Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been cloudy/raining nearly every day here in Crystal Lake since they found little AJ's body. Today's the first day the sun is trying to peek through - the day of his visitation. I hope wherever he is, he feels all of the love for him that so many who haven't even met him have.

The funeral home is preparing for the enormous turnout.

Nearby businesses will open their parking lots.

The flower shop next door is donating hundreds of blue bows to give out to mourners.

Two community members are fashioning hundreds of pins for mourners.

And others are asking what they can do.

“It’s just been an overwhelming response from the community,” said Jack Davenport, an owner of the funeral home. “People have called from all over the country. They just want to help.”

Other family members, including A.J.’s grandmother want it known that he had other family.

“He does have a family that loves him,” Nordin said. “Just like any family would love him. People wonder why they didn’t do anything, but they tried. But they could only do so much.”

Comfort dogs will be at A.J.’s visitation to greet mourners waiting in line inside and outside the funeral home.

Crystal Lake Police Prepare For Crowds Expected At A.J. Freund’s Visitation Friday

The funeral home is preparing for the enormous turnout.

Nearby businesses will open their parking lots.

The flower shop next door is donating hundreds of blue bows to give out to mourners.

Two community members are fashioning hundreds of pins for mourners.

And others are asking what they can do.

“It’s just been an overwhelming response from the community,” said Jack Davenport, an owner of the funeral home. “People have called from all over the country. They just want to help.”

Other family members, including A.J.’s grandmother want it known that he had other family.

“He does have a family that loves him,” Nordin said. “Just like any family would love him. People wonder why they didn’t do anything, but they tried. But they could only do so much.”

Comfort dogs will be at A.J.’s visitation to greet mourners waiting in line inside and outside the funeral home.

Crystal Lake Police Prepare For Crowds Expected At A.J. Freund’s Visitation Friday
I have such a lump in my throat

I think they're both delusional, possibly drug induced psychosis. Sr. has clearly lied about so many things. Both of them lied to portray a perfect life. In one article, which I'll try to find, JC described going to church and praying for AJ's return home. They tried to make things look normal, and, in some sense probably believed that everything was normal. Locking your child in a room for 5 hours is not normal. Living in filth is not normal. Putting your child in a cold shower for "20 minutes" and the putting him to bed cold, wet, and naked is not normal. Not calling for help when your child is dying due to your abuse is not normal. And, video taping of the poor boy after he was just beaten is beyond my comprehension! What kind of sick twisted person does that?!?! It's bad enough she beat him, let alone mock him.
I really hope they both plead guilty. It will be hard to find a jury for their trials and once they do, they'll need to have counselors or something on hand for the jurors as the evidence that may be shown in a trial will be horrific!
I wonder if she video taped AJ as proof of perhaps what AF did? That seems more likely than video taping if she did it. IMO I think he had a bigger hand in this and he is just smart about law and trails and is getting his story out. IMO.

With tragedy there is always heartbreak, but I am most often left awe inspired by all the love, kindness, and selflessness of humanity.

It is beautiful ~
Yes, it does restore your faith in humanity .
If only AJ had known that people do care when he was alive.

MOO

Today we celebrate and mourn for you, little man:

The owner of this Crystal Lake flower shop hopes to make up to a thousand ribbons before noon today.

Free of charge.

The ribbons will be placed around town in honor of AJ Freund.

His public visitation is at 1pm.
@cbschicago

JoAnn Cunningham: A 7-month pregnant mother is in jail accused of killing her son - CNN

In Illinois, consideration for children born to mothers serving time is given to family members if it's in the best interest of the child. Court documents obtained by CNN on Thursday said the father of Cunningham's baby is not Freund.

"If the father is able to care for the newborn, they would have custody of the child," Strokosch said. "If there isn't a father available and absent other plans, DCFS becomes involved. We would work with the courts to create a plan for the child based on the best interest of the newborn."

As I drove into work this morning, thinking about AJ (of course) and his funeral today, the song Concrete Angel came on. I haven't heard that one in forever and it hit me so much harder than ever before. He has flown to place where he is certainly loved and no longer suffering. I hope the sun shines for your loved ones and your community AJ. They certainly need your warm embrace today.

JoAnn Cunningham: A 7-month pregnant mother is in jail accused of killing her son - CNN

In Illinois, consideration for children born to mothers serving time is given to family members if it's in the best interest of the child. Court documents obtained by CNN on Thursday said the father of Cunningham's baby is not Freund.

"If the father is able to care for the newborn, they would have custody of the child," Strokosch said. "If there isn't a father available and absent other plans, DCFS becomes involved. We would work with the courts to create a plan for the child based on the best interest of the newborn."

Kudos to you for finding this. I looked yesterday during our debate. So, imo, the father has first shot of custody, if he so desires. Moo

I wonder if she video taped AJ as proof of perhaps what AF did? That seems more likely than video taping if she did it. IMO I think he had a bigger hand in this and he is just smart about law and trails and is getting his story out. IMO.

I doubt we’ll ever know, if only one administered corporal punishment, the other did nothing to stop it. Jmo
We do know she has past history of abuse with her first son.

ETA: LE heard JC speaking, they didn’t disclose the content of what they heard.
So, I do t think she was saying “let me get this proof to show police what daddy did.”
And, at the hospital in Dec., he did not outright tell the doctor his mom beat him, but implied so, then suggesting “maybe mommy didn’t mean to hurt me.”

Last edited:
Day 1 of AJ Freund investigation
By KATIE SMITH
1:18 am

A police narrative from the day AJ Freund was reported missing describes the boy’s bedroom as an “unkempt” space with a chain lock on the outside of the door and a window that was drilled shut.

AJ, whose parents described him as about 3-feet, 5-inches tall and 70 pounds, appeared to have slept in a modified crib, with sheets that were covered with mouse feces, Crystal Lake police officer Brian Harvat wrote. A chain lock on the outside of the door and two screws securing shut a window directly above an attached garage were there to keep the young boy inside his room overnight, AJ’s father, Andrew Freund Sr., allegedly told police.

“[Freund] appeared very calm throughout my interaction with him, not showing much emotion when speaking about his missing child,” Harvat wrote in his report.

The father also had trouble recalling the color of AJ’s eyes. Freund originally told police he “thought they were blue,” but changed his answer after hearing Cunningham tell police AJ had brown eyes, Harvat wrote.

While officers interviewed Cunningham, she received a phone call from her boyfriend, who was incarcerated at the time, the report showed. During their conversation, Cunningham’s boyfriend asked if she’d “found AJ yet,” Harvat wrote. The officer took note of the question, since he hadn’t heard Cunningham tell the man about AJ’s alleged disappearance.

As police continued to search the home, they noticed missing flooring in the kitchen, where parts of bare wood boards were exposed, Harvat wrote. In the basement, police struggled to navigate through piles of garbage bags stacked on top of one another, he wrote.

“I moved various garbage bags in search for AJ, but only noticed cockroaches scattering away,” Harvat said.

Crystal Lake police report describes Day 1 of AJ Freund investigation | Northwest Herald

It almost seems like Drew tried to avoid being associated with his family. The one pic of the 4, only Drew’s leg was visible (iirc), he had no pics on his phone, if he did have AJ at his office he kept him concealed. Very strange behavior for a father.
Of course all behavior on Dole was strange.
@osu have you found any photos of Drew with AJ? Tia

Last edited:

Riiiiiiight. Where was Andrew's best interest when he was sent back, and DCSF looked the other way while he was slowly,and methodically being abused,and tortured to death?
I wouldn't trust these people to clean my toilet,much less have any say in what a child's best interest are.

So dad was “calm”, mom was “frantic”. This confirms my suspicions that Drew is a cold blooded psychopath. He didn’t even know the color of his own son’s eyes? JC has probably been a junkie and has only cared about her drug fix for the past 15+ years. Even though it seems to me as she still has “more” feelings towards this children than Drew (which doesn’t mean much at all), it was not even close to enough for her to get clean and actually try to recover. I don’t know what’s worth, the psychopath devoid of emotions or the drug addict who only cared about getting high and would do anything - even kill her own son - to do drugs in “peace”. What a duo. Poor AJ! May they rot in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PTA