA I mean in relation to looking for a poison of some kind.

Last edited:
I don't know if Chad was moving out or not, so who knows. But IF he was, it doesn't strike me as odd that Emma was moving in. It was the family home, even if for only 5 years. I live in my late father in law's house. It sat empty for 2 or 3 years (totally different situation obviously) until I informed my husband we should buy it, remodel, and move in. Jmo

Ok, I can agree. But a tremendous effort to move from across the street. And she is married. I don’t know if she has kids.

but I would be curious if doing so has financial implications. If it is in her name, can she sell but chad couldn’t? Homestead exemption, bankruptcy protection, seized asset potential? I’m not sure, but I just bet that there is a financial reason.

I would guess a local would know likely. The infinity (y or I I never know) was loaded for Idaho per the dog trainer. So when something changed would be interesting.

Yes, and I was wrong in my original post, the crossbars on the top luggage rack are standard on some models and not aftermarket, so the Rogue could have been a rental.

Last edited:
Until Chad came into the picture, doesn't look like Lori and Alex actually killed anyone. Chad filled her head with crazy ideas about dark spirits, zombies, multiple previous lives and marriages. Apparently Alex became a believer of all those ideas as well.
Imo Lori is just as much to blame as Chad. Now whether they or just one actually committed murder is still debatable (evidence on who actually committed what we are still waiting for). But they do know what happened and they do know right and wrong (even if it’s a skewed version, they weren’t born evil people, something changed them). All jmo

Lori Vallow's son speaks out following discovery of Tylee and J.J.'s remains
Lori Vallow's son speaks out following discovery of Tylee and J.J.'s remains
5ee5b92311fa0.image.jpg

Was his baby born in 2019 or 2018? Guess I am hoping 2018, so every birthday doesn't have to remind him of the hell he has gone through in 2019-2020. Not that it will ever be forgotten...but just hope it doesn't get "attached" to baby...

I have a question if any knows the answer or has some thoughts. We’re still waiting on autopsy results and I would think it would include waiting on toxicology. But then I wondered, is it necessary to have a lot of tissue samples for toxicology and can any tissue sample be used? Can those tests be run on skeletal remains?
Ok that was 2 questions but as far as toxicology is concerned and taking into consideration the condition of the remains and the length of time that has most likely passed from the murders it seems like there may not be a lot to test from. Jmo

From my very basic understanding one sample can be used multiple times for different tests depending on what tests have been done.

Sample one. Has had test 14 on it. The chemical used will effect test 34 to 67. But is fine for test 76 to 98. So it has test 77 on it. The chemical used in test 77 means it will effect test 87 to 99. So test 86 is done.

Some will need fresh pieces some not.

Of course I made the tests up. Just an illustration as my explanation was rubbish.

I believe some test need tissue, some blood and some can be done on bone. Some on hair. Its just depends. Time length since is also important I believe.

Yes, that was my first idea a few days ago. The black edging might be a clue, too. However, I'm now in the duffle bag camp with a space blanket or something also used for wrapping.
Me too for now. If that is his gun bag, or part of a set he owned, it really has some serious implications to me for his potential participation in murdering Tylee and JJ. Jmo

Chad had a bunch of "followers" with whom he communicated. I think it's possible he blabbered to one of them of what was done to the kids. I just don't see one of his kids turning him in.
BBM. Why would he do that? It would be like putting a noose around his own neck. I have no doubt he told everyone that the kids were safe. He must have concocted quite a story for CP.

BBM. Why would he do that? It would be like putting a noose around his own neck. I have no doubt he told everyone that the kids were safe. He must have concocted quite a story for CP.
Because people talk. Wouldn't be the first time somebody told something better off being not told.

I just measured the diameter of a 5 gallon bucket. It's barely over 12" at the very top. I would use 12" - 14" as a guide if anyone wants to try estimating the size of the orange object in relation to the bucket next to it. Jmo

I say 12-14" because some buckets are more heavy duty (thicker) than others.

Did you measure the height also? When I made the original comparison, I was referring to the amount of 3D space that 2 of those would occupy. And 2 was being conservative. I think you could probably fit 3 in the excavation site bag, from the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13