Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing a case here in Georgia where a mother kept telling that the child was with a relative in this state or that state and the story kept changing. They put her in jail until she could produce the child. I can't remember the case but just wondering why they can't do something like this to put the pressure on the mother to reveal where the children are.

“She just seemed off. There were a lot of strange goings-on at their home to the point that a judge ordered cameras to be put in their home to protect the children,” Cheryl recalls.

Charles Vallow's ex-wife had concerns about Lori Daybell over 10 years ago and thinks his shooting death was '100% planned' | East Idaho News
She seems to thrive on drama and control. I hope they can find a reason to extradite her and keep her out of the loop. Pile the pressure on Chad to see what he knows and what she’s told him about the kids. If he says nothing tell her he’s singing like a canary anyway. See how she reacts when she’s no longer in control. Moo

I remember seeing a case here in Georgia where a mother kept telling that the child was with a relative in this state or that state and the story kept changing. They put her in jail until she could produce the child. I can't remember the case but just wondering why they can't do something like this to put the pressure on the mother to reveal where the children are.
This is what they need to do, especially if they can get her in a cell with prisoners that can scare the life out of her. I’ve read a few times where they use prisoners as informants in return for a lesser sentence. Put her in with people who can act well but wouldn’t really hurt her and see what they can get out of her. She’s used to being in control and she doesn’t seem equipped to deal with people from that other side of life. Perhaps where her looks won’t work to her advantage anymore...and may even go against her. Moo

Lori took JJ out of school in Sept for a reason. We don't know the reason but she said the reason was to homeschool. They were not seen again so the kids at least went somewhere and Lori too probably. Lori and Chad are next mentioned on Nov 26th with no kids. My opinion is I think she hid them as she doesn't want anyone else having them. What is it that you think if you don't think they are hidden?

To follow your line of thinking, the children would either be:
1. Hiding out somewhere alone together
or
2. They are being hidden by someone, which means that someone else does have them.

“She just seemed off. There were a lot of strange goings-on at their home to the point that a judge ordered cameras to be put in their home to protect the children,” Cheryl recalls.

Charles Vallow's ex-wife had concerns about Lori Daybell over 10 years ago and thinks his shooting death was '100% planned' | East Idaho News

No funeral for Charles and she had him cremated. That's a really cheap way to handle death. I realize cremation is an affordable option for many, so don't get offended. My point is, Lori could have easily had a funeral for him.

And first wife says he was not a violent person.

Jmo

To follow your line of thinking, the children would either be:
1. Hiding out somewhere alone together
or
2. They are being hidden by someone, which means that someone else does have them.
I don’t know exactly what I think, but I don’t think Lori sounds like someone who would allow the children to be with others with whom they could freely communicate.

I don’t know exactly what I think, but I don’t think Lori sounds like someone who would allow the children to be with others with whom they could freely communicate.

I'm now swayed a bit by this latest revelation she's had no qualms for years about taking off and leaving children mostly unattended. Jmo.

I get the impression that LV was not a very hands-on mom, and that although the kids were always well provided for financially due to her husbands that that is all it was. Colby seems extremely independent and from what he describes so was Tylee. A big clue is that she had taken on the role of parenting JJ.

I don't understand not asking where they moved to either but I personally know someone just like that. I wish I did understand it so I am hoping someone will explain this type of personality.

I can relate to Colby not asking where they were moving. I have a very close family member who has been in and out of a lot of relationships, she has several children, and moves all the time. I love her dearly and we're actually super close, but the last time she told me she was moving, I didn't ask for more information. Why not? Because it's frustrating watching someone you love make illogical decisions, and it is tiring trying to parent someone who is not your child. I just wanted her to be stable, and I also didn't want her instability disrupting my life. Once she was settled, I got a call and found where she moved.

I think Colby is just trying to live a good life with his family. It makes sense that he would try to reduce the amount of drama in his life. Also, he's the child. Why didn't his mom tell him where they were going? Colby mentions that moving is something they did a lot, so maybe this was a bit of a pattern.

Soooo....OMG you guys...I've been reading bits and pieces of this case in the news here and there, mainly some headlines, etc. Well, I fully started down the rabbit hole of insanity this weekend when I read the exceedingly detailed and well put together summary of the events thus far at the start of this thread!!! Thank you and kudos to @Gardener1850 for all the hard work!

I mean...wow! I'm completely flabbergasted at the level of crazy and destruction that is involved here. Cults, religious leaders, killing of spouses, killing of in-laws, brother as hit man, money, missing children, apocalyptic books, etc...I think this will rank right up there as one of the truly most bizarre cases Websleuths has ever seen, and we've seen some doozies!

OK, back off to read more and catch up with at least the last couple threads before I comment more, but I will say that I'm very very not hopeful that the children are still alive. These two seem to have no scruples or qualms about offing those who stand in their way, question them, or even minorly inconvenience them.

Well, he is her son so he probably has higher opinion of her because of that. Considering JR was assaulted by her brother back in 2007 (long before any doomsday prepper scenarios) I kind of doubt things were pretty good.
I was just referring to the time period Lori and Charles were together. I'm not saying things were perfect, but it seems like things changed last year. Also, KW has no reason to say anything nice about Lori, and I can't think of why she would lie about that.

I used to think Lori was just narcissistic and immature, now I am thinking she is an immature sociopath-a white trash simpleton that belongs in jail regardless of whether they find those poor kids alive. The more I read on this case the more I am frustrated with the lack of investigative work that should have been done from the get go when people were being shot at and shot! Everyday people don’t get shot at, everyday people don’t react to there former spouse being murdered the way she did! Appalled at all this-my flabber is gasted!

Last edited:
From what and why would they be hiding? No one provided any good reason why Lori would need to hide the kids. She could legally enroll JJ in any school she wants. There was no custody battle. Grandparents only wanted to talk with him and have him visit occasionally, and she could allow that or not (because grandparents don't have many rights). And absolutely nobody else had any desire to file for custody of Tylee. I don't think they kids are hidden anywhere.
Maybe she just paid Tylee to keep quiet and hideout for x amount of time? Paid someone else to hide them for x amount of time?

This photo taken by Kay Woodcock that accompanied Nate’s article Charles Vallow's ex-wife had concerns about Lori Daybell over 10 years ago and thinks his shooting death was '100% planned' | East Idaho News today has me in tears.

That Lori tried to sell Bailey, this loving companion of JJ, that she cannot comprehend that her actions have caused so much concern for her children by complete strangers all over the world is just incomprehensible. How Chad Daybell went from being married to a decent, normal human being to being married to a cruel sociopath is insane as well.

Or maybe she can comprehend it all and delights in the anguish she causes.

upload_2020-2-3_10-57-52.jpeg

So Colby says Lori told him that CV had a heart attack initially.

8-2019 colby was told by Lori that she got a new job and they were moving. Didn’t say where.

Lori used Tylee’s account for Venmo. She wasn’t tech savvy.

Colby says two detectives came on 11-27 to his house and he called her (lori) and he said what’s up, she says I got it, I’ll take care of it.

ETA: Colby hasn’t talked to Lori since 11-27.
This says something about Lori's character. IMO. She said he died of a heart attack? In her texts to his son about his father's death, she suggests she didn't know what killed Charles and they needed to wait for the medical examiner's conclusions? Instead of just telling the truth, which is going to come out anyway, she lies and is cagey. She also claimed she was moving for a job--what job?? She apparently thinks what she says, people will just believe, and it doesn't occur to her that there are FACTS and those facts will come out and she'll have to answer for it. IMO, normal people don't think in this way. MOO.

Ok, I’m still fixated on interpreting the video with Justin and Colby. Longer thoughts on this later.

Additionally, there is a certain fundraising campaign out there for Colby that has a description that everyone here should read.

I want to reference a post from early in where the Gray Hughes video mentions that Alex gave Colby his car. I haven’t gone back and listened again to remember the dates or when’s or why’s about that. But I find very interesting that someone gives you an entire car and his death is not mentioned in an interview? Or any love for him either?

This relates to the certain fundraising campaign as well.

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

(Portions of the post I copied here)

Around min 39 Gray reads this info (summarized in my own words, because Gray reads it awkwardly)

Alex Cox gave his own car to Colby (the oldest son of Lori) just out of nowhere weeks ago.
The police are checking it for DNA and haven’t given the car back to Colby.

MOO

LE must have reason to believe Alex Cox's personal vehicle was used to transport a body/crime was committed. I believe the Arizona investigation into Charles Vallow's death was never closed, and they had been working to gather evidence. I'm now afraid that they suspect Alex Cox killed someone else, perhaps the children. I really hope this is incorrect. But I really don't know why else the car would be looked into. MOO

In the show, Gray also states that LE found Tylee's Jeep in Rexburg. This vehicle was used in the shooting of Brandon Boudreaux and there is video surveillance of this.

———-
(Ok now back to my thoughts here)

See that last line? There is video surveillance of this according to Gray’s video. I go back to this all started because of this shooting attempt. I hope they are putting this all together and that’s the reason for no arrest yet. Also, I’m convinced these two must have somehow ditched an incriminating electronic trail. I can’t believe there isn’t enough to arrest yet. Planning happened somewhere, somehow. MOO

That was nice of Cheryl, to confirm so many things.

Social media posts indicate that sometime in 2014, Charles and Lori moved to the island of Kauai in Hawaii. The couple operated a small juice business on the island, according to business records. They moved back to Arizona between 2016 and 2017.

When they returned, Charles spent thousands of dollars getting a properly trained service dog for JJ, who has autism. Bailey, a labradoodle, became JJ’s best friend, and Cheryl’s sons loved spending time with their stepbrother and his dog.

“Three weeks after Charles was killed, Lori put the dog up for sale. She listed it for $2,500, and it was so shocking because Bailey was such an important part of JJ’s life,” Cheryl says. “Fortunately the trainer saw the listing and told Lori she had to give it back to the rescue group. They were able to take him back and re-home the dog to another special-needs boy.”

I thought this was especially interesting for what it says about Chad (BBM):

“Charles was a very religious man, and faith is a big thing for him,” Cheryl says. “For him to say things got that weird means it was weird beyond what any of us know. Otherwise, he would have probably jumped right in and gone along with it.”

Also, I'd trust Cheryl on this one (again BBM):

During child custody hearings, Cheryl says Lori seemed to enjoy being in court and “all the drama” surrounding it.

“Lori was also in a custody battle with Joseph Ryan, and it was so intertwined that the judge combined our cases altogether in the courtroom,” Cheryl recalls. “It was quite odd, but she loved it. That’s when I learned she doesn’t do what she’s told to do if she doesn’t want to. I saw that a lot in court.”

That's true for a some members, but when popular podcasters or writers are excommunicated, it's usually in the local news. It was big news when Julie Rowe was excommunicated, and since Chad was her publisher, I'm sure we would have heard about his excommunication.
Actually, no one knew that Julie Rowe was excommunicated until she made it public. Once she made it public on her podcast, the news spread, which gives people the impression that it was made public by the church, it wasn't. The ones that make the news, are because the excommunicant makes it public. From what I've seen, the Daily Mail jumped the gun on claiming Chad was exed, he still held a calling when Tammy died. He couldn't have had that calling still if he'd been exed in Sept. like the news article claimed. But, when and if Chad is excommunicated, the church won't announce it, he'll have to announce it himself. At this point, there isn't a reason to even call him in for a church disciplinary counsel. Now, if he becomes a suspect in his wife's death, they will watch how it proceeds and if he's convicted or confesses, they'd hold a court and he'd most likely be excommunicated then. MOO.

Unfortunately, I think this exactly the reaction they were hoping for.
I'm in 'the kids are alive' camp, but the nonchalant attitudes of these two are making it hard to stay there. It's as if they're trying TOO hard to convince everyone that everything is fine. But everything isnt fine, for many MANY reasons, and the world knows that. I get grumpy after a day of minor inconveniences, these two can smile through relatives dropping like flies, family estrangement, and being negatively painted for an extended period of time in national news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vliegtuig