Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If children are alive and with some kind Mormon family, what exactly would stop her from producing them for the judge?

You are absolutely right. And really what kind of people would hide them? For what purpose? The problem I have is with Chad more than Lori. Despite his visions, his prepper mindset, or whatever, I can’t wrap my mind around him thinking it is okay in any way to hurt a child. I just don’t get it. Lori has a checkered past with her skatey-eight marriages and townhomes, but she seemed to love her kids up to at least a year ago. This is why I ask about Alex. If they can’t produce the kids, it was Alex. But at whose direction or his own?

And has this kind Mormon family been living under a rock? They don't know the children are considered missing? And that there is a reward offered for their return?
It's just a theory. Some people where I live feel that the government is over stepping boundaries by demanding Lori tell the police where the kids are located. They don't think parents should have to respond when the police or some other entity requests to see their children. I don't feel that way, but there is a bit of that sentiment in these parts. I've read a few comments in other forums that lean in that direction as well.

I’d guess that they saw reservations for the resort, but given that baggie Lori had, I’d guess they’re operating on cash...

Y‘ know, though, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if there were accounts in various business names, and C&L presuming their money is mostly untraceable.

Feeling very positive with the prosecutor and all the LE in HI right now. They should have busted her/both with fraud too. IRS, State(s) & Social Security, if true. Can't wait because I'm worried & po'd about both Tylee and JJ.

So if the two aren't produced, I hope every crime they have committed will be charged upon them both. It's way past due. Hope they get taken down by Thursday!

And has this kind Mormon family been living under a rock? They don't know the children are considered missing? And that there is a reward offered for their return?
Whoever has the kids knows they are missing, knows law enforcement wants to see them, knows there is a reward. They are not going to alert authorities that they have the kids unless Lori tells them to do so. Like other cases of Mormons hiding kids law enforcement is going to have to find them on their own with no cooperation from the people that know where they are.

If children are alive and with some kind Mormon family, what exactly would stop her from producing them for the judge?
If the children are alive and with some kind Mormon family then that "kind Mormon family" is not living their religion by intentionally withholding the kids from law enforcement in a missing and endangered persons case. "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law" (Articles of Faith #12). Just saying, moo.

What would be the closest large airport?
SLC or BOI?

SLC is closest, but only about 30 miles more to Boise if taking the shortest route, but that is largely 2 lane highway. I'm going to guess virtually anyone flying into a big airport would pick SLC to get to Rexburg. Smaller airports with some service (largely commuter) nearer with Idaho Falls (only 30-ish miles) being the closest.

Has this been posted already?
Parents of missing Rexburg children check out of Hawaii resort

Staff members at the Kauai Marriot Resort tell KTVB that Lorie Vallow and Chad Daybell were in fact at the resort but checked out on Tuesday afternoon.

However, Vallow and Daybell could still be at the resort because they were talking about going to the pool and beach area.​

If the children are alive and with some kind Mormon family then that "kind Mormon family" is not living their religion by intentionally withholding the kids from law enforcement in a missing and endangered persons case. "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law" (Articles of Faith #12). Just saying, moo.

Yeah, I don't think a typical Mormon family is going to be okay getting put in the middle of this and knowing they're possibly breaking the law. Unless Lori and Chad have sold them an off the wall story and they're on the fringe in their view of government. Yes, some of the Mormon splinter groups and some of the other non-Mormon affiliated groups this might be a possibility. But I don't think it is likely.

It's just a theory. Some people where I live feel that the government is over stepping boundaries by demanding Lori tell the police where the kids are located. They don't think parents should have to respond when the police or some other entity requests to see their children. I don't feel that way, but there is a bit of that sentiment in these parts. I've read a few comments in other forums that lean in that direction as well.
I understand that, but all the dead bodies surrounding the case....you would think this would alter their views just a bit.

I thought we decided long ago that this is not about Mormons. It is about whackos/AVOW types. There could be an otherwise good family who is an AVOW type that is keeping them safe and would not see it as violating their anti-gubmint faith

Right. Fringe, but possible. Kind of like one of my uncles growing up who a few of my younger siblings mistaken thought was named John Birch. :)

Has this been posted already?
Parents of missing Rexburg children check out of Hawaii resort

Staff members at the Kauai Marriot Resort tell KTVB that Lorie Vallow and Chad Daybell were in fact at the resort but checked out on Tuesday afternoon.

However, Vallow and Daybell could still be at the resort because they were talking about going to the pool and beach area.​
New post from Nate Eaton from an hour ago. They are in another hotel on the island with several bags. Worth reading.

In trying to figure out what might've happened to the kids, it makes sense to look at the history, character, and past behavior of the adults. I vacillate back and forth on whether I think CD is a violent criminal or whether he suffers from some mental illness or personality disorder. Narcissistic Personality Disorder (grandiose subtype) maybe? Not sure I agree with all the DSM stuff (it seems to have become an excuse for everything), but some of it certainly fits.

I think CD has a superiority complex, is deluded, and lives in a world of dreams and visions - yet there is nothing in his background to suggest he might be a murderer. And while anger can apparently manifest in NPD if a person is confronted by "unmet expectations" or "perceived slights", I have not read about CD having any anger management issues. In fact, a recent poster (who apparently knew CD well several years ago) referred to him as "living a humble life", not animated, nor high energy", yet "always craving the spotlight and wanting to be an authority figure".

CD seems intelligent, and was certainly persuasive (he managed to convince people to follow him despite what some would say were nonsensical and irrational claims). I think you could almost describe his adult life as a narcissistic child-like attempt to escape the world in which he found himself - an attempt to create a make-believe world in which he played an outsized role. Grandiosity and narcissism? Sure. But murder?

He and TD had been married for what, 30 years? I think his family and friends would've seen some dramatic change in his personality if he'd suddenly gone off the deep end. And I think his family (both sides) would've been raising hell back in November if they truly thought he'd murdered TD.

CD seemed to be a straight arrow. He was a Boy Scout, and a scout leader. He was a leader in the church. From all appearances, a good husband and a good father. He was admired. AFAIK, TD wasn't threatening divorce. And she wasn't the one who reportedly wanted to stop publishing.

It's hard to imagine anything happening to CD that would've been so extreme as to prompt him to murder his wife (and imo it would've had to have been something bigger than a mid-life crisis, bigger than an insurance payout, and bigger than a 46 yo blond). It just doesn't fit. No matter how I look at it, it unexplainable. But the whole case has been unexplainable from the start.

Not only would you have to be deluded and living in a fantasy world to murder your wife (after supposedly recently upping her insurance policy just months before?), then marry another woman 2 weeks later, and then disappear into the wind (all while thinking nobody would ever be suspicious?) - you'd have to be flat out stupid. I just don't buy the "love blinds" thing. Maybe Lori did just inherit 2m (does anybody know? - they definitely don't seem strapped for $ in HI..). But I still don't see it. Too easy to get caught doing what is stated above. Can you say: "death penalty"?

I acknowledge though that one of the characteristics of "oblivious narcissism" is "diminished awareness" (of self and/or reality?) - and that this can apparently have an "impact on relationships". Maybe CD's personality disorder blinded him sufficiently. But masterminding the whole thing would've been in total contradiction to his life.

So, maybe I'm wrong, but I have a hard time seeing CD as a cold-blooded killer. And even if he did murder his wife (either to be with Lori, or to collect big bucks or to fulfill some crazy religious/cult belief about the afterlife), it's hard for me to believe he would have harmed those kids - or married Lori if he knew that a violent crime had been perpetrated against them (in fact, from the posts I've read, he may not have even known she had kids).

Because of this take on CD, I am starting to think that the maybe the kids are alive someplace in ID or UT or AZ. If the kids were killed, I don't think CD had anything to do with it. If the kids were killed, imo there's only two people in this whole stranger-than-fiction story who could ultimately be responsible: Lori and AC.

Imo, Lori has been revealed to be a master manipulator. She's the one who: benefitted from the deaths of former spouses, was suspected of being mentally ill, lied to police about the children's whereabouts. lied to police about Tylee being dead a year before her father died, said she didn't want her own children, and threatened to kill someone. She's also would benefit from the children's disappearance, and (after TD's death) would benefit by marrying CD.

All that said, you gotta be pretty cold to personally kill your own kids. Though it's happened before, I don't think many moms fit that description. But AC.. AC WAS a violent criminal. He had possibly acted as Lori's muscle (and possibly her hit man) before. Both AC and Lori might've had motive to disappear the kids if they thought the kids could reveal (or change their statements about) what happened in the CV shooting back in July. I hope not, but perhaps AC was Lori's hit man with the kids as well.

I'm hoping that the kids are in ID or UT or AZ (perhaps they were dropped off at a supporter's place by AC, Lori, MB - or some combination of those three - during the last week of September or sometime in mid-Oct), and that they will be brought before the court in ID by Lori (or Lori's atty?). But that would solve only one of Lori's problems. AC has no problems as he's dead. I'm not sure yet if CD has any problems or not.

January 28,2020

Nate Eaton - Reporter

Nate Eaton - Reporter
1 hr ·
Last night we received a solid tip that Chad and Lori Daybell had left the Kauai Beach Resort and checked into another hotel on the island with several suitcases. Their reservation was for one night. I had to catch a flight back to Idaho but some of our colleagues went to the resort. I just got this message from them:

—We got a short clip of Chad and Lori walking to the parking lot with a couple of day bags (no luggage) like they were going to the beach for the day. They spun around though and went back into the hotel lobby when they saw us. We stuck around until after checkout and they never re-emerged.—

Lori has two days to comply with the court order and have J.J. and Tylee in Rexburg. We’ll see if she shows up at this airport and returns to Idaho.

58 Comments54 Shares

Edit Sorry if this is a double post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members