ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was hard to find another source about the presser today. MoeInVA posted this tweet yesterday.
It sure doesn't have much publicity.

Here is another source, from KTVB also. Note that the info about the presser is in an edited to add note.

FRUITLAND, Idaho — Editor's Note: Fruitland Police Chief J.D. Huff will hold a news conference at Fruitland City Hall at 2 p.m. on Saturday. He will update the community on the latest efforts to locate Michael.

Search for missing Fruitland boy stretches into day 4 | ktvb.com

2pm news conference tomorrow (mountain time, 4pm eastern)

At least we’ll get an update then.
https://twitter.com/maggiektvb7/status/1421273739400912897?s=21
Still no sign of a missing Fruitland boy after day 3 of searching. A news conference is set for 2pm tomorrow. The FBI is assisting Fruitland PD. youtu.be/Rzs7MSmp-eI

Have a nice drive! Supposed to be cooler today!
Maybe see what you think about how hard it would be for Michael to walk from his house to the Snake River? I think it's pretty unlikely but I know some posters were wondering.

I'm going to Fruitland today...not to search per se but is there anyplace anyone would like me to check out while I am there? I've been looking at google maps this morning looking for likely hidey holes in the neighborhood and nothing has jumped out at me that probably wasn't already searched several times.

the little tracks around the fields intrigue me.....they lead to the river and a busy main route

could he have trotted off down one? could a dirt bike drive down one or other vehicle? theres a pond as well. would he follow someone?

I have to throw in my 2 cents. I don't see this 5yr old crossing highways or doing anything of the sort. He seems to be a happy boy who likes to visit neighbors etc. Reading he was wearing briefs makes me think he was getting ready to go night night. Winding down with his family while getting him ready for bed and he went outside for some reason. I don't have any hinky meter on the family at all. I can't come up with a reason for him to go outside at this point but it sounds like he is an active, curious child who would explore something. IMO
I feel the same, no hinky meter for me on the family either.

Does anyone think this wording is strange?
Around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Fruitland police were dispatched after hearing a report that 5-year-old Michael Joseph Vaughn was missing and last seen near his home at Southwest 9th Street and South Arizona Avenue, according to a tweet from Idaho State Police.

Read more here: https://www.i dahostatesman.com/news/northwest/idaho/article253082783.html#storylink=cpy

Maybe it’s just me but it makes it sound like LE found out second hand that he was missing, not through a 911 call.
<modsnip>
And I just can’t help but wonder if he’s in a house nearby and can hear everyone looking for him while he’s being… I’m so sad about this my heart hurts. I can only hope he’s okay

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a lot of buffering so I missed a lot of the livestream.

Parents have been 100% cooperative. Please respect their privacy.

Don't want searchers now other than professionals. Will let them know if they want them to do another mass search again.

Using FLR, drones, etc.
Please search your properties.

Caught just a bit of parents speaking at the end.
Dad: Anything helps.
Mom: didn't catch what she said. Both parents seemed tearful as they were speaking.

ETA: Rewatching:
Chief of Police, J.D. Huff
"This thing is monumental."
Introductions:
FBI. ID state police. Payette Police Dept. ID Mountain Search and Rescue.
Michael's parents introduced. Brandi and Tyler and Brandi's sister.
Michael is known as "MJ" to his family and friends.
Continue to search. Methodical search near M's residence, which included two irrigation drainage ditches, which were drained..."
ID Fish and Game continuing to search the river by boat.." and I've lost the video.

Last edited:
I'm going to Fruitland today...not to search per se but is there anyplace anyone would like me to check out while I am there? I've been looking at google maps this morning looking for likely hidey holes in the neighborhood and nothing has jumped out at me that probably wasn't already searched several times.

Can you see if the field behind their house has been freshly bailed? I noticed on different versions of maps that they tend to bail that field and was wondering if it was done the day he went missing.

Did anyone see him leave? Or was he discovered missing from the inside or outside the house? What was he doing when he was last seen. Playing in his room of front yard? Watching tv or playing a video game?

I thought one of the early articles described MJ as a friendly boy who would go to neighbors houses looking for someone to play with, but I cannot find such an article. Does anyone know where this info came from?

Last edited:
Fruitland PD is playing this very close to the vest. Nothing new released at pressor. His poor parents :(

Chief did say "everything is on the table". I take that to mean all avenues are being investigated. Day four, where is this little guy?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1