Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter so much if he was religious before, at the time of the murders he appeared to strongly believe in the cause. MBP told IP that "Al had great faith and never wavered in his trust in the Lord. No task would be too difficult or great for him." Alex himself told MG that he believed in zombies. It is likely that he was the one who shot at BB. That could have been another murder.
True but I don't believe anything MBP says and not sure on MG at all. We haven't seen or heard it from him directly.

I find that man mesmerising. So many things go through my head when watching him. That is all.

the KM interview is tremendous and I recommend everyone taking the 15 minutes necessary to watch it. His wealth of experience was IMO invaluable in the informed conclusions he has drawn.

Please provide a source for that because I know of no company that would allow a password change by phone.

mine, for starters. I know because I went through it in the middle of the open office, and it was rather embarrassing. My retirement plan purveyor allowed you to recite and record a ‘vocal pass phrase’ in order to get access to your 401k.

True but I don't believe anything MBP says and not sure on MG at all. We haven't seen or heard it from him directly.
Stating how religious Alex was was actually incriminating for him because it was mentioned together with the sentence that he might have harmed the kids. MBP expressed her concern to IP, while in public she is defending Alex and would not repeat the claim. MG doesn't have a motive to lie about him, IMO.

I’ve been listening to old news in the background of my day. This interview has some questions for me.

My main question : is it possible that Chad and Lori knew each other before the conference Melanie and Lori went to in October 2018?because Melanie says she thought Lori might’ve just walked up to the table to meet chad and was unclear if she introduced them.

1. Why did Melanie say (in my paraphrase) when you realize people that are close to you have been involved in kidnapping..? (First two minutes)

What is she talking about? Why didn’t she just say missing kids?

2. She sounded like she believed JJ and Tyler to be dead. Why? (Listen in first two minutes)

3. How does she not think odd that ONE man comes and stays with a house full of women? She says Lori and Chad went jogging the next morning. I don’t think so... I’m thinking they were already in an affair or it started then.

4. Why after this interview where she warned those that believe this did she feel the need to post on Avow? What is different about that besides her mention of Christopher Parrett?

5. Why did she act like multiple probations talk was new to her with Chad? Had she truly not heard of it before?

Here's the deal. Judges are very aware that the constitution prohibits unreasonable search and seizures and that it is imperative that law enforcement and prosecutors be limited to proving truly legitimate reasons to invade someone's property. A search warrant WAS obtained to search the house last year but there was insufficient information to support a claim that bodies were buried on the property. Only after the CAST team put together the information did they have sufficient proof to support the search warrant. I could tell you some hair-raising stories of abuse by prosecutors and police officers so I appreciate that the judiciary requires more than a rubber stamp to support probable cause to search my home and property. We don't know everything yet, but it does appear to me that this has been a careful and professional investigation. Chad and Lori were under watch early on and were in no danger of escaping. Yes, I wish the cell data had been analyzed sooner, but I don't know how much work was being done and in what order. Until we hear more I would respectfully urge us to give law enforcement and the prosecution the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for letting me weight in. Only my opinion, of course, and I respect yours.
I appriciate your opinion and in principle I largely agree with you. I do not agree that it would of been unreasonable for a cadaver dog to sniff his property, alexs property, the vehicles, the storage unit, etc....

We laugh but they're probably going to claim this as evidence that their visions weren't wrong... their otherworldly GPS merely needs calibration.

I’m convinced that’s why Lori is still placidly reading and praying in jail... she still thinks she’s justified and that the same earthquake which benefited (Daniel? Apostle Paul? Whomever that Bible individual was), is going to ‘open prison doors and set the captives free’; and that it is coming for she and Chad specifically because they are Righteous.

It doesn't matter so much if he was religious before, at the time of the murders he appeared to strongly believe in the cause. MBP told IP that "Al had great faith and never wavered in his trust in the Lord. No task would be too difficult or great for him." Alex himself told MG that he believed in zombies. It is likely that he was the one who shot at BB. That could have been another murder.

I think these statements were a coordinated and convenient effort to cover and assign blame "just in case". Melani even told Ian she was somehow absolved or disconnected from the murder attempt on BB since Alex was dead (I need help finding that reference). So I really do think that the whole group believes that if they can just pin everything on Alex, all of their problems just go away. Moo.

Last edited:
Bouncing off my last post about AxC... Is it possible he was trying to protect the kids?

(Feel free to poke holes in this theory; just throwing things out here)

What if LV was the one who pulled the trigger on CV? Maybe she convinced AxC that if the police knew she'd done it, she wouldn't get his insurance money [not knowing at the time, of course, that she was no longer the beneficiary], or that the authorities would take Tylee & JJ away from her [especially with the things CV had already told the police about her]? So she lays out the "self-defense" story and AxC goes along with it, thinking he's protecting her and the kids.

From this point on, AxC knows exactly what LV does to those she considers "zombies," and being close to her, he almost certainly would have known that LV called Tylee one, too. Could it be that he "played along," pretending in front of MBP & MG that he bought into the religious stuff so that he could stay on LV's good side and keep an eye on the kids? (Knowing as well that going to the police hadn't done CV any good.)

In Sept 2019, he comes to Rexburg with them and lives with LV for a week before renting his own apartment in the same complex. This seems to me that the move wasn't something he'd planned out in advance (or he would have had a place lined up for himself) AND/OR that it was VERY important to him that he remain physically near LV & the kids (maybe he had to wait for an apartment to open up nearby?)

There's a lot of gaps in the timeline on the night of Sept 8/9, but AxC was at LV's apartment three times (from 8:37-9:35pm, from 10:44-11:15pm, and from 2:42-3:37am). He went to the gas station between the first two visits, but was at his own apartment (about two blocks away) between the second two.

If Tylee was already dead at the 11pm visit, then why would he need to come back a few hours later at 3am? On the flip side, if he'd been planning to kill Tylee that night at 3am, why go home for such a short time around 11pm, instead of just sticking around? It makes me think that the 3am visit was unexpected, unplanned (at least for him). I think LV called him up at 3am and somehow manipulated him into bring Tylee's [already dead] body to CD's house (which he'd already been at a few days earlier -- though notably NOT in the yard).

And I think at that as soon as AxC agreed to that, he was in too deep and had to go along with whatever else LV & CD said up until the moment he passed away, knowing full well that they could easily turn on him, and that if they did, the evidence would show he'd had a hand in it.

MOO

DEA controlled substances were shipped for incineration under VERY rigorous guidelines, not likely any driver coud have easily gotten this as each container is inventoried and sealed and accompanied with a chain of custody form.

Oh, I wasn't thinking about shipping of controlled substances. I'm thinking more about truckstops being a likely place for buying and selling more than just fuel and snacks. To put it more bluntly, prostitution and drug trade definitely happen around truck stops.

I'm not sure. How would they know its been released if they have no access to media? Are their lawyers likely to take the picture into jail and ask them what the relevance is?
From this court tv video- Lori has access to a tablet for “zoom like” communications via telmate Telmate – Transforming Inmate Communicationsin the activity room (I think they called it that) whenever she wants. She can call out but calls in have to be approved. So I imagine anyone can share it with her.

...she still thinks she’s justified and that the same earthquake which benefited (Daniel? Apostle Paul? Whomever that Bible individual was), is going to ‘open prison doors and set the captives free’; and that it is coming for she and Chad specifically because they are Righteous.

It's Paul & Silas (Acts 16). The reference is a bit ironic in this case, with all the prophecies being flung around, bc Paul & Silas were actually in prison for removing a demon from a slave girl, thereby making her no longer able to prophecy about the future (which her master had been exploiting for money).

Oh, I wasn't thinking about shipping of controlled substances. I'm thinking more about truckstops being a likely place for buying and selling more than just fuel and snacks. To put it more bluntly, prostitution and drug trade definitely happen around truck stops.

you mean, ‘from a driver friend/acquaintance who is a user of drugs to stay awake, etc.’, correct?

I appriciate your opinion and in principle I largely agree with you. I do not agree that it would of been unreasonable for a cadaver dog to sniff his property, Alex's property, the vehicles, the storage unit, etc....
Oh, I most certainly agree it would have been a great idea and, obviously, would have borne fruit. However, I say that with the benefit of hindsight. The only issue is whether LE and the prosecution could present sufficient information to obtain a search warrant to search Chad's property. If they did not have Alex's cell phone data analyzed I don't believe they would have had enough basis (at least according to what info we are aware of). Back in December would they have had sufficient basis to dig up the yards of all the family members and Chad's close associates? Clearly not (in my opinion). Maybe it would help me if you write a simple paragraph that you would have presented to the judge supporting a warrant allowing them to dig up the yard without the cell phone data. You may be able to convince me. Give it a shot!

@indicolite22 this is not directed at you, but your comment provides me a convenient opportunity to say this, so please know this is aimed at pretty much all of us:

I feel as if we all need to try to salvage a little empathy from the middle of our scorn and anger and outrage. It is very easy to dislike these folks or assign some evil to them by association. It's easy to say that anyone who is or has ever been on Team Lori and expresses support for her is either stupid or evil themselves. But it's not exactly a fair and balanced view of a three-dimensional human, is it?

Does she (SS) really need to explicitly state that she was wrong to support her sister? Is there a bill of grievances we can list that she could apologize for and she would then be considered to have shown "sufficient" atonement? If you were speaking to her (SS) face-to-face, would you feel comfortable reading that list off to her and demanding her compliance with your view of proper atonement? She who has lost her brother, her niece and her nephew to something that the many sharp minds here on WS still struggle daily to explain coherently?

Is it ever wrong to support a family member, other than in aiding or abetting criminal activities, or condoning them? Those poor children were dead before anybody even noticed they were gone, and before SS and JC were interviewed. We can't change what had already happened and I don't think her expressions of support for her sister or that dismissing the idea that her sister could have harmed the kids are unforgivable acts. Nothing she might have said or done months ago could change the outcome that they were already dead before you or I had ever heard of her, much less heard her speak, or had time to resent her for dismissively protecting her sister.

Families and people are real and people have problems and many families are dysfunctional. I grew up in one, and I think many of us who are here on WS have lived through or experienced or been shaped in some way by some dysfunction in our past. SS is no different. She may express herself in a way or with a tone that rubs us the wrong way, but she's dealing with a big gaping loss in her life, and us ascribing a bunch of ill intent or our judgement of how she's handling her feelings seems like we're just heaping abuse on another victim, no matter how distasteful we find her comments. It's not helping solve a crime. It's not providing closure to anyone. It's not directing our negative feelings at the right target. And frankly, it's petty.

Thanks for listening. MOO

Not snipping at all because this bears repeating. Well said!!! 100%

Additional testing ordered on remains of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan | East Idaho News
“Outside and ancillary testing has been ordered and will take several weeks to return. Once all results are received, the forensic pathologist’s reports will be provided to the Fremont County Coroner,” Ada County Coroner Dotti Owens said in a news release.

Jeez, I just wish there was a press release that said "we are turning over to the FBI for all testing"..... I guess that doesn't happen, but wish it could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member