Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BethBentley41MISSINGIllinoisMay2-1.jpg

updated flier with corrections.

I think those photos are only available to friends of Beth's. I don't see an area for viewing her photo's to non friends. :waitasec: or are the photo's on her wall?

There are pics a few pages down, on her wall.

Going back to JW's 'story' about taking the train.

Why did JW initially tell LE that Beth was going to take the train back to Chicago. I mean, she TOLD LE this. LE spent money and man hours investigating this 'story', a story JW now admits is untrue. Clearly this is some kind of crime knowingly providing LE with false information regarding an open investigation.

I'm having a hard time digesting why JW would provide false information to police to cover up for her friend. She has stated she was trying to protect her friend and protect her friends family from embarrasment. I can understand trying to cover for Beth to her family, but when it became apparent this was serious and a missing persons report was filed why did she provide false info to police?

When did she finally tell LE the the story she initially gave them about making plans for Beth to take a train was untrue? and why hasn't she been charged for providing LE with that false information considering the amount of time and costs?

If we amateurs feel JW has discredited herself I am pretty certain LE feels the same way. Thus far there has been zero proof to back up ANY of JW's story of events which occured that weekend.

I hope LE knows much more than they are sharing.

Bottom line here is JW not only provided false info to the family and friends of Beth, she also admittedly provided false information to police. I think that speaks volumes about JW's involvement in this case.

I'd really like to believe Beth left willingly with someone, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around why JW would not have initially provided that info to LE and only shared that possibility AFTER it was proven no one could place Beth at or on the train.

JMO

I may be wrong, like I said, Im confused.. but I thought SB relayed this story to LE when he filed the missing persons report. And JW told LE "everything" when questioned.. then she told SB and some of beths close friends.

Come to think of it I have not read anywhere where JW stated what the plans where with her meeting back up with Beth after dropping her off. Why wouldn't she say I dropped her off and she was supposed to call me to arrange a pick up time, or call me Monday when I was to pick her up.

Are we supposed to believe JW dropped her friend off with ZERO knowledge of when JW was going to see Beth again? How was Beth going to get the car SHE rented back? Where were they supposed to meet back up?

It just seems JW would be more forthcoming with this info if it were true.

You just don't drop your best friend off near a train station to meet some guy you don't know in a rental care that your friend rented (if that is the car they used) and not ask questions and have some sort of plan on when your going to meet back up, unless Beth told JW that she was not coming back. Even if Beth had said she was running away and never returning I would think that JW would have pleaded with Beth to stay and remind her of her children.

Are we to believe that JW just decided to drive back to Woodstock without a care in the world about her friend not being with her and told no one about Beth being missing? Women like to talk (sorry no offense) and I find it highly unlikely that JW would not have called at least one of her and Beth's mutual friends and said "Guess what Beth did" if JW knew that Beth was running away. If Beth didn't tell JW that she was running away and there was not a planned time to meet, I also find it unlikely that JW would have not contacted someone (SB, LE) and said I can't find my best friend before driving back to Woodstock in a rental car.

JW's story has way to many holes in it to be credible. First it was drop her off to catch the train, now it is dropped her off to meet some guy and didn't even ask any questions. In the post JW made on her fb page about the drugs and boyfriends is now starting to come to light. I'm now wondering how the drugs will fit in or is JW fabricating her story to fit what she has already posted and trying to back pedal her way out of a 6X8?

I still think everything that JW has told LE and posted is just a cover for what ever happen to Beth.

Of course this is all JMO.

Sorry about quoting myself, but I think I already mentioned a few days ago that it seems a little strange that if JW asked no questions and never had a plan of meeting back up somewhere with Beth. Why would JW just drive back to Woodstock without looking for Beth? Be it a phone call to SB or some other mutual friend, maybe even the police would have been a good place to start.. Then for JW to not answer any of SB's calls sure makes her look like the prime suspect in my book no matter what JW's story is about the train or the boyfriend.

I'm not one of Beth's friends on fb. I never knew her before she went missing and I don't think it would do any good to send her a friend requests right now. Hopefully someday that will change. Some facebooker's have their account set up so friends of friends can see certain areas. If you have a fb account try befriending some of the posters on the missing page that are also friends of Beth. That might gain you access. Start with AGM.

I may be wrong, like I said, Im confused.. but I thought SB relayed this story to LE when he filed the missing persons report. And JW told LE "everything" when questioned.. then she told SB and some of beths close friends.

Could be. Media reported the train story. LE investigated the train story. If the train story was only told to SB, then it is possible SB shared what JW told him with LE regarding arrangement made for BB to take the train and perhaps JW wasn't questioned by LE until after the media story came out. IIRC, the first media story did not come out until the following weekend. At least that is where I recall seeing it aired in the Chicago news broadcasts.

It would make sense that LE questioned JW prior to investigating the train story, but it is possible they did not.

I read this case thread all the time but never really post as I have no knowledge of the area or the trains, etc...

But it seems inconceivable to me that Beth just up and left her family. I hate when LE seems to put that possibility at the top of their list, instead of the bottom, if that is what is happening here. Of course it is always a possibility with adults, but the timing and the situation here just does not fit that scenario.

There are pics a few pages down, on her wall.

If you go to her wall, page down to around March 8, there is a set of pics something about an 80's party that have both BB and JW with JW having reddish hair. You don't have to be friends with anyone on FB to look at her wall posts.

Thanks. I think the pic I am thinking of is much older than, and was probably taken in California..... Scratch that theory. Onto exploring others.

I also found a link to a pic of both of them where BB has short hair. Can I post that FB link or is that against TOS?

There is also a back and forth exchange between BB and JW on March 17th after a night out drinking apparently. Posted under "friend of the day" or some such heading.

Going back to JW's 'story' about taking the train.

Why did JW initially tell LE that Beth was going to take the train back to Chicago. I mean, she TOLD LE this. LE spent money and man hours investigating this 'story', a story JW now admits is untrue. Clearly this is some kind of crime knowingly providing LE with false information regarding an open investigation.

I'm having a hard time digesting why JW would provide false information to police to cover up for her friend. She has stated she was trying to protect her friend and protect her friends family from embarrasment. I can understand trying to cover for Beth to her family, but when it became apparent this was serious and a missing persons report was filed why did she provide false info to police?

When did she finally tell LE the the story she initially gave them about making plans for Beth to take a train was untrue? and why hasn't she been charged for providing LE with that false information considering the amount of time and costs?

If we amateurs feel JW has discredited herself I am pretty certain LE feels the same way. Thus far there has been zero proof to back up ANY of JW's story of events which occured that weekend.

I hope LE knows much more than they are sharing.

Bottom line here is JW not only provided false info to the family and friends of Beth, she also admittedly provided false information to police. I think that speaks volumes about JW's involvement in this case.

I'd really like to believe Beth left willingly with someone, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around why JW would not have initially provided that info to LE and only shared that possibility AFTER it was proven no one could place Beth at or on the train.

JMO

isn't that tampering with evidence in an ongoing investigation??

I can't help but think if the LE would act on some of this, or name her as a POI she would change her whole story.

LE do know much more than they are sharing, publicly that is :angel:

I can't get the pictures that were sent to me from the match.com site to copy. I don't have a match.com membership.......

I'm unable to send them to anyone to edit the picture. Maybe someone else can find them. JW has longer hair than the other photo's of herself and is wearing sunglasses in the photo. NO linking it to WS without a link to the source and the other persons face blurred out.

Cubby

It is very hard to keep up with all the changing stories I know :(
SB didn't tell the LE this story, last he knew his wife was driving back sunday night or monday morning in the rental car.

..Scott's wife told him she would be driving back to Woodstock ..

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=7477571

Author: BRIAN SLUPSKI - bslupski@nwherald.com
Date: June 5, 2010
Publication: Northwest Herald, The (Crystal Lake, IL)

Woodstock police ..said the friend told them that Bentley was taken to the Amtrak station

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_multi=NWRB&p_product=SHNP8&p_theme=shnp8&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_field_label-0=title&p_text_label-0=Police%20Amtrak%20has%20no%20record%20of%20missing%20woman&s_dispstring=headline(Police%20Amtrak%20has%20no%20record%20of%20missing%20woman)&xcal_numdocs=20&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

Cubby- JW hair is a bit longer then shoulder length, she still has blond hair but has a bright red low lite color under her hair. This was as of last Friday. IMHO, it looked like it was just colored.

It must have just been colored as of a couple weeks ago she had her hair dark

The pattern on Beth's Vera Bradley overnighter is called Luv Me. Not at all relevant, but thought I would post it, in case it triggers some memory for someone.

It is very hard to keep up with all the changing stories I know :(
SB didn't tell the LE this story, last he knew his wife was driving back sunday night or monday morning in the rental car.

..Scott's wife told him she would be driving back to Woodstock ..

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=7477571

Author: BRIAN SLUPSKI - bslupski@nwherald.com
Date: June 5, 2010
Publication: Northwest Herald, The (Crystal Lake, IL)

Woodstock police ..said the friend told them that Bentley was taken to the Amtrak station

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_multi=NWRB&p_product=SHNP8&p_theme=shnp8&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_field_label-0=title&p_text_label-0=Police%20Amtrak%20has%20no%20record%20of%20missing%20woman&s_dispstring=headline(Police%20Amtrak%20has%20no%20record%20of%20missing%20woman)&xcal_numdocs=20&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

Thanks.... gotcha. :crazy:

You have to be a friend of a friend of beths to see all the pics on her facebook, there are some that must be tagged public. But there are many more on her photo tab u can see if you are her friend or the friend of a friend.

You have to be a friend of a friend of beths to see all the pics on her facebook, there are some that must be tagged public. But there are many more on her photo tab u can see if you are her friend or the friend of a friend.

Look through the most recent added photo's and tell me if you too seem to think it is strange the JW is absent from most (if not all) of them.

There were B-day parties, 80's night, Dart night, Elton John. JW is not in any of those pictures posted by Beth that I can see. You would think being best friends she would be in there somewhere. I wonder if JW and Beth might of had a little falling out?

Something else I noticed on Beth's personal fb page is that she last posted on May 20th at 3:04 PM (maybe a clue) this would have been on Thursday. Anyone remember when Beth was suposed to have left for Mt. Vernon with JW? Beth was what I would consider addicted to fb and games like FarmVille. She posted or played constantly. Maybe she didn't post and play from her I-phone, but I would think different. It has been mentioned IIRC that Beth was always on her phone doing something. I wonder why she never posted anything on fb the entire time she was gone? If it wasn't for the phone call to SB on Sunday night, I would say something might of happened to Beth much earlier then Sunday night. I would hope LE verified that the call to SB on Sunday did take place.

Makes you wonder don't it????

Of course this is all JMO.

The fundraiser is supposed to be Friday night so hopefully LE will make an appearance to support the family and give a statement to media with some new news.

I think those photos are only available to friends of Beth's. I don't see an area for viewing her photo's to non friends. :waitasec: or are the photo's on her wall?

The photos tab on BBs FB was recently REMOVED. You can, however, still publicly view the majority of the pictures on her "wall" and more importantly all her applications and the comments thereunder for Farmville, Anita the Astrologer, Friend of the Day, and numerous other "if you have alot of time on the computer while you're working" type applications. If you keep scrolling down & clicking "older posts" and have some free time, keep scrolling til you get to discussion about other roadtrips and especially 17Mar10- 1025>1300.
Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...619#!/profile.php?id=1478677016&v=wall&ref=ts
I've gone as far back as I can possibly go & these "threads" are what led me to match.com to check to see if there was any personal profiling going on to explain that unique relationship these girls seemed to have. BINGO & pictures of BB too. So sad...............
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member