IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jussie Smollett Apologizes to 'Empire' Cast and Crew, Maintains Innocence

Sources on the "Empire" set tell us the cast and crew were waiting at least 30 minutes for Jussie to begin the scheduled scene. When he eventually showed his face he was very emotional, and surrounded by his family.

We're told he addressed everyone on set, saying ..."I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this.”

After that, he left the set. We're told it was obvious Jussie had been crying a lot, so producers said he would have to come back later. He did, and we're told he is currently shooting the scene.

I foresee a #BoycottEmpire thing happening if he's not fired.

I wondered about that. I have never seen a MAGA hat in a store and thought it was strange that a Chicago store would have them for sale, but I saw a red hat in the video of the brothers buying their merchandise. So did they just buy a regular red baseball cap?

jmo
Yes, they bought a regular red baseball cap. I haven’t been to the US for a while, so I don’t know where you can actually buy these MAGA hats. I can imagine they don’t sell like hot cakes in Chicago though.

NEW: Jussie Smollett's legal team cites Chicago's mayoral election as a reason their client is wrongfully accused: "The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election."

MORE: "Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system. Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence."

Rob Elgas on Twitter

Dz-RNYNWsAEtFo0.jpg

Thats the full version found here Charlie De Mar on Twitter

NEW: Jussie Smollett's legal team cites Chicago's mayoral election as a reason their client is wrongfully accused: "The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election."

MORE: "Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system. Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence."

Rob Elgas on Twitter
You have got to be f'in kidding me. That is outrageous.

Sources on the "Empire" set tell us the cast and crew were waiting at least 30 minutes for Jussie to begin the scheduled scene. When he eventually showed his face he was very emotional, and surrounded by his family.

We're told he addressed everyone on set, saying ..."I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this.”

After that, he left the set. We're told it was obvious Jussie had been crying a lot, so producers said he would have to come back later. He did, and we're told he is currently shooting the scene.
GMAFB...

Thanks for bringing that up. I never had a chance to watch it. Knowing what we know now, I'm going to go and watch it.

Thank you to everyone for the discussion and posting tweets, media links etc..

Just wanted to share my 2 cents. When I first heard the story I felt horrified and sad, but I remember thinking at the time that it didn't sound right, for all the reasons brought up in discussions here.

Watching his GMA interview and his behavior since reminded me of Jodi Arias. Can you imagine!! But seriously, I have not seen this level of arrogance, narcissism, bullheadedness, obstinance, stone cold lying since JA.

We're told he addressed everyone on set, saying ..."I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family... I did not do this.”

he's sorry not sorry for putting them through something he didn't do

makes sense to me

Wow, the denial is strong in this one. Cry me a river, Jussie.

CBS Chicago

Jussie Smollett's legal team is condemning the handling of his case today. “Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system. The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election. Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence and feels betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing.”

Police Say Jussie Smollett Paid Two Men By Check To Stage Attack; ‘This Publicity Stunt Was A Scar That Chicago Didn’t Earn’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay