Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Another exclusive, as we speak to one of the last people to see Lori Vallow and her kids moments before they moved from Chandler to Rexburg. Find out why detectives spoke to him about JJ and Tylee’s disappearance. See you tonight.

Let's speculate. Landlord? Jmo

Hi all. I’m new here so I’m sorry if I do anything wrong. I have been following this case from the beginning because I personally know the Daybell family. I don’t think I have anything worth adding by that association, so I’m not verified. I appreciate all the concern and all those who post thoughtfully on this case as it has given me a place to turn with my upset and hurt and sorrow surrounding these events. I can’t express better than others have already how impossible and difficult it has been to see such an amazing family go through something so difficult. I could speak volumes as to the high character of Tammy, each and all of her children, and her extended family.

I have a question. Let’s see if I can word this right. Lori disappeared to Hawaii and thereby avoided being served divorce papers in early 2019. In late 2019, the police stated that at the time the children disappeared, there was no active custody battle. Could the inability of anyone to locate the children have prevented some kind of custody battle being made official? It seems clear Lori didn’t want anyone to know where she was. Could that have been to prevent legal action toward a custody battle from taking place? Does it make sense what I am even asking? I know others have said, on what grounds could grandparents make a claim? I think the shooting of CV and the statements he made prior to his death concerning Lori could have been enough to make a reasonable case for custody. I think, like many, I am just searching for a narrative that tells me those kids are ok so I can sleep better at night.—MOO

Last edited:
Hi all. I’m new here so I’m sorry if I do anything wrong. I have been following this case from the beginning because I personally know the Daybell family. I don’t think I have anything worth adding by that association, so I’m not verified. I appreciate all the concern and all those who post thoughtfully on this case as it has given me a place to turn with my upset and hurt and sorrow surrounding these events. I can’t express better than others have already how impossible and difficult it has been to see such an amazing family go through something so difficult. I could speak volumes as to the high character of Tammy, each and all of her children, and her extended family.

I have a question. Let’s see if I can word this right. Lori disappeared to Hawaii and thereby avoided being served divorce papers in early 2019. In late 2019, the police stated that at the time the children disappeared, there was no active custody battle. Could the inability of anyone to locate the children have prevented some kind of custody battle being made official? It seems clear Lori didn’t want anyone to know where she was. Could that have been to prevent legal action toward a custody battle from taking place? Does it make sense what I am even asking? I know others have said, on what grounds could grandparents make a claim? I think the shooting of CV and the statements he made prior to his death concerning Lori could have been enough to make a reasonable case for custody. I think, like many, I am just searching for a narrative that tells me those kids are ok so I can sleep better at night.

Welcome aboard. Good to have you here!

I have a question. Let’s see if I can word this right. Lori disappeared to Hawaii and thereby avoided being served divorce papers in early 2019. In late 2019, the police stated that at the time the children disappeared, there was no active custody battle. Could the inability of anyone to locate the children have prevented some kind of custody battle being made official? It seems clear Lori didn’t want anyone to know where she was. Could that have been to prevent legal action toward a custody battle from taking place? Does it make sense what I am even asking? I know others have said, on what grounds could grandparents make a claim? I think the shooting of CV and the statements he made prior to his death concerning Lori could have been enough to make a reasonable case for custody. I think, like many, I am just searching for a narrative that tells me those kids are ok so I can sleep better at night.
I’m so sorry that you’re going through this right now. It’s bad enough not knowing the children and the families and watching this unfold. To know them and their previous characters must be heartbreaking.

I’m sure someone will come in and answer the legal questions who knows more about it. Please consider getting verified though as anyone who knew them and can chime in with regards to knowledge, character etc really helps. Moo

Welcome and thanks for joining in.

I went back through the last couple of threads and didn't see this mentioned. Melani's bail was paid by Alex Cox as per a copy of the court records from her trespass arrest. Anyone know how much it was? Probably not that substantial but makes you wonder about the money being thrown around by this family.

$1950 according to this post: ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

However, the article linked in that post seems to have changed to omit that part about bail. I wonder if the $1950 was an error? The arrest record said bail was $2500. MOO.

ETA: I found Justin Lum's post that still says $1950: Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

It could have been reduced to that amount. MOO.

I’m so sorry that you’re going through this right now. It’s bad enough not knowing the children and the families and watching this unfold. To know them and their previous characters must be heartbreaking.

I’m sure someone will come in and answer the legal questions who knows more about it. Please consider getting verified though as anyone who knew them and can chime in with regards to knowledge, character etc really helps. Moo

Welcome and thanks for joining in.
It’s beyond heartbreaking. Tammy’s death was shattering and then this? There are no words.

I have a question. Let’s see if I can word this right. Lori disappeared to Hawaii and thereby avoided being served divorce papers in early 2019. In late 2019, the police stated that at the time the children disappeared, there was no active custody battle. Could the inability of anyone to locate the children have prevented some kind of custody battle being made official? It seems clear Lori didn’t want anyone to know where she was. Could that have been to prevent legal action toward a custody battle from taking place? Does it make sense what I am even asking? I know others have said, on what grounds could grandparents make a claim? I think the shooting of CV and the statements he made prior to his death concerning Lori could have been enough to make a reasonable case for custody. I think, like many, I am just searching for a narrative that tells me those kids are ok so I can sleep better at night.—MOO
I really, really want the kids to be alive and well, so I understand where you're coming from. The problem with the idea that the kids are being hid because of a custody battle is the fact that we know where Lori is- honeymooning in Hawaii. There have been plenty of parents who have successfully run off with children and hidden with them while a custody battle raged, but Lori isn't doing that. Instead, the kids are missing, but she's living her life with a new husband. She doesn't work, so why not hide out with the kids? I would want to be with my babies even if we were living in a bunker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member