IF the DEATH PENALTY wasn't on the table would the the Anthonys still try to save her

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If the DEATH PENALTY wasn't on the table would the Anthonys still try to save ICA?

• Yes "absolutely"

Votes: 269 73.5%
  • No not a chance

Votes: 31 8.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 66 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Without a doubt, yes, they would still enable her without the DP. Google the mental health problem called codependence.

LOL Wut?

I have heard the TH's say that Death is different..true, however, is it different for the A's or is this just how the A's would react no matter what the charges were?

CA's behavior has been excused by MANY because "it's understandable, she's trying to save her daughters life."

Knowing what I know from the last 3 years, I am calling BS on that but am curious if others feel the same?

It is my opinion that the Anthonys, consummate enablers and above all privileged, entitled and superior would definitely be doing the exact same thing as they're doing now if the death penalty was off the table.
An Anthony? In Prison?!
Heaven --or Hell-- forbid! That's not where good families end up and it's clear the Anthony's think they are better than everyone else.

Hard to imagine many families in the U.S. actually yelling at the people trying to help, along with badgering, screaming at, and haranguing the media, to 'get their asses out/going and look for their grand-daughter!'

::::pardon me whilst I choke back the vomit:::

My first post here. A quick question if I may:
Is there a certain number of posts I have to make before I am able to start a thread?

I caught a parallel to the Freudian slip of an 'alleged' murderer using the past tense when referring to their victim(s) in one of the Casey/Ma/Pa Kettle jailhouse tapes.
Seeing how thorough you all are, along with the vast number of threads & posts, I am sure I am not the only one who caught this; but I do not know how to put the right words together for a search nor, as I said, am able to (yet?) post a top-level thread to ask about this...

...so I beg your understanding & (hopefully) a modicum of compassion to a newb here to avail me of your knowledge :)

Cher

I really think the A's think they are above the law and can manipulate any situation to their liking. They would have fought whatever the ultimate penalty limit was.
This makes me want the DP even more to punish them as well and I can't help but wonder if the jury is feeling the same way...
I often wondered myself

Oh, & also;
I've never seen Casey A. referred to as ICA...

may I ask what this means on this board?
First thing that came to mind was "Immature Casey Anthony" but then one of the other CA's --Cindy of course-- is just as immature as her spawn, so.... ??

Apologies if I displease anyone here by my Anthony Opinions,
I simply, truly cannot stand that family.

Thanks again!

Cher

Oh, & also;

First thing that came to mind was "Immature Casey Anthony" but then one of the other CA's --Cindy of course-- is just as immature as her spawn, so.... ??

Thanks again!

Cher

ICA means Inmate Casey Anthony

I have heard the TH's say that Death is different..true, however, is it different for the A's or is this just how the A's would react no matter what the charges were?

CA's behavior has been excused by MANY because "it's understandable, she's trying to save her daughters life."

Knowing what I know from the last 3 years, I am calling BS on that but am curious if others feel the same?

I completely agree with you, and my opinion also comes from what I have seen of her behavior in the last 3 years.

-snipped-
Let's say ICA ends up being charged with manslaughter, a slap on the wrist considering what she's done. What if she ends up getting out with time served? (Won't happen ... I'm just speculating here.) Does the rest of the Anthony family think Casey will be grateful for their effort and their lies to save her butt? Hahahaha! Hilarious. She will be the biggest ingrate on the planet. Now that's she been a "media star," she will blow them completely off.

sorry for what you have been through. i can empathize, although my parents would never admit they were abusive or crazy or anything negative at all. still, though, i am glad you got out! i wanted to address the part i snipped. i completely agree w/you on that. it reminds me of the musical 'chicago,' where the defendant's (who is guilty of murdering a man she had an affair with) husband sticks up for her in court. when she is acquitted, he is the only one who is left, ready to be by her side. and all she can express is disappointment at how nobody even wanted to take her picture. i could totally see ICA like that as well! no "thanks for falling on the sword" to come out of her lips, just... "where's the media blitz i was promised?"

LOL Wut?

It is my opinion that the Anthonys, consummate enablers and above all privileged, entitled and superior would definitely be doing the exact same thing as they're doing now if the death penalty was off the table.
An Anthony? In Prison?!
Heaven --or Hell-- forbid! That's not where good families end up and it's clear the Anthony's think they are better than everyone else.

Hard to imagine many families in the U.S. actually yelling at the people trying to help, along with badgering, screaming at, and haranguing the media, to 'get their asses out/going and look for their grand-daughter!'

::::pardon me whilst I choke back the vomit:::

My first post here. A quick question if I may:
Is there a certain number of posts I have to make before I am able to start a thread?

I caught a parallel to the Freudian slip of an 'alleged' murderer using the past tense when referring to their victim(s) in one of the Casey/Ma/Pa Kettle jailhouse tapes.
Seeing how thorough you all are, along with the vast number of threads & posts, I am sure I am not the only one who caught this; but I do not know how to put the right words together for a search nor, as I said, am able to (yet?) post a top-level thread to ask about this...

...so I beg your understanding & (hopefully) a modicum of compassion to a newb here to avail me of your knowledge :)

Cher

WELCOME!!!! :seeya: i totally agree with you here. and i don't know how many posts you need until you can start a thread, but i had been unable to for a while and only recently discovered i can. so, at least as many posts as me (60), and most likely fewer posts than me! (50?) i don't know of a thread on this but read it on dr. glass's body language blog - the fact that ICA continually referred to caylee in the past tense before anyone found her body was VERY suspect. parents of missing children generally refer to their children in the present tense as they want to believe they are alive. parents who know their child is dead will refer to them in the past tense because, well, they know the child is dead!

thanks for joining us!!

WELCOME!!!! :seeya: i totally agree with you here. and i don't know how many posts you need until you can start a thread, but i had been unable to for a while and only recently discovered i can. so, at least as many posts as me (60), and most likely fewer posts than me! (50?) i don't know of a thread on this but read it on dr. glass's body language blog - the fact that ICA continually referred to caylee in the past tense before anyone found her body was VERY suspect. parents of missing children generally refer to their children in the present tense as they want to believe they are alive. parents who know their child is dead will refer to them in the past tense because, well, they know the child is dead!

thanks for joining us!!

Thank YOU for responding, not only informatively but so kindly! :)

It appears I actually missed Casey's past tense usage (but I have not seen all the videos, not near all)
-- I truly meant a parallel to the Past Tense terminology (I'm sure there's a term for this but I don't seem to have it in my vocabulary) where one of them (Casey, of course) showed via her language that someone was not being counted, that someone was missing in their little Hand;
to wit:

One of the jailhouse visits/phone calls (like a fool I neglected to mark the YouTube video of the exact one) between ICA, CA & GA where he bestows his --Oh! Such words of wisdom!--
sagacity that their "family" (a term which I use loosely in regards to that motley crew)

'is like a hand, and George is the thumb... yadda yadda yadda... Caylee is the pinkie'.

To which Casey responds something very like 'Oh ABSOLUTELY!'
(I will NEVER use that word again! It now makes me sick.)
'The FOUR of us should and will be home together'!

(& she didn't yell "four" LOL, I'm just capitalizing for stress the word AMAP)

--as I said, since I don't have the video it's not verbatim but the gist is darn close to almost exact.

Well, y'know, that freakazoid family could indeed be like the Simpsons and only have a total of 4 digits on each hand
...but still, my math skillz puts somebody out of the house and out of the pie-in-the-sky Happy Anthony Family Reunion (TM)

and the only one who could be omitted would be poor, lost Caylee. :cry:

IMHO they have saved her all her life. QUOTE]

But, IMO, they have also condemned her. By "saving" her they have produced a completely cold shell of a person.

Very true! They had a huge hand in creating this monster. My cousin's family does the same stuff and year after year they have had to save him from bigger problems all while creating bigger problems for themselves.

Not sure. I've never found out exactly when Cindy found out about all the thefts. From her Myspace entry it looked to have started after Caylee's birth then some minor lies and maybe a few little thefts at first before the huge ones were discovered just before Caylee went missing. Another theft may not have been discovered until Casey was hid out at Tony's. No one really knows what Casey got away with during childhood or teen years. If Cindy had a little time to turn in thefts she also had to worry about Casey quickly bailing out, leaving with Caylee, and nothing she could do about it at least for quite awhile. However, after her testimony about chloroform and other things I'm wondering if the Anthony's just want Casey totally aquitted and back at home. I figure getting tough, demanding custody, and threatening to get charges filed is what resulted in Caylee's death and the men in the family being accused of perversion.

Also: If Casey is a malignant narcissist I don't believe it was real noticeable until the late teens when she had Caylee and don't believe there was anything they could have done to change her or prevent it except to totally take Caylee away and have her locked up, which would never have happened until Casey committed a major felony and neglected Caylee. She may not even have lost custody without going to prison for years.

Thank YOU for responding, not only informatively but so kindly! :)

It appears I actually missed Casey's past tense usage (but I have not seen all the videos, not near all)
-- I truly meant a parallel to the Past Tense terminology (I'm sure there's a term for this but I don't seem to have it in my vocabulary) where one of them (Casey, of course) showed via her language that someone was not being counted, that someone was missing in their little Hand;
to wit:

One of the jailhouse visits/phone calls (like a fool I neglected to mark the YouTube video of the exact one) between ICA, CA & GA where he bestows his --Oh! Such words of wisdom!--
sagacity that their "family" (a term which I use loosely in regards to that motley crew)

'is like a hand, and George is the thumb... yadda yadda yadda... Caylee is the pinkie'.

To which Casey responds something very like 'Oh ABSOLUTELY!'
(I will NEVER use that word again! It now makes me sick.)
'The FOUR of us should and will be home together'!

(& she didn't yell "four" LOL, I'm just capitalizing for stress the word AMAP)

--as I said, since I don't have the video it's not verbatim but the gist is darn close to almost exact.

Well, y'know, that freakazoid family could indeed be like the Simpsons and only have a total of 4 digits on each hand
...but still, my math skillz puts somebody out of the house and out of the pie-in-the-sky Happy Anthony Family Reunion (TM)

and the only one who could be omitted would be poor, lost Caylee. :cry:

Good post, very astute.

After logging-off last time, I remembered something -- CA initially phoned the police asking them to arrest her daughter for theft

I didn't give CA credit for that, in fact, I forgot about it when I posted before

Anyway, remembering that has altered my original stance in this thread, because by phoning the police and asking them to arrest KC for theft, CA showed that she is prepared to hand responsibility for her daughter's offenses to the authorities and is prepared to see KC be held accountable under law
The way I see it is that CA was trying to shake Casey down to get her to produce Caylee. She was extremely worried about Caylee's whereabouts but probably thought she was still alive and was willing to use 911/the police to get Casey to stop the cr@p (there had already been 31 days of this, not just a few) and bring Caylee back. What she didn't realize was that Caylee was dead and Casey was going to be in trouble for more than missing money or a car.

The word "absolutely" will always stick in my mind with this case, just as "if the glove don't fit, you must aquit" with the O.J. trial..
I wonder if the Anthony's are going to patent the word "absolutely" too...

i tend toward "probably not"

i just have to say one thing. how many of the people on this board have experienced what the anthony's are going through? i'm a survivor of the homicide of my daughter and soon after her death found that the only people who understood me had also suffered the loss of a child by homicide. i can't judge these people. i cannot pretend to know what they have endured and are enduring.
i am up to day 26 on wftv, watching the trial. i have read and listened extensively from wftv's resource page. my belief at this time is that CA was essentially unable to address the possibility that Caylee was dead before the bones were found. consequently she HAD to go by what Casey told her even as the proof of the lying grew and grew and grew. LE had no such investment; they knew from the get that Caylee was dead and that Casey had killed her.
i believe there was a dynamic in place, from listening to the phone call from jail and watching the video visits, in which Casey just pulled her parents' strings unmercifully, and they just did not have the strength, or confidence, or what-have-you, to respond in kind. at least not when somebody else was listening...
still haven't gotten to the recent testimony. those are long days in court and i have a job. it's june 10th here and that's where i'm at.
as i recall the DP poll was closed before i could vote, or comment, and i want to weigh in on that as well. i am against it for a number of reasons.
1. i am philosophically opposed to the death penalty because i do not believe that people should kill people. i stand against all war for the same reason, though i can recognize that some war is inevitable from one side's perspective.
2. nobody saw Caylee get killed. there is no video, no audio, no witness. consequently there will always be doubt as to how she died. this is not the same as reasonable doubt as to whether her mother murdered her, which i believe there is none and casey should be convicted for 1st degree.
3. her parents have suffered enough.
4. casey is very young. in prison she can still potentially achieve something good in her life. see number 1.

I "absolutely" believe they would lie as much as they have and continue to do to save her from any prison sentence. No doubt in my mind.

I'm probably not the first person to think or say this, but just imagine what kind of person Caylee would have grown up to be in this environment. Perhaps she is better off with a life cut short so she can remain eternally innocent.

Oh, & also;

Thanks again!

Cher

:welcome5:
So glad you've come aboard!
Personally, "Immature Casey Anthony" works just fine for me! :D

i tend toward "probably not"

i just have to say one thing. how many of the people on this board have experienced what the anthony's are going through? i'm a survivor of the homicide of my daughter and soon after her death found that the only people who understood me had also suffered the loss of a child by homicide. i can't judge these people
<clip>

As a brand-newb here perhaps I don't have the right to say this, but thank you for your courage in voicing your opinion
which appears to be against the majority here, based upon my brief readings on Websleuths. (great site!)

I'm very sorry for your loss. No, I don't believe that many if any of us could possibly understand all you went through; along with the emotional roller-coaster and of course, utter despair.
I am unfortunately childless and forever will remain so to my utter, heavy disappointment. I adore animals and rescue them; the closest I've ever come (sorry, don't laugh or take offense, it's just how I've felt) is when the 2 day old kitten, fit in the palm of my hand (& I have small hands) abandoned by her mother who I bottle fed every 2 hours, 'piddled', raised as my own 'baby' (which is what I'd always call her: 'My bay-bee');
this kitten/cat who was with me every hour of every day
at age 7 chewed on a lamp cord and electrocuted herself :cry:
in fact, at that exact time I knew something was wrong, so I called her, got two strange yowls (she was telling me where she was and to come help her, of that I'm sure), snatched her from under the end table and rushed her to the Emergency vet, as this was on a week-end;
but she was dead, I'm sure, during the drive.
I had no idea she had chewed the lamp cord or I would have given CPR; something to this day I soo wish I had done.
But ANYWAYS -- her death almost killed me. It's been 6 years now and I'm still not over it, nor ever will be. I was inconsolable, all I could moan to my husband is "I want my baby back" and talk about getting her cloned
(although successful cloning gives not only different coat patterns, but the clone never has the personality of the host --- something to think about regarding each life as an individual and to consider that not only humans but animals have Souls)
I even flitting with ideas of suicide. For months after.
Even all my other beloved rescues couldn't fill that awful, burning, more-than-empty hole; a gaping bloody wound which filled my entire torso along with my cranium.

With this reaction to a cat, I cannot in any way comprehend what it would be like to lose one's own child!
No way I think I could survive that.

Sorry to have to write all that, but it's so true and still affects me after years have passed. I'm sure I will be judged on that, and harshly by some people who have children;
but try to have compassion for we who are so terribly unlucky as to wholly desire but are unable to have the greatest gift, the total joy to ever have children...
Please.

And because of this, it's very possible that I do judge more harshly those who are lucky enough to have children;
especially those who can get pregnant on a 'whim' and are able to pop a series of babies out like peanuts
and who not treasure and take care of to the utmost their progeny.
This ability to reproduce is so taken for granted and so easy for some sociopaths that once their children cramp their lifestyle they think they can just equally 'replace' any of their children;
'a la Diane Downs, damn her.

But we *advertiser censored* sapiens do judge -- even the Christians, never mind Christ warned that if one doth judge, they themselves will be judged (sometimes I think He was just pointing out a human characteristic).
It's part of our nature.
In fact, if we didn't analyze things and people throughout our lives --i.e. judge them-- we couldn't make what sense we could of our lives on this planet; we wouldn't know who's trustworthy and safe, who's worth being around and who to stay as far away from as possible.

Myself, I kept up with much of the prosecution, but have skipped much of the defense. Along with Casey's "Absolutely" I just can't listen to the laughable "logic" portrayed in every The Mason Mumble
even moreso Baez's ever-constant "Aaaannddd...." which he uses every damn question! Heck, fingernails across a blackboard is Mozart compared to those people!
But far beyond that, I simply don't want to hear bull***; which seems is all that comes out of the Casey Faction.
I would love to hear the prosecution tear down the pathetic defense witnesses, but it's so very difficult for me to get through the 1st questioning that I've found I have to stop the video long before the prosecution gets a chance at cross.

****Would anyone happen to know if there are transcriptions of these days of the Defense case anywhere on the web? I could skip through and read those, and then refer to the defense witnesses testimonies without wanting to scream, or punch my monitor
or both simultaneously.
Much. :D

As for your opinion regarding the DP, I've always thought it's been overused in this country; and that people of color are much more apt to receive it. So unfair in its implementation.
I've always felt it should be used for killers of law officers, serial killers/multiple murderers and those who exploit and then murder a child; but of course there are exceptions to this rule.

Wow, each post of mine here is quite long -- I do apologize, don't mean to go on & on, nor ramble. I'll try to be more concise in future.
But I'm going to write another post regarding your anti-death penalty points after this...

Thanks all, for putting up with a verbose newbie :)

Cher

<clip>
the fact that ICA continually referred to caylee in the past tense before anyone found her body was VERY suspect. parents of missing children generally refer to their children in the present tense as they want to believe they are alive. parents who know their child is dead will refer to them in the past tense because, well, they know the child is dead!

thanks for joining us!!

Thank you for the welcome!
As I've mentioned a few times, I unfortunately tend to write long posts,
and I DO know that the longer the post the less it is likely to be read :(

This should be short: You mentioned that Casey A had mentioned (how many times, I wonder?) Caylee in the past tense:

Would you have any links or quotes for that?
That is something I'd love to examine!

Thanks again! :hi:

Cher

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member