ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I would think too, because of the distance; but in talking to someone more familiar with Fruitland than me, they said it could be the Payette, because route to the Snake would be "the cliff," whereas route to the Payette would be a "gentle slope." Idk

We drive through Idaho at times but further South. At least in the area where we see the Snake River it’s sort of at the bottom of a canyon and it would be super difficult to climb down even as an adult. This is a pic from Wikipedia. Perrine Bridge - Wikipedia another pic here: Perrine Bridge - Wikipedia

Last edited:
This is actually at Twin Falls, about 180 miles away. It's not like that at Fruitland. Can't find a picture to show the area.

We drive through Idaho at times but further South. At least in the area where we see the Snake River it’s sort of at the bottom of a canyon and it would be super difficult to climb down even as an adult. This is a pic from Wikipedia. Perrine Bridge - Wikipedia another pic here: Perrine Bridge - Wikipedia

FRUITLAND — Fruitland Police Department will only release new information or comments regarding the case of a missing 5-year-old "all at once" to media throughout the region. That was the response this morning from an official at his office when the newspaper reached out to find out an update on the search efforts for Michael "Monkey" Joseph Vaughan, who has been missing since July 27.

No update yet on missing Fruitland boy

FRUITLAND — Fruitland Police Department will only release new information or comments regarding the case of a missing 5-year-old "all at once" to media throughout the region. That was the response this morning from an official at his office when the newspaper reached out to find out an update on the search efforts for Michael "Monkey" Joseph Vaughan, who has been missing since July 27.

No update yet on missing Fruitland boy

Let's hope for a PC today.

Where are you little Monkey man?

I checked for updates this morning, something interesting on Twitter but no updates from FPD so far.

How does a little guy just disappear with no trace :(

I am tied to my phone/computer waiting for more info! This is relatively close to me and I first heard about it through a local FB group on Tuesday night when some members posted that they'd be going out to help search.

It seems like they threw a lot of resources at this investigation early on so if it was as simple as a young child that simply wandered away, he would have been located by this point which makes me so scared for this sweet little guy.

Everything I have read (here and elsewhere) about this town, portray it as quintessential small town America. I too think he would have been located by now if he just got lost. I guess nowhere is really safe anymore, then.
I am tied to my phone/computer waiting for more info! This is relatively close to me and I first heard about it through a local FB group on Tuesday night when some members posted that they'd be going out to help search.

It seems like they threw a lot of resources at this investigation early on so if it was as simple as a young child that simply wandered away, he would have been located by this point which makes me so scared for this sweet little guy.

Everything I have read (here and elsewhere) about this town, portray it as quintessential small town America. I too think he would have been located by now if he just got lost. I guess nowhere is really safe anymore, then.

Last year, an acquaintance's son went missing in the same area. He apparently wandered away from his family at a baseball game. The whole town mobilized and he was quickly found. I expected the same outcome when I heard about this little guy.

Story from last year here.

Thinking of little Monkey today. As the mom to another little boy who was always called monkey, my heart is breaking for his family. I was hopeful more info would be released today and that this thread would be have more traction. Praying he’s found soon.

For whatever reason, LE are not telling us what we want to know.

They have talked in detail about what resources have been used, have said parents are cooperative and to give them privacy, and have asked residents to carefully check their property. They've asked for camera information and what anyone saw between certain times and in certain areas. That's quite a lot.

But as far as what we really want to know, we wait.

Gosh ... I’m having a hard time keeping up with the missing children threads ... it’s simply heartbreaking how a child can completely disappear in moments. Hoping we hear something soon, time is surely of the essence. Stay strong mom and dad. ♥️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966