Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
28 mins ·
LORI VALLOW’S BROTHER DIES - 911 AUDIO: Here is the call from December 12, 2019, five months after Alex Cox shot and killed Charles Vallow. A 25-year-old man finds Cox passed out in the upstairs bathroom in a Gilbert home. He says Cox is his mom’s boyfriend but doesn’t even know his last name.

“Come here. Come here. It’s really bad,” said Joseph Lopez to his mother during the 911 call.

911 Audio: LORI VALLOW’S BROTHER DIES - 911 AUDIO:... - Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Unfortunately mom's name was redacted or unheard. Nothing about that call seemed ungenuine to me and if he truly was breathing when the kid says he was he should have been recoverable in the short time that elapsed before paramedics arrived. My teacher, a paramedic said he could keep a opioid overdose victim alive for hours. If his heart were going they would have immediately started rescue breathing and likely injected narcan.

I think he may have been dead and just gasping when the kid found him.

Very sad.

I believe he was referring to his adult children supporting his quick marriage to his new wife. On the application he listed his wife and referred to her as Lori Daybell. I think he was trying to keep the homeowner from thinking negatively of him and Lori, and perhaps continue laying low. I can’t imagine that he is making that level of income from his company. His deceased wife Tammy was working as a librarian in addition to doing the bookkeeping and creative for their publishing company. I wonder if he and Lori didn’t expect it to be questioned, and they had cash on hand to handle things directly.
BBM. The homeowner later gave another interview in which she states that they spoke about having a blended family (implying they both had children) that got along well and could visit them in Hawaii in the future.
ETA: Which was very likely a lie, because I doubt that his children knew that Tylee and JJ existed.

Last edited:
I know some authors do well with audio books, but for many (when they have them available) they're insignificant. I won't guess where Chad lands in this regard.

The vast majority of audio books are sold through Audible, owned by Amazon. There are two main ways to get an audio book produced. (The key here is that you need a recording of the words in the book being read, hopefully by someone who has voice acting experience rather than the monotone you'd get from me.)

The first approach is that the author or publisher hire someone for a flat amount. (Presumably after auditioning multiple narrators and picking the best.) This approach has a far-from-trivial upfront investment, but whatever profit comes from sales (once audible and Amazon take their signifiant cut) is yours as the author/publisher.

The second approach is that you audition and pick someone out of a pool who are willing to narrate your audio book for royalties. No cost up front, but each sale audible gives a percentage to you as the author and a percentage to the narrator. (I think it is a 50/50 split of the author/publisher portion mentioned above, but could be remembering wrong.)

I believe there is also a possibility of a compromise between these two, a small upfront payment and then royalties at a lower percent.

The key is that selling a copy of an audio book is on average going to earn the author less than selling an ebook and possibly less than selling a paper book. It also has the potential of accumulating a lot of sunk cost (if done using option 1) before any copies are being sold.

I wanted to revisit the income. What about income from advertising and affiliate links on his website and other websites/forum sites he might have some ownership?

As I've posted before, I think the kids left Rexburg either between 9/24 and 9/30, or between 10/4 and 10/17 (day before TD's death), and if they did, it might help us locate them now.

I think the second window (10/4 to 10/17) is the least likely of the two, as too much stuff was about to happen in Rexburg in the lead up to TD's death (perhaps AC was paintball dude, Lori possibly consorting with Chad while TD was at her parents, etc.). Plus, if the kids were living in the town home much past late September, surely they would've been spotted by SB and son. But most importantly, AC had to head south then to shoot BB.

If the children did leave in this early window, where did they go? I guess Lori and/or Chad could've taken them to some prepper hideout, but that would've risked Chad being seen with them, and TD wasn't even dead yet. Lori and Alex could've similarly dropped them off (w/o Chad), but they didn't really know anybody, and they certainly weren't familiar with remote prepper camps in the area.

And if instead of dropping the kids off, the plan was to kill them, AZ and some of the more remote locations along the way (ID, NV, UT, AZ) would've been smarter locations to do the deed than up near Rexburg. AC was familiar with the route going south, and would've been even more familiar with the surrounding areas as they approached AZ (think McStay case).

So if the kids left Rexburg the last week of September, who went with them? The possibles include AC, Lori, and MB.

AC was about to head south in Tylees's Jeep for the BB hit anyway, so I think he was the driver. Lori could've gone, but I doubt it (she wanted to spend time w/Chad while TD was at her parents, there were lots of things she needed to prepare for, and getting rid of the kids was sure to be unpleasant task). MB also could've gone (after all, it was her husband down in AZ who AC was going to shoot). But I think she perhaps stayed in Rexburg if for no other reason than to establish an alibi. So I think it may have just been AC and the kids that headed south then (with the children thinking they are going to stay with their grandmothers or at a friends..).

Many of my earlier similar posts focused on the vehicles coming up to ID and then the vehicles going back to AZ (and apparently AC even made a third trip back up after taking the shots at BB), but concidering all that, I think the locations of Tylee's Jeep during those 7 days (going from Rexburg to Alex's house in AZ) holds the key. Knowing that vehicle's itenerary might go a long way toward telling where the kids are (alive or dead).

It seems that vehicle GPS, cell phone GPS/pings, license plate cams, toll booths, gas station cc receipts and videos data could be collected along the most probable routes by LE to help determine the Jeeps itinerary and where it may have stopped - especially if it stopped in any remote areas.

It may be though that none of the occupants had cell phones with them, as Lori apparently confiscated Tylee's phone back in July, and AC may have wisely left his in Rexburg as an alibi of sorts. But who knows, maybe he took someone else's phone with him (maybe even ZP's..). It's a pain not having a smart phone.

Given that we may know what vehicle was used for those 7 days, and the general route it took, it seems there would almost have to be some forensic evidence out there that could establish the Jeep's itenerary and perhaps mark it's stops at remote areas - to help find the kids

Last edited:
Unfortunately mom's name was redacted or unheard. Nothing about that call seemed ungenuine to me and if he truly was breathing when the kid says he was he should have been recoverable in the short time that elapsed before paramedics arrived. My teacher, a paramedic said he could keep a opioid overdose victim alive for hours. If his heart were going they would have immediately started rescue breathing and likely injected narcan.

I think he may have been dead and just gasping when the kid found him.

Very sad.
Apparently diarrhea, breathing problems and foaming at the mouth are all possible poisoning symptoms. Poisons could also include some household products. Since Alex was discovered so quickly, wouldn't the (potential) source be easily detectable and from there the likelihood that he poisoned himself?

ETA: The incident happened in mid-afternoon. Can anything be deduced from that? Did he ingest something at lunch, maybe not even at home? If he did this to himself, he could have picked a time when nobody was in the house.

Poison - Poisoning Symptoms and Treatment | familydoctor.org

Last edited:
As I've posted before, I think the kids left Rexburg either between 9/24 and 9/30, or between 10/4 and 10/17 (day before TD's death), and if they did, it might help us locate them now.

I think the second window (10/4 to 10/17) is the least likely of the two, as too much stuff was about to happen in Rexburg in the lead up to TD's death (perhaps AC was paintball dude, Lori possibly consorting with Chad while TD was at her parents, etc.). Plus, if the kids were living in the town home much past late Setember, surely they would've been spotted by SB and son. But most importantly, AC had to head south then to shoot BB.

If the children did leave in this early window, where did they go? I guess Lori and/or Chad could've taken them to some prepper hideout, but that would've risked Chsd being seen with them, and TD wasn't even dead yet. Lori and Alex could've similarly dropped them off (w/o Chad), but they didn't really know anybody, and they certainly weren't familiar with remote prepper camps in the area.

And if instead of dropping the kids off, the plan was to kill them, AZ and some of the more remote locations along the way (ID, NV, UT, AZ) would've been smarter locations to do the deed than up near Rexburg. AC was familiar with the route going south, and would've been even more familiar with the surrounding areas as they approached AZ (think McStay case).

So if the kids left Rexburg the last week of September, who went with them? The possibles include AC, Lori, and MB.

AC was about to head south in Tylees's Jeep for the BB hit anyway, so I think he was the driver. Lori could've gone, but I doubt it (she wanted to spend time w/Chad while TD was at her parents, there were lots of things she needed to prepare for, and getting rid of the kids was sure to be unpleasant task). MB also could've gone (after all, it was her husband down in AZ who AC was going to shoot). But I think she perhaps stayed in Rexburg if for no other reason than to establish an alibi. So I think it may have just been AC and the kids that headed south then (with the children thinking they are going to stay with their grandmothers or at a friends..).

Many of my earlier similar posts focused on the vehicles coming up to ID and then the vehicles going back to AZ (and apparently AC even made a third trip back up after taking the shots at BB), but concidering all that, I think the locations of Tylee's Jeep during those 7 days (going from Rexburg to Alex's house in AZ) holds the key. Knowing that vehicle's itenerary might go a long way toward telling where the kids are (alive or dead).

It seems that vehicle GPS, cell phone GPS/pings, license plate cams, toll booths, gas station cc receipts and videos data could be collected along the most probable routes by LE to help determine the Jeeps itinerary and where it may have stopped - especially if it stopped in any remote areas.

It may be though that none of the occupants had cell phones with them, as Lori apparently confiscated Tylee's phone back in July, and AC may have wisely left his in Rexburg as an alibi of sorts. But who knows, maybe he took someone else's phone with him (maybe even ZP's..). It's a pain not having a smart phone.

Given that we may know what vehicle was used for those 7 days, and the general route it took, it seems there would almost have to be some forensic evidence out there that could establish the Jeep's itenerary and perhaps mark it's stops at remote areas - to help find the kids
I was thinking along very similar lines. Alex could have kept his phone off for the trip, but he probably used it at some point to report back to Lori. Communication between the two could be key. If Lori travelled with him and the kids to AZ on that occasion, she would probably be spotted by someone there, as would Melani.
ETA: The trip is pure speculation.

Last edited:
That would be an interesting twist, if true. Approximately, how many people attended the memorial service in Idaho?
I attended the funeral and burial in Springville. There were many people there, as Tammy’s parents and siblings all live here or nearby, as well as Chad’s parents and some siblings, and a neighborhood of family friends from the many years they lived here. I believe there are two VI’s on here from the Idaho Ward, who could answer your question.

BBM. The homeowner later gave another interview in which she states that they spoke about having a blended family (implying they both had children) that got along well and could visit them in Hawaii in the future.
ETA: Which was very likely a lie, because I doubt that his children knew that Tylee and JJ existed.
Yes, I saw that too after posting, but also feel that was as much a lie as virtually everything else they are saying.

MB also could've gone (after all, it was her husband down in AZ who AC was going to shoot). But I think she perhaps stayed in Rexburg if for no other reason than to establish an alibi.

MB, at some point during this time, was arrested for trespassing at her soon to be ex-husbands parents property in American Fork.

I have a sister, who I am not close with at all, who told me a few years ago that she was abused by a husband, now ex. I am a nonviolent person, and like I said, not very close with my sister. Yet I could see myself threatening him with a taser (known to be a nonlethal weapon) if he continued to go after her and her kids. I would not threaten him with a gun because that could be deadly. Given that Alex got 3 months for what could have been 20 years, I think there were many mitigating circumstances.

I'm certainly not here to defend Alex. I'm just saying that his actions alone (before killing Charles) might be something we should not judge him on. I suspect most of the people here might not be so much different from me if someone were abusing their sister. I'm not saying any of us would kill because I would not. But a warning with a taser might be something many guys would consider for a sister in danger.
I can see that. But, JR was not abusing Lori. They were outside a courthouse after a hearing on a custody matter. Alex followed JR down into a lower parking lot and then tased him. Most importantly (and to my point), Alex wasn't using the weapon defensively. Like Lori, AC wasn't being attacked. AC used the taser offensively so he could then deliver blows against a defenseless older victim. That's speaks to who AC was. Jmo

I really hope so. I believe these children are also victims in this crazy scheme.
I still find the level of brainwashing involved astounding. Those children are all adults. Logic tells you that something isn't right, but you trust your dad. He'd never lie to you, right? I'm trying to understand, not put blame on them.
ETA: It's possible that several people still believe that this is a conspiracy against Lori and Chad and they are innocent.

Last edited:
Isn't it crazy. They seemingly were going to allow JJ to come over and visit them..

I have a sister, who I am not close with at all, who told me a few years ago that she was abused by a husband, now ex. I am a nonviolent person, and like I said, not very close with my sister. Yet I could see myself threatening him with a taser (known to be a nonlethal weapon) if he continued to go after her and her kids. I would not threaten him with a gun because that could be deadly. Given that Alex got 3 months for what could have been 20 years, I think there were many mitigating circumstances.

I'm certainly not here to defend Alex. I'm just saying that his actions alone (before killing Charles) might be something we should not judge him on. I suspect most of the people here might not be so much different from me if someone were abusing their sister. I'm not saying any of us would kill because I would not. But a warning with a taser might be something many guys would consider for a sister in danger.

I think your empathy is misplaced. I cannot imagine that there were any mitigating circumstances given that soon afterward he was charged, and we now know he killed another husband that everyone speaks very highly of, and denies he was the type of person that LV described on the day of the shooting, including Colby Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member