GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm confused by the reports, some say they refused and the judge had to do it and some say their attorneys entered the pleas? i mean really, weren't these reporters at the same dang hearing?!

either way, they should have just please guilty. just looking at them give me the heebie jeebies.

Couple refuse to plea in young Robert Manwill's death
Updated 8 minutes ago
<snipped>
The mother of an 8-year-old boy found dead in an Idaho canal and her live-in boyfriend refused to enter pleas to first-degree murder charges during an arraignment today.

Thirty-year-old Melissa Jenkins and her boyfriend, 36-year-old Daniel Ehrlick Jr., were arrested last month in the death of her son, Robert Manwill.

Fourth District Judge Darla Williamson entered not guilty pleas on their behalf.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-09-03-Couple-refuse-to-plea-in-young-Robert-Manwills-death

:angel:

Thank you, Angel for the Update......now, you may want to cover your ears..

Rant Alert: :rant:

*Cowards!!!!
:mad::furious::behindbar :banghead::razz::rage:

Big and bad enough to pick on and torture to death a wee small precious gorgeous angel of a boy......................

:banghead::behindbar:furious::mad::razz::steamed:

...............but not big enough to own up and admit to what they did!!!!!

:curses::cursing::rage::steamed:.................

................................. :hopping_mad:

Ok - Off Rant Now.... :rant:

So these two wastes of skin are clearly still in contact with each other and working as a team.

It is highly unusual for someone to refuse to enter a plea.
For both of them to do so, that is a statement and a plan.

And if the judge had to enter a plea for them I think he should have opted for guilty.

For whatever reason, "standing silent" seems to be fairly common in Idaho. IIRC, Joseph Duncan stood silent, rather than entering a plea, when he was arraigned for the murders of Brenda Groene, Slade Groene and Mark McKenzie.

Maybe these perps suddenly 'get religion' in jail, and don't want to admit guilt but don't want to lie. :rolleyes:

Melissa_Jenkins.jpg

Melissa Jenkins

Daniel_Ehrlick.jpg

Daniel Ehrlick

OMG- These mug shots are haunting-

The smirk and lazy eye of hers is frightening- Imagine that face in a rage coming at you at the age of 5? how sad!!! Im so angry at her right now, I dont want a time out :razz:

The evil. mean look on his face is downright scary also- I dont know if this is a natural look, or he was just pissed for being arreseted (which he shouldnt have had that much rage seeing he hid not wanting to be arrested- RED FLAG!!!- He KNEW this was coming!!) I cant imagine leaving my infant in his care- What a dumb shiz mother she WAS to have that monster around those babies-

Hopefully their other lil ones will have NO memories of this trauma!!!!!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/164/story/887927.html

Standing silently triggers an automatic plea of not guilty, which could mean a jury trial, though it likely won't occur until summer 2010 at the earliest.

Ehrlick is accused of beating the boy to death. Jenkins is accused of covering up the crime and lying to police about what happened.

The next hearing in the case is set for Nov. 5, when a trial date likely will be set. By then, prosecutors will have to make a decision on whether or not to pursue the death penalty against either Jenkins or Ehrlick.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/1453/story/886965.html

Ehrlick and Jenkins, who appeared separately in front of Williamson Thursday, both waived their speedy trial rights so a jury trial on the case won't likely happen until next summer at the earliest.

Rob Chastain, Jenkins' attorney, told Williamson he did not yet know if he planned to file a motion to sever the cases since he had not yet received any discovery from prosecutors as of Thursday.

The grand jury found that 8-year-old Robert Manwill was beaten by Ehrlick for weeks in a pattern of "escalating physical violence" that finally climaxed in his death, according to court records.

The grand jury said Ehrlick repeatedly abused Robert and eventually killed the boy by the "intentional application of torture ... by inflicting extreme or prolonged pain with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance, or to satisfy some sadistic inclination, by inflicting repeated acts of blunt force trauma to the abdomen and/or head of Robert Manwill."

Oh, now they stand silent. I'll bet they both screamed and yelled at poor Robert a lot though. She has that same freaking - who me? look and posture again. Your time is coming you two.

"The grand jury found that 8-year-old Robert Manwill was beaten by Ehrlick for weeks in a pattern of "escalating physical violence" that finally climaxed in his death, according to court records.

The grand jury said Ehrlick repeatedly abused Robert and eventually killed the boy by the "intentional application of torture ... by inflicting extreme or prolonged pain with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance, or to satisfy some sadistic inclination, by inflicting repeated acts of blunt force trauma to the abdomen and/or head of Robert Manwill."​

I am simply overwhelmed and at a loss for words as to how those that were in contact with Robert had no inclination that he was being subjected to this level of abuse. It's not like these two "wastes of skin" were in sole possession of his care.

It is beyond my comprehension.

Poor, poor little Robert. R.I.P. sweet Angel ~

"The grand jury found that 8-year-old Robert Manwill was beaten by Ehrlick for weeks in a pattern of "escalating physical violence" that finally climaxed in his death, according to court records.

The grand jury said Ehrlick repeatedly abused Robert and eventually killed the boy by the "intentional application of torture ... by inflicting extreme or prolonged pain with the intent to cause suffering, to execute vengeance, or to satisfy some sadistic inclination, by inflicting repeated acts of blunt force trauma to the abdomen and/or head of Robert Manwill."​

I am simply overwhelmed and at a loss for words as to how those that were in contact with Robert had no inclination that he was being subjected to this level of abuse. It's not like these two "wastes of skin" were in sole possession of his care.

It is beyond my comprehension.

Poor, poor little Robert. R.I.P. sweet Angel ~

Exactly! I totally agree. Robert was a throw away. He never had a chance.
:furious:

I am sick to death of sharing oxygen with people like them. If having Robert was such an imposition, why did they take him for a visitation?

In the time it takes for this to come to trial, I hope someone who's worse than them gets a little visitation with each of them in their cells. :behindbar

I am sick to death of sharing oxygen with people like them. If having Robert was such an imposition, why did they take him for a visitation?

In the time it takes for this to come to trial, I hope someone who's worse than them gets a little visitation with each of them in their cells. :behindbar

Because he was property, a possession, something Melissa could use to make her feel good, feel one-up on her ex, feel like a "good mother." Maybe because bullying him or watching him be abused was an outlet for her anger. Maybe because her disgusting family expected her to have visitation. People like Melissa don't want visitation for the child's sake, but for their own wants, ego gratification, or need to look good in the eyes of society.

Just checking in, it's sooo hard to come here W/O crying about what this Little Man went through. I hope the State goes for Death on MJ, and DE!! I'd like to see both of them put through what they did to Robert.

I hope the state goes for life without parole. From what I understand, death row inmates get a whole lot of perks that are unavailable to those commited for life. Plus, we all know they are never going to actually get put to death anyway. So let them rot their lives away until they die, is my preferred punishment.

Has a cause of death ever been disclosed?

:rose: for you Robert

It's so lonely here, and I would be sad about this, but I know that Robert is not lonely in Heaven.

Missing Robert, whom I have never met in person, yet, led me to listen to a sermon by John MacArthur, (Grace To You program). It was a 2 part series on "The Salvation of Babies Who Die". I have listened to most of it, but I am going back to listen to the whole thing, start to finish. John MacArthur relays a message to us that babies, and children like Robert who die, are INSTANTLY with Jesus.

I hope the state goes for life without parole. From what I understand, death row inmates get a whole lot of perks that are unavailable to those commited for life. Plus, we all know they are never going to actually get put to death anyway. So let them rot their lives away until they die, is my preferred punishment.

Has a cause of death ever been disclosed?

:rose: for you Robert
BBM
I don't actually know the answer, but in the comments of one of the Articles from a local she said her good friend was on the Fire Department, and he was @ the scene, and it look as thought Robert was beat badly. Makes my imagination run wild :furious:

BBM
I don't actually know the answer, but in the comments of one of the Articles from a local she said her good friend was on the Fire Department, and he was @ the scene, and it look as thought Robert was beat badly. Makes my imagination run wild :furious:

My imagination says he may have pushed/thrown Robert down onto the floor then he kicked him, rupturing his spleen. Robert's spleen could have leaked for days, eventually going into shock and bleeding to death internally. Not to mention the other injuries. Typically this type of injury is detected before the person bleeds to death. Towards the last days the pain in the head neck and shoulder is excrutiating then the person passes out and is in shock. Usually the spleen is removed, sometimes repaired. sometimes there are accessory spleens that can replace any function of the origianl spleen. A common surgery. He would have lived if someone took him to the doc in time if this is what eventually killed him.

:banghead: :furious: :banghead: :furious:

My imagination says he may have pushed/thrown Robert down onto the floor then he kicked him, rupturing his spleen. Robert's spleen could have leaked for days, eventually going into shock and bleeding to death internally. Not to mention the other injuries. Typically this type of injury is detected before the person bleeds to death. Towards the last days the pain in the head neck and shoulder is excrutiating then the person passes out and is in shock. Usually the spleen is removed, sometimes repaired. sometimes there are accessory spleens that can replace any function of the origianl spleen. A common surgery. He would have lived if someone took him to the doc in time if this is what eventually killed him.

:banghead: :furious: :banghead: :furious:

If it wasn't the spleen, it could easily be peritonitis from a ruptured bowel, a very common way for abused children to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass