ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Ehrlick, Jr. is the boyfriend of Robert's Mother, Melissa Jenkins. His father, Daniel Ehrlick, Sr., told CBS 2 that his granddaughter told him that his son is being treated at Intermountain Hospital - a psychiatric care facility in Boise.

So it sounds like the boyfriend is already preparing for an insanity plea!

Won't happen. It's difficult to pull legal insanity off. You have to not know the difference between right and wrong. Hiding a body, lying about and covering up a crime says they knew they did wrong.

Won't happen. It's difficult to pull legal insanity off. You have to not know the difference between right and wrong. Hiding a body, lying about and covering up a crime says they knew they did wrong.

I totally agree it's not likely he'll get it. Just interesting timing to check into a mental hospital. IMO

I totally agree it's not likely he'll get it. Just interesting timing to check into a mental hospital. IMO

I think its more a case of - holy crap, the body surfaced, they know I did it, I'm about to get nailed - literally drove him nuts. It would me, not that I would ever do anything. Know what I mean?? I'd rather be in a hospital getting tranquilizers and what not that out in the open hoping I don't screw up and waiting for the hammer to come down.

Daniel Ehrlick, Jr. is the boyfriend of Robert's Mother, Melissa Jenkins. His father, Daniel Ehrlick, Sr., told CBS 2 that his granddaughter told him that his son is being treated at Intermountain Hospital - a psychiatric care facility in Boise.

So it sounds like the boyfriend is already preparing for an insanity plea!

Just want to remind everyone that Idaho does not offer insanity pleas. The most he could do is prolong a trial, but he cant get out of it. The most that will happen is everything will sit until a judge decides he is fit to stand trial. There have been very recent cases with people who have a lot more serious mental issues then this guy and even those didn't get an insanity.

Sorry for the O/T, but I know there are a lot of caring people from Idaho here, so I wanted to mention this. I don't want to hijack the thread or distract from Robert, so I'll just mention it and be done. :)

On Thursday August 20, there will be a candlelight vigil for a missing 23-year-old mother of 3. Stephanie Eldridge has been missing now for 2 years. The vigil will be in Idaho Falls, at 6:00 pm, at the river (on Broadway, across from the Red Lion). It would be great to have a lot of support there for Stephanie and her family. So if any of you Idaho sleuthers (or anyone else) can attend, that would be fantastic. I will be going from Boise, and I, along with Stephanie's aunt, will be speaking. If you have any questions please PM me or go to Stephanie's thread here:
ID-Stephanie Eldredge, Idaho Falls - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Neighbors keep Robert's memorial safe from storm
Story Created: Aug 6, 2009 at 4:20 PM MDT
Story Updated: Aug 6, 2009 at 4:29 PM MDT
<snipped>
Gina Guzzetta-Dalrymple spent the night in a tent on Shoshone Street, keeping an eye on Robert Manwill's stuffed animal shrine near his mother's apartment in Oak Park Village.

And with other neighbors, she covered the sidewalk memorial with tarps, protecting it from the storm.

"Because if it got all demolished, the Ronald McDonald house couldn't use the stuffed animals," she said. "That's where they're going, and if they got all moldy and demolished, they have to be thrown away."

While police now conduct a criminal investigation, the community continued with preparations for a public memorial for Robert Friday evening at 8 p.m.

"It makes me sad, but it's not surprising," said Gina of Robert's murder. "It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that something went awry."

VIDEO: Neighbors keep Robert's memorial safe from storm
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52611792.html?video=YHI&t=a

Article:
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/52611792.html

:angel:

http://www.2news.tv/news/52589612.html

'10 days for a body to float to Cloverdale Road'

The question of how Robert’s body ended up in the New York canal is still a mystery.

Paul Devau, project manager for Boise Project Board of Control, says it is possible for a body to float the 14 miles from where Robert was last seen at his mother’s home, to where his body was found.

‘It takes about 10 days for a body to get from Boise to Cloverdale Road,” Devau said.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/848267-a854895-t2.html

Not for the faint of heart:
Look at Photo 4 at this link. Am I imagining it or does it show two actual limbs with a wide black band possibly around an ankle or wrist?

omg...if that was my baby, i would be so livid at these pictures. at least let them collect the poor childs body...let him have that much peace...

ETA: i'm not complaining about people here looking at them, i looked at them myself. just feel like the media could have backed off a bit...what some are seeing as Robert's arms, i just see as the investigators arms reaching down.

Sorry for the O/T, but I know there are a lot of caring people from Idaho here, so I wanted to mention this. I don't want to hijack the thread or distract from Robert, so I'll just mention it and be done. :)

On Thursday August 20, there will be a candlelight vigil for a missing 23-year-old mother of 3. Stephanie Eldridge has been missing now for 2 years. The vigil will be in Idaho Falls, at 6:00 pm, at the river (on Broadway, across from the Red Lion). It would be great to have a lot of support there for Stephanie and her family. So if any of you Idaho sleuthers (or anyone else) can attend, that would be fantastic. I will be going from Boise, and I, along with Stephanie's aunt, will be speaking. If you have any questions please PM me or go to Stephanie's thread here:
ID-Stephanie Eldredge, Idaho Falls - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting this and I would NEVER consider it Off Topic. We need to be reminded there are missing babies, children, mothers and fathers out there who need our support everyday. They can NEVER be forgotten!! I can't attend because of the distance but she will be in my prayers...Bless you for keeping the lives of the missing... alive!! :blowkiss:

omg...if that was my baby, i would be so livid at these pictures. at least let them collect the poor childs body...let him have that much peace...

I am sorry you were offended. Please note that I did place a warning on the link to the photos.

Since we have a member who advised us that an anchor was tied to the little body, it is pertinent if there is further indication of this.

We all deal with these horrific tragedies in our own way. No matter how personally abhorrent I find these endless murders, I still want the facts known and the guilty found and punished.

Everytime I check this thread I except to see a headline saying an arrest has been made. I know these things take time but if the rumours of a lot of blood found in the apartment, it seems obvious that Robert was thrown into the canal, the previous histories of these two people- mother and BF - you would think at this point LE would have enough to issue an arrest warrant. I suppose they want to wait until COD is established first.

Someone said Idaho doesn't allow insanity pleas - that is interesting. What happens if a defendent is found to be mentally ill by a medical professional and diagnosed with schitzophrenia, bi-polar, retardation, multiple personalities, etc, etc? There must be some way the court deals with that. I don't think it is the case in this murder but if a defendent in Idaho is found to be incompetant to stand trial do you know what course of action is taken?

http://www.momlogic.com/2009/08/enough_is_enough_we_must_protect_kids_now_robert_manwill.php

Dr. Michelle Golland: We should all be disgusted with our nation's lack of funding for the basic care and safety of our most precious and vulnerable natural resource: our children. When I read that the family of 8-year-old Robert Manwill, the boy whose body was just found floating in a canal near his mother's home, has open cases of child abuse, I was outraged.

I agree that the agency charged with protecting our children is underfunded. But I fault the judges who would order a child to spend the summer with a mother who had been convicted of fracturing the skull of her own child! Robert Manwill was put in the way of harm by the courts.
And I also fault the agency's theory and mantra that familys must be reunited!
Many times we see this done and the child suffers as a result.
Changing these two things takes NO funding.....why don't they change that which they can change and that which takes no money???????????
Please answer that for me someone.

http://www.2news.tv/news/52589612.html

'10 days for a body to float to Cloverdale Road'

The question of how Robert’s body ended up in the New York canal is still a mystery.

Paul Devau, project manager for Boise Project Board of Control, says it is possible for a body to float the 14 miles from where Robert was last seen at his mother’s home, to where his body was found.

‘It takes about 10 days for a body to get from Boise to Cloverdale Road,” Devau said.
Thanks for the great article, Paintr! The timeline would be just about right. MOO

I'm just sickened by this. I have an 8 yr old boy and he is just the sweetest most loving joyful thing. I know that Robert was the same way and that there are many people who loved and valued him. I'm sick of this happening. Our nation's priorities really seem screwed up. How about an initiative to identify children at risk and their parents? My heart is crying for Robert. Poor little guy, rest in peace sweet baby.

Did the family talk to the media yet? I thought it was supposed to be at 6. There is a live link on ktvb, but nothing but the regular news yet. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver