Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that - I'm saying his choice of wording is taunting and intentional. He is not really telling her about tree limbs. He is talking about limbs.
Agree.
He got a charge out of a the double meaning.
The commitment necessary to calculate risks, justify actions, conspire, kill, dismember, burn, bury, and continuously lie are an internal personality environment.
MOO and with that comes making inside jokes.
It's funny right? How obtuse and trusting his wife is.

So I am hoping our more legally astute folks will pipe in here. We received this "gift" of the Affidavit chock full of details and dates, because it was information filed soon after the search.

We now have delays of both hearings for Lori and Chad. Are there any possible or probable reasons that LE/FBI should or could come out with more information before the August hearings?

My questions are primarily because I am just feeling such excruciating impatience!

However, I am still thinking/hoping that additional phone records could point more to
  • MBP travel to HI
  • JC, BC, SS
  • Where MG, CD and LV were for the Sept podcast
  • and other possible unknown players out there. (e.g. I still have such a hard time believing Chad or Alex technically capable of dismembering a body)

Could they be using the BYU radio recording studio in Rexburg? Alumni may have access.

BYU- Radio About

We do a monthly podcast at work, and the participants can call in from a remote location to participate. The audio can be cleaned up from cell phone calls and it sounds pretty good. Also, our podcasts are recorded about a month in advance, sometimes more. I wanted to throw this out here because I don’t want anyone to get confused and think participants need to be in the same location to record a podcast.

Agree. Guests are typically in remote locations. They were getting together for the conference not the podcast.

Last edited:
Definitely talked about yesterday , many saw what you do.
The back home comment strikes me as a time stamp. He might not have been back at all.

Chad went to go have sex with Lori after butchering Tylee is my guess.
Unless there is evidence he actually went to the university to write, that's my guess. Maybe his mobile pings will show up where he went during that time.

Well if someone found Tylee after she was murdered, maternal DNA would match to Lori.

If J.J. was found, but in an advanced state of decomposition (sorry), could/would DNA tie him to Lori since she was not his birth mother?
No, JJ's DNA wouldn't match to Lori. Adoption doesn't lead to DNA changes. But his biological parents are known, so he could have been identified.

We do a monthly podcast at work, and the participants can call in from a remote location to participate. The audio can be cleaned up from cell phone calls and it sounds pretty good. Also, our podcasts are recorded about a month in advance, sometimes more. I wanted to throw this out here because I don’t want anyone to get confused and think participants need to be in the same location to record a podcast.
Right, i do understand that...it's just that Melanie has indicated that she and Lori were both shy on technology... but I guess I am really making the case, of how busy they all were to even have the time.

Serial killers take their victims one at a time, but usually when a family is murdered it seems to happen all at once. What I can fathom is that Lori, one by one, saw that you could get away with murder and it emboldened her to keep going. Whether or not her sister Stacey was murdered, she saw how that was investigated, same with her ex-husband JR. She saw how his death was easily pushed aside. Ditto Charles, whom I respect for all his efforts to save his family. Moving to Idaho where her family was unknown also made it easier to do things one at a time. No one outside of her little clan knew enough of her background to be overly suspicious. In one sense, taking things slowly allowed her to believe she could get away with it. If she and Chad had moved off grid to a tent city, maybe they wouldn’t be in jail now.
Agree.
Killing a teen daughter unnoticed is hard, first you have to pare away their active friendships and then destroy all their future plans and all the contacts that involves. This is so much more than murder.

Omg, y’all!!! I just read all the docs. How horrible! We were all prepared that it would be bad, but somehow seeing it described makes it hit different. It amazes me that these people got away with all these (alleged...as if) murders. I can’t even fully try to imagine how the actual events went down. I just pray those kids were largely unaware of what awaited them, especially at the time of the murders. I think it’s sheer torture to be scared and terrorized before your murder. I wonder what their last months were like with such disillusioned and basically imo psychotic caretakers. Idk how this will all pan out in court, but I hope they have enough to successfully get Chad and Lori both on Murder 1, and toss them under the prison. It looks like Alex’s involvement was basically as a hit man. Pinning the literal murders on him could lead to Murder 2. He’s not here to break and tell the truth, or defend himself (as if). I’d put off coming to this thread as much as possible because it disturbs me so much to know what kind of big plates of crazy those kids likely lived through for a substantial amount of time. I hope they can’t successfully use an insanity plea, though it sounds like a nutty cult they were in. To cover it up as they did, and their actions and statements afterwards, should be enough to disprove insanity. Ugh! Bless those kids hearts.
JMO

Tylee witnessed what actually went down the day Charles died. From that day forward she was a huge liability. Once Tylee disappeared JJ became a liability because he’d question where she’d gone . And eventually Kay and Colby would get suspicious.

I agree with you that Tylee was killed because she was a witness to what actually went down the day Charles was shot. If sufficient evidence can be found to demonstrate that she was killed to keep her from talking as a witness, it would elevate the charges.

Remember the words JJ shouted when he was captured on the Ring doorbell camera video? "Get the hell out of here!" he says repeatedly. Now, I wonder whether he walked in on the murder of Tylee, like if she had been sedated and was being suffocated or drowned in the bathtub. Perhaps he wasn't a witness to the shooting of Charles, but to the murder of his sister and at that point became a liability because he couldn't shut up about it.

ETA: TR killed 9/8 and her remains disposed of on 9/9. JJ seen on neighbor's RING doorbell video 9/17. JJ has meltdown in front of nanny on 9/19 (I'm curious whether he used these words in front of the nanny). 9/20 LVD tells MG JJ became a zombie the day before. 9/23 JJ murdered and his remains disposed on on 9/24.

Last edited:
I can understand this interpretation of Melani and the kids, but I, personally, don't think her children were facing death. ...
My guess on whether Melani's children would have been in danger if Melani got custody-depends on whether or not Mealni's children would have become zombies. Which apparently depends on whatever Chad decides (with his pendulum, or however he figures out who became a zombie). I absolutely am not going to assume Melani's children would have been safe.

So I am hoping our more legally astute folks will pipe in here. We received this "gift" of the Affidavit chock full of details and dates, because it was information filed soon after the search.

We now have delays of both hearings for Lori and Chad. Are there any possible or probable reasons that LE/FBI should or could come out with more information before the August hearings?

My questions are primarily because I am just feeling such excruciating impatience!

However, I am still thinking/hoping that additional phone records could point more to
  • MBP travel to HI
  • JC, BC, SS
  • Where MG, CD and LV were for the Sept podcast
  • and other possible unknown players out there. (e.g. I still have such a hard time believing Chad or Alex technically capable of dismembering a body)

I have my ideas about how this occurred. You don't just use a shovel for digging. You always have one in hand while burning, to cut the pieces into smaller portions and stir the fire. Truly horrific and unfeeling. I hate to even think it, but it could very well have happened that way. IMO

Didn’t Melani Lolo in Hawaii after Lolo tied the knot with Chaddy? If so, what did they discuss? Certainly not the elephant in the room...where are the kids.
There are two Melani(e)s. One is Melani Pawlowski, Lori's niece. She was with Lori in Hawaii in October, which was before her wedding to Chad. She also lived next door to Lori in Rexburg. This Melani is still defending Lori. Melanie Gibb is Lori's friend who visited Lori in September when JJ was still alive. She went to police in December.

I agree with you that Tylee was killed because she was a witness to what actually went down the day Charles was shot. If sufficient evidence can be found to demonstrate that she was killed to keep her from talking as a witness, it would elevate the charges.

Remember the words JJ shouted when he was captured on the Ring doorbell camera video? "Get the hell out of here!" he says repeatedly. Now, I wonder whether he walked in on the murder of Tylee, like if she had been sedated and was being suffocated or drowned in the bathtub. Perhaps he wasn't a witness to the shooting of Charles, but to the murder of his sister and at that point became a liability because he couldn't shut up about it.
She was already interviewed by the police about Charles. She has told her variation of self-defense story. No charges were brought. I don't see that as a motive.

Omg, y’all!!! I just read all the docs. How horrible! We were all prepared that it would be bad, but somehow seeing it described makes it hit different. It amazes me that these people got away with all these (alleged...as if) murders. I can’t even fully try to imagine how the actual events went down. I just pray those kids were largely unaware of what awaited them, especially at the time of the murders. I think it’s sheer torture to be scared and terrorized before your murder. I wonder what their last months were like with such disillusioned and basically imo psychotic caretakers. Idk how this will all pan out in court, but I hope they have enough to successfully get Chad and Lori both on Murder 1, and toss them under the prison. It looks like Alex’s involvement was basically as a hit man. Pinning the literal murders on him could lead to Murder 2. He’s not here to break and tell the truth, or defend himself (as if). I’d put off coming to this thread as much as possible because it disturbs me so much to know what kind of big plates of crazy those kids likely lived through for a substantial amount of time. I hope they can’t successfully use an insanity plea, though it sounds like a nutty cult they were in. To cover it up as they did, and their actions and statements afterwards, should be enough to disprove insanity. Ugh! Bless those kids hearts.
JMO
Agree. MOO every person has a fail safe switch that alerts them, "I am getting involved in something really nutty, the end game of this nutty faith would hurt my kids etc."
Overriding the internal alarm is a choice. She made that choice because of affair with CD.

Last edited:
I have my ideas about how this occurred. You don't just use a shovel for digging. You always have one in hand while burning, to cut the pieces into smaller portions and stir the fire. Truly horrific and unfeeling. I hate to even think it, but it could very well have happened that way. IMO
What about the claim that the fire would have to burn nearly for days in order for the remains to be destroyed? Here it was done in a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks