Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not aware of the occupations or even who lived in the house and who lived across the street, but doesn't one of those people have an infant? So someone would be home caring for the infant, presumably? Either in Tammy's house or the house across the street with the other adult child. It seems reckless to stand out in the yard for hours with a dead body while someone is in the house who can see, hear, and smell what is going on.

ETA: indicolite22 quote

It sounds like JJ was wrapped in plastic so it probably wasn't that obvious and we know Tylee was burned so that's not going to look much like a body either, but then again I wouldn't know. I've never done anything like that.

And if three of your kids were responsible for deaths I bet you’d wrack your brain trying to understand where you went wrong. Even if you weren’t even a tiny bit responsible. Most people would. However I’d bet money that thought has not once nor will ever cross Janis’ mind. That difference IMO is exactly why your kids will never be like hers.

I believe it's more nurture (or lack of) vs. nature, so not at all surprised by her mother's and sister's take on all this.

Also in the document found on IP's computer he states that Melanie told him that she learned some of these things in the temple and some from chad and lori, How many others are in this temple teaching this crazy stuff? and how many other believers are out there?
Far more than most of us would like to believe, I’m sure of that. It seems that politics and religion can really attract some extremists.

And if three of your kids were responsible for deaths I bet you’d wrack your brain trying to understand where you went wrong. Even if you weren’t even a tiny bit responsible. Most people would. However I’d bet money that thought has not once nor will ever cross Janis’ mind. That difference IMO is exactly why your kids will never be like hers.
I don’t know if this woman thinks this way, but it seems that “Satan” is the one getting a lot of blame in this case, for misleading people.

Honestly, I just watched this last night. I’m sure you guys hashed this out completely. I just have to say that it was so disgusting and hard to listen to.

But, assuming we can discuss this, was it ironic that Jason Mow was in the neighborhood as Lori suggested or normal? How’d he stay out of the limelight and interviews? Sickening seeing Lori and Melanie ooh and ahh over him.
I take it this was the day of/day after Charles went to a hotel looking for her?

I am leaning towards Lori and Chad planned to pin this all on Alex and like maybe Alex had convinced them he brought them to caregivers and were safe and theyd be in touch now eventually and he died (possibly planned with or without him..like a suicide mission for the 144,000 theme) and they didnt know where he sent them etc etc etc and then is the huge shock they are dead and they had no idea that he had killed them.. omg.. the fact that we can even think up all these scenarios means they are just that evil.

Sorry if it's been said before.. I lurk have had the account for a while. Dont usually post but this keeps going through my head they cannot get away with this!!

I agree. I think maybe they just got take out. It seems about the right number of minutes to have a fresh BBQ order prepared. The ping schedule from here on out is too tight for them to have done anything before getting home.
I'm thinking Tylee was already dead by this point.
I'm not sure. If it was anything too obvious, then JJ would have freaked out.

The separation of children from family sounds like Scientology beliefs....I am glad she said NO
Jumping off your post - this is why MB's children were/are at risk. If MB wanted to be one of the 144,000, then she would need to 'separate' from her children. I got the distinct impression that the 144,000 are couples - no children allowed.

I wonder about Lori's mom assuring everyone she talked to JJ for a long time in October. I bet she's regretting that now. MOO
LOL-- Yeah.. October 1st-- she talked to JJ, because you know, well, you know, and he knows--you know, he knows who we are.
Here is the quote
""
Janis Cox says she called Lori on October 1 — a full week later — and could hear JJ playing in the background. She gave "48 Hours" her phone records that showed a 97-minute call.

Janis Cox: He was alive and well.

Jonathan Vigliotti: How do you know that though?

Janis Cox: Because I know JJ … no one's gonna pretend to be JJ.

At one point, she says JJ actually got on the phone and said, "Hi Mimi," his nickname for her.

Jonathan Vigliotti: You spoke with him though on the phone?

Janis Cox: Yeah. Yes. And I heard him and he was out playing … And— he just takes the phone, you know — and he knows — you know, he knows who we are.

Janis Cox: So he still knew I'm Mimi, you know? He still knew me, Mimi.

Just WOW-- a straight out and out LIE--- did he speak to her through the veil ??
Inquiring minds want to know.
She and the whole family are nothing but a bunch of liars, IMO

I agree. I think maybe they just got take out. It seems about the right number of minutes to have a fresh BBQ order prepared. The ping schedule from here on out is too tight for them to have done anything before getting home.
I'm thinking Tylee was already dead by this point.
Given this more thought. I think not. I think whatever happened to Tylee happened in the early hours of the morning as per ACs phone pings.

Last edited:
I really don't think TR was dead before they left Yellowstone Park, JMO. There has to be some reason Alex went back and forth a few times to Lori's apartment that night/early morning and my guess is he was checking to make sure she was finally dead after the poison/strangling/whatever and then wrapping the body to take over to Chad's.

The word "teaching" that comes up in regard to a cult, makes no sense to me. I've seen it with other cults or developing cults, and it seems to refer to anything any self-proclaimed expert has to say on a matter. So I can understand teaching from a person who has studied the LDS church extensively and has been--at least--a Sunday school teacher, for instance. I cannot understand why anyone would see a cultist like Chad as any kind of teacher. These are not teachings; they are opinions, and in this case the opinions and manipulations of a charlatan.

Chad wrote fiction. I can see where it would be natural to ask Chad at some of these conferences (book selling events) for Chad's take on something that he had wrote about, some character, some esoteric ancient knowledge; his comment on Church history, recent disclosures. Whispered topics.

Yes opinions on, IMO, or theories. This is not that uncommon of a genre in literature, and not uncommon in spiritual circles. It is for people for whom the plain old gospel is not enough. There must be MORE.

At some point these fictional writings came to be looked upon by some as prophesies, even by Chad himself. As a good LDS members, Chad was raised on similar stories and told they were the very truth. Told that it was absolutely possible for these things to happen to the common man. The temples themselves are testimony to how many absolutely believe the Angel Moroni delivered a message for these "latter days".

It's the problems of our world encapsulated. Somebody thinks they're hearing from God, and God always agrees with them. JMO

Do we know whether any mental health professionals have seen Lori in jail? Would we know that, if it happened?

I think there’s a real possibility that they’ll have to determine if she’s competent to stand trial. What we’ve already seen of her in court suggests that she has no idea whatsoever about what’s facing her. Her loony, haughty demeanor in the early hearing — when she knew full well those kids were murdered— raises some huge questions.

I don’t know how much intelligence plays a role in those determinations, but she must be of abnormally low intelligence, based on her behavior. That may be a factor, too.

I’m preparing for competence questions and hearings to come up. But you also wonder if Means will/can do this. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the judge raises the issue of her competence on his own.
Honestly, I think not. My reasoning being that she has lied to cover up a wrong. She has lied to mislead people. IMO, people who do these things know right from wrong, and if you know right from wrong, you're mentally competent. As for Mr Means esq, I really think he'll jump ship once murder charges are laid and discovery in relation to the murders is released. There is no way he is competent counsel for a potential death penalty case.

If she's found competent to stand trial, then she's gonna be up for Best Actress
Could she be putting on an act? Trying to fool people?

Competency to stand trial is a pretty low bar and absolutely met in Lori's case. Basically, if she can understand the charges, cooperate with her counsel and communicate then she's good to go. Interestingly, Idaho is one of four states that have abolished the insanity defense.

Poisoned? Drugged?

I’m betting on the Risperdal.

LE searched LVs apartment on Nov. 27th they found JJs prescription STILL IN THE HOUSE.

LE also searched the storage unit the same day. They found the kids personal effects (blankets, photo albums, etc.).

Now why would you NOT throw out that prescription when you are trying to erase any evidence of the kids living there? Even if LV was pretending the kids were with someone else, wouldn’t you still throw the medicine out and say that it went with J.J. wherever she CLAIMED he was at the moment?

IMO, the answer is that you have plans to use the Risperdal AGAIN. It worked pretty effectively on Tylee so they used it for TD. Once it worked on TD, they (LV and CD) kept it handy for whomever was “next”. Maybe it eventually worked on AC?

After the poop show with the attempted hit on BB, they couldn’t risk drawing that kind of attention to themselves again. The death of CV (understandably) brought a huge amount of attention. Not gonna get by LE with the ole, “Well I shot him in self defense” excuse AGAIN.

My other thoughts on the drug are that LV had not filled the prescription since January. LV taking J.J. off of those meds supported her story that he was “dark”, climbing kitchen cabinets, saying he loved the devil, etc.

Last edited:
""
Janis Cox says she called Lori on October 1 — a full week later — and could hear JJ playing in the background. She gave "48 Hours" her phone records that showed a 97-minute call.

Janis Cox: He was alive and well.

Jonathan Vigliotti: How do you know that though?

Janis Cox: Because I know JJ … no one's gonna pretend to be JJ.

At one point, she says JJ actually got on the phone and said, "Hi Mimi," his nickname for her.

Jonathan Vigliotti: You spoke with him though on the phone?

Janis Cox: Yeah. Yes. And I heard him and he was out playing … And— he just takes the phone, you know — and he knows — you know, he knows who we are.

Janis Cox: So he still knew I'm Mimi, you know? He still knew me, Mimi.

Just WOW-- a straight out and out LIE--- did he speak to her through the veil ??
Inquiring minds want to know.
She and the whole family are nothing but a bunch of liars, IMO
She may face charges for that lie. Following these interviews she was served with a search warrant. It's sealed.

Can you think of another case where 2 serial killers met and combined forces? Three of them? This is starting to look like that to me...

I do not think Lori or Chad are serial killers. I think they have shared psychotic disorder, or Folie à deux. This is yet, another reason this case is compellingly bizarre.

But there is no way they can plead insanity.

From the American Psychological Association, in reference to a murder case Idaho v. Delling:

“In 1982, the Idaho Legislature repealed Idaho's insanity defense statute and enacted a law that states that "mental condition shall not be a defense to any charge of criminal conduct”.

The U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear Delling's case; thus, the insanity defense remains unavailable to criminal defendants in Idaho.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy