Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM, I can't believe it either!!! I live approximately 12 miles from Beth and i've never seen it on our local news. Not one time. To me that's shocking!

I haven't seen anything either. I actually learned about it from CNN believe it or not.

<<Go read BB original facebook page, read the wall section going back several months, then check out her friends list, look for pics of BB on their pic pages. You will not believe what you read.>>

From what I have read on facebook, lots of her "friends" on facebook openly chat about swinging, partying, lots of drunken photos. These same folks are so worried the kids will read bad things on facebook, but THEY post crazy stuff.

<<I don't fully understand this post... What are you alluding to? Is it relevant to her disappearance? Any links? >>

To me, IMO It shows bad judgement. It shows what kind of people she hung out with. When your child is a "friend" on your facebook page, most folks would not post drunken party pics for the kids to see.

Posters:

No rumors! What you post needs to be backed up by links and be relevant to the case.

No victim bashing!

WS does not allow cut and pastes from social networking sites or blogs; links only.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hoppy
mod

SpyMom. I was getting ready to respond to the other post about FB, then realized it was deleted. You said Just below this conversation is a pic of B and a copy of the Missing poster.hehehehe My question is are you finding this amusing or are you quoting someone else who though her missing poster was amusing? I'm a bit confused.

I haven't seen anything either. I actually learned about it from CNN believe it or not.

I find it really alarming that it's not on the news. Being local you know what a sleepy little town Woodstock is, never been to Centralia, but i've been downstate, nothing but corn and one stop light towns.

I just can't believe no one is talking about this on the news. Not any station i've seen and tonight I switched around. This poor woman could be any one of us, and apparently, that's not news. Her poor 10 year old son cry's for his mother but no one is looking? I don't get it. I hope they start organizing searches. I'll go search, i'd even drive down to do it. Every life is worth that. Whether it be a child or a full grown woman.

Edited to add: I learned about it on the astrology thread. Not in my newspaper or on tv. How must her family feel having her just gone and not having it on the news. I'd want it written in frigging sky writing, world wide.

<<SpyMom. I was getting ready to respond to the other post about FB, then realized it was deleted. You said Just below this conversation is a pic of B and a copy of the Missing poster.hehehehe My question is are you finding this amusing or are you quoting someone else who though her missing poster was amusing? I'm a bit confused >>

I'm sorry, in the facebook conversation where B's friends are talking about the party a few days ago, they kept adding <<hehehe's>> to their siggering conversation. To me IMHO it comes off so disrespecfull, like any word on B, then on to sex talk and joking around. I am not amused, I am sad that in our neighborhood the attitude is "hush hush" dont make waves or embarress the family. I suggested to one person that they remove a pic of B licking her face, and this person was dumbfound, like WHY, its a great pic. To me IMHO, it was horrid and confusing for the children to see. Maybe it's just me, I would'nt want my kid to see me half dressed, eyes glassed over, licking anybody, not even their Dad. I guess IMHO that Hollywood, TMZ etc makes overly sexual pics and sex tapes acceptable. I'm not judging B, she deserves better treatment, she was a sweet lady who would help anybody, I'm sorry if I am offending anybody.

SpyMom, to reply to someone's post just click on the quote button on their post and the post shows up.

<<SpyMom. I was getting ready to respond to the other post about FB, then realized it was deleted. You said Just below this conversation is a pic of B and a copy of the Missing poster.hehehehe My question is are you finding this amusing or are you quoting someone else who though her missing poster was amusing? I'm a bit confused >>

I'm sorry, in the facebook conversation where B's friends are talking about the party a few days ago, they kept adding <<hehehe's>> to their siggering conversation. To me IMHO it comes off so disrespecfull, like any word on B, then on to sex talk and joking around. I am not amused, I am sad that in our neighborhood the attitude is "hush hush" dont make waves or embarress the family. I suggested to one person that they remove a pic of B licking her face, and this person was dumbfound, like WHY, its a great pic. To me IMHO, it was horrid and confusing for the children to see. Maybe it's just me, I would'nt want my kid to see me half dressed, eyes glassed over, licking anybody, not even their Dad. I guess IMHO that Hollywood, TMZ etc makes overly sexual pics and sex tapes acceptable. I'm not judging B, she deserves better treatment, she was a sweet lady who would help anybody, I'm sorry if I am offending anybody.

You didn't offend me, I truly did not know what you meant by the "hehehe's". IMO, some of the original photos posted of Beth were not the type of pictures you want every person out there to see... again... just my opinion. However, posting those types of photos made me question the intent of the person who supplied them. That's why I originally asked who had supplied them to the person creating the FB page.

You didn't offend me, I truly did not know what you meant by the "hehehe's". IMO, some of the original photos posted of Beth were not the type of pictures you want every person out there to see... again... just my opinion. However, posting those types of photos made me question the intent of the person who supplied them.That's why I originally asked who had supplied them to the person creating the FB page.

<< posting those types of photos made me question the intent of the person who supplied them.>>

Thats how I feel, IMO the pics on the BB missing page are tame compared to the ones sent to Anderson Cooper. I feel, way at the start of all this, either some of BB friends are really stupid, and lack common sence as to what would show B in a good positive way, or they are truly evil and wanted B to look really bad to the media. Either way, it's all a big joke around here, a circus freak show. A towns man showed up at the city hall council meeting wanting to discuss the case, and the council just rolled their eyes at him, refused to make any statements or answer him. It's all so sad.

Wow, so what you are saying is "some" are not taking Beth's disappearance seriously. In contrast, if a "large group" of people showed up to the CC meeting, perhaps the public interest/pressure would have spurred the eye rollers to take action.

Bottom line is this; whatever Beth choose to do, party, swing, drink, etc., is irrelevant to her disappearance. We have come a long way in terms of Victim's Rights. We don't say a woman caused her own rape because she chose to wear a short skirt and a halter top any more. No means No ... Same principal applies here. I wish people would QUIT talking about that kind of carp!

Where is Beth and why isn't LE taking the appropriate actions in her missing case??!!!

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=7477573
I've been trying to give him all the benefit of the doubt, but I'm getting frustrated. He diverts his eyes and his expression doesn't invoke my sympathy for his plight. His eyes look like someone who hasn't had much sleep to me, but really. Really! :waitasec:

I did not read any thing suspicious in his eye actions.

"Looking down and to the right displays that the person is recalling, or is experiencing, an emotional state. This could be a recent heartbreak or the joy of finding love (look for slight emotional expression to suggest which). This could also show that they are reliving a scene in which they went through such a heavy emotion, such as they first time they saw the end of a painful melancholy movie, or their first experience of Mozart’s Clarinet Concerto."

http://psychology.suite101.com/article.cfm/reading_body_language_watching_eyes

Does any one have further information on the 4th person at the Frosty Mug? Who was he?

Does any one have further information on the 4th person at the Frosty Mug? Who was he?

I have no way of knowing if it's true, but it was posted on the facebook page that it was RR's older brother NR, but of course that post disappeared too. On the discussion boards, a lady has posted she NR's "second mother" and is defending him. Her post is still there.

Maybe "established" was too strong a word; "reportedly" would probably have been a better choice. My information comes from a few sources: 1. Facebook comments; 2. The Woodstock Advocate blog: http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/06/5000-reward-now-beth-bentley.html; and 3. A friend in the Mt. Vernon area who knows the waitress at the Frosty Mug who waited on the group Friday night (I know, hearsay). To my knowledge, none of the mainstream media have mentioned the Friday night dinner.

This is the correct link:

http://woodstockadvocate.blogspot.com/2010/06/5000-reward-now-beth-bentley.html

I did not read any thing suspicious in his eye actions.
I don't meant to imply that I'm suspicious about him, sorry. I was just stating the fact and how I react to it.

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but I'm still not sure there is a link in the media about the Frosty Mug. Do you have a link? If not, then it would be a rumor, right?

Posters:

No rumors! What you post needs to be backed up by links and be relevant to the case.

No victim bashing!

WS does not allow cut and pastes from social networking sites or blogs; links only.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hoppy
mod

Thank you Hoppy!

Additionally:

-Information from private FB pages is off limits for discussion.
Private means private.

-Opinion and speculation must be case relevant.

-No sleuthing of minors!

Please keep in mind, this is a victim friendly site.
Right now Beth is a victim as is her family.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with our TOS (Terms of Service)
Rules and posting ettiquette.
Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is also a sticky thread at the top of the missing/located discussion forum for threadiquette and questions about posting. Please feel free to use this, or to pm a mod if you have any questions.

Welcome and thank you for your interest in Beths case!

Cubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members