Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She'll be charged for the SS fraud. But it is actually a fairly small amount. She collected from November to March at the latest at $4000 per month I think we heard, so about $20,000. She won't do federal time for that. They will just want to be paid back.
How did she Manage to get $4000 mo for two kids? My friends adult son only gets $850 mo in with severe schizophrenia. CA

I agree. This could actually get Lori off. Tylee was killed hours after the Yellowstone trip so almost all of the evidence and probable cause against her on the child abandonment charges is gone. She could conceivably be released on Monday. I'm sure they are bulding murder/conspiracy cases against her but those are actually going to be hard with Alex dead. Let's just hope she called or texted Alex a few minutes before he showed up at her house in the middle of the night on 9/9. For all we know she'll say Alex snuck in in the middle of teh night to molest Tylee, when she resisted, Alex killed her and Lori only found out later.

I could easily see her getting off and Chad just getting the destroying evidence charges. The APC looks bad mostly for Alex and without him being able to defend himself, This might not turn out the way we hope!

Lesson we should all take away from this. Leave your phone at home when committing felonies!

Sorry, I get why you're afraid of this, but IMO there's no way she gets released Monday or anytime soon. LE knows a lot more than we do, and have not finished playing their hand just yet. If no new charges are brought (or new info implicating her released) in the next few days, I'll be warming up a big ol' digusting bowl of peas and carrots to eat, along with my words. JMO

I think the diagnosis is real and correct. But, your post reminded me that LE found a relatively old prescription (never refilled) with leftover meds. I thought she liked to dose him when he was acting out? And to help him go to bed earlier. Why were there leftover pills?
Wonder if she was actually giving him something else? (to better control him?)
Maybe a physician can speak up here but I've never been particularly concerned about the autism drugs. I think Lori was against using drugs long term even when prescribed. Its part of that natural living thing we have heard about. I know many regular sane people like that. I personally avoid prescription drugs except the occasional antibiotic if necessary.

So I think as soon as Charles was gone, the pills for JJ became respite therapy for Lori when she needed a break. Anyway, I think it is all moot now.

Quote: bold added for emphasis

With respects, regarding ”left any evidence behind?” The children were buried in his backyard. And earthquakes are going to distract the world from their personal lives and then end July 22. Can this even get more crazy?!

I absolutely concur with your “criminals are dumb!” statement though. It surely applies to them!

I do find it difficult to believe—much less comprehend this story In its entirety to date.

MOO
You're right, you're right, I keep trying to apply rational thinking/behavior to this utter head-spinning craziness. :confused::eek::rolleyes: Mea culpa!

Maybe a physician can speak up here but I've never been particularly concerned about the autism drugs. I think Lori was against using drugs long term even when prescribed. Its part of that natural living thing we have heard about. I know many regular sane people like that. I personally avoid prescription drugs except the occasional antibiotic if necessary.

So I think as soon as Charles was gone, the pills for JJ became respite therapy for Lori when she needed a break. Anyway, I think it is all moot now.
IANAMP but This sounds right to me. And, very sadly, yes it is moot. I am still having so much trouble reconciling what sound like authentic stories of her loving on that kid ... even after zombie status... right up to the day she participated in his murder. Heartbreaking and unfathomable, this ability to flip a switch like that.

He possibly kept digging her parts up to burn them.

In the past, when I lived on a few acres, we used to burn a whole field of weeds every summer. Fairly common in this part of Idaho.

If I had to guess, I would assume he was always burning a bunch of branches, and weeds with it, maybe threw in some trash too, to throw off the scent even more.

Typically, most neighbors avoid even trying to smell it, and if they do unless they know what human remains smell like, they could easily mistake it for a noxious odor.

MOO

Sorry, I get why you're afraid of this, but IMO there's no way she gets released Monday or anytime soon. LE knows a lot more than we do, and have not finished playing their hand just yet. If no new charges are brought (or new info implicating her released) in the next few days, I'll be warming up a big ol' digusting bowl of peas and carrots to eat, along with my words. JMO
I like carrots. Note I did not mention peas.

Here's problem. She is being held on a few misdemeanors and two felonies of not supporting her children. LE has now sworn under oath that if she "failed to support" Tylee it was only for a few hours after they returned from the Yellowstone trip and effectively for no time with JJ. They have completely undermined any probable cause for holding her on the felonies. So her lawyer should be in court on Monday arguing excessisve bail for mere misdemeanor charges.

This is a significant development legally. The probable cause for her arrest and bail was essentially "negative evidence" as I've said before. LE failed to see the kids, failed to find evidence she was paying for their support, etc. Now we have a very (legally) good explanation of that. They were dead. So those charges should be dropped. And there is no way that $1,000,000 bail for a couple of misdemeanors is Constitutional.

Hopefully the Idaho AG will be working overtime over the weekend to arrest her for murder or conspiracy. Just like everyone else, I think she is guilty of conspiring to kill the kids if not doing it herself. But there has been absolutely no probable cause presented regarding that and the new APC against Chad actually exhonerates her on the felony charges she is facing. She can't be convicted of failing to feed and educate corpses. I know that sounds awful, and it is.

The thing I am curious about is why the judge unsealed the APC. There was no motion to request it from any party. So why did he act on his own?

Somebody here also guessed correctly about Yellowstone being their last family outing, a "going away" sort of event (only it was going away forever for Tylee that night)
That was me. It was too coincidental to not be a last hurrah coupled with CD sending TD to visit her family for one last good time. What I'm worrying about now is forensics putting it all on AC, even the shovel...and CD defense feigning ignorance, though the raccoon may be key.

Why should Melani be in jail? She's been cooperative with police and given valuable insight to the thinking of the Daybells.
I don't think MG should be in jail; I think MG protecting her friend all the way through with the media. I may be well on my own here in thinking she has a clear motive in going on tv to portray that LVD was suckered in against her right mind. Perhaps that would garner favor for LVD. She may be right about that, or she may be ignorant.

Here's problem. She is being held on a few misdemeanors and two felonies of not supporting her children. LE has now sworn under oath that if she "failed to support" Tylee it was only for a few hours after they returned from the Yellowstone trip and effectively for no time with JJ. They have completely undermined any probable cause for holding her on the felonies. So her lawyer should be in court on Monday arguing excessisve bail for mere misdemeanor charges.

This is a significant development legally. The probable cause for her arrest and bail was essentially "negative evidence" as I've said before. LE failed to see the kids, failed to find evidence she was paying for their support, etc. Now we have a very (legally) good explanation of that. They were dead. So those charges should be dropped. And there is no way that $1,000,000 bail for a couple of misdemeanors is Constitutional.

Hopefully the Idaho AG will be working overtime over the weekend to arrest her for murder or conspiracy. Just like everyone else, I think she is guilty of conspiring to kill the kids if not doing it herself. But there has been absolutely no probable cause presented regarding that and the new APC against Chad actually exhonerates her on the felony charges she is facing. She can't be convicted of failing to feed and educate corpses. I know that sounds awful, and it is.

The thing I am curious about is why the judge unsealed the APC. There was no motion to request it from any party. So why did he act on his own?

IANAL but isn't that usually automatic? The little bit I have picked up as a layman from reading about this tells me it's routine to unseal the APC after the relevant warrants have been executed, unless revealing info in the APC would (still) jeopardize someone's life/safety or an ongoing criminal investigation's methods or sources. So would there really need to be a motion on this?

ETA: I want to believe the AG is making an intentional pressure play to pit Lori against Chad right now, but I don't know the procedural part well enough to understand what they would be doing. So I guess all I can say is: I hope you're wrong!

Last edited:

For the reasons you stated LVD defense might have released it, so judge headed them off?

Where has it ever been reported that Lori was against using drugs even when prescribed? May we know your source, please?

IANAL
so I am not quite sure where to start. Finding the kids’ bodies will in no way make it easier for Lori and or Chad to get out of jail/prison with light sentences. The probable cause docs, especially Chad’s demonstrated that LE has boatloads of good evidence. They only revealed what they needed to for Chad’s charges to go forward. As of yet we know nothing about all the evidence they have including Lori’s phone records. Actually locating the kids does not make easier for Lori to get off. I predict she will get more charges before her preliminary hearing and that hearing will get pushed back until early fall, since the charges will be directly related to murder of the children. Whether they drop her current charges or not, doesn’t seem important to me. They are not doing anything in a spontaneous or haphazard way. LE has not been working round the clock on this case to have discovery of the children’s bodies (which is sad but ultimately a good thing) turn into a couple of misdemeanors case. My prediction is there will be several conspiracy to commit capital murder charges. I am thinking capital murder because the victims were children. Of course this all moo

Last edited:
According to the affidavit, MG and DW were in Rexburg in September to record a podcast. Lori and MG were usually the hosts. Three episodes of the podcast with just MG and DW were released in early December. Was Lori involved and they later re-recorded it without her? If yes, did the podcast owners know that something was up with Lori before MG went to police on Dec 6?

PER JUSTIN LUM REPORTER-
I think this is a legit signature and not an E-sign, IMO
90056465_1548331891996489_5524610767782936576_o.jpg
90120939_1548331971996481_3865946607690186752_o.jpg
I think there is a record of her and Alex flying back down to Az after she signed.

From the timeline -

31 Oct 2019, 3:29 pm – Melani & Alex fly from Idaho Falls to Mesa, AZ on Allegiant flight 531, sitting in seats 5C & 5B (Fox10 Phoenix).

Last edited:
Can someone get a capital murder charge for conspiracy? I’m so stumped on this case. I really hope they have more evidence they are keeping close. Right now all I can see is conspiracy with what we’ve been given. I don’t see enough tying Lori to murder. Ugh. This hurts. Those were CHILDREN!

Moo
Can Lori get out now? As her charges are not enough to hold her and her bail being so high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader