Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently printing out missing persons flyers, then I will put them up in Princeville & Hanalei and wherever they allow me to, if there wasn't any up (which I have NOT seen anywhere here) There will be now! Hope and pray this helps...
That's brill, Portiz. TY for doing that.

ETA just realised I said 'that's great' so I'm changing that right now.

Last edited:
And the economics of paper books are especially problematic.

Ebooks, once you've got the book up for sale at the various vendors (Amazon being the most important for most, but Deseret Book might have figured into things for Chad as well) then the only expenses are whatever marketing expenses (advertising, etc) that you do. Getting to that point you've got expenses (editing, proofreading, formatting, cover design) that potentially could, depending on your skills, not require money out of pocket. For example, Chad might have done the editing of his author's books, meaning there wasn't money going out to provide an editor. Chad and Tammy could potentially have gotten an ebook to market with minimal or maybe even no expenses. (Whether that is smart or the best way to go is another discussion, but it is possible.)

But for paper books an investment is almost for sure going to be required. It is possible to have a paper book available just at Amazon where it it POD (print on demand) and the books are created one at a time as needed. But the cost of each book means the profit margin is going to be slim on a paper book sold this way. It also doesn't work if you want the book to be available in brick and mortar bookstores like Deseret Book. There you've got to print some large number of books which means a sunk investment that turns into a financial loss if the books don't sell. Having a bunch of money tied up in paper books that Chad intended to sell through the two small chains I mentioned before and then having those chains stop carrying those books, as appears to have happened, could have a seriously negative financial impact.

cdaybell.com | The Official Website for Chad Daybell

He does sell audio books also according to his website.

Currently printing out missing persons flyers, then I will put them up in Princeville & Hanalei and wherever they allow me to, if there wasn't any up (which I have NOT seen anywhere here) There will be now! Hope and pray this helps...
Do you know anyone who lives where they’re staying? It might put a bit of pressure on the pair if there was flyers around their complex/apartment and temple moo

It would seem his mother and Alex had not told him they got married end of November.
Sure would seem so. When they said on the youtube show on how Alex died sounds about right, only they got the age wrong of the person who found him. Sounds like Alex had diarrhea all over the place and collapsed.

Sent you a private message!

Febuary 3,2020

Charles Vallow's ex-wife had concerns about Lori Daybell over 10 years ago and thinks his shooting death was '100% planned' | East Idaho News

**The comment about Alex being hit in the head with a bat goes along with what we have been talking about...Semi pro baseball player hitting you in the head with a bat would leave more that a little bump. MOO

Along the same lines of thought on the bat and Charles being a semi-pro baseball player-- the way that Lori describes how Charles held the bat in her CPD interview makes no sense. She described him holding it with one hand and swinging either down or in a backhanded motion. Or one line said he swung the bat "backwards" (whatever that means). That's not the way a baseball player would have used a bat in a fight IMHO.

ETA: The part about how he swung the bat is on this page:
83305507_1506300372866308_3023778356454752256_n.jpg

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Last edited:
GOOD! We have all been wanting to help and search and you get to actually do something ...Thank You!

cdaybell.com | The Official Website for Chad Daybell

He does sell audio books also according to his website.

I know some authors do well with audio books, but for many (when they have them available) they're insignificant. I won't guess where Chad lands in this regard.

The vast majority of audio books are sold through Audible, owned by Amazon. There are two main ways to get an audio book produced. (The key here is that you need a recording of the words in the book being read, hopefully by someone who has voice acting experience rather than the monotone you'd get from me.)

The first approach is that the author or publisher hire someone for a flat amount. (Presumably after auditioning multiple narrators and picking the best.) This approach has a far-from-trivial upfront investment, but whatever profit comes from sales (once audible and Amazon take their signifiant cut) is yours as the author/publisher.

The second approach is that you audition and pick someone out of a pool who are willing to narrate your audio book for royalties. No cost up front, but each sale audible gives a percentage to you as the author and a percentage to the narrator. (I think it is a 50/50 split of the author/publisher portion mentioned above, but could be remembering wrong.)

I believe there is also a possibility of a compromise between these two, a small upfront payment and then royalties at a lower percent.

The key is that selling a copy of an audio book is on average going to earn the author less than selling an ebook and possibly less than selling a paper book. It also has the potential of accumulating a lot of sunk cost (if done using option 1) before any copies are being sold.

I haven’t read every single thread as I just started following along last week, so I apologize in advance if these thoughts have already been discussed.

I think maybe more weight should be given to the beliefs that they have and the way those are influencing their decisions. If she is as serious about being a reincarnated prophet with special mission as CV made her out to be, then I think JJ was either killed because he was “possessed” (which she would probably view as just) or is in hiding with someone of similar thinking as her so he can be taught her beliefs.
As for Tylee, I just don’t see any reason for harming her unless something happened to JJ. I would guess that she was loyal to her mom - most kids are even when they shouldn’t be. So is it possible she is also in hiding so she can be “taught” their religious beliefs? Or I’ve also thought maybe she has been illegally married to another member of the group.... strange marriages seem to be a real theme here, so if she was given/has been pledged to someone else that would be a reason to keep quiet about where they are at.

all just a shot in the dark and MOO

Do you know anyone who lives where they’re staying? It might put a bit of pressure on the pair if there was flyers around their complex/apartment and temple moo
I know right where the last place they were known to be is and will put some up around there, I will also direct anyone who asks where to find info about the case.

Tylee was very protective of JJ. Her friend and her brother both said the same thing. If there was some harm done to JJ, I don't think Tylee would have gone along with it. At her age she could legally get married in Idaho, there would be no need to hide the marriage.

I'm starting to get a clearer picture of what may be going on here. Lori has no respect for government or authority. That probably started when she was young and continues to this day. To her there are no consequences of disobeying court orders, the police, etc. It's the same kind of self-reliant independence that led to the seizure of the wildlife sanctuary a year or two ago, the Bundy's etc. I'm not judging anyone, just saying that there are a lot of people that feel that way, especially in rural areas.

I think she was worried the government may try to take the kids so she stashed them away to protect them. She only has to hold out 7 more months before Tylee is 18. The reality is that any consequences until then will be minimal. She probably will get arrested and extradicted for contempt. So she tells the judge her concern. Judge negotiates with her, she refuses to comply, she sits in a jail cell for a few months, then Tylee is free and she gives up JJ to the Woodcocks...

I like your ideas but, if she is receiving formal or informal legal counsel, I doubt her primary concern would be consequences for not producing Tylee. As an emancipated minor, she would be considered independent and so her legal parent or guardian would not be charged with neglect, for failing to provide information regarding her whereabouts. IANAL so, MOO.

I like your ideas but, if she is receiving formal or informal legal counsel, I doubt her primary concern would be consequences for not producing Tylee. As an emancipated minor, she would be considered independent and so her legal parent or guardian would not be charged with neglect, for failing to provide information regarding her whereabouts. IANAL so, MOO.

Assuming Tylee really is an emancipated minor. I don't think we have any reason to think that's true except for Lori reportedly made that claim, and I think we all agree that Lori's word isn't worth much. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it