Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds weird and before I moved to Utah I would never think that it was possible, but it's not uncommon for families with 4 or 5 kids of their own to take on several more kids of friends for a while. One of my friends is a single mom with four kids. When they go on vacation, she lets each kid bring a friend. People are sure generous and supportive when it comes to helping each other with kids, and yes, sometimes those kids are special needs.

Haven’t posted in a while but wanted to add some info, here in California when police are called to do a welfare check on minors the parents have to produce the child immediately or if they’re away, call and have the children put on live video. They will hold the parent until then. Unfortunately I know this because after my husband left me he called in a fake welfare check as a custody strategy. Same has happened to a couple of my friends in different states, one had to have the principal put her child on live video before the police would release her. Jim Edmonds did this to Meghan Edmonds of RHOC after he left her; she had to wake her babies up immediately to prove they were fine (I believe she was living in the Midwest). My point is something’s strange about this story because the police don’t usually take a parent at their word- if the police did a welfare check on the kids and Lori said they were living in another stare with a non-court approved guardian, the police should have made her put the kids on live video immediately- unless her state is much different than others? I wonder if we’re getting the whole truth.

I have no idea what the law is in Idaho, but knowing how thinking from the majority in Idaho is different from that in California, I suspect what you're describing isn't close to the law in Idaho (or really in most states).

We got about 4 new inches of snow in Rexburg today. I hope it keeps up through Thursday. Very unHawaii like here. MOO.

You don't want the planes to not be able to get in and out of SE Idaho do you? Please don't wish that on me because I'm flying out mid-day tomorrow and want to get out smoothly, then back on Friday. Please, if you have influence with the weather gods, do what you can. :)

Seems the niece MB had joined, to the extent her husband was shot at and she basically abandoned her kids. She married into it.. and Alex as well just before his demise. So that would be 6 peeps minimum.

Do we know where MB and her new husband are hanging out? Any chance the kids are with them? I'd assume LE would know if that is the case and they're anywhere obvious.

Last edited:
It sounds weird and before I moved to Utah I would never think that it was possible, but it's not uncommon for families with 4 or 5 kids of their own to take on several more kids of friends for a while. One of my friends is a single mom with four kids. When they go on vacation, she lets each kid bring a friend. People are sure generous and supportive when it comes to helping each other with kids, and yes, sometimes those kids are special needs.

Then, there is an issue of legal and physical custody. Lori cannot legally keep Social Security benefit payments for Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow, if she does not have physical custody of the children.

I'm wondering something here. There's a difference between extraditing a criminal and a courtesy hold for another jurisdiction.

If Hawaii extradited a criminal from Idaho, it's going to cost a lot to get them back from Idaho. I don't blame them for not wanting to mess with misdemeanors.

However, if they do a courtesy arrest on Lori for a warrant out of Idaho, all they need to do is hold her until Idaho comes to get her. Idaho is obviously on their doorstep, waiting. Process her, hand her over, and say Aloha.

Jmo
Aloha, dark spirited haole wahini

Last edited:
If children are alive and with some kind Mormon family, what exactly would stop her from producing them for the judge?

Makes sense. Never heard of a state not allowing an extradition within the US.
I've heard of criminals fighting it, but I've never heard of them being successful.
There is a clause in the Constitution requiring states to extradite among themselves for "felonies and other crimes." (And we've all heard ad nauseum lately that the definition of the word "crime" is not necessarily as we understand it today!)

But according to a few sources including wikipedia, Florida, Alaska, and Hawaii typically only extradite for felonies because of the expense. So I guess in a highly visible case like this they probably would. A misdemeanor carries a fine of less than $1000 in most situations. So it would normally be illogical for the state to spend money on two or three plane tickets to the mainland when the consequences are so minor. The transportation cost would exceed the fine.

If children are alive and with some kind Mormon family, what exactly would stop her from producing them for the judge?

Or on the phone. No one could get custody of Tylee. What is the reason for concealing Tylee?

Lori Vallow is the sole biological Mother of Tylee Ryan, her biological Father is dead. No one was doing a welfare check on Tylee.

There is a clause in the Constitution requiring states to extradite among themselves for "felonies and other crimes." (And we've all heard ad nauseum lately that the definition of the word "crime" is not necessarily as we understand it today!)

But according to a few sources including wikipedia, Florida, Alaska, and Hawaii typically only extradite for felonies because of the expense. So I guess in a highly visible case like this they probably would. A misdemeanor carries a fine of less than $1000 in most situations. So it would normally be illogical for the state to spend money on two or three plane tickets to the mainland when the consequences are so minor. The transportation cost would exceed the fine.

Hawaii will not bear the cost of Idaho 's extradition though.

Or on the phone. No one could get custody of Tylee. What is the reason for concealing Tylee?

Lori Vallow is the sole biological Mother of Tylee Ryan, her biological Father is dead. No one was doing a welfare check on Tylee.

Was no one doing a welfare check on Tylee? I'm not sure if Kay mentioned Tylee when she called LE regarding JJ or not, but if they didn't know she was in the mix that way I wonder how they found out and whether they asked and were told he was with JJ at the friend's in AZ. Obviously when this hit the news we knew there were two kids and we didn't know where they were, but I'm wondering what caused LE to find out about and also become concerned regarding Tylee.

What would be the closest large airport?
SLC or BOI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member