Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s very ambiguous. I, too, thought JJ had been decapitated, and it still reads to me that way. However, the charges against CD say only that one body was treated in an egregious manner or killed in an egregious manner. Since Tylee was burned, she must have been the unlucky victim of “egregious”. That means no decapitation for JJ.

Unless they think someone else beheaded him and wrapped him up? Jmo

These are Chad's charges alone.

Does anyone remember the post about a statement from Tylee's friend before the family moved to Rexburg? The statement refers to Tylee wanting to move in with her friend and why Tylee decided to go to Rexburg with the family. Is there a link also?

There's nothing particularly unusual about raccoons being out in daytime, especially if they're hungry... and especially if anyone in the area has been feeding them. In my old neighborhood we had a particularly large and fat raccoon that nearly gave me a heart attack one day as I found him perched on his hind legs and staring expectantly into the sliding glass door that leads to our patio... at my small children. Talk about things you're not expecting in the burbs! I later found that he had been making the rounds of the neighborhood and a neighbor 2 doors down had been feeding him scraps. :eek:

I just saw one crossing the road at a very populated river hang out yesterday and thought to myself that he must be very hungry. I didn’t even think of that when reading the charging documents!

Still am curious what he *really* shot that day. I still really feel like everyone was poisoned, but the autopsies will confirm that for us eventually.

No, there was the July incident. And also a text conversation in September. Two gun incidents.

No, not two gun incidents.

Re: the July 2019 incident: Garth (in the course of the recent ongoing investigation) reported to RPD that last summer a neighbor had asked him about a gunshot that the neighbor had heard coming from behind the Daybell house. Garth told the neighbor that his father had shot a raccoon.

The Sept 9 2019 text conversation between CD and TD was full of CD's lies, so we have no way of knowing whether there was ever even a raccoon, let alone a gunshot. But the RPD detective stated in the affidavit that he suspected that the whole texted story about the raccoon and gunshot was total bs (he pointed out that raccoons are nocturnal animals and are rarely, if ever, seen during the day).

My guess is that on Sept 9, 2019 CD made up the story about shooting a raccoon and burying it in the yard in order to preemptively excuse any possible later discovery by TD of freshly dug soil or newly disturbed ground anywhere in the Daybell back yard, and to also preemptively excuse any bad odors which might eventually emanate from that same general location.

The tree limb burning may or may not have happened (I tend to think it did, as there was evidence that Tylee's body had been partially burned). But in similar fashion, I think CD was just setting the stage in case anyone (family or neighbor or LE) ever later inquired as to why there had been a fire in the back yard that day (since having fires in the backyard was apparently a rare occurance).

I believe that both Tylee and JJ we're already dead when AC brought each of them (on separate dates) to CD's house for burial/concealment. I don't believe even CD was dumb enough to try to shoot anybody in his backyard in the middle of the morning. I'm not sure though, at this point, whether it was Lori, AC, or both, who actually killed the kids back at the condos. Imo, both of them deserve a special place in hell.

The whole thing is just infuriating. AC got off easy. He should have had to face justice. What a tragedy. At least CD and Lori will get their's. I think MB and MG are going to face some music as well, though MG's charges will be mitigated by her agreement to cooperate.

****GRAPHIC****

After reading the charging documents, what do you guys think of the orange object in the photos from the burial site?

I saw they found JJ in black and white tarps. It seemed like Tylee wasn’t wrapped in anything.

Sorry, I’m behind. I started joining some Facebook groups last week and could no longer decipher fact from rumors and felt I shouldn’t risk being on here as much. Now some of the rumors have been confirmed and I’m feeling more comfortable respecting the TOS here.

A few things I can't get out of my head. I may be way off but then again, I'm talking about this case. All MOO

Everything about this case is bizarre in the extreme, but WHAT POSSIBLE MOTIVATION would there be for Lori, Alex, and Chad to pick the weekend MG and DW were visiting at Lori's apt to murder JJ? Did they hope the visit would somehow provide cover for that time period?

JMOO but I think Lori and Alex and maybe Chad through his ‘portal’ would have performed some sort of zombie-related ceremony during or after the murders.
Also I got chills when I read the story about JJ sweetly sleeping on Alex‘s shoulder- I’m wondering if JJ had already been sedated for his ceremony and was brought back so the guests would testify they’d seen him.

What if MG & DW were "in on it". What if they came there specifically for the "ritual" to ensure their spot in the 144,000?
Or MG, at least, knew what took place but didn't want to accept it. So she kept telling herself they just prayed the zombies away as a coping mechanism. Then when she got the call from LV & CD asking to lie to LE, she knew at least JJ was dead. She could excuse killing an adult zombie, but when LV's own children were killed, that was her turning point, and she knew they wouldn't think twice about killing her. So she didn't answer for 11 days because 1- she thought LE found out she was involved or 2- she was hiding from LV, AC, CD thinking she'd be next.

You just can’t take this script as needed. You can’t stop it cold turkey.

My son has autism.. When he was about 11 or 12 we tried him on Risperdone. He was a little loopy the first few days. Soon after that he was sitting watching tv and just wet his pants, didn't even know it. This is a child who was potty trained from 4 years old. The doc said to stop it immediately. Maybe because he wasn't on it for long? If LV gave it sporadically, maybe it wouldn't affect him negatively.

Also I'm wondering where, when and by whom the dismemberment took place. Did CD cut up the tree limbs along with Tylees body? Or was it done somewhere else and her body burned there?

Also, thinking back to TD and pink foam/antifreeze...Was ACs trip to the convenience store to get antifreeze? did LV & CD use JJ meds to sedate Tylee then force her to drink antifreeze while she was out?

I know, I know. I sound out there right now. This case has caused me to think this way and I hate that :(

****GRAPHIC****

After reading the charging documents, what do you guys think of the orange object in the photos from the burial site?

I saw they found JJ in black and white tarps. It seemed like Tylee wasn’t wrapped in anything.

Sorry, I’m behind. I started joining some Facebook groups last week and could no longer decipher fact from rumors and felt I shouldn’t risk being on here as much. Now some of the rumors have been confirmed and I’m feeling more comfortable respecting the TOS here.
MOO, but I don't think we saw human remains, but there were animal bones and such and I think we may have seen those.

Interesting that in the Affidavit sections that pinpoint when AxC's cell phone was in LV's apartment and when in his own, there's no converse that indicates when LV is in AxC's apartment. LV could have killed the kids in his apartment or something else nefarious.
Also curious. Why would AxC need to be in LV's apartment for hours at the time of TR's murder? What was he doing all that time? Babysitting JJ while LV was doing something else?
Wouldn't surprise me if he was ordering a pizza using one of TR's credit cards. Jmo

CD and AC seem to feel comfortable working as a team. Will be interesting to see if charges are brought for TD and CV's deaths as well.

I keep thinking of an interview I conducted years ago. When I read through the application, the person checked they had a prior conviction. The person saw me read that and blurted out, I was just the look out! I never even knew what they were the look out for. I feel like CD would do something like that when asked. Jmo

Somebody here on WS totally called the whole "raccoon" thing! That's almost creepy.
Not really. There are MANY other sources of information about this case. The rumors aboutdigital evidence and even teh pet cemetary were also out there. We just could post that information here.

Obviously the raccoon story was to explain fresh diggings in case Tammy noticed. Makes you wonder what the previous raccoon story was about. Maybe further investigation is in order.

I predict Chad will turn on her.
She KNEW what was happening. That lipstick & prancing in court.
The only thing she might try is - she was brain washed.
But if so...why did she not purge all that info these past months to LE?
Both are taking the elevator DOWN!

MOO
She's got a few choices here.
1. Pin it on an unstable brother with a criminal record who is conveniently deceased.
2. Pin it on the evil charlatan who preyed upon her naïveté and wielded Svengali-like influence over her
3. Pin it on some kind of psychotic episode, but somehow that seems a stretch given how highly functional she seems to have been throughout this period.

I'm going to guess that LE has enough evidence tying her to the murders and the planning and coverup of the murders that she won't be able to sustain any of those defenses.

She's got a few choices here.
1. Pin it on an unstable brother with a criminal record who is conveniently deceased.
2. Pin it on the evil charlatan who preyed upon her naïveté and wielded Svengali-like influence over her
3. Pin it on some kind of psychotic episode, but somehow that seems a stretch given how highly functional she seems to have been throughout this period.

I'm going to guess that LE has enough evidence tying her to the murders and the planning and coverup of the murders that she won't be able to sustain any of those defenses.
I think she had a chance to do those things the very first night she was arrested in Hawaii, but I think that ship has sailed now. MOO

@CSIDreamer check out the dates and the difference in the language in the charges on the CD Criminal Complaint

Count I: “...on or between the 22nd day of September, 2019, and
the 9th day of June, 2020, in the County of Fremont, State of Idaho, did willfully conceal and/or did aid and abet another to willfully conceal human remains...”

Count II: “...that the Defendant, Chad Guy Daybell, on or between the 8th of September, 2019, and the 9th day of June, 2020, in the County of Fremont, State of Idaho, did willfully destroy, alter and/or conceal human remains, and/or did aid and abet another to willfully destroy, alter and/or conceal human remains knowing that said human remains...”

With respects, I don’t necessarily think you are incorrect in your assessment. Just for now, we are limited to this. I think it’s safe to say none of us know what really happened and to whom? After all, who could have even guessed this case would have taken the turns it has taken! Perhaps we are all too sane for that.

So this whole mess will be put on Alex and the other two monsters will get less. I am so disturbed this makes me sick at my stomach.
I agree. This could actually get Lori off. Tylee was killed hours after the Yellowstone trip so almost all of the evidence and probable cause against her on the child abandonment charges is gone. She could conceivably be released on Monday. I'm sure they are bulding murder/conspiracy cases against her but those are actually going to be hard with Alex dead. Let's just hope she called or texted Alex a few minutes before he showed up at her house in the middle of the night on 9/9. For all we know she'll say Alex snuck in in the middle of teh night to molest Tylee, when she resisted, Alex killed her and Lori only found out later.

I could easily see her getting off and Chad just getting the destroying evidence charges. The APC looks bad mostly for Alex and without him being able to defend himself, This might not turn out the way we hope!

Lesson we should all take away from this. Leave your phone at home when committing felonies!

Last edited:
I just saw one crossing the road at a very populated river hang out yesterday and thought to myself that he must be very hungry. I didn’t even think of that when reading the charging documents!

Still am curious what he *really* shot that day. I still really feel like everyone was poisoned, but the autopsies will confirm that for us eventually.
I've definitely seen raccoons active during the day. I think they are very opportunistic and depending on location, predatory pressure, and hunger, anything is possible. Locals woud be best to clarify if that is common on rural areas in eastern Idaho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader