IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impeccable character?????? LOL
Such as when he got a DUI in California and lied to LE and said that he was his brother??
Which by the way, he admitted to doing!

CBS Chicago

Jussie Smollett's legal team is condemning the handling of his case today. “Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system. The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election. Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence and feels betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing.”

Police Say Jussie Smollett Paid Two Men By Check To Stage Attack; ‘This Publicity Stunt Was A Scar That Chicago Didn’t Earn’

Amazon! I just checked!

1. If you really feel the need to use letters cut out from magazines to send a threat, do NOT select Cosmopolitan, Gay Pages, or Vanity Fair. They may look nice but forget about gold and silver letters. Bad! Bad! Bad! Buy The American Conservative, Shooting Illustrated, or American Cowboy. Black letters only! And NO palm trees! It’s best to send a threat from a burner phone using a VPN and fake e-mail address.
2. Even if you’re an actor and you want to be seen, recognized, have an Oscar, forget cameras! No! No! No! And no polar vortex either! Let it unfold in rural Alabama, even if it means you maybe have to attend a gay square dance event to make it work!
3. Decide if your opponents are Empire fans, MAGA, homophobic, racist, or anti-vegan. Don’t make them be all of it!
4. If you really have to involve two brothers, make sure they stay in Nigera. And choose a bro who is not friends with you and posts ”I love you Jussie“ stories on Instagram.
Best post of the day!

CBS Chicago

Jussie Smollett's legal team is condemning the handling of his case today. “Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system. The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election. Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence and feels betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing.”

Police Say Jussie Smollett Paid Two Men By Check To Stage Attack; ‘This Publicity Stunt Was A Scar That Chicago Didn’t Earn’

An organized spectacle that was led by Smollett on the day he first perpetrated this crime.

NEW: Jussie Smollett's legal team cites Chicago's mayoral election as a reason their client is wrongfully accused: "The presumption of innocence, a bedrock in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably, on the eve of a Mayoral election."

MORE: "Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system. Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence."

Rob Elgas on Twitter
Honestly speaking, if I watched only the beginning of the PC by LE today... like it or not... LE just handed JS grounds to sue. Criminal justice 101... use the words "alleged" or similar and never speak as though the arrested has been found guilty before convicted because...like it or not... it's a violation of ones rights for LE to presume guilt before due process. Not to mention in such a public manner. That was one of the 1st things I learned when I began working as a PO. I just have to say, WOW. Dumb move by LE. JMO

I don't give the guy a pass. I haven't believed him since day one since his story made no sense. But calling him the biggest threat to society someone has ever seen? That is totally over the top. We have much greater threats now and in the past than Jussie.

Honestly speaking, if I watched only the beginning of the PC by LE today... like it or not... LE just handed JS grounds to sue. Criminal justice 101... use the words "alleged" or similar and never speak as though the arrested has been found guilty before convicted because...like it or not... it's a violation of ones rights for LE to presume guilt before due process. Not to mention in such a public manner. That was one of the 1st things I learned when I began working as a PO. I just have to say, WOW. Dumb move by LE. JMO
But I see pressers all the time where LE presumes the person they arrested is guilty. Why would a police chief say ”Yeah, we arrested him, but let’s see.“. They made an arrest because they have very strong evidence and presume he’s guilty. What happens at court is a different thing.

Dz-Tx9lXQAEcPLk.jpg:large
Fantastic post!

That is what you think? I lived in Chicago during the riots in 1968, we were literally afraid to turn on the lights in the house. We couldn't leave, we were sure we would be killed. And I am not exaggerating.

This situation could have easily started the same situation.

You live through a riot, with absolute anarchy, knowing that even if your home is invaded, the police can't help you. That is fear. I remember the smell of body odor, the smell of terror. When you are literally shaking in fear of your life, your body odor changes. Don't tell me what Jussie Smollett did was nothing. This could have easily tipped the edge.
But none of that happened so he is hardly the biggest threat to society.
And I didn't post it was nothing.At this point we don't know if it is something.
This is why we have a court system to determine if there is evidence to prove guilt.

that is what the prosecutor has to say and she did.

that is what the prosecutor has to say and she did.
So she laid out her whole case via the media. Not smart because that gives the defense a plan and isn't fair to the defendant as far as finding an impartial jury.

So she laid out her whole case via the media. Not smart because that gives the defense a plan and isn't fair to the defendant as far as finding an impartial jury.

It would be a Brady violation if she did not give the defense all of her evidence. And again, the same thing happened in the Frazee case--media released the details of the case.

That is what you think? I lived in Chicago during the riots in 1968, we were literally afraid to turn on the lights in the house. We couldn't leave, we were sure we would be killed. And I am not exaggerating.

This situation could have easily started the same situation.

You live through a riot, with absolute anarchy, knowing that even if your home is invaded, the police can't help you. That is fear. I remember the smell of body odor, the smell of terror. When you are literally shaking in fear of your life, your body odor changes. Don't tell me what Jussie Smollett did was nothing. This could have easily tipped the edge.

Where in Chicago did you live? Where were these riots?

But I see pressers all the time where LE presumes the person they arrested is guilty. Why would a police chief say ”Yeah, we arrested him, but let’s see.“. They made an arrest because they have very strong evidence and presume he’s guilty. What happens at court is a different thing.
And what happens in the media is different too. He can't be reported as having done a crime but as allegedly having done the crime or accused/charged with a crime. But I've heard LE make definitive statements before. I don't think LE messed this up at all.

jmo

It would be a Brady violation if she did not give the defense all of her evidence. And again, the same thing happened in the Frazee case--media released the details of the case.
I understand the prosecution has to turn over all evidence but this information was given to the media.
Now I have seen SOME details released in cases to media but NEVER to this extent.

I understand the prosecution has to turn over all evidence but this information was given to the media.
Now I have seen SOME details released in cases to media but NEVER to this extent.
I don't know her reasoning, but perhaps it was to quell any lingering conspiracy theories that he wasn't treated fairly by LE.

jmo

It varies from state to state depending on the law. For example, Florida has very open laws and everything gets released to the public once it goes to the defense. Colorado has very open laws as well as we've seen from both the Watts and the Frazee cases. IL must be siminlar

Apologies. I responded to your comment but was thinking in a more general way. I'm just saying that strictly from a legal stand point (regardless of what charge or if the arrestee is JS or Joe Blow) not using the words alleged or presumed etc by the 1st officer was something that would have gotten me fired and city hall would be scrambling to figure out how to avoid a lawsuit that could cost the city money. JS will probably be found guilty and justice will be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shortie05986