Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And by doing such, she knew exactly how to present herself and she was not insane or incompetent.

I think she’s competent by legal standards. I do see her attorney milking the “she’s suffering from the brain disease known as addiction....”, for all he can because there is nothing else. Then the litany of medical experts will present slide shows, stats, etc.
Bottom line is she’s a nasty butt IV drug using child murderer. Moo

First time posting here, and even though I have followed a few other cases, AJ's case is different. I agree the shower was a revival attempt, not a punishment. I do think this was related to the odd timing of the CPR search at 3:17am...panic. AJ, I'm so sorry and so sad--I need to find a way to help.
I know there are no should have's, would have's or could have's in life...I can't help but wonder if he could have held on a few more weeks, would he and P be removed once the baby was born w/ opiates? Or, am I just naive?

I doubt it, because the baby would have been in NICU for some time, imo. So no one would need to do a home visit until she was bringing the baby home, I think.

"Freund’s license was suspended for two years in October 2015. The Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois at the time found he was convicted of indirect criminal contempt for violating a court order while he served as JoAnn Cunningham’s divorce attorney.

The suspension was stayed after 90 days in January 2016 and Freund was placed on probation and allowed to practice law again. He was allowed to continue practicing law as long as he meets the requirements of his probation, which include continuing treatment for substance abuse." AJ Freund's dad had been ordered to undergo drug treatment to keep law license

With a gap in his income and costs for drugs, he may have refinanced the home. I would imagine his income didn't bounce back after the suspension and stay. It really is a shame how far he fell.

That makes sense. Thank you. I feel very strongly that he is more involved here. Moo

When she went silent with friends & family, that was a very bad sign.
Like you, I would have to get the kids out.
This was destined to happen. Abuse was only going to become more frequent & more violent. They do not just stop.

FYI: Hln put a full screen of AJ haircut photo up, any of you that did not notice his distorted head, get in front of your TV during the next segment. It is so obvious his head shape is completely different than other pics of him.
Haircut was one week after the brutal March beating.
He must have been so very ill, yet forced to comply with
Mommie dearest. I’m not a doctor but I wonder if his motor skills/internal organs/hearing/vision ever recovered from that beating or if he died a bit each day.
I still think the cold shower was a revival attempt, not punishment.
ITA that the cold shower was a resuscitation attempt after AJ lost consciousness, maybe had seizures. Based on the brief statement of cause of death, I am wondering if AJ was on the floor and one or both of them just repeatedly kicked him in the head. Poor boy.

Vile despicable people, both of them. That woman is a monstrosity. She had needle marks in her neck!?! Does the jail allow hate mail?

JoAnn Cunningham: A 7-month pregnant mother is in jail accused of killing her son - CNN

In Illinois, consideration for children born to mothers serving time is given to family members if it's in the best interest of the child. Court documents obtained by CNN on Thursday said the father of Cunningham's baby is not Freund.

"If the father is able to care for the newborn, they would have custody of the child," Strokosch said. "If there isn't a father available and absent other plans, DCFS becomes involved. We would work with the courts to create a plan for the child based on the best interest of the newborn."

If DN is the father, I see JC awarding custody to his family, providing they are interested in custody. I’m not saying this will happen but I don’t for one moment think DCFS to be concerned for the best interest of the baby or any child.
Also, per LE, DN/JC maintained a phone relationship during his incarceration & she had already advised him AJ went missing (always a good idea to notify an inmate before 911, huh), so if he’s the dad , they’ve probably discussed their future, jmo. Of course she has no future, because she took AJ’s future.

That makes sense. Thank you. I feel very strongly that he is more involved here. Moo

He was ordered to have a neuropsychological exam, also.
Why? I can only imagine......
Clearly, the world would be a much better place had JC/Sr
never met. They feed from each other, imo. One as evil as the other. Both incapable of any normalcy in any facet of life.
Neuropsychological Evaluation FAQ | Department of Neurology
What is a neuropsychological evaluation?
Neuropsychological evaluation is an assessment of how one’s brain functions, which indirectly yields information about the structural and functional integrity of your brain. The neuropsychological evaluation involves an interview and the administration of tests. The tests are typically pencil and paper type tests. Some tasks might be self-reports meaning that they are completed by the patient with assistance from a technician, but the majority of the tests require administration by a neuropsychologist or trained, skilled psychometrist.

Neuropsychological tests (unlike bedside cognitive and behavioral neurologic screens) are standardized, meaning that they are given in the same manner to all patients and scored in a similar manner time after time. An individual’s scores on tests are interpreted by comparing their score to that of healthy individuals of a similar demographic background (i.e., of similar age, education, gender, and/or ethnic background) and to expected levels of functioning. In this way, a neuropsychologist can determine whether one’s performance on any given task represents a strength or weakness. Although individual scores are important, the neuropsychologist looks at all of the data from the evaluation to determine a pattern of cognitive strengths and weaknesses and, in turn, to understand more about how the brain is functioning.

Neuropsychological tests evaluate functioning in a number of areas including: intelligence, executive functions (such as planning, abstraction, conceptualization), attention, memory, language, perception, sensorimotor functions, motivation, mood state and emotion, quality of life, and personality styles. The areas addressed in an individual’s evaluation are determined by the referral question (what the referring doctor and patient wants to know), patient’s complaints and symptoms, and observations made during interview and test administration.

Last edited:
I am wondering if AJ was on the floor and one or both of them just repeatedly kicked him in the head. Poor boy.

@SandyQLS it is very possible he was repeatedly kicked when he would not regain consciousness.

He’d been better off he he could have jumped from his bedroom window. But, we know that was bolted shut.

Sadly, I think if he had alerted anyone to his situation, his respite would have been brief. JC would only need run the Swifter, fold some clothes & welcome him back home.

Special public defender appointed to represent AJ Freund's father on murder charges
May 3, 2019 - 12:38pm

A judge on Friday appointed a special public defender to represent Andrew Freund Sr., who is accused of playing a role in his 5-year-old son AJ Freund's slaying and burial.

Andrew Freund Sr. was scheduled to make a court appearance Friday to determine whether he would hire a private attorney or ask a judge to appoint one for him.

After filling out an affidavit detailing any debts, bank accounts or assets, McHenry County Judge Robert Wilbrandt appointed Special Public Defender Henry Sugden to represent Freund on a series of criminal charges related to AJ's death.

Freund reported owing $50,000 in credit card debts, and noted that his home is in foreclosure. He also indicated that he worked for a contracting company, but wasn't certain whether he still had a job. “I don't know if I'm still employed at this point," Freund wrote.

Attorneys with the McHenry County Public Defender's Office could not be assigned to Freund's case because Assistant Public Defender Richard Behof was previously appointed to represent AJ's mother, JoAnn Cunningham.

Representation of both parents by the public defender's office would create a conflict of interest.

Sugden has until Tuesday to file any motions he would like to be addressed at Freund's next court date on May 10.

Freund, 60, and Cunningham, 36, lived together at 94 Dole Ave., Crystal Lake with AJ and another young boy, who has since been taken into Illinois Department of Child and Family Services protective custody.

Police believe AJ's parents forced the boy to take a cold shower and beat him to death on April 15, according to police reports and affidavits. Freund allegedly told police he then stored the child's body in a tote in the basement and buried him in a shallow grave near Woodstock, where investigators recovered AJ's body on April 24.

Special public defender appointed to represent AJ Freund's father on murder charges | Northwest Herald

What if she told DN what really happened? Of course, it would be recorded, but maybe she slipped up. I think LE has a pretty good idea what happened. The two of them just need to tell the truth and end their own misery as opposed to a trial. Plus, JC has a public defender. Who do you think is paying for that?!?!

Representation of both parents by the public defender's office would create a conflict of interest.

By all means we wish to not violate their rights.
So <modsnip> disgusting.
My sympathy to anyone that has to put up a vigorous defense to either animal.
I could not look at either, I’d be ill. Or, I’d be charged with attempted murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if she told DN what really happened? Of course, it would be recorded, but maybe she slipped up. I think LE has a pretty good idea what happened. The two of them just need to tell the truth and end their own misery as opposed to a trial. Plus, JC has a public defender. Who do you think is paying for that?!?!

I guess they’ve listened to the jail calls.

I think trials are irrelevant, there’s nothing either can say to ease their LWOP, imo.
My advice, Go straight to prison, but they won’t. They will finger point, lie & deny.

This was destined to happen. Abuse was only going to become more frequent & more violent. They do not just stop.

FYI: Hln put a full screen of AJ haircut photo up, any of you that did not notice his distorted head, get in front of your TV during the next segment. It is so obvious his head shape is completely different than other pics of him.
Mommie dearest. I’m not a doctor but I wonder if his motor skills/internal organs/hearing/vision ever recovered from that beating or if he died a bit each day.
That's exactly what I think - a revival attempt...

Dear AJ- I'm sitting here crying watching all these wonderful people pay their respects to you. Little man, you have our attention now. I admire your grace and suffering. You were an admirable big brother with the courage to save your siblings. We are sorry that we couldn't/didn't help you. We have created a system that makes it easy for the monsters to hide. We know we need to change it and hopefully, quickly, we figure it out, before we fail another child.
Please give Lucas my love.
Hugs and kisses,
Henry

Dear AJ- I'm sitting here crying watching all these wonderful people pay their respects to you. Little man, you have our attention now. I admire your grace and suffering. You were an admirable big brother with the courage to save your siblings. We are sorry that we couldn't/didn't help you. We have created a system that makes it easy for the monsters to hide. We know we need to change it and hopefully, quickly, we figure it out, before we fail another child.
Please give Lucas my love.
Hugs and kisses,
Henry

Wonderfully said. *tear*

BBM

I can see the shower as revival attempt as well. I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense. I had posted earlier that I thought maybe it was a longer than 20 minutes. Either way, revival or longer in duration, I don't think it was as "innocent" (for lack of a better word) as a 20 minute cold shower.

MOO

Monsters!!!

AJ I wish I could hug you

If DN is the father, I see JC awarding custody to his family, providing they are interested in custody. I’m not saying this will happen but I don’t for one moment think DCFS to be concerned for the best interest of the baby or any child.
Also, per LE, DN/JC maintained a phone relationship during his incarceration & she had already advised him AJ went missing (always a good idea to notify an inmate before 911, huh), so if he’s the dad , they’ve probably discussed their future, jmo. Of course she has no future, because she took AJ’s future.
According to the article, JC will have no say in the matter:

Once her baby is born, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services will receive a call from the hospital to initiate its involvement with the child, said Jassen Strokosch, the agency's spokesman.

"... Plans for the newborn will need to include permanency in another home," Strokosch said. "This could be with relatives or another foster care home. Ultimately, the decision will be up to a judge, but most likely the goal will be to work toward adoption."

JoAnn Cunningham: A 7-month pregnant mother is in jail accused of killing her son - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018