Found Deceased ID - William 'Bo' Kirk, 41, Post Falls, 22 Oct 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey All,

I live in Spokane Valley, WA, which is pretty close to all this. Bo was a beloved member of my family (my girlfriend's Uncle, we all spend lots of time together at family gatherings and whatnot) and I can't think of a more undeserving family to suffer this cruelty than his. His wife and kids are all so wonderful and this is just an absolute tragedy.

I made an account here literally just so I could be involved in this thread; I've been scouring the internet for ANYTHING to help me understand this case since I got the text that he was missing last Saturday evening. This thread, and all of your insight, suggestions, and SM comments/links/things you've found and analyzed is just amazing. So thanks for being a huge resource for me as I've been trying to piece this together myself.

I think there are two logical timelines here, based on the info we've received:

1. Bo was kidnapped, forced to provide his PIN, and then driven to the shooting area and murdered and dumped. The suspects then went back into town, hit two ATMs, and then burned the truck and left.

2. Bo was kidnapped, tied up, and brought in his own truck with the suspects to both ATMs so they could verify his PIN was correct. After hitting both ATMs, they drove to the shooting area, murdered him, and dumped his body. They then drove out of the woods, burned his truck, and left.

Some of my thoughts, in no particular order:

- Based both on the large amount of time that passed between when Bo left work and the first ATM transaction occurred, and the small amount of time that passed between the second ATM transaction and the discovery of Bo's truck, I'd say that timeline #1 seems more plausible.

- A second vehicle must have been involved. The question is where in the timeline it came into play. Was it immediately, or not until they burned and ditched the truck?

- I know they're pinning this on road rage, but I'm not buying it, for a variety of reasons. Are we to really believe that all of this was spontaneously done and these suspects had all of this stuff (clothing, masks, rope, gasoline, gloves) already with them? I suppose that they could have purchased one or more of these things after killing Bo and before they hit the ATMs, and maybe the police have been able to obtain records of these purchases to argue the case that this wasn't planned. But it sure seems way to calculated and excessive to just be the product of a road rage incident. Also, the fact that they're asserting that Bo was followed home and then kidnapped makes no sense. He lives in a fairly active neighborhood, and ther certainly would have been witnesses had he been abducted in his own driveway with a struggle. Unless they've recovered OnStar records or a witness that supports this theory, it seems unlikely.

- I'm stumped on the reasoning for the second suspect to be in federal custody. Hutto is clearly the one being charged with the murder, while his accomplice is being held on "related charges". This makes the "national forest" argument obsolete, as Hutto is being charged with the murder that occurred there but he is not the one in federal custody. The attorney general said that there are "lots of moving pieces" in this case, so maybe the other suspect was already wanted on federal charges? I don't see how they can charge just one of the men with bank fraud, either, as I've seen that suggested as the reason for federal holding. But why is this case sealed?

I'm hoping that there is a lot more to this case than is public. I'm hoping that there is concrete evidence that supports the road rage story, and this isn't just a product of a confession by a hardened criminal to avoid having his charge upgraded to 1st degree murder, and subsequent laziness by the prosecutor to go with the easy confession and conviction. This evil monster needs to see a quick application of Idaho's death penalty for what he's done to our family.

Sorry for the disorganization, and there's a lot more details that I find odd here, but I just wanted to share my thoughts and sincerely thank all of you for taking time to create and maintain this discussion.

Written from my iPhone, so please excuse any errors dictating.

Welcome kmwtal777 and thanks for sharing. I am heartbroken for his family. Senseless.

ETA and I go with your #2 as I don't believe they would have done away with Bo without making sure that pin # was correct.

-Unless they did go somewhere to check the pin and that hasn't been released yet.

I was thinking they may have taken some time to negotiate with Bo about providing the pin # and that neither he(liars) or his family would be harmed...and also for at least one to disguise their face. I don't see them approaching Bo with the disguise on.

I really don't know and is just moo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

[SNIP]

I'm hoping that there is a lot more to this case than is public. I'm hoping that there is concrete evidence that supports the road rage story, and this isn't just a product of a confession by a hardened criminal to avoid having his charge upgraded to 1st degree murder, and subsequent laziness by the prosecutor to go with the easy confession and conviction. This evil monster needs to see a quick application of Idaho's death penalty for what he's done to our family.

[SNIP]

First, welcome. Second, I am so so sorry you are going through this.

As for the prosecutor...she or he is probably going with what can be proven....I know people are calling for his head, as they should, but would you rather the case be one that is a slam dunk, or one that is kind of shaky? I'm truly not trying to be awful.

The prosecutor has to utilize what evidence the FETs (Forensic Evidence Technicians), Crims (Criminologists), Blood Spatter experts (as required), Firearms experts (again, as required), Trajectory reconstruction (as required, once more), arson experts for the truck, and so on and so on discover and process. There is also the M.E.'s findings/report.

Side note: Forgive the short hand, I am a Forensic Technology Student and all the shorthand is easier. :)

Thanks for the replies. It's very fascinating to hear from somebody familiar with forensics. If indeed timeline #2 is what happened, then that leaves an incredibly short amount of time for the suspects to hit both ATMs, murder Bo, dump his body, torch his truck, and leave. Which would almost certainly suggest pre-meditation and a very precise plan. I understand that the prosecution can only go with what they can prove, but it just seems like common sense to put the pieces together and see that this was a thourough planned out killing.

Thanks for the replies. It's very fascinating to hear from somebody familiar with forensics. If indeed timeline #2 is what happened, then that leaves an incredibly short amount of time for the suspects to hit both ATMs, murder Bo, dump his body, torch his truck, and leave. Which would almost certainly suggest pre-meditation and a very precise plan. I understand that the prosecution can only go with what they can prove, but it just seems like common sense to put the pieces together and see that this was a thourough planned out killing.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll do the best I can to answer. :)

ETA: For what its worth, I don't personally believe they got him at his home. It's far too likely to be they would be seen by his family or a neighbor who knows him.

Agreed, SammieJean.

Also, I'm hoping somebody with much more legal knowledge than I will be able to answer this question:

Why was this case sealed?

Are cases like this sealed because the court is worried that releasing any information could potentially compromise the jury pool? Is there “inherent conflict” between freedom of the press and fair trial to provide the defendant with a trial free of prejudicial pre-trial publicity?

Just curious as to why the decision was quickly made to seal this case and limit media access to any details. Thanks in advance!

Agreed, SammieJean.

Also, I'm hoping somebody with much more legal knowledge than I will be able to answer this question:

Why was this case sealed?

Are cases like this sealed because the court is worried that releasing any information could potentially compromise the jury pool? Is there “inherent conflict” between freedom of the press and fair trial to provide the defendant with a trial free of prejudicial pre-trial publicity?

Just curious as to why the decision was quickly made to seal this case and limit media access to any details. Thanks in advance!

I'm not a lawyer, but perhaps they did to avoid contaminating the jury pool with a bias towards guilt, thus enabling the defense to scream that it wasn't a fair trial. Also, it may inadvertently reveal the name of the second suspect. Just a guess.

I've never been to Idaho but to me, Port Falls/CDA/Hayden seem to have that small town feel. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a motion to move the trial to the closest big city.

Hey All,

I live in Spokane Valley, WA, which is pretty close to all this. Bo was a beloved member of my family (my girlfriend's Uncle, we all spend lots of time together at family gatherings and whatnot) and I can't think of a more undeserving family to suffer this cruelty than his. His wife and kids are all so wonderful and this is just an absolute tragedy.
SBM

Welcome to WS however I am so sorry for the reason that brought you here! I want to tell you and your family how very sorry I am for the loss of Bo. I think the entire community from Hayden to Spokane and beyond is truly saddened and sickened by the actions of these two individuals. Just by hearing from Bo's family and friends, I can tell what a wonderful person he truly was. #JusticeforBo

Today a CDA Press update on the case reads, "This was a random act of violence, road rage incident, Hutto followed Kirk home, kidnapped and bound him and at some point shot him. How did this happen at his home and his family not notice? There had to have been a passenger in Hutto's car for Hutto to have been able to steal Kirk's truck after subduing him. Kirk did not notice the car from a road rage incident following him? They would have had to be on his tail to get him before he got in the house. It is all very strange. I too live in the area.

I wanted to post this for awhile but it was in a closed group and SM so I couldn't but now there's a MSM
http://www.krem.com/news/crime/bo-kirk-murder-suspect-involved-in-questionable-online-sale/345246958

"A viewer emailed us a photo of what appears to be an item Hutto posted online. Hutto advertised a TV for sale and listed an address on Miles Avenue in Hayden, Idaho, which is the address authorities said Hutto was living at.

In the post, Hutto wrote 'Phone not working right now, so please stop by. Must sell to pay for medications.' "

Seems like DEH was determined to get money that day.

So you're saying Mr Kirk went to Hutto's house to buy a tv? He was expected at home with ice cream and to take his son on a fall outing. You think he would have called home. I know of several people who had bought items from this never ending yard sale. They all say the 2 guys who run it look pretty seedy but that someone would have spotted Mr Kirk's, may he rest in peace, truck if he had been there. Also the paper read the LE stated this crime "had all the hallmarks of an inside job."

So you're saying Mr Kirk went to Hutto's house to buy a tv? He was expected at home with ice cream and to take his son on a fall outing. You think he would have called home. I know of several people who had bought items from this never ending yard sale. They all say the 2 guys who run it look pretty seedy but that someone would have spotted Mr Kirk's, may he rest in peace, truck if he had been there. Also the paper read the LE stated this crime "had all the hallmarks of an inside job."
If he did go there to buy the TV that would allow for the time from Bo leaving work to the at the first atm.

Bo may not have necessarily gone to DEH's home to purchase a TV. But in the post DEH say's he 'needs to sell to pay for medications'. It's possible he sugar coated the truth there and was desperate for money to buy drugs OR, was desperate for something like pain medication and was not successful in selling the TV?

Bo may not have necessarily gone to DEH's home to purchase a TV. But in the post DEH say's he 'needs to sell to pay for medications'. It's possible he sugar coated the truth there and was desperate for money to buy drugs OR, was desperate for something like pain medication and was not successful in selling the TV?
I think the ad was posted above and it did say sold. Maybe, the person didn't show up if it wasn't Bo because you would think he would have said something about being late getting home...as he was expected at 7:20.

Oh, I also believe the drugs were not scripts provided to Hutto by a Dr.

Maybe a second car followed them out there for quick getaway.

I am sorry for your family.

A couple things that I can clarify here (and one piece of info that is a further mystery):

- Bo lived in Coeur d' Alene, not Post Falls or Hayden.

- Bo wouldn't buy a used TV; he wasn't even a member of that FB group. They had no use for another TV. But what I think Hutto's post in that group does reveal (especially with him saying that he needed to pay for medications) is that he was in need of money that day. If Bo intended to drive all the way up to Hayden after work to buy a TV, his family wouldn't have expected him to be home at 7:20 pm.

- Bo's son said that the media was not allowed in the hearing yesterday, and that "anything we hear is just speculation". He named KREM 2 News specifically as a media outlet that was "not helping". He said that the case was sealed "because they're still investigating". If this is the case, then how did news outlets acquire footage from inside the hearing, where the prosecutor can be heard asking for a bail amount and summarizing what she thinks Hutto did? And there have been multiple interviews with law enforcement, not just the media, that have confirmed the fact that Hutto was being alleged by prosecutors to have murdered Bo in an act of road rage.

- One thing that I missed before. In the hearing, the prosecutor says that Hutto "took steps to cover up the killing", including "purchasing gasoline" to torch the truck. The way that she said this, using the word "purchase", leads me to assume that they have proof (financially or maybe even surveillance footage) of Hutto purchasing gasoline that evening after the initial kidnapping took place (maybe even with Bo's ATM card), and that's an indication to them that this wasn't planned.

Thoughts?

A couple things that I can clarify here (and one piece of info that is a further mystery):

- Bo lived in Coeur d' Alene, not Post Falls or Hayden.

- Bo wouldn't buy a used TV; he wasn't even a member of that FB group. They had no use for another TV. But what I think Hutto's post in that group does reveal (especially with him saying that he needed to pay for medications) is that he was in need of money that day. If Bo intended to drive all the way up to Hayden after work to buy a TV, his family wouldn't have expected him to be home at 7:20 pm.

- Bo's son said that the media was not allowed in the hearing yesterday, and that "anything we hear is just speculation". He named KREM 2 News specifically as a media outlet that was "not helping". He said that the case was sealed "because they're still investigating". If this is the case, then how did news outlets acquire footage from inside the hearing, where the prosecutor can be heard asking for a bail amount and summarizing what she thinks Hutto did? And there have been multiple interviews with law enforcement, not just the media, that have confirmed the fact that Hutto was being alleged by prosecutors to have murdered Bo in an act of road rage.

- One thing that I missed before. In the hearing, the prosecutor says that Hutto "took steps to cover up the killing", including "purchasing gasoline" to torch the truck. The way that she said this, using the word "purchase", leads me to assume that they have proof (financially or maybe even surveillance footage) of Hutto purchasing gasoline that evening after the initial kidnapping took place (maybe even with Bo's ATM card), and that's an indication to them that this wasn't planned.

Thoughts?

I am sorry this tragedy is what brought you to WS, but I have to say, I'm glad you joined us. You fit right in!

The details will eventually come out so I'm trying to be patient about that. What really has me curious is why the case is being so hush-hush. I don't understand.

Welcome to WS.

jmo

I am very sorry for your family's loss and pray for quick resolution so the unsurmountable healing can begin. I agree the timeline for #2 is extremely tight, but IMO I can't imagine even the dumbest of crooks murdering BK before knowing whether the pin he gave was indeed valid. Someone noted earlier that they saw movement in the backseat of the ATM footage and if so, it would have to indicate the presence of BK being alive at the time or the involvement of a 3rd party. Do you know if the location where BK was found is accessible by truck? If so, I don't know that we can eliminate the possibility of BK being murdered on the way to the shooting range, thus requiring less time for the act and walking to the location where he was found. It still appears they would've had time to go by DH's residence after the 2nd ATM draw to pick up a vehicle, although it is rumored that DH did not own a car, but perhaps his roommate did. Just speculating. Even though the perps wore gloves, they could've still left DNA in the truck, causing them to torch it? But how do we know it wasn't BK's DNA (death) they were trying to burn? Hopefully someone with legal experience can chime in. But also wondering if DH was the trigger man? Could he be charged with 2nd degree murder for being accessory to the crime or because the person in federal custody has fingered him? What if the person in federal custody was the trigger man? Would it be considered a federal crime because he was held hostage during the robbery? Or did the 2nd perp have outstanding warrants in other states which would involve the feds? I honestly don't know, just trying to consider all possible scenarios. JMO

Point 1

My guess would be that during the initial appearance of suspect #2, (the unknown suspect), his lawyer asked that all records be sealed to insure his client was guaranteed a fair trail. Some judge was dumb enough to sign off on it and the prosecutor apparently didn't object, so sealed it was. That may be the main reason why they aren't identifying suspect #2, legal gamesmanship being perpetrated inside of a kangaroo court. There really isn't any good reason why this person hasn't been identified, which includes gender, age, and the extent involved.

Point 2

We all know that the timeline seems pretty funky and confusing. Bo leaves at 7 p.m.----first ATM robbed at 8:34 p.m. Now that I've watched the ridiculous procedures that have been put into play by the "system", I have no doubt that the two perpetrators most likely went on a spending spree with Bo's money. We've only heard about one debit card and pin #, but they may have stolen numerous cards from him and used them elsewhere. I imagine the two videos that were put out for the public to see are the tip of the iceberg, and that a huge amount of electronic evidence as well as video footage has been suppressed and hidden from public view. If the people in charge will hide the name of the suspect of all things, then the sky is the limit on what other information they will suppress and keep under wraps, which would include all of the places these two pukes may have gone in an attempt to buy things and purchase things using Bo's cards. If that additional information was known, then the timeline would most likely make perfect sense and their movements that day would be easy to track. We aren't going to hear about or see that evidence for a long time though, so do the best you can to piece it together with what we do have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back