Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if said adult child came and checked it out for themselves? IMO that child was at work, too.
Maybe so. I'm aware of the occupation of the adult child, but not of the adult child's spouse. Is that away from the home during the midmorning hours as well?

I just think CD was covering his bases as best he could, explaining digs and strange odors to others who might become curious about them. IMO.

Go back and listen to what Lori’s mother said about Alex in her interview ...She said they didn’t even know Alex moved & remarried. Mom & S laughed about the idea of him being a hitman. He was the kindest, funniest blah, blah and Lori was as beautiful inside as she was on the blah, blah....lived for her kids etc.
Evidently Lori kept telling Mom & S that she was protecting them (mom and s) cause Blah blah ( KW ) was threatening her.
S added( oddly) at the end if anything has happened to the children it’s not Lori’s fault.

ETA to add link

MOO

And the first words from her (LV) mom *off camera* were "well, we have a goal, so we are just going to do our part" said to Lori's sibling.

Okie dokey, we got that the objective of your interview was spin spin spin.....what is your part NOW?

Question: Is there a transcript of this interview anywhere?

ETA: As I said upthread, it's soooooooooo key to review these "talking point/support interviews after the fact. And I need to keep in mind which were done before/after the 10th when the affidavit was signed, and/or the date that the bodies were found.

@Tortoise ... I don't envy you as to keeping up with the timeline after March as soooooooooooo much has happened!

Kudos to you and look forward to update #9!

I listened to Gray Hughes last night and he has an interesting theory about TR's demise....he thinks (I am paraphrasing here, not his words verbatim) they slipped something in her drink when they stopped at the BBQ place and she fell asleep on the way home from Yellowstone due to the sedative.

Once they got back to Rexburg they put JJ to bed (he could have fallen asleep or been given a sedative as well) and just left TR in the truck where her further demise went down.

Thoughts?

I agree, and I feel like that is why the Risperdal was mentioned on the affidavit.

Anyone know if toxicology could be done on J.J. this long after?

I have been thinking a lot about dates and why things happened when, why not just murder JJ the same night as Tylee and bury them at Chad's the next day? Why wait for MG to come and visit and do it then? I think it was planned and in the works for them both to be killed in the autumn, why wait for JJ? Unless Tylee said something that made them think they couldn't wait and it was a bit rushed. But still, why wait for JJ? MOO
Serial killers take their victims one at a time, but usually when a family is murdered it seems to happen all at once. What I can fathom is that Lori, one by one, saw that you could get away with murder and it emboldened her to keep going. Whether or not her sister Stacey was murdered, she saw how that was investigated, same with her ex-husband JR. She saw how his death was easily pushed aside. Ditto Charles, whom I respect for all his efforts to save his family. Moving to Idaho where her family was unknown also made it easier to do things one at a time. No one outside of her little clan knew enough of her background to be overly suspicious. In one sense, taking things slowly allowed her to believe she could get away with it. If she and Chad had moved off grid to a tent city, maybe they wouldn’t be in jail now.

Of what benefit would it be for Alex to have JJ and Tylee dead? Only the person in whose care they were entrusted, and who was responsible for their day to day well-being would benefit from their deaths. IMO
Tylee witnessed what actually went down the day Charles died. From that day forward she was a huge liability. Once Tylee disappeared JJ became a liability because he’d question where she’d gone . And eventually Kay and Colby would get suspicious.

Did it really take only 2.5 hours to burn and bury the remains? It looks like they put bricks on top. How long does it take to dig a grave? How come that nobody saw it from the road that is next to the backyard or from the neighbor's house across the road? Were the neighbors at work at the time? Chad must have calculated the risk of being seen.
Maybe there goal was just to remove dna evidence- the evidence they thought they could remove. I imagine chad already had the hole dug and possibly even the fire started. Moo

TOTALLY AGREE.

I think Melani's kids were saved by somebody's bad aim, but also because too many people would have QUICKLY gone all Kay-and-Larry if they went missing.

Lori underestimated the care that would exist for Tylee and JJ-- thinking both of their fathers were dead and their maternal grandparents weren't going to generate a welfare check. But they didn't have those 'luxuries' with Melani and Brandon's children, and they knew it. It had to be a drive-by or some other death that didn't involve disappearance, but obviously, they were trying to help those four precious children meet the same fate.

This is really the most sickening, disgusting, heartbreaking, life-changing thing I've ever been a witness to in in my life.

I can understand this interpretation of Melani and the kids, but I, personally, don't think her children were facing death. Too much social security money expected, and Melani had no identity except through those kids and her church, but now Chad's churchy-stuff.

I feel that Lori had to keep Melani "in her place", and feel that is why Lori took her to HI. I feel that Lori knew that Melani would stay quiet IF she had the kids.

I actually thought Melani would be the first to crack, because she is so vulnerable, naive, and quite honestly, afflicted with the same Cox "diseases"/craziness.

Cannot wait for Brandon and Melani to go back to court.

But, were Lori and Alex in the same place? This was late afternoon on Oct 1, shortly after Lori rented the storage unit in ID and left a tote inside it. The shot at Brandon (presumably involving Alex) took place the next morning in AZ.
I’ve seen it proposed that they may have played a prior video in the background.

I have a few random thoughts -

1. Did everyone note that KW was listed in the affidavit as being believed to be a zombie? I’m so grateful they were arrested before anything was done to cause her physical harm.

2. Someone said JJ’s medication can cause fatigue & weight gain? I can’t find the quote... who was it that said Tylee was behaving unlike herself, that she seemed tired? (Sorry, I’ve been reading and digesting everything for 3 days straight and it’s all running together). Depression from the lives they were leading could certainly be a cause, but LV may have been slipping her JJ’s meds.

3. raccoons - mid-July for the first incident is interesting to me. Was there some kind of ceremonial element? Was mid-July the 11th or 12th & it related to CV? This is a stretch, but... did they maybe believe the possessing spirit transferred into an animal, and they had to kill that animal to fully eradicate the evil? Though they didn’t seem to have done this for JJ, at least not at CD’s...Unless the pet remains are recent and related.

I’m also wondering about ceremonial reasons for the fires.

I think, for some details, we need to step outside of “normal” reasoning & method behind things (e.g. covering up evidence) & step into ritualistic & metaphysical intentions. Like... perhaps Tylee was treated the way she was in death because they were trying to ensure the spirit they believed was inhabiting her from returning.

pure speculation & MOO... just thinking as someone with a theological background. There is great importance placed on Meaning of things rather than the things themselves.

ETA 4. The voice of JJ - LV has TR’s phone. She could have played a recording of his voice, no?

Last edited:
Regarding the texts To/From TD to CD about shooting the “raccoon”...

Did anyone find Tammys text response very odd? CD texts her at noon with the BS raccoon story telling TD he loves her. Three hours later TD replies with good for you and never replies ,”Love you too”.

I wonder just how bad their marriage had gotten before she died of “natural causes”...

Chad to Tammy at 11:53 am:
i. “Well, I've had an interesting morning! I felt I should bum all of the limb
debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While
I did so, I spotted a big racoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun,
and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick.
He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!”
Chad to Tammy at 11:56:
i. “Gonna shower now and then go write for a while at BYU. Love you!”
Tammy to Chad at 2:47 pm:
“Good for you!”
i.
Chad to Tammy at 2:48 pm:
“I’m
back home
now

Definitely talked about yesterday , many saw what you do.
The back home comment strikes me as a time stamp. He might not have been back at all.

That's a different Melani. Melani the niece isn't cooperative.
Didn’t Melani Lolo in Hawaii after Lolo tied the knot with Chaddy? If so, what did they discuss? Certainly not the elephant in the room...where are the kids.

Maybe there goal was just to remove dna evidence- the evidence they thought they could remove. I imagine chad already had the hole dug and possibly even the fire started. Moo

Well if someone found Tylee after she was murdered, maternal DNA would match to Lori.

If J.J. was found, but in an advanced state of decomposition (sorry), could/would DNA tie him to Lori since she was not his birth mother?

Well if someone found Tylee after she was murdered, maternal DNA would match to Lori.

If J.J. was found, but in an advanced state of decomposition (sorry), could/would DNA tie him to Lori since she was not his birth mother?
I don’t mean victim dna, that can be determined by teeth even. I mean crime being committed (perpetrators) dna.

Not sure. Police only told us where Alex' phone was pinging in September.
Looking forward to eventually learning about the location of AxC at the time BB was shot at and praying LE has that info as well as info about anyone who may have been with him.

So strange that AxC (and possibly MBP) knew enough about the usefulness of GPS to gift a watch with that capability to MBP's son (presumably to facilitate the shooting of BB without witnesses and without endangering the kids; extra creepy to use a kid in this way), but AxC carried his own phone with him to CD's backyard to dispose of the TR's and JJ's remains. It's like they thought GPS/Location Services were tools they could use, but that LE either wouldn't think of it or wouldn't have probable cause to search using those tools.

Also odd that they sent MG to check BB's house to see if the kids were still there if they had that GPS watch they could use to determine the kids' location. Maybe the real reason they sent MG was to monitor whether there was still some kind of ongoing LE investigation at the house.

1. In regards to Garth’s statement to neighbors about the raccoon and tree in July. I wonder if he was interviewed in regards to that?

2. The Probable Cause Affidavit was originally sealed to protect a person or persons. Knowing what we know now that was in it, who was it protecting and why did that change? I’m wondering if it was protecting the neighbors? But from who do they need protection? https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-755/Amended Order to Seal.pdf

My speculation is that 1. Garth was questioned about any talk of hearing a gun shot. 2. I speculate that the affidavit was sealed to protect KW and LW, and other next of kin, from knowing the circumstances surrounding the deaths of JJ and Tylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms